• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Actually, this is some sort of pre-alpha concept for a community made HAWKEN promo posters. These promo posters would basically a contribution made by HAWKEN to spread the word about HAWKEN all over the World.

The main idea and basics of this "more than friendly contest" would be as follows:

1.- To create original & new HAWKEN promo posters, made by fans only (a maximum of 3 units per author).

--> Q- Should be devs allowed to participate as well? Initially not; sorry... but we may discuss on that too*. ;) =)

2.- Colored or B/W (or both recommended but not required).

3.- Required items: 100% readable header and footer for each poster. Header saying PLAY FOR FREE! ontop and footer indicating the official HAWKEN WEN site url or adress.

4.- Minimum DPI 72 - Maximum DPI 150?*. Sizes DINA4 and DIN3?* -- Formats: JPG?*

5.- Main concept -,message,et cetera-: Only positive content as positive promotion for the game. I think you all get the idea on this point. Discussion about it is open though

6.- Finalists: Due that there's not any working voting system for the forums -AFAIK- the way to vote for poster/s might be via Likes. This should be a good start as for now.. *

7.- And extension to the previous point might be to evaluate what posters are valid or not in order to promote the game by fans all over the World.. -how? Let's discuss this point too and what's the final point of all this explained later

8.- Once posters are ready to go after voting and/or deliveration and so forth.. here it goes what the main goal of this entire initiative is:

9.- Posters will be available for the download to everyone in the community. To be printed and in order to stick these fan made promo posters on walls of populated places all over the world (metro, bus stop, institutes, et cetera).

I think this idea has its potential and might drop an interesting cable at promoting the game out there pretty much.

This is quite a raw concept/idea .. so feel free to contribute at polishing, improve it or whatever else you may come up with..

Thanks for reading and .. Go it! ;)

Edited by The_Silencer, 31 May 2016 - 08:57 AM.

• Neraste and Luaq like this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Robscancer

Robscancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok.
My vote go to Badtings
  • crockrocket and Badtings like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Ok.
My vote go to Badtings

I'm not one to make predictio-badtings wins.
  • Badtings and DemitronPrime like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Hey hey hey.

nepa would still be in the running
  • crockrocket, LaurenEmily, Badtings and 1 other like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I might jump in on this^_^

badtings and nepa are not the only people that can make pretty pictures... just sayin

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

i actually don't have so much time now :P
but maybe do something, can't promise

q: which resolution image should be? i mean, 1920x1080 or something higher? or it shoul be like posters in cinema?

Edited by nepacaka, 26 May 2016 - 02:43 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

i actually don't have so much time now :P
but maybe do something, can't promise

q: which resolution image should be? i mean, 1920x1080 or something higher? or it shoul be like posters in cinema?

I would presume that would be a generally good size,

I mean doing some 4000x200 image at 120 dpi may not look great lol

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I'm already doing posters for the love of hawken.

I'd love to see more pilots doing the same!

• LaurenEmily and DemitronPrime like this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

It is a good practice nowadays to design in hi rez. Minimum 300 dpi for images 1200 for line art and fonts. In photoshop if you are going to output and rasterize at 300dpi, your original files should be 450dpi to yield the best quality. Importing vector art as smart objects and converting text to outlines (vector) will give sharper and better final results but really photoshop is for images, illustrator is for vector graphics, and you should use indesign to layout a design and pull your ai, psd and pdf or other artwork files in to it. That will give the best output for commercial printing.

I say do everything in ultra hd at first as you can always make it smaller or less dpi after.

edit: For banners and posters AI works well because if the client want a 5 foot banner now and a 50 foot later vector art does not loose any quality at any size. But I stumble around in Illustrator and only use it when I have to. Like for some HWK t-shirt designs as I am waiting for the next contest ;) .

"Have you hugged your pilot today?" , "1000 hours of getting rekt and all I got was this tshirt" and "The Fawken War Rages ON" type stuff.

Ol3BgMZ.jpg

Edited by talon70, 27 May 2016 - 02:04 PM.

• LaurenEmily, Bergwein, The_Silencer and 1 other like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

13243886_1313847815296874_77602015881683

Here is a VERY basic Example....

Did this in 2 mins, Image is taken from a screenshot, Hawken Logo and Website address...

NOT FOR THE CONTEST just as an example for ideas

• Nov8tr and nepacaka like this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

The main reason of a "more than friendly contest" like this for this is to unify the talented crowd of artists in the community and making public a set of same pictures in public places all over the World. That being somehow and decently organized and to be done during a short period of time everywhere "at once" - for 3 or 4 weeks long?*

Also, B&W versions of the posters would be much appreciated due that not everyone can print in colour, allow me to be straight on this

Keep 'em going , guys!

Edit: And how not, I've seen very talented people posting their cool creations on here. So, it's good to see & have 'em posting in here, of course ;)

Edited by The_Silencer, 31 May 2016 - 08:59 AM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users