HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Adjustments to the Progression System

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#41 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 01:05 AM

There have been major considerations put into the tuning "presets" we have done for mechs and I can assure you that there will be more information available soon that will put a lot of the worries at ease.

My examples in the show were very simple and one-sided at best (not always easy talking on the spot) and there is a lot more in-depth reasoning being put into a mechs tuning preset than simply saying "GIVE THEM ALL THE AIR SPEEDZ".

#42 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted January 09 2014 - 01:20 AM

will this patch fix the ping problem__ :unsure:

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#43 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted January 09 2014 - 01:48 AM

I'm really interested to see how this works out. Some nice changes here - I didn't care much for having to pay for each mech rank + ability upgrades, and the extra unlocked mechs haven't been used (other than my extra Grenadier).

I am glad to see the return of the mech test drive too, it was a nice feature.

I liked the tuning point system, so I'm sad to see it go, but it was open to abuse and it threw the balance for some mechs. (My Grenadier can spam all day long, and my heat management has become very sloppy)

Question: If the "mech unlocks" have been removed, will the mechs that we have already unlocked be removed from our garages_
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#44 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted January 09 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostDaPheel, on January 09 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Question: If the "mech unlocks" have been removed, will the mechs that we have already unlocked be removed from our garages_

Nope, those are there to stay.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#45 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted January 09 2014 - 02:06 AM

And I though you would discuss Siege 2.0, the room system, game-changing mechs, moving from AWS to a better platform.

Nope.

Silly DerMax.

The funny part is, people are happy as pigs in mud! It's just a rollback, for Christ's sake!

#46 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted January 09 2014 - 02:20 AM

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on January 09 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

My examples in the show were very simple and one-sided at best (not always easy talking on the spot) and there is a lot more in-depth reasoning being put into a mechs tuning preset than simply saying "GIVE THEM ALL THE AIR SPEEDZ".
Well yeah, I didn't think that would be the case, but I still don't see how some weapons aren't going to be better suited to the preset builds than others will be. Assuming X configuration is the most efficient for one weapon and Y configuration is the best for another, there's no way that one build can simultaneously be the most effective for both options. Some mechs have similar enough weapons that one tuning setup is the best choice all around, but in my opinion, there isn't a single combination that's ideal for all of the weapons available on Raider, Brawler, Vanguard, Infiltrator, or Scout. I honestly don't have enough experience playing Predator to be able to comment much on it, but it seems to me from what limited playtime I have that it has different optimal tuning point allocations for its weapons as well. The only way I see to get around this is to come up with builds that benefit all weapons equally, but that would result in the classes not standing out as much and being more similar to each other than they are now.

#47 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 09 2014 - 02:43 AM

And I though you would discuss Siege 2.0, the room system, game-changing mechs, moving from AWS to a better platform.

Nope.

Silly DerMax.

The funny part is, people are happy as pigs in mud! It's just a rollback, for Christ's sake!

see on changes tuning system, some of the things in it were good, but some were broken (as WL totally changed the balance of weapons, such as the vulcan, all shotguns and Heat, giving them much more DPS, result - destroyed balance <- and it was bad. very bad.)

Removing free mechas - in my opinion it is good. I liked the old system fdrive on a free mech. It really was better when the player could not understand what to buy.
Although for me it's useless because I buy everything! =D

spiral tow, old cockpit, hud, cyan-gamma - where_
i know i ask too much, but i want! =3

It's just a rollback
if ascention rollback to a СВ3 with new mech/maps, and without bugs and crashes - it's my dream. well...

Edited by nepacaka, January 09 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#48 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted January 09 2014 - 02:45 AM

This sounds like a very positive step forward to me. Much better balance all round can't be a bad thing. I hope it all goes smoothly and works as intended.

#49 zaepp

zaepp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGet to da AA!

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:05 AM

Remove vertical progression, bring back MMR_

Just wow.

It's just the trees Johnny, just the trees ... (Unknown pilot after his first TDM on Last Eco)

Adapt or GTFO! (Unknown pilot after Steam FUBAR)

Enlist for competitive FarmVille today!  

#50 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:20 AM

To CJacobs and anyone else worried about the new pricing system being worse than current one, take a look at the current costs:

Current Pricing System
Posted Image

New Pricing System
Posted Image

In the new system you will have an extra 14,048 HC for buying new mechs. Additionally, I'm assuming the new pricing system for mechs is likely to be around the 6k - 10k mark so you will actually have more money in your pocket then currently. With the 3 free mech test drives per week on top of the cheaper overall costs I think you'll find things for the better.

#51 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostDerMax, on January 09 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

It's far from a roll-back.  We're taking a lot of the great things we created for Ascencion in progression and mechs and iterating on them based off of data and community feedback we have received over the course of the BETA.   A roll-back would be silly and honestly not solve any problems we have ultimately fixed, or at least created the path towards fixing.  

Every step is a move forward.  Look forward fellow pilots to a brighter future.

HAWKEN is coming

#52 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostLuminescent, on January 09 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

To CJacobs and anyone else worried about the new pricing system being worse than current one, take a look at the current costs:

Current Pricing System
Posted Image

New Pricing System
Posted Image

In the new system you will have an extra 14,048 HC for buying new mechs. Additionally, I'm assuming the new pricing system for mechs is likely to be around the 6k - 10k mark so you will actually have more money in your pocket then currently. With the 3 free mech test drives per week on top of the cheaper overall costs I think you'll find things for the better.

Nice work, that's actually a very helpful projection to give an idea on how the economy balance is flipping around, while still staying very similar.  In Ascencion, a lot of the mechs price was actually on the inside of the mech as players would unlock mechs free of charge through progression.    

Now, the price for buying a mech will be a little more front-ended, but all of the things (ranks, ability upgrades) will be automatically a part of the front ended purchase.   This is why Test Drives are such a crucial element to the economy as they help A.) Give players a good amount of mechs to play around with before having to purchase anything, and B.) Though it may take a little longer than Ascension time to earn enough HC for a mech, During that time players will get a chance to test SEVERAL mechs through the course of test drives to see which Mech is the right Mech for their next purchase.

But, there has also been a major re-balance to pricing, HC gains, etc.. to make these changes fit.  It's definitely close however to what you're looking at here projection wise, but do not expect prices to remain exactly the same with the move to the new "feb patch".

#53 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:37 AM

[HWK]Vanashinkaku ! I think saturnine is growing a beard :D now you have to reply to all good suggestions as promised !!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted January 09 2014 - 03:49 AM

Posted Image

I like where this is going....

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#55 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted January 09 2014 - 04:20 AM

Need moaaar newzz!

#56 Phob1a

Phob1a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 04:33 AM

So what happens to all the HC I've spent in mech unlocks and mech ranks_

#57 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted January 09 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostPhob1a, on January 09 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

So what happens to all the HC I've spent in mech unlocks and mech ranks_

I guess that, as the mech will still have it's unlocks and rank, you won't get refunded the credits, but you won't have to spend them on any new mechs either.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#58 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 09 2014 - 04:54 AM

Posted Image

#59 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted January 09 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on January 09 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

[HWK]Vanashinkaku ! I think saturnine is growing a beard :D now you have to reply to all good suggestions as promised !!!!

Posted Image

PREPARE YOUR IDEAS GENTLEMEN!
I`ll fix it later.

#60 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'm eager with anticipation for these balancing updates!

I got so frustrated last night lol, one game my team would crush the opposing team, the next game my team would get crushed, there weren't many close games and if these updates can improve any of that, I can't wait!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users