• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

************************* THIS EVENT IS DISCONTINUED ****************************

Alright ladies and gents, I think it's time to bring back a good old one. I'd like to present, the lovely, the revamped, the 3.0'ed:

PILOT'S INITIATIVE

SATURDAY TRAINING CENTER

Revamped you say? Yes. Previously it worked like this: at a set time (4 pm GMT or EST equivalent) on every Saturday there was a trainer, usually veteran pilot, who taught one specific class. For example: 21st Pilot did a Predator guide, we did some map naming conventions, hellfire dodging and so on. This time, we'll take things a bit differently.

That's where the PILOT'S INITIATIVE part comes from. Basically, at a set time: Let's try 4 pm GMT or equivalent, there will be a group of volunteer pilots to teach their Axe to new recruits or to people looking to learn something new. This will take place on the Officially Unofficial HAWKEN TS.

To recap: 

PILOT'S INITIATIVE

Every Saturday

4 PM GMT or equivalent

TS: ts5.gameservers.com:9152

So please, to anyone interested, reply and post what you'll teach or what you want to learn. The hope is that pilots can meet up and pass the knowledge.

The details are still being worked out, so a list of teachers/pilots will be made as the applications/requests come in.

I will be there teaching aggro-tech, map naming conventions, movement optimization and hellfire dodging.

Where will you be?

Countdown to next event: 

http://a.chronus.eu/16B81E4

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, 26 April 2015 - 03:34 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple, Erzunterweltler and 6 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Cool, thanks! ;)

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

yeahhhhh..........look the Saturday Training Center 3.0 :thumbsup:  ......i don't wanna miss this .even i can't remember ,

did i missed passed Saturday Training Center 1.0-2.0  :no:

tumblr_mjdpos4gGU1rnxmkqo1_400_zpsdnn4oa

• eth0 likes this

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Man, don't overwork yourself, seriously =)

I'll be there to teach... Well, to be honest, I would like to help with every lesson. However, I can specifically teach to fight with A-classes in general (except Tech ^^), how to fire and how to dodge Skillfires, "DOs" and "DON'Ts" with most of the Mechs. I'll be there whenever I can, so probably everytime :biggrin:

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

We need one later for the US. That is 12PM here. :(

• SatelliteJack likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Tomorrow? We could blend this into the Server Stress Test for 11-1500EDT

mebbe? (yeh, I know, short notice).

edit: sorta like some of my vids..... Awrite students, observe, and Don't do what he's doing now...

But Hellyah, I'd jump in. newbs can get to watch a vet get stomped in public!

Be something new other than getting my butt spanked in Test Arena and maybe teach something :D

Edited by em1o, 10 April 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

*cough*

Officially Unofficial Hawken TeamSpeak.

also, the address:

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Tomorrow? We could blend this into the Server Stress Test for 11-1500EDT

mebbe? (yeh, I know, short notice).

edit: sorta like some of my vids..... Awrite students, observe, and Don't do what he's doing now...

But Hellyah, I'd jump in. newbs can get to watch a vet get stomped in public!

Be something new other than getting my butt spanked in Test Arena and maybe teach something :D

No, event officially starts next week, hence the countdown 'till next event. I'm sure plenty of people will be on the TS tho, so there should be no shortage of people to play with :) . Didn't want to spend time explaining stuff while people could be in-game playing and taking advantage of the event.

*cough*

Officially Unofficial Hawken TeamSpeak.

also, the address:

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

Bibbed and booped.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

... I could use some help specializing in A Classes

Then again, 12 PM is a little hard to get away with. About how big is the wiggle space regarding time?

2XhpJes.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

... I could use some help specializing in A Classes

Then again, 12 PM is a little hard to get away with. About how big is the wiggle space regarding time?

Hmmm, well, it's more like a general "I'll be there about then" time than a "If you're not there right now you've missed it" thing. I've set a time as kind of a guideline, but if people want they can start early or late. It's all up to what the trainer/pilot has agreed, sell what I tell them to do.

I won't always be there to manage it, it's up to the people to take initiative and start arranging the lessons.

On the subject of me not always being there I have to attend some family business this weekend. I'm still expecting people to show up, mind you, but you'll have to start arranging a few things yourself for the first training. There will be people around to ask help to I'm sure.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Well time zones is inevitable, I'm on west europe and i can't play with USA players at my game time for example, so yeah it's a lil problem but we cannot do anything about it.

This is a really nice idea but being unable to make private servers it is limited to joining empty servers for example. I think the people who want to do this things it is better to be scheduled by the actual "instructor", so trainees and trainer can get all together for a better experience.

Edit: BTW, is that TS public for anyone any time right now? Would be nice to hang out with you guys some time

Edited by thedark20, 13 April 2015 - 04:26 AM.

Steel

Steel everywhere~

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Well time zones is inevitable, I'm on west europe and i can't play with USA players at my game time for example, so yeah it's a lil problem but we cannot do anything about it.

This is a really nice idea but being unable to make private servers it is limited to joining empty servers for example. I think the people who want to do this things it is better to be scheduled by the actual "instructor", so trainees and trainer can get all together for a better experience.

Edit: BTW, is that TS public for anyone any time right now? Would be nice to hang out with you guys some time

The TS is, in fact, open to all at all times.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Hello everyone, long time no see. Giving you a heads up that I'll be going around the maps doing the map naming conventions this Saturday, so feel free to join in. Maybe we could start around noon and discuss a few maps in detail.

Cheers,

Freeze.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Ladies and mentelgen, I have an announcement to make.

I am discontinuing this event.

Judging from the feedback on the forums and the amount of people showing up I see that there is simply no need for this. If someone wants to get training he'll just ask whomever he wants training from. People are smart enough to do this on their own and don't need a special event for it.

Thanks to anyone who wanted to participate,

Freeze

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol god... I saw this just now and I was like YEAH ... I see that last comment .... Lol XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Ladies and mentelgen, I have an announcement to make.

I am discontinuing this event.

Judging from the feedback on the forums and the amount of people showing up I see that there is simply no need for this. If someone wants to get training he'll just ask whomever he wants training from. People are smart enough to do this on their own and don't need a special event for it.

Thanks to anyone who wanted to participate,

Freeze

I kind of think that it just lacked the promotion. Before on the old forums, this event got a lot more attention because it was just...well, in the General Discussion tab. "Community Events" don't seem to get as much attention as "General Discussion", and I sort of feel that may have been the cause of such a low turn-up. Possibly newer players - this event's target audience - do not look at the community events because they always seem to be "for the veterans", and as a mid-player, I do agree.

Anyways, it's a bit late, but I feel that this is the problem. It just lacked the eyes of the target audience.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I kind of think that it just lacked the promotion. Before on the old forums, this event got a lot more attention because it was just...well, in the General Discussion tab. "Community Events" don't seem to get as much attention as "General Discussion", and I sort of feel that may have been the cause of such a low turn-up. Possibly newer players - this event's target audience - do not look at the community events because they always seem to be "for the veterans", and as a mid-player, I do agree.

Anyways, it's a bit late, but I feel that this is the problem. It just lacked the eyes of the target audience.

Indeed, advertising is the largest issue. I, sadly, don't have the time to spend on it, but I will say this:

If anyone would like to continue this event, feel free to. Best I can do is explain how it was done previously and help you on your way, hell, maybe even assist in some thing. 

These are the steps needed to be taken to make this a successful event: Make post on the steam forums, the subreddit and this forum and keep them updated with info, countdowns and a list of teachers. Then you must also be there or have someone there to do the actual training. Also any trainer must be prepared to focus on specific pilots ( different people, different needs, different wants) and to teach multiple weeks in order to properly guide progress. I feel that the teaching is not only giving and training knowledge, but also trying to stop bad habits from forming. 

Advertise in-game: when you get in a server the first thing you do is push a macro button that gives the info to everything related to the event. Get people who have no idea that forums exist the info as well.

Lastly is to get Asia-Oceania, Europe, NA and SA sides all collaborating to cover all timezones and create an never-sleeping army of HAWKEN pilots to take over the world.

So yea, that's about that.

• Erzunterweltler likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

If anyone would like to continue this event, feel free to. Best I can do is explain how it was done previously and help you on your way, hell, maybe even assist in some thing.

Since I have got the time and I haven't done anything helpful for the community yet, I would definitely be ready to organize this. However, I'll wait for the Pioneer Program to end (additionally, as you have said, the need for an event like this isn't that big at the moment), so that I'll maybe be able to rent a server, public servers definitely aren't an option for running this event. Thanks for your tips, Freeze, they'll be pretty useful and next time please don't let anybody convince you to organize another event, you already do so much, you're really overworking yourself right there :smile:

• Guns_N_Rozer and Meraple like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Since I have got the time and I haven't done anything helpful for the community yet, I would definitely be ready to organize this. However, I'll wait for the Pioneer Program to end (additionally, as you have said, the need for an event like this isn't that big at the moment), so that I'll maybe be able to rent a server, public servers definitely aren't an option for running this event. Thanks for your tips, Freeze, they'll be pretty useful and next time please don't let anybody convince you to organize another event, you already do so much, you're really overworking yourself right there :smile:

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH HOURS IN A DAY IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

Somehow I had a feeling you'd step in. I'm sure you have the skill and willpower needed to do this, and if you need any advice feel free to ask. 

At any rate: Good luck.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

If you need any advice feel free to ask. 

At any rate: Good luck.

Thank you very much =)

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I'd be up to help new players learn some stuff about EOC/Heat infil, Heat scout, raider engagements or basic corner play/poking anytime I'm on, currently setting up my new mic. So Erzun if you need some people to back you up on the teaching side feel free to PM me :)

• Guns_N_Rozer and Erzunterweltler like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I'd be up to help new players learn some stuff about EOC/Heat infil, Heat scout, raider engagements or basic corner play/poking anytime I'm on, currently setting up my new mic. So Erzun if you need some people to back you up on the teaching side feel free to PM me :)

Thank you very much, neon, I will contact you when the time will be come, but as I said before, it still needs some time (at least that much to the point when the Pioneer Program will be finished). So take your time with setting up your mic :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: saturday, training, centre, event, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users