• 183 posts

2600 mmr versus 1100 is way to common.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I think you mean matchmaking, not game balance?

But the biggest help the matchmaker needs is more players. Which is a bit of a different problem.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and wischatesjesus like this

Spoiler

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

It could be started by retain extra player in uneven teams, a lot of games use this system.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

When the Real relaunch is done, there will be much more of an advertising push, and with it a lot more new players. Hopefully by that point, the game would have developed to the point in which it can handle these new users, and with it more balanced matches. 

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

You have players MMR with the old scale and new scale mixing together. Which means players of the same skill level can have a 500-1000 MMR gap with inflated players vs ones that started on the new scale. Meaning MMR is even less accurate to determine skill level then it was before! How can match making possibly balance with this? IT CANT. Now add in players with different skill levels + different scales and your teams are going to be randomly matched worse then pure random match making without any MMR, it has no idea what is going on anymore! NOW add in a smurf playing with the new lower scale, yep kids smurfing just got even better! All MMR need to be reset so it can settle using the new scale ONLY and remove all inflation in 1 swoop as opposed to taking the slow road Removing just 150 MMR of inflation per season is like trying to cut down a tree with a pocket knife, it will take forever and the game will be long dead before we see results).

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FULL MMR RESET. Start a new season, set players to the starting MMR for whatever rank they have reached, and let it run from there.

Other thing: get rid of the fuzzy bunny underdog bonus already. If you were playing basketball and the referee decided that all new players 2 pointers would count for 3 points, the other players would be like wait what? Want some free points? Make a smurf and pretend you are new! NO. We don't want to encourage that at all. Scoring should be the same for everyone just fair and balanced. Lower levels don't need or deserve extra points because levels have nothing to do with skill and have no effect on your mechs stats.

Edited by Gueber, 03 June 2017 - 11:46 AM.

• FRX23 likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Wasn't there an mmr reset when update went live?

wmmoney.png

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

There was no reset, just a slight drop.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

no.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

You have players MMR with the old scale and new scale mixing together. Which means players of the same skill level can have a 500-1000 MMR gap with inflated players vs ones that started on the new scale. Meaning MMR is even less accurate to determine skill level then it was before! How can match making possibly balance with this? IT CANT. Now add in players with different skill levels + different scales and your teams are going to be randomly matched worse then pure random match making without any MMR, it has no idea what is going on anymore! NOW add in a smurf playing with the new lower scale, yep kids smurfing just got even better! All MMR need to be reset so it can settle using the new scale ONLY and remove all inflation in 1 swoop as opposed to taking the slow road Removing just 150 MMR of inflation per season is like trying to cut down a tree with a pocket knife, it will take forever and the game will be long dead before we see results).

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FULL MMR RESET. Start a new season, set players to the starting MMR for whatever rank they have reached, and let it run from there.

Other thing: get rid of the fuzzy bunny underdog bonus already. If you were playing basketball and the referee decided that all new players 2 pointers would count for 3 points, the other players would be like wait what? Want some free points? Make a smurf and pretend you are new! NO. We don't want to encourage that at all. Scoring should be the same for everyone just fair and balanced. Lower levels don't need or deserve extra points because levels have nothing to do with skill and have no effect on your mechs stats.

THIS

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I still can't login to my 2 Legacy account(s) ....So until RLD gets around to figuring out some kind of fix, I created a new account on a new e-mail just to be able to play.

The problem I see with that is my mmr in my Legacy accts were an average of 1950-2000. When I made this new account I was placed in as a 1250 mmr player, so in effect I would be smurfing which would seem to contribute to causing a problem with matchmaker being able to setup a true team balance.

To try and be clear, I'm not saying this kind of thing is happening a lot, but I can see this causing issues with mmr with the current low player population.

BTW...thxx to capnjosh for replying back to my support tickets today...my problem isn't resolved yet but makes me feel a bit more comfortable now that I have heard back from you....  :thumbsup:

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FULL MMR RESET. Start a new season, set players to the starting MMR for whatever rank...

Solving the symptom, not the problem.

If you have Pubscrub McRandoNoob in a server with TurboLeet VonMilge, the former is going to have a bad time regardless of what numbers are attached to each name. An MMR reset might make 1000+mmr spreads go away, but if you still have Pubscrub McRandoNoob in a server with TurboLeet VonMilge then nothing has actually changed.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 04 June 2017 - 05:56 AM.

• Miscellaneous likes this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Something needs to be done. Sitting on your hands for 2 years has resulted in a player base of 300 PC on a fantastic day. No new players are staying.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Sitting on your hands for 2 years (...)

Not true.

But as for the future, DingDongJR surmised it pretty well.

When the Real relaunch is done, there will be much more of an advertising push, and with it a lot more new players. Hopefully by that point, the game would have developed to the point in which it can handle these new users, and with it more balanced matches. 

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 04 June 2017 - 08:41 AM.

• DingdongJR likes this

Spoiler

Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I agree with the MMR reset.

If you want new players to stay then be friendly and say hello. Get into a mindset of community building. No one will want to stay if there isn't any communication. Or you always hear how you suck or don't play well.  I always offer tips to new players, especially when I see them losing big. 

USE YOUR MIC!!!

Say "what's up" when you come into a game. Grow that friends list. Encourage team play, and introduce a new strategy when things are not going great in a match.

Bethesda just released a new Version of Quake. I lived off that game as a kid, so I was excited when the new version was being released. But after playing it I came back to this. Why? Because it's FUN. Bethesda sunk millions into Quake and I can tell you now, that game is on the opposite side of fun. It's soo bad, I just uninstalled it.

This game IS FUN!! The community is cool and I always have a good time playing (Not so much on the EU servers that shits plagued with botters, but that's another story). :D

Other than that I really have only played this game since it first came out years ago and never left. 

This message honestly, is for players that have been around the longest. We have to lead by example, we have the most experience with the game and know how discouraging it can be early on. This game is in no way pay-to-win. Hawken is all strategy and positioning. We need to show others that too.

Lets help grow a community. Start by saying "what's up" in-game.

• FRX23 and DieselCat like this

-Dat aimbot tho-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users