• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Vytro is a good mech, but has a lot of flaws

First off, it needs a better cloak, I think it's ability is a waste of a good ability slot.

it would also benefit from its own custom made primary, as opposed to the breacher.

and lastly the heat rate is far too much.

if even one of these things are changed it would make this mech far more viable. 

sorry for my bad grammer and whatnot, I have not written anything in a very long time

• DeeRax likes this

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

And give the charge cannon its distinctive sound. Right now it sounds like sabot rifle.

• DeeRax likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

the thing which vytro is really need, it is a replace this ugly charge-bar on right side (near with heat-bar). seriously, it is super-ugly.

Edited by nepacaka, 14 January 2017 - 10:34 PM.

• claisolais and DeeRax like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I maintain the opinion that the Vytro is the biggest waste of potential in HOWKEN since RLD took over.

• Siamenis likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I maintain the opinion that the Vytro is the biggest waste of potential in HOWKEN since RLD took over.

I rather enjoy the vytro, it's fun Although I cannot use it to the extent of some other mechs

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

It could've been a lot more unique than just a Predashooter.

• Siamenis likes this

2XhpJes.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

False. 36-B.
  • ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

False. 36-B.

36whatevertheletteris was just another gimicky unplayable dual-wielder (Bastion wannabe?) thing with some pre-existing weapons. With a stupid name. Whatever. That never had much potential to be cool in the first place.

Vytro at least had the promise of the most unique weapon to hit Hawken in a long time. But it ended up being just a re-skinned Sabot-Breacher thingy. They didn't even change the firing sound ffs.

"Fuzzy bunny it, just make it another sniper rifle. Put some charge meter thingy off to the side, whatever, people will play it."
"What about its ability?"
"I dunno. Just give it a cloak? We haven't re-used that ability for anything yet, right?"

I maintain my opinion.

At least its shock turret is sort of different I guess. The coolest thing about it is a turret tho? Eh.

Edited by DeeRax, 15 January 2017 - 12:26 PM.

2XhpJes.png

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

There have already been lots of suggested ideas on how to make the Vytro more interesting. I like these:

-Change the charge cannon up. The charge sniper mechanic is mostly OK, but get rid of the scope and instead give it a secondary firing mode that does something unique. And change it's firing sound pls.

-Change the ability up. Instead of a shitty Infiltrator cloak (Which was already not great, fuzzy bunny.), maybe make it invisible to radar (But not physical sight) for a duration, even while shooting and boosting, and even if someone else is using scanners. But I guess that wouldn't be as flashy.

-Maybe probably replace the Breacher with something else. Either Heat Cannon or T-32 Bolt would prolly work pretty well, maybe others too. Or better yet, give it a NEW and UNIQUE primary. Breacher should be a Pred exclusive in any case.

Even someone new to the boards can see that it's flawed, as per the OP.

None of this will ever happen though.
I dunno, I have strong feels on this one. This mech should've been way more awesome than it turned out to be. RLD should've spent a lot more time on it. Prolly should've spent a lot more time on most of the "new" mechs, for that matter.

It's all just pretty disappointing, TBH.

*whaaambulance en route*

Edited by DeeRax, 15 January 2017 - 12:54 PM.

2XhpJes.png

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

give this mech and his lightning rifle purpose by making targets shot by it do 180's till the pilot pukes

• DeeRax likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

aah it's the one with a flapping gun.. or clamping.

• DeeRax likes this

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

the mech looks okay to me

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

the mech looks mediocre to me

2XhpJes.png

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I feel like RLD doesn't really know what to do with new mechs... Every new content adition seems to follow this 'just throw something together and release it' logic. All mechs they have released thus far are unimaginative, uninspired creations, that probably weren't given much stylistic and gameplay thought.

It is in the little details (re-using existing sounds for new weapons, downright silly looking mech skins, re-used mech abilities,...) where Reloaded's aimlessness really shows and it's just disappointing. At this point I doubt they will ever present some original content besides unreleased mech chassis and weapons that were made in times of Adhesive.

• DeeRax and Zebanchi like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

here is an idea, RLD:  go to http://bzflag.organd shop around in their flags.  each flag confers an ability, weapon or function. ie: missiles, cloak, genocide bomb (hit an enemy, his whole team dies; bomber gets hit, bomber's team dies), "submarine" (under the surface prowler), all sorts of fun.  you could massage some of that into Howken, and genuinely give players something unique.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I just wanted to follow up here as I had some time to play the Vytro.  

This thing is going to be a goddamn nightmare on PC. As soon as someone like devotion or Jeff get their hands on it, this hitscan monster is going to be the fuzzy bunnyng bane of servers.  

The heat generation of the lightning charge is the only goddamn thing that balances the mech at the moment, which feels kind of clumsy. I need someone in server with me to confirm that it also causes the mech to appear on radar (because I believe generating heat lights you up?) but as it stands this is going to be a hard-hitting, sniper that doesn't fold in CQC. 

Oh, at the charge gauge doesn't fit the UI. C'mon guys, try to mimic the aesthetic better.

• DeeRax and Zebanchi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users