HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Known Issues

Beta Patch

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#81 RadioAllergy

RadioAllergy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 06:10 AM

anyone else experience flickering and strange graphical bugs only in the menus_
I never saw this in the alpha or closed beta, maybe I need to update drivers_

#82 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 16 2012 - 07:10 AM

Update drivers to the latest stable version, see if it persists.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#83 Grenth

Grenth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostElix, on December 16 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

View PostGrenth, on December 16 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Today the launcher keep saying i can't download the patch 'cause the source is corrupted.
That's a symptom of the download server struggling to keep up under heavy load; the side effect is that it sometimes can't keep up and serves bad data. Try the download again in a little while.
I tried all day -_-
It still doesn't work...
Haaaannn!!!! I wanna play...

Edited by Grenth, December 16 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#84 Kashim

Kashim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 10:44 AM

Restarting the client doesn't fix the friend's list/messaging issue for me.

Any other work-arounds_ ETA on a full fix_

#85 Cadet

Cadet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 12:40 AM

I seem to be getting a few errors such as;
1.)All items in the in-game store are blacked out and all the text in the store is changed to only 'Undefined'
2.)I cannot join any queue to access a server, as it just instantly comes up with the error saying 'Find match failed'. However i can join a server a friend (I've added via other communication from in-server obviously :P) is currently playing via using the 'join game' option when clicking his name via the friends list.
Wat do :P I can only play when i have friends on/can't improve my mech :( (also any point I put into Optimization from leveling up is also reset every time I: Leave a game/end the Hawken Client, I dunno which :S)

#86 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 18 2012 - 06:16 PM

Added:
  • HC and XP Boosts are not stacking additively, overwriting current boost durations instead. If you're affected by this bug, please contact our Support Team.
  • Connecting some third-party controllers causes the mech to spin counter-clockwise until disconnected.
  • Players who have left a match before it ends will still appear in the postgame Honors screen.
  • A sign on the Prosk map can be clipped through.
  • When a player opens an internal slot menu with no selected item after opening another item menu, items from the previous menu can be equipped in internal slots.
  • There is no HUD feedback when a countermeasure is active and automatically triggered.
  • Optimize menu stat values are cosmetically incorrect for some non-English languages.
  • The Heat Cannon does not produce an explosion if a charged shot is fired too close to an object or surface.
  • The AA Turret sometimes doesn't show its firing animation.
  • Some Closed Beta statistics have carried over to player profiles in-game.
  • The Settings menu does not update selections appropriately after booting the game in specific resolutions and changing to a different resolution.
  • The Training Drone in the tutorial can be added as a friend via the scoreboard.
  • The Favorite Item statistic may show the incorrect item.
  • Players are not taught how to perform a 180 turn in the tutorial. It's SHIFT+Down or SHIFT+S.
  • Base turrets in Siege mode aren't prioritizing enemy targets as intended.
  • Muting players does not block voice chat.
  • Voice chat does not function in Siege and Missile Assault lobbies unless players turn off Push To Talk.
  • Voice isn't transmitted when the game is paused and Push To Talk is on.
  • When pressing ESC during gameplay and attempting to use voice chat, players cannot hear each other.
  • Accounts can get into a permanent state where the PayPal window does not open when attempting to buy Meteor Credits.
  • If a player clicks Add Credits from the main menu just after following the link to verify their email address, they are erroneously shown as signed out.
  • If a player using Internet Explorer cancels the PayPal box and attempts to reselect PayPal to pay, they are unable to enter zip code information, blocking them from completing the purchase.
  • The top navigation bar does not display on top of the forums in Internet Explorer.
  • Players are experiencing intermittent 403 errors on PlayHawken.com.
  • Internet Explorer users are unable to create topics or reply to forum posts as the main body of the post is unselectable.
Please note that we aim to address all these known issues as quickly as possible!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#87 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 18 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostScapes, on December 18 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Added:

• Muting players does not block voice chat.
  • Voice chat does not function in Siege and Missile Assault lobbies unless players turn off Push To Talk.
  • Voice isn't transmitted when the game is paused and Push To Talk is on.
  • When pressing ESC during gameplay and attempting to use voice chat, players cannot hear each other.

AWESOME !

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 18 2012 - 07:51 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#88 The_L1ne

The_L1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 18 2012 - 08:26 PM

a 180°-Turn is not shift + a/d

it is shift+s

Edited by The_L1ne, December 18 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Do you want free HawkenPoints_

Posted Image

deutschsprachiger Hawken-Clan, alle willkommen!

#89 T4nned

T4nned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 04:01 AM

I have noticed something wrong: if i want to equip my scout with the primary weapon loader, i can read:

-4% primary weapon fire rate
+4% weapon heating

It should be +4% primary weapon fire rate i suppose... Dont know if it is just a graphical bug, but now you know ^_^

#90 The_L1ne

The_L1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 19 2012 - 08:59 AM

there are some similar mistakes in the textes ;) i have seen it at a couple of stats

Posted Image

#91 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 20 2012 - 10:55 AM

This one. http://community.pla...non-solid-wall/

Edited by Etan, December 20 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image

#92 Inflictor

Inflictor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoab, UT

Posted December 20 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thanks guys,

Might have found another issue that you may or may not know about.  When two mechs try to enter a "jump platform" at the same time they end up getting stuck on each other.  The screen shakes and the mechs can't move.  They can still turn and fire weapons but they can't go anywhere.  I've had this happen twice and we resolved it by having one player leave the match.

Edited by Inflictor, December 20 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#93 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 20 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostInflictor, on December 20 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Might have found another issue that you may or may not know about.  When two mechs try to enter a "jump platform" at the same time they end up getting stuck on each other.  The screen shakes and the mechs can't move.  They can still turn and fire weapons but they can't go anywhere.  I've had this happen twice and we resolved it by having one player leave the match.
I can confirm this, this happened to Xacius and a random pilot in a Sharpshooter, and we resolved it by having Xacius blow himself up with TOWs. The jump pad literally clipped them into each other and the physics bugged out, but Xacius couldn't actually see the other mech model. Also, the other mech started to fly up into the air, or at least its reticle in the HUD did, as the glitch continued to bug out. So, a more effective workaround ingame is, someone has to come kill one of them. (That way you don't lose your exp/HC at least.)
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#94 Kashim

Kashim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostKashim, on December 17 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Restarting the client doesn't fix the friend's list/messaging issue for me.

Any other work-arounds_ ETA on a full fix_

Chiming in to report the Frostburn patch didn't fix the issue.

#95 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 21 2012 - 12:56 AM

Back during Closed Beta 3, Ace4225 and UnionofJack documented this glitch, where a wall on Prosk seemingly absorbed splash damage. Well, I tried firing a bunch of TOWs point-blank into it today, and it's still doing it.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#96 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 21 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on December 21 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Back during Closed Beta 3, Ace4225 and UnionofJack documented this glitch, where a wall on Prosk seemingly absorbed splash damage. Well, I tried firing a bunch of TOWs point-blank into it today, and it's still doing it.

Good catch, will investigate.

View PostInflictor, on December 20 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I believe this is a known issue but hasn't been listed as such yet.

View PostEtan, on December 20 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Fixed.

View PostT4nned, on December 19 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

I have noticed something wrong: if i want to equip my scout with the primary weapon loader, i can read:

-4% primary weapon fire rate
+4% weapon heating

It should be +4% primary weapon fire rate i suppose... Dont know if it is just a graphical bug, but now you know ^_^

Noted, thanks.

View PostThe_L1ne, on December 18 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

a 180°-Turn is not shift + a/d

it is shift+s

Fixed.

#97 lolumadbr0

lolumadbr0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationon a couch in my house

Posted December 23 2012 - 07:47 PM

i found a bug... when i am deploying a turret while dashing or evading in any direction, my fps will drop dramatically, making the game unplayable until i reload hawken... thought id give you awesome GMs a helping hand for giving this amazing game to us :)

Edited by lolumadbr0, December 23 2012 - 07:49 PM.

0===[}::::::::::::::::::::>    look at my sword. my sword is amazing

#98 Antalis

Antalis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:56 AM

when piloting the C-rt ive had alot of issues with the Shield not working properly stopping bullets and such.

#99 The_L1ne

The_L1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 24 2012 - 03:02 PM

it stops bullets quite well, but splash-damage from rockets, grenades and heats will still hit you (they explode on contact with the shield). So you are not safed from every damage in the game. Like it is, you are just safed from the less damage of SMG's, Rifles, Flacks and Sharpshooter :D

Edited by The_L1ne, December 24 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image

#100 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 24 2013 - 04:40 PM

Added:
  • Friends Lists are not populating. The data has not been wiped and we're working to restore them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users