• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

The TDM/DM is just too hard for me, I'm now a 1350 player, and while I like and still enjoy the co-op bot TDMs the only live players games are:  first too few and far between, and then populated by pilots with far better skills/aim/resources than I have.

The same for Siege and MA, too damn hard with that level ONLY of skilled players.

So why have rewards for things no one is playing, or the same 4 pilots are playing? Just give them the dam pts and move on.

Post something interesting and attainable for daily bonuses for the general pilot population, and who in the world wants yet ANOTHER Bruiser? Not me.

And the bots still shoot through the walls on Facility.

And what's with the Bojangles Spell bots get when their pts are down to single digits? Suddenly they dancin'! Prancin and dodgin and leaping up and backwards blindfolded, all the while shooting without missing. Seriously?

And the bot "dialog" pa-lease! Too droll and dry for this pilot, but better than none at all as well. Keep trying.

Also you could bring back the maps! At least post one of each in the standard rotation so we can reminisce about what used to be. I haven't see Uptown or Bazaar or others - and Highway has too many load/synch/respawn issues! It's a nice map, really different from the others, but just running it over andover andover ... not cool. Not helpful to attract new blood - you can't tell them come check out the new map AND ONLY THE NEW MAP. ;)

• WillyW likes this

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

p.s.

And why do these uber-talented pilots always fly their best mechs? Can't they handicap themselves in any way? If you're scoring 300/400/500 points in a game, WHO ELSE is enjoying themselves? You killed everything before I got to even see it! Not fun for me! Just sayin'...

• Charcoal likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Psst.  It's not a new map.  It's been around since before Alpha... but was taken out of the final game by the first dev team.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'm gonna let you in on a secret.  

If you think it's bad facing an "uber-talented pilot" in, say, a scout, you don't want to face them in a Brawler.  

And no, they won't handicap themselves for you.

• coldform and Rainbow_Sheep like this

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Have you checked any tutorials on the internet? Once you understand how to play the game, it's way easier to improve. When I was a rookie Soldier Hobbes channel video tutorial helped me a lot.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

a good pilot in a bad mech will almost always perform better than a bad pilot in a good mech.  after a certain point in skill, the mechs' ease of use and overall utility become secondary to a pilot's core abilities - landing shots, positioning, combat awareness, and mitigating damage.

Edited by coldform, 21 July 2017 - 02:48 AM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

The TDM/DM is just too hard for me, I'm now a 1350 player, and while I like and still enjoy the co-op bot TDMs the only live players games are:  first too few and far between, and then populated by pilots with far better skills/aim/resources than I have.

The same for Siege and MA, too damn hard with that level ONLY of skilled players.

I feel that Siege attracts a lot of 1300-level players, since the objective is attainable (and 1v1 skills may not have developed to a pilot's desired level).

And what's with the Bojangles Spell bots get when their pts are down to single digits? Suddenly they dancin'! Prancin and dodgin and leaping up and backwards blindfolded, all the while shooting without missing. Seriously?

And the bot "dialog" pa-lease! Too droll and dry for this pilot, but better than none at all as well. Keep trying.

"Nerf ICERAY2000 pls" = bots will now focus on you until you die

"Nice Shot ICERAY2000", "Guess I'm not as good as I thought" = bots will increase their MMR (faster reaction, better aim, increase prediction from your movement vector)

etc.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

interesting responses, thanks.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I hadnt linked it to the text but i knew dominating a bot made it come hunt you...

Bots get butthurt like humans lol.
  • CosmicCasey59 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Double post...

Edited by 6ixxer, 21 July 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

This does bring us back to the point some of us have made in the past about the players

Like it or not, we are a significant portion of the content. 
If we are unappealing to play, the game is unappealing to play

If we are too difficult and unrewarding to play, the game is difficult and unrewarding to play

This is true of ALL PVP games ever

Would it kill the 2k+ crowd to use a projectile mech instead of a Flak/SMG/etc mech once in a while?

Edited by Charcoal, 21 July 2017 - 08:58 PM.

• DieselCat likes this

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Thank you. I keep playing this game becaue of two things: best, most immersive interface I've ever used; and the opportunity to play brief, live matches.

But the matches part fails me badly, because of the skill level differences the game allows. Elsewhere a post said how a skilled player can repeatedly perform this specific maneuver routine to score well - I had no idea what he was talking about, sliding around corners, etc. He made my point well, that some players are pros and some are hackers.

For comparison if anyone remembers any online live shooter, from the originals through the WWII series, and all the space stuff, the most fun ones were often the simplest ones; give me a gun, point to the enemy. No trick/specialty moves, no learning curve, just you against whoever. Deep fun, because it was a level playing field.

When I started playing Hawken, the day it was released on Steam, I thought the team system was awesome; and while there were thousands of players, it was awesome, as it was a mostly level playing field; the ubers were lost among the masses, so you rarely faced them.

Today it's the same pilots over and over; you know how they play and how they score, and whether to bother or not.

It's like when someone air bashes you (me in a Brawler) and they're a scout, and they destroy you? How does that even work?

So in the old days it was possible to find like-minded players to have games with.

Really tough to do today, still at my skill level.

• Pumapaw likes this

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

So in the old days it was possible to find like-minded players to have games with.

Really tough to do today, still at my skill level.

Back in the "old days", Hawken had a playerbase, and a very enthousiastic community.

All that is dead now.

Edited by Onebullit, 22 July 2017 - 05:02 AM.

• Pumapaw likes this

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

killing chat between matches didn't help either.

I'd like my own copy of this game to alter slightly - its a great core. low on dilithium crystals, but too much fun to walk away from yet. I'm passe myself, so if all this amounts to is nostalgic nonsense, then I'm still logging in. Thx.

• Charcoal likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Would it kill the 2k+ crowd to use a projectile mech instead of a Flak/SMG/etc mech once in a while?

Probably.

But the people who complain about this would still complain. A Heat Rocketeer is gonna stomp a 1600 player just as badly. I shoukd know, I got told years back to "play a real mech" after beating some players like they owed me money. When it became clear that in a "real mech" I was beating them like they owed my mother money, the whiners quit. While the quantity of medium tier players (spoilers! That's what most of the players these days are!) is a problem, it's not going to be solved with projectile weapons or players condescending to those less skilled than them. Which, let's be honest, is what's being asked of us here.

Things that will actually fix players getting matched outside their comfort zone:

1. Population.
2. A better tutorial.
3. Opt-out Boot Camp servers up to level 30.
4. MMR that works (requires #1).
5. Maybe some kind of disclaimer that this isn't a mech sim. A new trailer. It's nice but utterly fails to convey the fluid gameplay that Hawken is capable of AND THAT PLAYERS MUST LEARN if they are going to enjoy the game. This is an arena shooter. Fuzzing act like it and, HWKENT, describe it as such.
  • Rainbow_Sheep likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

1. Population.
2. A better tutorial.
3. Opt-out Boot Camp servers up to level 30.
4. MMR that works (requires #1).
5. Maybe some kind of disclaimer that this isn't a mech sim. A new trailer. It's nice but utterly fails to convey the fluid gameplay that Hawken is capable of AND THAT PLAYERS MUST LEARN if they are going to enjoy the game. This is an arena shooter. Fuzzing act like it and, HWKENT, describe it as such.

We both know this is not gonna happen.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

a good pilot in a bad mech will almost always perform better than a bad pilot in a good mech. after a certain point in skill, the mechs' ease of use and overall utility become secondary to a pilot's core abilities - landing shots, positioning, combat awareness, and mitigating damage.

Last time I playing siege on g2-civ, and earn 1000 scores, but stupid g1-bers which just press space and use suicidal behavior earn 1050 scores, bacoz +20%. It was not fair. I was disappointed. Babaji feel sad from such mechanism of making feeling beetwen players equal.
We need return a frags in table, and let scores unused stats for player place, but use it for player personal exp/HC indicator.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I agree that the game might attract more suitable team arena players by showcasing some gameplay from real comp play. I make my decision on a game based on seeing actual gameplay recordings. Ive lost count of how many games had a great trailer and was then disappointed that it had nothing to do with how the game played.
  • CosmicCasey59 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users