• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

i think there should b 2 or 3 preset choicez fer itemz and internalz.  while fighting in any battle mode, when u r kill'd, u should b able 2 change yer preset itemz and internalz to 'preset 1' or 'preset 2'.  and it should werk fer all mechz.

herez an image that i think it should look like fer preset 1

http://imgur.com/S21R8Ie

herez the image i think it should look like fer preset 2

http://imgur.com/JULEpPx

Edited by snoopy187, 30 June 2016 - 06:35 AM.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

It appears that in the upcoming patch items and internals can not be changed, but are instead fixed for each mech, so soon this will be a non-issue. 

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

darn.  would've been nice tho

just changed link to preset 2 that will werk and show image

Edited by snoopy187, 30 June 2016 - 06:36 AM.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I like how you say werk..

• DemitronPrime likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

which amount of time this "soon" equal?

• DemitronPrime likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Why does your Grenadier have a G2 Raider Icon Snoopy?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

um u guyz r supposed 2 b tellin me how awesome dis idea iz  .  .  .  .  .  i dont kno y it sayz that stuff.  some knucklehead probably mess'd with my account bcuz 5 of my mechs specialteez r freakin turned off.  and doze exact 5 mechs were da one'z dat i used 2 skool u foo'z.  now i gotta start from scratch 2 git doze bak.

Edited by snoopy187, 10 July 2016 - 05:57 PM.

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Seems like a cool idea, I think it would work well with the new mech tree system on the consoles where you only have 1 of each mech. Instead of like on the pc where you have like triples and quadruples of a mech. I think your suggestion would also be a familiar thing for most fps gamers. On the other hand hardcore mech customizers might not like it.

It appears that in the upcoming patch items and internals can not be changed, but are instead fixed for each mech, so soon this will be a non-issue. 

Legacy mechs will still be customizable. Also the devs are working on rebalancing/reworking the internal and item customization system before they put it back in. It isn't being thrown out. Of course it is possible that the rework won't make it into the game before the pc patch. In any case legacy mechs will be left how they are now. 

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

thanx 'CounterlogicMan'.  haha actually i wuz jus tryin 2 git a rise outa people about them not telling me dat dis iz thee most fantastik idea evr.  :teehee:

i mean i like it in'all.  tiz pretty cool i tink.

my mechs bein hack'd tho iz tru.  sux really.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Legacy mechs will still be customizable. Also the devs are working on rebalancing/reworking the internal and item customization system before they put it back in. It isn't being thrown out. Of course it is possible that the rework won't make it into the game before the pc patch. In any case legacy mechs will be left how they are now. 

That restores a little bit of my faith. Also, does anyone know if Legacy Mechs will receive the console stat changes?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

my mechs bein hack'd tho iz tru.  sux really.

ehhhh that actually looks like its one of those bugs regarding....what was it, free week mechs that people bought or sumthing and things went awry? they all got borked? idk i remember something about mechs bought in a certain time period glitching out to be unusable and that post from ashfire about things and what not that got fixed 

looks like your gren pred and bruiser? 

*shrug* either that or your game files need repairing but in that case you'd prolly have a map or two that never load

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
'ArchMech' Oh. I see what happened now. I never heard about that one. Woops. Haha, oh well

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

It's already been stated that Legacy Mechs aren't as good as the G2 Line so that point is kind of moot really. Sure I can still change up my internals and items but when the G2 line has better stats, weapons that do more damage, and in some cases internals that were never added into Hawken's PC build because they are broken (see Brawler G2 internals for superior orb lording) there really isn't a point to pay Legacy Mechs. This is something Reloaded has already confirmed in some thread and was also talked about during Twitch streams.

And while it's fine and dandy that there are plans to bring customization back there's no details, dates, or time table as to when we can expect to see this return. So as it stands now Hawken has stripped away customization with the promise of bringing it back at some point in the future. I'll put this right up there with the comments that Reloaded has been listening to feedback and taking it into consideration when nothing about the new build suggests they have.

JesusHatesWisc

JesusHatesWisc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

It's already been stated that Legacy Mechs aren't as good as the G2 Line so that point is kind of moot really. Sure I can still change up my internals and items but when the G2 line has better stats, weapons that do more damage, and in some cases internals that were never added into Hawken's PC build because they are broken (see Brawler G2 internals for superior orb lording) there really isn't a point to pay Legacy Mechs.

An orblording cowbell with shorter dodge cooldown still would beat new super orb G2 Brawler.  Hawkins was a great weapon that really shouldn't have been on the brawler.  It would probably benefit most teams on a lot of maps to have legacy cowbell.

• CraftyDus likes this

lwY3QRd.jpg

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

I'll put this right up there with the comments that Reloaded has been listening to feedback and taking it into consideration when nothing about the new build suggests they have.

I'll put this right up there with the rest of the comments by people who 1.) Haven't played the new build before pretending it is grossly imbalanced or 2.)  that the additions to the game economy have further stratified the differences between players earning their way to new mechs, and players purchasing them with mc, in any way differently than previous patches.

Nothing about these posts would suggest they have.

And when I see obvious falsehoods being spread by these posters like the ones about p2w, op charge mech, op vanguard, and op g2mechs; while failing to observe the legitimate concerns in the few places in the new builds that are apparent once you put in some real playtime.

You know, the sort of actual feedback that can be valued by developers in order to improve future patches.

I take it into consideration that a few don't fully understand what they are jumping up and down about; not only here but also in the hawken steam forums and the subreddit.

I also consider the fact that re: one or two of the most prolific posters-of-hyperbole-&-conjecture since console release haven't even been active playing the PC version in many months, let alone the new build.

Which is why I would emphasize the following:

If you would like to contribute to the future of hawken as a player in a way that proves to be effective, you will find it advantageous to know what you are talking about. Especially if you have a valid experience of the new build to share concerning the changes.

• DeeRax and JesusHatesWisc like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

The option for a choice of preset internals would be nice. 2 options would be cool because not only does it give the illusion of choice, it will also drastically alter the play style of the mech. Ex. a scout with AC plays completely different than one with armor fusors. 

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

sweet

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Is there citation for this claim?

All we have is Tiggs and that other dev loosely saying, "Our current plan at this point is to try to let people who already have mechs from their time in the PC game keep them as they are." and "We are trying to work it out to see if we can get internals and items back to where they can be customized again."

I'm sorry, but let's keep in mind that these are vague, open ended statements - in which words like "plan", "at this time" and "try" are there to avoid any sort of commitment.  

I'll be super happy if they do both of these things, but I'm trying to balance that hope against all the other 180's, dropped plans and (imo) bad decisions they've made.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 14 July 2016 - 08:16 AM.

• DieselCat likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users