Photo

Congratulations Howken, for a successful re-release!

* * * * * 1 votes salt bad rant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I would sign an NDA if I could discuss the game with other people who signed said NDA and voiced an opinion that the devs actually listened to (ergo, private forum that the devs use to talk with us)

Huh, sounds a little familiar. Almost like the old devs tried something like that. (HWK Heros anyone?)

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

yeah, the whole concept is stupid, but I think they backed themselves into a corner, and we have to work with what we got amirite?

Stormwalker42

Stormwalker42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I honestly don't understand why anyone feels that playing an unfinished game for any period of time automatically makes you an expert on how the finished product should be.   I have said this before and I know it doesn't make some of the older players happy, but the game needs to be balanced for the general public.  This way they will draw the largest audience and the game will make money and survive.   That's how it works.

I get that you folks have played, like the game as it is and had ideas on how it should move forward, but unless you are the people putting up the money and willing to do the work, your ideas are just conjecture.   The new devs, etc. have the say on how they want the end product to be, what they want to get out of it, etc.   They need to make the changes to achieve that, if it makes you happy and you go along for the ride, Great!  If it doesn't, tough luck.  I for one want to see the new changes, and am looking forward to seeing what they are and continuing to play the game.   I hope the new changes bring in a slew of people and fill the servers up.  In all honestly, what the PC servers have become now, are not a whole lot of fun.  I am hoping the updates change that.

• SandSpider2 likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I hope the new changes bring in a slew of people and fill the servers up. 

That won't matter if they aren't going to stay. And Reloaded has done nothing to make them stay.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I mean, their business strategy is clear at this point. They're attempting to isolate the PC playerbase - there's no more link to the IRC, PC only players can't view the xbox and other subforums, and they've pretty blatantly ignored every shred of feedback we've offered.

Their energy is going into taking ADH's work, mixing it up a bit, and presenting it as a shiny new toy to an unwitting audience.

fuzzy bunny that.

PC players who own Xbox and PS4's SHOULD go play the new hawken, create an account and go in the forums as a console player with all rights to do so and tell us how the fuzzy bunny them console players react to this game and what's happening in their forums.

Keep your "enemies" closer right?

Edited by Luaq, 01 July 2016 - 04:42 PM.

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

morton_salt_logo_detail.png

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Scout doesnt have Flak , again repeat that Scout doesnt  have Flak

as in Flak CANNON?  wtF

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I would sign an NDA if I could discuss the game with other people who signed said NDA and voiced an opinion that the devs actually listened to (ergo, private forum that the devs use to talk with us)

This already happened. Hawken Heroes was an experimental group that myself and a few others were invited to. We were told that all patch notes and balance changes would go through us first so that we could voice whether or not something was good/bad. They also said we would have special access to dev builds for the purpose of testing and providing feedback.

They didn't deliver. We received patch notes I think.. twice? And when we provided absolute walls-o-texts of feedback, they basically said "Yeah we've read all your concerns and suggestions and we're going to implement none of it."

Technically I signed an NDA about keeping the group secret but who honestly gives a fuzzy bunny at this point? There's a reason so many of us ditched Hawken, and it's that the devs truly revealed their incompetence and complete lack of respect for their playerbase with their little experiment. They literally kicked people out of the group because they criticised dev choices.

That was the point where a lot of us moved on to other games, since it was clear that ADH/MTR wasn't capable of handling game design.

• 1uster likes this

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

"Successful"

air-quotes.gif

• _incitatus and DemitronPrime like this

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

As was stated in the other thread, we had contractual obligations that we had to adhere to. Keeping a game running costs money, and the console move is what will allow Hawken to remain going.  If you'd like for me to set you up with an interview with CapnJosh to discuss how you feel or so you can ask questions to better understand, please contact support for an NDA and we'll get you set up.   That goes for anyone in this thread.  

You can't tell me that in your NDA is something written about forbidden discussions with the community about hypothetical number / stats / balance changes like radar / scanner, weapon combos, mech ability adjustments. And I believe most people would have loved to hear at least your thinking and reasoning behind that stuff before pushing out that fuzzy bunny on any platform. You could have easily avoid the "secret topic" of platform porting while still share with us your planned mech changes...

Edited by 1uster, 02 July 2016 - 03:50 AM.

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

You can't tell me that in your NDA is something written about forbidden discussions with the community about hypothetical number / stats / balance changes like radar / scanner, weapon combos, mech ability adjustments. And I believe most people would have loved to hear at least your thinking and reasoning behind that stuff before pushing out that fuzzy bunny on any platform. You could have easily avoid the "secret topic" of platform porting while still share with us your planned mech changes...

Or, instead of requiring community members to sign NDAs, people from Reloaded could just opt not to answer questions that they don't want the respective answers made public.

Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Technically I signed an NDA about keeping the group secret...

You signed an NDA with a company that no longer exists, it's not an issue.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

This new beginning makes My head hurt   :wallbash:  :wacko:

Edited by DieselCat, 02 July 2016 - 07:45 AM.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I actually think this might not be the worst idea all things considered, and it's not really similar to the Hawken Heroes thing seeing as it isn't invite only plus the barrier to entry is relatively low yet still legally binding. If Reloaded is contractually forbidden from sharing information publicly and their hands are effectively bound by past agreements, there isn't much they can do that's a better option at this point. I have no interest in signing an NDA if I can't talk about what I hear with anyone else, but I would for this. 

• _incitatus likes this

d1eZeG3.png

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

As was stated in the other thread, we had contractual obligations that we had to adhere to. Keeping a game running costs money, and the console move is what will allow Hawken to remain going.  If you'd like for me to set you up with an interview with CapnJosh to discuss how you feel or so you can ask questions to better understand, please contact support for an NDA and we'll get you set up.   That goes for anyone in this thread.  

You keep saying you've been listening to us and understand where we are coming from but I do not think that means what you think it means.

This is literally the exact opposite of open communication and in many ways is far worse than the Great Silence we've suffered through under Adhesive and now Reloaded as well.

Like I feel as if Reloaded, CapnJosh, Lady Tiggs, and the rest of them are pretty much incapable of understanding how we feel and where we are coming from because there is no effort to try to understand where we are coming from. CapnJosh spent a few weeks streaming and playing online with people, we had interaction during this time and things seemed really positive. Then the silence kicked in for months and now here we are looking at something that barely resembles the Hawken we all know and love. 

I mean if you've been listening and paying attention, if you guys know how we feel and all that then show us any example where any feedback the community had given was taken and used to the benefit of Hawken. In fact you once again did the exact opposite of our feedback and completely overhauled everything, changed up every single system, and pretty much tried to redefine a game we've been screaming at you for over a year just needs some minor balancing and tweaks like that. You guys rebuilt a good platform for the mechs, something that actually needed to be done to get away from a few problems Adhesive had built into the games such as weapons sharing stats across all mechs which made balancing rather difficult. Then you turned around and used a good idea in what looks like a terrible way by limiting options in hopes that it will better define mech roles on the battlefield. At least that's what I'm hoping was the point to these massive changes because that's about the only thing I can come up with based on what little information is available and what information I've been able to extract from devs by talking to them directly.

People are rightfully upset at this point in time and will continue to be until they feel as if their concerns and anger have been heard, understood, and actually matter. I mean we've got a community that knows this game backwards and forwards yet our Community Manager (nothing against Tiggs as person or anything here) barely knows the game well enough to talk shop with the community she's supposed to be managing. I've had conversations with people in the dev team where it becomes apparent really quick I know more about Hawken than they do. And yet the feeling I always get back (and I'm sure I'm not alone with this) is that all these people feel as if they know more than me and think I'm an idiot in many ways because I don't see things their way.

There is a complete and total disconnect here between the community and the development team is what I'm saying. We're on one page and Reloaded is watching TV in the other room not even aware we're reading a book. And I don't care what anyone at Reloaded thinks or feels about this because this is how it comes off to the community and like I tried to tell Mag on Twitch the other night no one at Reloaded can tell the community how it should or should not feel based on the situation and past experiences. And this is where the problem only gets worse because the community is trying to voice its opinion and frustrations yet it feels like at every turn the community is told "to calm down" and "information is coming" and "you don't understand cause you can't play it" or the ever popular just flat out ignoring the community and continuing to hide it away from the console community.

If you work at Reloaded and find yourself shocked, surprised, caught off guard, a little taken back, or anything like that over the PC community reaction to the console version of Hawken then you haven't been paying attention, you aren't in touch with the community, and could not be more blind to what was going to happen when so much was changed when it didn't need to be. This is the result of over a year of ignoring a community that wanted nothing more than to offer feedback for a game it loves and help it be the best possible game it can be. This is the result of bringing in people who barely knew Hawken existed, what it is, how it plays, or anything about the game then let them make critical decisions that changed up everything. This all is the result of misunderstanding your audience and doing next to nothing to correct this.

Now my only real question is what happens to me if I sign then NDA and then turn around and release everything anyways? I get sued, banned from the game? What is the punishment that is gonna keep players from releasing this information Reloaded seems very intent to keep from getting out?

• Miscellaneous, 1uster, Duralumi and 1 other like this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

You keep saying you've been listening to us and understand where we are coming from but I do not think that means what you think it means.

This is literally the exact opposite of open communication and in many ways is far worse than the Great Silence we've suffered through under Adhesive and now Reloaded as well.

Like I feel as if Reloaded, CapnJosh, Lady Tiggs, and the rest of them are pretty much incapable of understanding how we feel and where we are coming from because there is no effort to try to understand where we are coming from. CapnJosh spent a few weeks streaming and playing online with people, we had interaction during this time and things seemed really positive. Then the silence kicked in for months and now here we are looking at something that barely resembles the Hawken we all know and love. 

I mean if you've been listening and paying attention, if you guys know how we feel and all that then show us any example where any feedback the community had given was taken and used to the benefit of Hawken. In fact you once again did the exact opposite of our feedback and completely overhauled everything, changed up every single system, and pretty much tried to redefine a game we've been screaming at you for over a year just needs some minor balancing and tweaks like that. You guys rebuilt a good platform for the mechs, something that actually needed to be done to get away from a few problems Adhesive had built into the games such as weapons sharing stats across all mechs which made balancing rather difficult. Then you turned around and used a good idea in what looks like a terrible way by limiting options in hopes that it will better define mech roles on the battlefield. At least that's what I'm hoping was the point to these massive changes because that's about the only thing I can come up with based on what little information is available and what information I've been able to extract from devs by talking to them directly.

People are rightfully upset at this point in time and will continue to be until they feel as if their concerns and anger have been heard, understood, and actually matter. I mean we've got a community that knows this game backwards and forwards yet our Community Manager (nothing against Tiggs as person or anything here) barely knows the game well enough to talk shop with the community she's supposed to be managing. I've had conversations with people in the dev team where it becomes apparent really quick I know more about Hawken than they do. And yet the feeling I always get back (and I'm sure I'm not alone with this) is that all these people feel as if they know more than me and think I'm an idiot in many ways because I don't see things their way.

There is a complete and total disconnect here between the community and the development team is what I'm saying. We're on one page and Reloaded is watching TV in the other room not even aware we're reading a book. And I don't care what anyone at Reloaded thinks or feels about this because this is how it comes off to the community and like I tried to tell Mag on Twitch the other night no one at Reloaded can tell the community how it should or should not feel based on the situation and past experiences. And this is where the problem only gets worse because the community is trying to voice its opinion and frustrations yet it feels like at every turn the community is told "to calm down" and "information is coming" and "you don't understand cause you can't play it" or the ever popular just flat out ignoring the community and continuing to hide it away from the console community.

If you work at Reloaded and find yourself shocked, surprised, caught off guard, a little taken back, or anything like that over the PC community reaction to the console version of Hawken then you haven't been paying attention, you aren't in touch with the community, and could not be more blind to what was going to happen when so much was changed when it didn't need to be. This is the result of over a year of ignoring a community that wanted nothing more than to offer feedback for a game it loves and help it be the best possible game it can be. This is the result of bringing in people who barely knew Hawken existed, what it is, how it plays, or anything about the game then let them make critical decisions that changed up everything. This all is the result of misunderstanding your audience and doing next to nothing to correct this.

Now my only real question is what happens to me if I sign then NDA and then turn around and release everything anyways? I get sued, banned from the game? What is the punishment that is gonna keep players from releasing this information Reloaded seems very intent to keep from getting out?

All of this 

• 1uster likes this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And now for something completely different...........

n-FAILURE-628x314.jpg

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

I've had conversations with people in the dev team where it becomes apparent really quick I know more about Hawken than they do. And yet the feeling I always get back (and I'm sure I'm not alone with this) is that all these people feel as if they know more than me and think I'm an idiot in many ways because I don't see things their way.

Most likely because they see things as a business instead of game design which really doesn't work in this industry, just ask them how Fallen Earth and even APB is doing.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

see and only snakes like us can think of that, 'sept i refuse to sign those stupid things.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Ya know what. 

I am tired of this bs community of bitter block heads.  People that need there hands to be held at every point and told about everything or they flip out. Making mock titles and then very quickly spitting out there negative thoughts and feelings like the poor people they are. 

Look you don't like a new mech, so you decide to try and dance around the fire. And you say "Well its cause you did not talk to meeeeee"  oh cry me a river. You like every two bit trope lady saying "Its not cause you cheated, its that you lied." Its silly, pointless bitterness that comes from no where, and its dishonest. 

You guys just need to be bitter, and say the game is dead before you even get to play the new update so you can dance around the fire instead of risking crying around the fire.

Hell its been that way for a long time. People making clever threads and s*** posting left and right. This being a perfect example. Hell, you guys act all outraged about how you are being cut out the the loop, when a lot of you guys pretty much dismiss certain eras of hawken. So ya know what. 

I am going back to the total war forums. Forget hawken's so called community, you guys are supporting nothing but bad bitter egos.

I'm just going to play the game, and decide if I like it or don't like it. I am not going to make a 2 year old style thread with a mock title so I can pour all my child rage on people that are just not in the mood.

Two bit s*** poster, disgusting.

And as for the people saying that the PC player base is being isolated. So what? You can't play with the console players on PC, thats that. We are separate communities with different views. Its that simple. Its not a tin foil hat plot to run us out of the game. 

EDIT: Really my biggest issue atm is that the hawken community does not feel run, no regulation, its not even that they have to tell us stuff, its that they should  try to keep it from becoming what it has become.

Its a god dang nightmare atm. 

Edited by deidarall, 02 July 2016 - 11:33 AM.

• PoopSlinger, SandSpider2 and Flifang like this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
blablabla

62998130.jpg

Edit : I gave this post more attention than it deserved

• claisolais likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

I will be the first to admit that when I wrote the thread I was indeed stupidly irritated, but not about the subject I wrote about. I myself just needed an outlet, and farming forum likes to stroke my dead ego seemed helpful. Earning virtual likes raging about a video game I don`t even play makes me feel validated n bull.

Continue to rant I`m done.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

62998130.jpg

Edit : I gave this post more attention than it deserved

If only people titled there threads honestly. 

AM-i-Right.jpg

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

If only people titled there threads honestly. 

bca2f3d073019c25ed129a403e990377d62e8874

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I think I'm just tired of the near incomplete ability to fully read and understand what info IS given to us. People are constantly having to link direct quotes from Tiggs or other sources from the Reloaded team to answer questions in these "satellite" fuzzy bunny post threads. This information is COMPLETELY accessible to anyone that wants to just look for it. Some of you are so damn blind, that you missed the bold letters "OVER 30 MECHS AT LAUNCH" in the first fuzzy bunnyng 30 seconds of the reveal trailer. These are the same fuzzy bunnyers that pick apart the trailer piece by piece, some even claiming to have gone through individual frames to take screencaps. You criticize EVERYTHING that reloaded is doing and yet can't even be bothered to read info for yourself. And one member here even claimed to tell people on the Team Speak about this misinformation and you know what they did? They just told him he was wrong. Instead of taking literally less than a minute of their time to google "Hawken E3 trailer" and watch the first 30 seconds, they just shot him down. That's choosing to be ignorant. You're literally choosing to hamper what you know so you can continue to be angry and spread false info to others who share the inability to seek out information for themselves and cause the problem to snowball. And no, I won't drop this. I won't any of you forget this one little missed detail, because it's extremely embarrassing. I don't pity any of you at all.

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

This already happened. Hawken Heroes was an experimental group that myself and a few others were invited to. We were told that all patch notes and balance changes would go through us first so that we could voice whether or not something was good/bad. They also said we would have special access to dev builds for the purpose of testing and providing feedback.

They didn't deliver. We received patch notes I think.. twice? And when we provided absolute walls-o-texts of feedback, they basically said "Yeah we've read all your concerns and suggestions and we're going to implement none of it."

Technically I signed an NDA about keeping the group secret but who honestly gives a fuzzy bunny at this point? There's a reason so many of us ditched Hawken, and it's that the devs truly revealed their incompetence and complete lack of respect for their playerbase with their little experiment. They literally kicked people out of the group because they criticised dev choices.

That was the point where a lot of us moved on to other games, since it was clear that ADH/MTR wasn't capable of handling game design.

Reading stuff like this is a shame. Cause I would be pretty upset about being invited to a group like that and having all the words and promises turn to dust....

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Reading stuff like this is a shame. Cause I would be pretty upset about being invited to a group like that and having all the words and promises turn to dust....

Weren't you apart of HAB? I was sure you were...

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Weren't you apart of HAB? I was sure you were...

Erm.... Wait is this the ascension stuff that we tested? Also nice to see you sylhiri.

I am not sure if it was called hwk heroes or whatever. 

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Erm.... Wait is this the ascension stuff that we tested? Also nice to see you sylhiri.

I am not sure if it was called hwk heroes or whatever. 

Hawken Advanced Battalion. This is the first i've heard of "Hawken Heroes" (lame name) but it sounds like exactly the same situation.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I am tired of this bs community of bitter block heads.  People that need there hands to be held at every point and told about everything or they flip out. Making mock titles and then very quickly spitting out there negative thoughts and feelings like the poor people they are. 

That tends to happen when a community is neglected for the best part of two years. No-one is asking for a hand holding, either way you imagine that to be - us holding the devs hands or vice versa. We'd just like it if they took our opinions into consideration. Not everything said here on the forums is a good idea. I've said that time and time again, but most of what we agree on is. The scanner is a cheesy item. Incin + Tech is an OP combination. 

Look you don't like a new mech, so you decide to try and dance around the fire. And you say "Well its cause you did not talk to meeeeee"  oh cry me a river. You like every two bit trope lady saying "Its not cause you cheated, its that you lied." Its silly, pointless bitterness that comes from no where, and its dishonest. 

What? Who has said this? Who has said they dislike the mech because the devs haven't spoken to us? We dislike it because it's a bad idea that appears poorly executed from the footage we've seen so far. Disliking the new mechs and disliking the devs communication with us are two very separate things. Using your own analogy, We're angry because they cheated and lied, and we're being very upfront about it. 

I'm not entirely sure how you managed to draw the conclusion that "the devs not talking to the players is what's causing the new mech hate!!!1!!1" because it clearly isn't. The G2s are better than the G1s by their stats - bad idea. The dislike of this is nothing to do with the devs not talking to us, it's because they we've been saying since the start that vertical progression - in what's supposed to be a balanced arena shooter - is a bad move. On the flipside, if they had talked to us about it we would've told them it was a bad move long ago. We're mad about both things for seperate reasons, even if both aspects are entwined.

You guys just need to be bitter, and say the game is dead before you even get to play the new update so you can dance around the fire instead of risking crying around the fire.

We've been bitter for a long time. Again, almost two years of neglect does that to a community. Were you hear at all during the great silence? We had threads daily saying "oh gaem is kill rip in peace xd" and many turned up to dispute that. We, as a community, aren't saying the game is dead but rather that it will be very soon if the devs don't step up their game. 

Hell its been that way for a long time. People making clever threads and s*** posting left and right. This being a perfect example. Hell, you guys act all outraged about how you are being cut out the the loop, when a lot of you guys pretty much dismiss certain eras of hawken. So ya know what. 

Yup. Can't argue that we do s***post a lot. We always have, and always will. I'm not sure what the issue you find with a bit of casual fun is, but forums don't have to be super serious all the time. 

A little bit of opinion here, but I think any community has every right to be outraged when the developers of the game they're playing cut them out of the loop. That's why we're here. To be a community around the game. We can't do that if one of the key components is missing. It's like trying to run a car without wheels. The owner of the car is likely to get quite angry quite quickly when his car isn't going anywhere. 

"When we dismiss certain eras of hawken". I'm sorry? Can you explain a bit more on that? You yourself seem to be forgetting the amazing display of camaraderie that kept this ship we call a "community" together during both great silences, yet apparently at every turn all of us become naysayers and jump overboard! Ridiculous. 

I am going back to the total war forums. Forget hawken's so called community, you guys are supporting nothing but bad bitter egos.

Because running from a forest fire is the best way to put it out. If you really disliked the community that much you would've have bothered to come back, even less make a post here. 

I'm just going to play the game, and decide if I like it or don't like it. I am not going to make a 2 year old style thread with a mock title so I can pour all my child rage on people that are just not in the mood.

Two bit s*** poster, disgusting.

As are the rest of us. We want to play the game, and we will. We're more concerned for what will happen when the console playerbase sees the imbalance and leaves. We're more worried about what happens when the PC playerbase grows and shrinks again, as it has done in the past, and we are left on a game that is no longer profitable and the servers shut down.

I'm not sure what exactly you class as s***posting, but making a thread that criticises the devs certainly doesn't automatically make it a s***post. This thread, for example, has generated a large amount of discussion. You've clearly put a lot of effort into your response, as have I. 

Who isn't in the mood? We're about to get the first update in years and we're all mad about it. You yourself might not be in the mood, but I'm afraid that doesn't reflect the community as a whole. Calling anything that you dislike "childish" is, itself, childish, don't you think? Last I checked "child rage" doesn't fuel such a large discussion.

And as for the people saying that the PC player base is being isolated. So what? You can't play with the console players on PC, thats that. We are separate communities with different views. Its that simple. Its not a tin foil hat plot to run us out of the game. 

EDIT: Really my biggest issue atm is that the hawken community does not feel run, no regulation, its not even that they have to tell us stuff, its that they should  try to keep it from becoming what it has become.

Its a god dang nightmare atm. 

The devs have already said they wish for cross-platform compatibility in the future. This is not an issue to us.

What is an issue to us is that we can't access the console forums and see their opinions of the game we love so much. We cannot see what the new player thinks, only reloaded can. It seems odd that the devs wouldn't let us express our opinions on the console version of the game, no? Are we not entitled an opinion?

It may not be a tinfoil hat plan to run us out of the game, but judging from their lack of communication with us in the past and doing the exact opposite of what we've been campaigning for since they took over, it becomes more and more likely with every bad decision, I'm afraid. 

Finally, are you suggesting that they should censor us? We have always been quite moderate, in my opinion. It's only been since the whole console patch fiasco kicked off that the community has been mad, and righteously so. They could very easily keep us from being so mad if they'd talk to us a little more. We're mad because we've been through neglection after neglection, That takes a toll.

To end my response on a positive note, the stats page they provided earlier was definitely a step in the right direction. So thanks for that, tiggs.

Anyways, it's getting late. I'm going to sleep on all this for the second time. I'll be back to respond to any responses I might get tomorrow morning.

Edited by Miscellaneous, 02 July 2016 - 12:46 PM.

• XPloyt, Kindos7, claisolais and 2 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Really? A discussion? What exactly has been presented here in a way that invites open discussion? 

This is a rant dump: plain and simple. This thread is completely saturated with non-open ended statements about the state of the game and its future. Hardly any refutation and almost no counter refuting is going on. There are plenty of satirical photo posts about hawken and reloaded just being posted and then sometimes shared as well.

You'll see the same thing with most of the threads being posted. Even the ones with an actually serious title that's not passive aggressive or sarcastic. There is almost no discussion because nobody wants to discuss. They've already made up their minds and are all just competing to be heard, saying almost the same things as everyone else. The only thing less plentiful here now a days than reason is a confident counter argument to all this negativity.

Although there are a few individuals who clearly don't agree with all this negativity but can't quite seem to put themselves out there. People who are trying very hard at times to both disagree and to also not be attacked by anyone who's opinions differ. I can't help but chuckle at people who clearly aren't speaking their minds on a video-game forum to avoid becoming a social pariah here.

I don't care how much you sympathize with the angry people here. I don't care how long we've been waiting or left in complete silence. This is no excuse for this kind of behavior. If some of you are being as negatively affected by all this as your forum posts seem to suggest I can't imagine how that's affecting you physically outside of the Hawken universe. All this negativity has to take some sort of toll on you, which is exactly what I think caused deidarall's post. It's frustrating even more so that I know for a fact some of you actually don't care, and all this drama is just a facade. 

Edited by Flifang, 02 July 2016 - 03:04 PM.

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Let me just put it this way, if someone is going to miss titles a post like this, it should be removed, or force-ably re-titled, and the person that did it needs to be banned for a while, or warned. End of story. There need to be standards. This is not casual fun, this is just being an a**.

Look people can be bitter and mad in some ranting area of the forum or something, but I am tired of this toxic stuff that makes it into general discussion. 

• Flifang likes this

petracles

petracles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Hawken deserves a good memoir. I was always thinking of writing one, might get around to it now seeing that there's common interest.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I am tired of this bs community of bitter block heads . . .

And you say "Well its cause you did not talk to meeeeee"  oh cry me a river . . .

You guys just need to be bitter . . .

I am going back to the total war forums. Forget hawken's so called community, you guys are supporting nothing but bad bitter egos . . .

Two bit s*** poster, disgusting . . .

2f1e20eadb84ee3e64fb88950ff34d2e.jpg

Or, you know, be a complete hypocrite.  Your call.

Edited by Nept: Ultra Lord of the God-Kings, 02 July 2016 - 04:24 PM.

• KejiGoto, Miscellaneous, Kindos7 and 1 other like this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Look people can be bitter and mad

vGp42nE.gif

• Kindos7 and deidarall like this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I have one Hawken community elsewhere, in the most case, I transport and translate information from here.

Well I posted a lot posts with a title JUST LIKE THIS ONE. 

But, I posts tech spec, some minor changes(compare with PC version, ofc) that I or community noticed.

And when new guys come in, and ask for help--I warn them about what they might experience in game. 

Guess what, many new people just left "What a fuzzy bunny game".  Sometimes they do have the point you know.

But Im still there, where I joined as a noob years ago.  LIKE I DONT CARE.

But this #1 might be a little too much, cos this is not the fault of two. (Although they definately have something to do with it, which obviously leads to most of the negative words.)

I also missed that "over 30 mechs" So what? I actually did much that line entirely. 30 means there will be MANY NEW MECHS, which was the BIGGEST news in their entire trailer. Who could have thought they just teared apart weapon combo and re package into different mechs, which now proved having the same chassis (Donno if that G2 paining is a special chassis or not tho, but they're close anyway). Yeah over 30 mechs, kinda BS, does that mean we are in fact having 48 mechs? (Difference weapon combo, or same combo on different mech. Note the CRT is more of a ground assault, its state fit better with a different playstyle)

Yes we should read more carefully, like the TERM&CONDITIONs things, like the tiny little words hidden on the corner of a huge advertisement poster.

Yeah Thats kinda worth of attention. NICE TRICKs. (Like they ever informed forums when they finally able to talk. )

SH!t post was a conclusion of what they have done in the great silence 2.0.

Well if they continue ignore actual suggestions and complains, you will see those post again. It's not happening for NO REASON.

But before the same or worse howken hits PC, most of people who have posted fuzzy bunny will still be here, cos THEY CARE.

Hawken deserves a lot awesum things, like many awards it had back in E3 2010. But obviously it's quite different than what we're having now, 6 fuzzying years later.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Let me just put it this way, if someone is going to miss titles a post like this, it should be removed, or force-ably re-titled, and the person that did it needs to be banned for a while, or warned. End of story. There need to be standards. This is not casual fun, this is just being an a**.

Look people can be bitter and mad in some ranting area of the forum or something, but I am tired of this toxic stuff that makes it into general discussion. 

It was more done to see what the developer`s would do in reaction, considering the title. Apparently they didn`t find it inappropriate enough to do anything with it. 

• Miscellaneous and MomOw like this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Bitter?

Well I don't know. I don't feel particularly bitter.

If anything I feel a sense of concern, sorrow, or in the most dramatic expression: I am afraid.

I love this game very much. Actually I never played shooter games before, but then through some random incidence I stumbled upon Hawken and decided to give it a go. And I stuck around. For more than two years by now.

And I like it so much that I am in fact afraid to see it being robbed of the aspects that were the reason for this elongated romance.

It's not the console release that bugs me. I even made videos on youtube, promoting the console release, because I thought (and still think) that this can cause the long awaited upsurge of new players that this game is so badly in need of.

What bugs me is that the "update" that comes with this release is cutting down the things that made me stick with this game (challenging gameplay and customisation, for example) and expands on the things that I don't like, but that were limited enough for me to still enjoy the game (scanners, high-dps-just-hold-down-button-mechs, a progression system that gives players a straightforward numerical advantage in fights, simply because they have more playtime).

Do you see what I mean? I didn't stick with this game for several years (and in the meantime spend well over 50€ on it), because I passionately anticipated a dual Seeker + damage buff mech. I know you've played this game for a long time. I'm certain you are familiar with this.

If anything I could have imagined them to remove/nerf the Scanner item, enable pilots to access all (HC-paid) customisation options from the start and move the game a bit more into the direction of rewarding projectile prediction, skillful movement and well placed shots instead of "Who can hold the cursor in the middle of the target the longest?"-kind of gameplay.

I'm not angry. I am glad that Reloaded is breathing life into Hawken again.

But the way things are going now, I fear they will turn a low population game that many of us loved to play for hours on end into a game that nobody wants to play anymore at all. And it's not like the console population is all dumbed down. As time passes by, they will notice the same things - of that I am sure.

• Aregon, Miscellaneous, 1uster and 1 other like this

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

2f1e20eadb84ee3e64fb88950ff34d2e.jpg

Or, you know, be a complete hypocrite.  Your call.

This will be my final post here, if the title was honest, I would of not even clicked on the thread. I was looking for something positive, and was legitimately interested in the topic of how well hawken was doing at launch. Instead I got a toxic rant, and you know what, I do not feel bad about providing more toxic rants to a thread  was started as a toxic rant thread. If the title was "My issues with the launch" or something actually HONEST, maybe I would of not considered it an a** of a post. But I do, so get over it. This community gets me down at a ton of points, in game and out of game, so I do not feel bad for it at all. 

Edited by deidarall, 02 July 2016 - 05:10 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Well I started reading this thread, but then... TLDR

I expect Josh is contractually constrained about discussing development, despite console port being released.

Everyone appears to assume there is no longer any NDAs on Reloaded.

I've done NDA's before.

If I could sign an NDA and talk to Josh and get answers to my questions, I would, other than two reasons.

1) Timzone. I'd probably have to arrange during US business hours. meh.

2) I actually am not in withdrawal for updates as much as most of the community.

But then I could be all cryptic and tell people they should be excited, and watch you all foam at the mouth because I know fuzzy bunny you don't but I won't tell you.

• XPloyt likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salt, bad, rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users