HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

feedback : small details that need fixes - (Screenshots inside)

Beta Screenshot Review

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hello, here's some little things i've saw in Hawken :

Swapping language from french to english will keep the french mechs names translation, and their encoding issues with special characters :

Posted Image

I love the new animation and posing of mechs in garage, however on the Brawler, the character placed near the mech is very close to the weapon, that makes him visually superposing with the weapons from many  angles, it's not a big issue since meshs are not colliding each others, it's only aesthetic :

(as a fix maybe the character can step back a foot or two when a C-class is previewed.)

Posted Image

During the tutorial at the second turn (just before the small bridge) there is a floating 3D mesh of a lamp or something that should be removed :

Posted Image

Also in the same place there is a sort of arch, one side feature a blue wall (things for limiting area limits) wich seems uneccessary and akward looking :

Posted Image

The title and description of this internal is a bit confusing, at first I tough it feature work only on the prestige weapon (when unlocked) also the sentence -10% Special Weapon Fire Rate as I usually associating negatives values to downgrading/bad things, but maybe it's just me ( this one stand for the others internals desc. too) :

Posted Image

Interface waste a lot of space and some akward spacing, I understand that the whole thing is evolving, i hope something as good looking as the mechs will come out, for now it's very blocky, i saw some old UI from previous release it was looking great! Will it be reintroduced (maybe with better readability across resolution_ wich i think why this new one is designed for.)

Also the "close" button placed under the windows would be better on top corner of them to ease the navigation.

(i have made a suggestion, and added some quick studies i made for a "better" (to me) garage UI/UX here)

Wasted space : here

Akward menu placing with titles of the window behind been cut, also the padding of the titles should be equal at their top AND left (i.e spacing of Submachine cannon should be the same on the top AND on the left :

Posted Image

This last one is not a issue i think, maybe a future area for training _ :P

Posted Image

UPDATES :

Reaper preview : missing descriptive text and wrong French Translation, also weapon pointing dangerously to friendly buddy nearby :

Posted Image

Cammo preview disabled when selecting the "No-cammo option" had to "apply" to see change on mech ( however instant preview work with others cammos), see on the pic bellow, the "no-cammo" is selected and nothing happen, it stills keep the custom one :

Posted Image

Many people complain about it already, but i had to include it too : the new enemy sight is still obstrusive because of it's oppacity and or size, on the pic bellow, i cannot see if there is an enemy or not, and what kind of mech it is :

The text is uneccesary since we have a voiced indication too or way to big something with the size of the teammates names display would be enough, many good suggestion has been written on the forum.

Posted Image

i will update this post if i find others "details".
Also I'm French, i might made lousy grammars, etc.. issues. Sorry about that.

Edited by erathic, January 27 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Posterathic, on January 26 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hello, here's some little things i've saw in Hawken :

Swapping language from french to english will keep the french mechs names translation, and their encoding issues with special characters :

Posted Image

I love the new animation and posing of mechs in garage, however on the Brawler, the character placed near the mech is very close to the weapon, that makes him visually superposing with the weapons from many  angles, it's not a big issue since meshs are not colliding each others, it's only aesthetic :

(as a fix maybe the character can step back a foot or two when a C-class is previewed.)

Posted Image

During the tutorial at the second turn (just before the small bridge) there is a floating 3D mesh of a lamp or something that should be removed :

Posted Image

Also in the same place there is a sort of arch, one side feature a blue wall (things for limiting area limits) wich seems uneccessary and akward looking :

Posted Image

The title and description of this internal is a bit confusing, at first I tough it feature work only on the prestige weapon (when unlocked) also the sentence -10% Special Weapon Fire Rate as I usually associating negatives values to downgrading/bad things, but maybe it's just me ( this one stand for the others internals desc. too) :

Posted Image

Interface waste a lot of space and some akward spacing, I understand that the whole thing is evolving, i hope something as good looking as the mechs will come out, for now it's very blocky, i saw some old UI from previous release it was looking great! Will it be reintroduced (maybe with better readability across resolution_ wich i think why this new one is designed for.)

Also the "close" button placed under the windows would be better on top corner of them to ease the navigation.

(i have made a suggestion, and added some quick studies i made for a "better" (to me) garage UI/UX here)

Wasted space :

Posted Image

Akward menu placing with titles of the window behind been cut, also the padding of the titles should be equal at their top AND left (i.e spacing of Submachine cannon should be the same on the top AND on the left :

Posted Image

This last one is not a issue i think, maybe a future area for training _ :P

Posted Image

i will update this post if i find others "details"
That last part you can actually get to. Otherwise I like those ideas. Some not that important though.
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#3 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes that's why I did not posted that in suggestions or bug repport since they are really minor issues. But still bothering (at least ot me lol.) As a UI/UX designer i'm crying seeing how bad it has been done (for now) especially compared to  how amazing the art direction is.

Edited by erathic, January 26 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

#4 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 26 2013 - 12:41 PM

erathic - you're awesome.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#5 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 01:25 PM

Heh, you should see the Reaper and its gun directly pointed at the guy.  Yeah, if I were him, I'd move away from the barrel opening :ph34r:

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#6 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postnonsiccus, on January 26 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

_lol sorry to ask but, were you drunk_ :lol:

View Postmachmanx, on January 26 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Heh, you should see the Reaper and its gun directly pointed at the guy.  Yeah, if I were him, I'd move away from the barrel opening :ph34r:

Yes i noticed that one later :o , thanks for reporting

- Main post updated -

Posted Image

#7 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 27 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Posterathic, on January 27 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

View Postnonsiccus, on January 26 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

_lol sorry to ask but, were you drunk_ :lol:

I wish! No, I just think that constructive posts like this, with well-laid out explanations (and pictures!) are what this community needs to thrive. It should be encouraged and fostered :)
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 27 2013 - 11:27 AM

This is quite positive feedback from you, erathic. ;)

+1

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#9 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 02:47 PM

Since i can't post more pictures on the main post i'll but them here :

Another floating light here (seen in TDM) don't remember the map name yet, sorry. (This one has already been reported elsewhere.)

Posted Image

This one is not an issue, i really like the attention to details and the Pikachu one made me laugh lol :lol: :

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 01:41 PM

Another floating mesh during the win/loose cut-scene in the lower-left part (here in the center of the screenshot):

Posted Image

Fuel indicator UI is not fading during repair 3rd-person view during the tutorial :

Posted Image

Also to french users who did not read the known bugs thread you live the dream (at least in theory..) Reduced dmg :
French = +4% English (real value_) = +1,5%.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by erathic, February 05 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Screenshot, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users