HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Critique Thread! Post your gameplay videos for review and constructive commentary!

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 09:24 PM

Got some footage from a stream I recently did but the gameplay is terrible, and the language is nsfw :D

#42 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted January 17 2014 - 10:35 PM

If it wasn't for me being a moron when it comes to stuff on the PC I would lovely post a video of me and the manslaughter I often cause in my CR-T.
I`ll fix it later.

#43 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted January 18 2014 - 12:24 AM

Alrighty, I get lazy sometimes but I played another match and tried to keep in mind the things you said, especially about movement.  I was pretty unhappy with my first video about my lack of aggression and not pushing my advantage.  I feel the things I did wrong in this video were mostly about misreading the situation when I ran in to help a teammate in a fight.  I was especially caught off guard at 6:30 by a second turreted mech.  Your input means a lot to me and I think what you are doing here, to me, might be your biggest contribution yet to the Hawken community.

Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#44 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted January 18 2014 - 01:51 AM

For those of you posting repeat videos, I will get to you in time!  I want to have a chance to review first submissions before I go back and review second or third entries.  Glad to see there's so much initiative from players!  Hopefully you all find my commentary helpful ^_^

View PostShadowGTR, on January 17 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

May I ask what your OS pointer speed is set at (the Windows one)_

My Windows settings are default.  I have a really sensitive mousepad (Steelseries 9HD, hard surface) which picks up my Deathadder 2013 really well.  It's incredibly sensitive and took some getting used to, but I'd never go back tbh.  It's also huge, so I can make long, sweeping movements that circumvent the low sensitivity.  

Regarding accuracy, skim this thread and read some of the detailed comments.  NotKjell and Super_Pickle make some good points.

View Postshosca, on January 17 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Xacius, it would also be nice if you could do something like a slow motion review of your own play as a video too, and maybe stream it_

Part of why I'm doing this is to get my fill of Hawken while I'm taking a break from streaming the game.  I've been playing a lot lately, and the majority of my actions have become automatic.  Ever since the in-house test, it's been hard for me to take the current state of the game seriously.  When I come back, I'll be putting the srsbznis cap on.  

I also aim to start providing detailed commentary during gameplay.  This thread is a precursor to that, but will also serve as a source of information where players can ask for help if they need it.

Edited by Xacius, January 18 2014 - 02:16 AM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#45 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 02:15 AM

Reserved for commentary.

View Postnepacaka, on January 17 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Quality is bad :C
i can do this maximum only in 240p
Origin. Brawler. part 1
Spoiler
It was hard! play with 160 ping and 20-30 FPS,

I'm just impressed that you managed to get Hawken running on a commodore 64.  It's hard for me to get an idea for your skillset, given the low fps and high ping.  I'll see what I can do.  

Kenpos Bruiser
Spoiler

DerMax's Infiltrator
Note: I really enjoyed watching this segment.  If anyone is interested in learning how to play EOC Infiltrator, watch this video and note the commentary.
Spoiler

Edited by Xacius, January 18 2014 - 06:47 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#46 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 18 2014 - 03:40 AM

I'm just impressed that you managed to get Hawken running on a commodore 64.
No, i play on my 16bit Sega
XD

#47 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted January 18 2014 - 04:54 AM

View Postnepacaka, on January 17 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Xacius, I have brought you a little bit =Ъ
It was hard! play with 160 ping and 20-30 FPS, but i try. I was able to create only 3:40 minute videos, because have little problems.
And I wanted to record the first video with SA Hawkins, but with a large ping and a small FPS I just could not get in anybody, it was a pitiful sight... =D, I took the penultimate place XD. I try somthing else, maybe later i can do this!

Quality is bad :C
i can do this maximum only in 240p

Origin. Brawler. part 1
Spoiler
Origin. Brawler. part 2
Spoiler
i press F12 and die in end, change team, and lose with 2 frag =

Frontline. Brawler.
Spoiler
press F12 and die in end of video, change team, and lose with 1 frag =Ъ. pity...but we play 5vs6 =D

Wreckage. Brawler.
Spoiler

At the Facility, I could not hit in anybody with Flak and I had to switch to roketeer =(
Spoiler

I also have an sound-driver error, I removed the hiss and added some music.
On what kind of rock are you playing Hawken again_ I find it sad that you got to change the quality to the extreme to make it work.

Edited by Aregon, January 18 2014 - 04:56 AM.

I`ll fix it later.

#48 Kenpos

Kenpos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted January 18 2014 - 05:12 AM

Thank you Xacius, I'll try to follow your advices.

#49 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted January 18 2014 - 03:43 PM

I was planning on recording some gameplay to be reviewed as well.  Should I edit out the boring point A to point B parts or include a whole game_
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#50 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 03:53 PM

View Postecaflip, on January 18 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I was planning on recording some gameplay to be reviewed as well.  Should I edit out the boring point A to point B parts or include a whole game_

If you can take the time to edit out the boring bits, that would make my job a lot easier.  Do whatever you feel like.

#51 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted January 18 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostXacius, on January 18 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

View Postecaflip, on January 18 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

If you can take the time to edit out the boring bits, that would make my job a lot easier.  Do whatever you feel like.

Sorry, my editing software doesn't want to cooperate with me today...  had it freeze up on me roughly 8 times trying to edit it... I give up.

And another one in a different map

Edited by ecaflip, January 19 2014 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#52 Romulous

Romulous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 05:44 PM

This is a great thread! Can't wait until I have some time to sit and watch some vids here.

#53 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted January 18 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostXacius, on January 18 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

DerMax's Infiltrator
Note: I really enjoyed watching this segment.  If anyone is interested in learning how to play EOC Infiltrator, watch this video and note the commentary.
Spoiler

This footage and commentary was really helpful actually. I've been struggling to learn EOC Infil for the past 2-3 days and there is are definitely things I can take away from this.  

I'll try to get some gameplay up sometime for you Xacius.  It's a wonderful thing you're doing, hope you can do this even after you start playing/streaming again.

Edited by Silverfire, January 18 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#54 djhobie

djhobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 10:49 PM

[media][media]]

I should make a new video since i've improved a bit but working 12 hours shifts 3 days in a row and not trying to do terribly playing all tired and sore. at the time of this recording I didn't take advantage of the forward dash after side-dodges and need to stand still less  (like none). any other tips would be greatly appreciated. :D

Edited by djhobie, January 18 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#55 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted January 18 2014 - 11:29 PM

Here's a round of deathmatch.  If you have the time to take a look, I would welcome some feedback...
*edit: fixed that stupid youtube stabilization fuzzy bunny...

Edited by _incitatus, January 19 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#56 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 18 2014 - 11:50 PM

I know I already put some video (I'll wait in line for the result =Ъ). But I finally managed to slightly increase my FPS, at least on UpTown =D
Primarily I'm interested only Brawler with SA Hawkins. because I used to always play on it, and had a 1.9 coefficient damage and 2100 rating. After all patches and updates, I just 0.8-0.9 coefficient and damage rating dropped to 1700-1800 (q_q)
I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong.

bazaar - a devastating defeat video
Spoiler

losteco, siege. i very rare use turrer mode, but i try use in this game, video is not particularly interesting, but I'm interested in the moment at the end of the video. Q: "Could I survive in last fight_ And how would I need to do_"
Spoiler

frontline. just one of the game. dies on jumper location.
Spoiler
added default youtube music, without sound it was so bored =Ъ

Uptown. This video does not need to comment, just for fun. Simply it is the only one video, which recorded for 10 minutes and without lags and errors =D. Unfortunately, Opponents is clearly weaker.
Spoiler

I want to get my brawler-power back... (q_q)

Edited by nepacaka, January 19 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#57 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 01:28 AM

View PostDaronicus, on January 17 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Just to give you a little nugget of immediate feedback while you wait for some more in-depth stuff from Xacius (I know this is his thread and all, but hopefully you and he don't mind--if either of you do, I'll shut up)

No worries man.  Any advice is appreciated.

#58 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted January 19 2014 - 02:17 AM

Thanks, Xacius! I really tend to be impatient with my EOC when in a pinch. I just sprinkle it in the general direction of the enemy hoping that it hits him somehow. Gotta work on that :P

Edited by DerMax, January 19 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#59 Paschar

Paschar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostDerMax, on January 19 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Thanks, Xacius! I really tend to be impatient with my EOC when in a pinch. I just sprinkle it in the general direction of the enemy hoping that it hits him somehow. Gotta work on that :P

After seeing what you do, I really liked the idea of laying some pucks behind you, using it like a turret to warn you that someone is sneaking up on ya.

#60 evilMonkeyKING

evilMonkeyKING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 07:02 PM

good thread

Edited by evilMonkeyKING, January 21 2014 - 01:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users