20 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi Guys

Wondering if there is anything further you are able to tell us? What is happening with plethora of feedback that has been posted to date since the soft launch?
  • DingdongJR likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

TLDR

more bug fixing

more dev work

they're busy

don't bother them

• Guns_N_Rozer, MomOw, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Hi Guys

Wondering if there is anything further you are able to tell us? What is happening with plethora of feedback that has been posted to date since the soft launch?

ed51bbd97966171446ddd7c5106d1850_notable

• Gueber likes this

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

hER WE GO 2 MORE YEARS SITTING ON THE HANDS

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Here's a question for those of you about to pile on the bandwagon:  

Would you rather them post, or continue fixing the game?

Keep in mind this is a very corporate corporation and that such communiques probably take 2 levels of approval to make. Not counting any edits that management demands, that then need to go through approval all over again. So to say,

"Nothing new, still working, sorry guys!"

will probably take hours.

Wouldn't you rather those hours be spent fixing the fuzzy game?

• Robscancer, coldform, Miscellaneous and 2 others like this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Keep in mind this is a very corporate corporation and that such communiques probably take 2 levels of approval to make. Not counting any edits that management demands, that then need to go through approval all over again. So to say,

Wouldn't you rather those hours be spent fixing the fuzzy game?

Honestly, given how disastrous some of their "fixes" have been in the past, I'd rather they go through the trouble of running things by us first. In the long run, it would probably save them time by not requiring them to go back and unfuzz things.
  • claisolais, Pumapaw, EMEUTIER and 1 other like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

This is where I disagree. Much in line with Morquedeas response above me, without community involvement to help steer the game development in a direction that the community wants, these levels of confusion and disappointment at patches and updates will continue. Without a clear roadmap and other community-related information, the devs will be mindlessly walking into avoidable disasters which could have been avoided if they just asked the community first.

A happy community is one that will make a game succeed, for the more they are listened to and respond in turn, the more devoted they will become. 

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
The time has passed for those kinds of queries.
They are not mindlessly walking into things. They are going where the company tells them and they are committed.
At least some of the Devs play the game and will push back against things that are likely to break the game.
Let them do their jobs.
  • Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Honestly, given how disastrous some of their "fixes" have been in the past, I'd rather they go through the trouble of running things by us first. In the long run, it would probably save them time by not requiring them to go back and unfuzz things.

?????

Exactly what does the community know about graphics issues, hosting companies and hitbox alignment? Like, great, Gueber's video proves that the hitboxes are fuzzed. Any of y'all wanna expound on why, and help solve the problem?

If we were talking balance, sure, I could get on board with that but that is among the least of the game's problems now. Do I want the Vytro nerfed into the floor and the Gren restored to usability? Yes. Does that matter when there are literally 100s of instances across multiple media of players not being able to run the game?

No.

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

"We’ve been doing internal testing with select community members behind closed doors, and that testing has proven to be really, really, really fantastic"

FANTASTIC.

Forgive me for having HUGE trust issue with their internal things.

But for now, I doubt they'd undone some Howken decisions, so maybe fixing bugs is the best thing for them to do.

• FRX23 and talons1337 like this

Ic6j9zJ.png

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I would rather have sporadic posting by the devs and a complete, un-buggy game (fingers crossed), than lots of posting by the devs, and a broken game.  Just let them work, they should just have a weekly re-cap of what they got done that week.  That might help sooth some hard feelings.

• Amidatelion likes this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

"We’ve been doing internal testing with select community members behind closed doors, and that testing has proven to be really, really, really fantastic"

FANTASTIC.

Forgive me for having HUGE trust issue with their internal things.

But for now, I doubt they'd undone some Howken decisions, so maybe fixing bugs is the best thing for them to do.

The testing was good. But frankly speaking something broke going from test to live. That's the best way I can put it because I don't know much more than that but that's what happened. 

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
We know that they have engaged certain members of our ranks to aid them with their updates. Will it always be perfect? No. Is progress being made? Yes. Remember, falling forward is still forward progress.

To those who need instant gratification, maybe I'm in this bucket too, people have waited years for this last update. Surely we can be a little more patient while they iron out the kinks. There is plenty of content to explore today, right now. Too many people playing the exact same mech in G2 variety with exact same internals pre-patch for me to believe the tires have been properly kicked currently.
  • claisolais, Charcoal and FunkMaster67 like this

wmmoney.png

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

?????

Exactly what does the community know about graphics issues, hosting companies and hitbox alignment? Like, great, Gueber's video proves that the hitboxes are fuzzed. Any of y'all wanna expound on why, and help solve the problem?

This will sound stupid but, if you can build something in Minecraft then you know something about how hitboxes are aligned. It's all on X, Y, Z axes, forming them is defined on those 3 axes, positioning them is defined on those 3 axes, not like things of this nature in game development is rocket science, it's actually just geometry. :\

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

TLDR

more bug fixing

more dev work

they're busy

don't bother them

301263_0.gif

• talons1337 likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We're still working on bug fixing. It's a constant thing we're working on. Sorry for lack of communication, I have actually just been working on fixing the game - since, well, it's more critical that we do that than have developer communications at this point.

Hitboxes will be fixed in an upcoming patch. We're always constantly polishing and adding things to the list. Everyone's feedback has been invaluable. Thank you guys for staying patient.

• FRX23, ArchMech, coldform and 3 others like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

"upcoming" is like soon™ except on steroids

• CZeroFive likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Thank you C05. We appreciate all the hard work, even if we sometimes have a tough time showing it. Carry on.

Edited by WmMoneyFrmMissouri, 07 June 2017 - 03:37 PM.

• FRX23 likes this

wmmoney.png

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Thank you C05.  Glad to hear your progress.  

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

We're still working on bug fixing. It's a constant thing we're working on. Sorry for lack of communication, I have actually just been working on fixing the game - since, well, it's more critical that we do that than have developer communications at this point.

Hitboxes will be fixed in an upcoming patch. We're always constantly polishing and adding things to the list. Everyone's feedback has been invaluable. Thank you guys for staying patient.

I hope you guys get these issues ironed out soon...so someone can start working on looking for my 2 very valuable Legacy accounts I can't login to that vanished into cyber-space somewhere....so I'm not able to play and not able to experience all this new madness that has been going on....Still waiting.

:whistling:

• talon70 likes this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

adhesivenewt

adhesivenewt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys I loVe this game. However on Xbox it's hard to find players. Truly disappointing. What's the best way to support the game when you can't play? Pay for emotes and decor? I respect the hell out of this game. Some of my best shooter highlights are from right here. Im not a PC guy and tech specs don't usually matter to me but im wondering how the new XX will affect Hawken. Will you guys use that added power? I know it's a small dev team and these things take time but will you be optimizing this game visually for the new console? There may be an increase in new first time Xbox owners joining the community and maybe some Hawken Best on xBox advertising seems like a good opportunity for you folks. Maybe on the Xbox dashboard. Maybe even timed console exclusives first on xbox. I would think Microsoft would love to add you guys to that list and maybe they could show some support for a unique game that has potential to be a smite level F2P shooter game. I want this game to succeed and I will show some financial support but there needs to be a promise of reward to other players. The old content is awesome but people love new content. Visually appealing maps with pretty colors for the ladies ya know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users