HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Congratualtions on making Hawken unplayable.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#1 SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted February 06 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'll make this very simple, and constructive ( seeing as the devs have realised how much most people hate the new changes and are locking threads left, right & centre to silence any criticism ):

Health is far too low on all mechs. I can use a Technician to kill a C class mech in ~2 seconds. Any A class mech that so much as looks at a B or C class blows up in less than 2 seconds ( I think 0.5 secs was my quickest death, by only 2 mechs, not a whole team ). Health levels were perfectly fine before this latest patch, for the love of Science please undo this disastrous change- the number of people complaining should be all the evidence you need; this is not a case of 'it'll take time to adjust', this is just plain terrible planning to try and 'balance' and speed up game play, which brings me onto the next issue...

Speed of the mechs is now too slow. People were complaining before the patch that game play often felt sluggish and laborious, so for some reason the devs made all the mechs even slower_ What ever happened to listening to our concerns_

No more countermeasures. Why_ Hardly anyone plays Team bot destruction by all accounts ( certainly only as a clan since a public match just becomes a farce most times ) so limiting countermeasure to one game mode is totally puzzling...

No more timer between deployables, just limited uses per life. Why_ What was the thinking behind this terrible idea_ To make it worse, we have to wait 3-5 seconds in order to deploy different items ( I can understand not wanting people to fire 3 Detonators at once, that's just common sense given how low health is now ). Give us back the timer please- i find myself simply running out of items which makes it very hard to play the way I normally do.

2 second delay before you can start absorbing health orbs. Again, why_ Given how low health is now, it is imperative that players can heal themselves quickly- if it takes 2 seconds to begin healing from a deployed orb, it renders the orb useless in many tense situations. There should be no delay at all surely.

I simply cannot fathom the though process of the developers most of the time- if they truly cared about attracting players and retaining them, they would actually listen and act on serious issues which many of the community are clearly not happy with. Locking threads and sticking their fingers in their ears is not how to deal with negative feedback- whether it's eloquently constructed or not. Stop ruining this game and turning it into a twitch FPS- reverse these changes before it's too late and give us back the half decent mech simulator it used to be.

#2 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted February 06 2014 - 03:54 PM

Are we playing the same game_

I thought this WAS a FPS! As far as I know, it's never been a simulator. I think you are getting confused with the slow and boring Mechwarrior Online.

Edited by SandSpider, February 06 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#3 SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSandSpider, on February 06 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I thought this WAS a FPS! As far as I know, it's never been a simulator. I think you are getting confused with the slow and boring Mechwarrior Online.

It is an FPS, yes, but it should not be treated and molded into some poor attempt at a COD or BattleField ( with mechs ) clone. Mechs should not be so easy to gun down in less than 2 seconds, with only 2-3 shots. It should be true to what it was, an FPS with giant stompy robots which take effort to kill, not just another twitch game for people who have the advantage of a lower ping.

I missed something earlier too:

Campers. Prior to the patch, camping was a highly ineffective way to kill other players as they could simply fall back behind cover or circle around and kill the camper from behind. Now, campers are rewarded with easy kills as it takes so few shots to down other mechs, with little chance of being able to hide behind cover when the campers can place the other team in a cross fire. Some might call this good tactics, but it punishes players for being on-point ( the AA... ) and rewards people who hang back in order to preserve their precious kill/death ratio.

Edited by SuicideNeil, February 06 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#4 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:10 PM

2 second delay before you can start absorbing health orbs. Again, why_
two words - tank scout

planning what are you doing advance. no one bothers you throw the orb early, something to then go back and lure the enemy into ypur trap

No more countermeasures. Why_
because each mech have a free "Assault ability"

Stop ruining this game and turning it into a twitch FPS- reverse these changes before it's too late and give us back the half decent mech simulator it used to be.
this game was ruined with ascention. now it's just back to normal

Edited by nepacaka, February 06 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#5 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostSuicideNeil, on February 06 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I simply cannot fathom the though process of the developers most of the time- if they truly cared about attracting players and retaining them, they would actually listen and act on serious issues which many of the community are clearly not happy with.

When the devs listened to the casual base of the community, we got ascension. When they listed to the high tier players we got this patch.

I choose this one over ascension any day, I'm still trying to get the ascension off of me but I ran out of metal brushes.

Edited by Sylhiri, February 06 2014 - 04:47 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#6 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:14 PM

I never thought a patch could put SuicideNiel and me on the same page.
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#7 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:15 PM

Out of everything you listed, I fail to see a single issue. In fact everything you listed (expect for you think mechs are "slower" considering that they increased the speed) I would say improved the game.

Maybe I would like to see 100 health point increase across the board, but I would say this health is perfect and helped balance out a few of the troublesome classes. especially the A classes.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 06 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#8 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:28 PM

Lol SuicideNeal, i know how you like to play similar to the way i do. Rush, pressure>pressure>someone clean up. You're gonna have to back it up a bit and make quality decisions. The infil is in a beautiful spot right now too! It's so sneaky! Give it another shot and try less brute force and more tactics!

As far as the health orbs go i think this is not only necessary but better, youre gonna have to drop the orbs sooner or where you think you'll need them. Too many people were just hopping from orb to orb before, mixed with the repair kit/ extractor it was too much. Even now it's still pretty good combination. Tactics homie. Use them.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#9 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:29 PM

When the listened to the casual base of the community, we got ascension.
hard truth
=D

#10 Rentago

Rentago

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCompton, CA

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:59 PM

i kinda wanted mech gameplay, but not that of mech warrior online, that is a disaster mind you.

i liked where this game sat, where you felt like you were in an armored bipedal robot, but you werent invincible, so you had to stay mobile and dodge.

this is now on par with what any sensible person can reason as call of duty or counterstrike. I just hop in my scout, and steam roll everyone, used to just harass people and flank, now i just go right in and get 4 kills, eventually die and repeat. It renders heavy classes useless and without a purpose as far as im concerned this was a fuzzy bunny update, what happened to tuning and tuning points_ Why is light the only way to play now_

Edited by Rentago, February 06 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#11 LordBraxton

LordBraxton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA East

Posted February 06 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostSandSpider, on February 06 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I like the new patch.

That being said, leave MWO alone.

I think MWO's core gameplay takes a lot more planning ahead, like 10-60 seconds ahead depending on mech speed. You have to visualize where you want to be positionedwhat you want to be doing or you die. (you die much more slowly though...) While sometimes more forgiving in the short term (1 second mistake might just leave you a little damaged) you still have to adapt quickly and maintain awareness in a long range 12v12 match with NO RESPAWNS.

HAWKEN, relies more on perfectly planning the next 3-5 seconds and adapting in milliseconds. Like I said I enjoy the new patch, and find that my increased mobility makes up for my armor.

Before you had enough armor to GET OUT of a bad situation.

Now you have enough speed, you have to STAY OUT of bad situations by using it.

#12 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 05:27 PM

Weight based weapon variations and less weapon overlap were the only things old Hawken ever needed.

#13 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 05:36 PM

View Postnepacaka, on February 06 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

because each mech have a free "Assault ability"

What is this "Assault ability" of which you speak_

#14 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 05:36 PM

Stop firing for 3 seconds and your heat pretty much instantly flushes.

#15 FlamingBeaker

FlamingBeaker

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 07:20 PM

I think the new update's WAY lower TTK is detrimental to people with high ping. Also makes it harder for players with lower skill (like me) or newer players to hang back, learn from watching, or play support when everyone dies so quickly. It can be done, and I've done it sucessfully, but it's much harder to sense the flow & ebb of the battle now when everyone gets blown away so fast. A low TTK would be great for deathmatch or a 1 vs 1 duel area where you EXPECT everyone to have top tier skills. Sorry to use the overused phrase, but the game feels too 'twitchy' for me ATM. Maybe alter the TTK per gametype, or on a per server basis (clan play/custom server)_ And to state the obvious, the game needs more players to make matchmaking work properly, and I fear the low TTK will drive them off.

Also please fix the mics - best newbie teaching tool ever, even if occasionally abused.  Lots of "OMG this team stinks", but the occasional 'This is why what you're doing isn't working' lessons are invaluble and help player retention. Deathmatch taunts are also hillarious.

#16 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 07:30 PM

Flanking was possible before, now you have to have 2-3 mechs flanking or for that matter voip to setup traps but while you are setting it up, their whole team is blowing through the other 1/3 to 1/2 of your team. Use lifts to set them up quicker_ Sure, if you want to be instagibbed.

#17 Fpsnoobs

Fpsnoobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 07:30 PM

AH more of the COD screamers

How about you go and actually try COD_ Hum_

Go and try to return fire if someone got behind you and started shooting first
That's what low ttk is

Hawken is like, oh dude behind me, should probably turn/dodge

Stop rushing the entire enemy team and you'll be fine

#18 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostFpsnoobs, on February 06 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

AH more of the COD screamers

How about you go and actually try COD_ Hum_

Go and try to return fire if someone got behind you and started shooting first
That's what low ttk is

Hawken is like, oh dude behind me, should probably turn/dodge

Stop rushing the entire enemy team and you'll be fine

Yeah he was like that, or still is, before.

Now tell me, because it is very interesting. With the new changes can you 100% say that you have enough hp left to even question turn/dodge/locate where the damage is coming from_ it could be coming from acossed the map or from the corner you just walked past.

#19 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted February 06 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostTheEliteSlayer, on February 06 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

it could be coming from acossed the map or from the corner you just walked past.

Good thing there's a radar!

#20 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted February 06 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostSuicideNeil, on February 06 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I can use a Technician to kill a C class mech in ~2 seconds. Any A class mech that so much as looks at a B or C class blows up in less than 2 seconds

use a Technician to kill a C class mech in ~2 seconds

Any A class mech ... less than 2 seconds

Posted Image

You invalidated the entire thread, in the first paragraph.  Well played, superior troll 8/10.

A week ago you were telling them to roll back Ascension to Raider patch, now it's roll back to Ascension.

Here's a picture I made for you:

Posted Image

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY!! WE NEED TO GO BACK!!!

Epic SuicideNeil roll back thread, check, all we need now is a "Scout is broken" thread, and we have the trifecta.

Edited by burns1124, February 06 2014 - 09:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users