- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

So I bought another infiltrator and did the grind for the EOC repeater because my first one is bugged and can't launch. Great, got my mech and my favorite gun  back. With the credits I still had left over from the grind I outfitted it with the same internals as my old one.

The air compressor...mmm...I played  lot with the AC before. But this time I'm not sure about it. I'm not sure if it's just my play style or I don't notice when I use it but I don't feel like I'm getting that much out of it. I try to keep my feet on the ground and avoid trying to do all those fancy air maneuvers.

I'm thinking of trying a different build with this second Infiltrator that doesn't use the AC. How many of you out there don't use it?

Edited by Vekta408, 01 February 2017 - 06:16 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Sometimes I don't, sometimes I do.  They have their uses both ways.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Disclaimer: the following is only true for players below a certain skills level - Omni milges and other jackholes who can land uncharged heat shots on midair opponents or similar need not apply  

AC is required on any burst infiltrator (heat or EOC) because you simply don't have the movement options to correctly position yourself to get your hits otherwise. AR infil can get away with no AC because the hitscan AR can put damage down from any angle that you can draw line of site to a chassis from. Heat and EOC do not have this luxury and while excellent aim and leading can offset this, the ability to fire "down" at any enemy will in 100% of cases increase your total damage dealt. Heat's splash and EOC's proximity detonation work to ensure you damage that you would otherwise miss.  

If you attempt to line up these shots on chassis while grounded you will, by virtual necessity, be more stationary and be definitely more predictable. The HP of the infiltrator does not allow for extended periods of immobility or exposure. By extension then, the AR infil benefits from AC as well because the hitscan sustain nature of the weapon allows it to continue to put damage on the target while taking advantage of the more mobile movement profile afforded by the Air Compressor.  

tl;dr just stick it on the goddamn thing and thank me later

• ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

?I tried it a few games without it. I kept putting it back on in the middle of the match. I guess I do use it without knowing it.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

snip

I was gonna say that.....Guess the only place where Amid can snipe someone is the forums.

• ReversusRex likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Something is still not quite...."right"....I guess?

Maybe I can do without the basic armor reconstructor and bump up one of the other intenerals to the next highest version. (basic deflector and Failsafe)

hmm... :sweat:

Edited by Vekta408, 01 February 2017 - 10:06 PM.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

i'm 90% sure that failsafe on infil is a waste of slot.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Try running Extractor and Advanced Repair Kit with orbs.  It allows you to bypass dodging or moving at all if you have 2 or more orbs.

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Try running Extractor and Advanced Repair Kit with orbs.  It allows you to bypass dodging or moving at all if you have 2 or more orbs.

pls no

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Legend says if you sit on enough orbs at the same time, they become absorbed into your soul and you metamorphose into the Boss Brawler

• DallasCreeper likes this

Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I stopped using the AC some time ago and I am pretty happy with it. Old school Infitlrator playstyle without noobish and unrealistic insta air dodges. 

First rule: You are not a fighter. You are a backstabber. Pick out weak targets (finish kills of players who are repairing) or high priority targets such as the jesus mech (The Engineer).

Second rule: Once seen, run and hide. Unless it is a pubstomp or a noobteam against you or just a single player yo ushould probably hide and engage again. Wait for your team to engage or be engaged so they draw the attention of your opponents to them so you can do your job and backstab.

Third rule: Never stay at your teammates or in the deathball. You are an A-Class .. so pretty weak. You are fast so use your mobility and stealth to disengage teamfights. Remeber, in a teamfight your job is to backstab and yo uare fairly easy to hit in a teamfight (even unintentionally and while stealthed) by the never ending explosive spam of HEATs, TOWs, GLs, EOCs, EOCPs, etc. etc. etc.

You want to look for a spot where you can deal damage and have an escape path ready. Once you are seen and the whole enemy team chases you ... pray that your own team is clever enough and chases the enemy team, dealing damage while you either outrun or outmanouver your opponents. This is a rare case in pub matches or mid-low MMR matches so you better team up with a good friend of yours to guarantee atleast one competent pilot in your team. 

Two highly skilled players are enough to win any game in low-mid MMR matches with ease. In high MMR matches it might be a bit harder but a well coordinated due can almost outplay anyone. However, the teamscore is what matters in TDM. So even though you are 10/0 .... if your team is 0/13 each then you can be as good as you want, you will lose 10/40 due to stupid teammates. 

In case AmpliFIRE and Rasti say something to you. Yea, these guys had an incredible awesome due coordination. 

By the way, Rasti has now 3500 hours in ARK after he quit Hawken. That is more gametime than he invested in Hawken AFAIK.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

When escaping don't use jump pads. You will get nuked without ac  :thumbsup:

ARK? That dinosaur thing? Jeeezuus..

Edited by dorobo, 06 February 2017 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users