Photo

Does anyone know if there's a way to limit how often my computer accepts a certain button press?

- - - - - mouse

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

The middle click on my mouse is sort of broken. About 90% of the time, it sends the click twice. i just want to make it so there's like a 1/3 second delay between accepted clicks.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

The answer is almost definitely yes. Depending on your OS or mouse, you may even already have the necessary software.

Because I've never had to do that, but have seen options for it with my own software in the past, that's about as much as I can give you, but it may help others with more knowledge on the subject if you provide your mouse/drivers and operating system.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Might be able to do it in the mouse control panel for Windoze, but I doubt it, that might only adjust left and right click acceptance speeds not middle.  If I were you'd I'd just buy a new mouse and be done with it, but if you have soldering experience and equipment I'd be simple to order 3 new switches from mouser or digikey for a few dollars and repair it easily.

You might also be able to get it to work using a macro program such as Autohotkey.  Heres a script someone built that should be pretty easy to copy and paste and obviously you'll need to change LButton to MButton.  Make sure you read the posts at the middle of page one where they discuss changing Send to SendInput, cause I'm pretty sure DirectX isn't going to play nice with just Sends.

https://autohotkey.c...clicking-mouse/ use the script on the 2nd post for starters.

• HubbaBubba9849 likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I figured I'd have to do something with Autohotkey. Well the script I used seems to have completely eliminated the double clicking, although it seems like on very rare occasions a middle click can just be ignored entirely.

Thanks muchfords SS.  :thumbsup:

• SS396 likes this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Thanks muchfords SS.  :thumbsup:

Haha, thats funny.  Every time I'm out in my 4x4, I get someone that says, "hey, killer Bronco", I've gotten to the point where I just nod and say thanks and don't bother telling them its not even a Bronco.

You might try elevating the process priority of autohotkey in the task manager, (just don't set it to realtime) that might help it catch all the clicks and not skip one randomly.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I'd like something that makes me stop accidentally double-tapping ability.

I have a joystick button mapped to ability and it sometimes doubleclicks when I only want single.

Mostly for cloak on infi & pred. so I don't burn my ability for no benefit.

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I don't know what the mapping would be for a controller, but if you found out, you could use the same script and just change it to that.

To be clear, this is the script I used.

Spoiler

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

The Joystick software just emulates a keyboard key press.

It converts axis bands to WASD so Hawken just thinks i'm using a keyboard.

Can autohotkey monitor any key on the keyboard and intercept?

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Well yeah. If your controller is just essentially pressing F, then just change MButton to F and there you go.

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Can autohotkey monitor any key on the keyboard and intercept?

You can create a new empty autohotkey script file and add the line "#InstallKeybdHook". After that double click the script and when it's running double click the green "H" tray icon. In the window that opened selcect "View->Key History and Script Info".

There you can find all button presses recognized by Autohotkey with their respective virtual key and scan code you can use for scripts.

Just press a button you need the vk or sc for and press F5. It should get displayed instantly.

Edited by Sorroritas, 14 January 2016 - 03:45 AM.

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users