HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TAW.net Hawken Amateur Tournament (Total Prizes around $300)

Event Contest Award Announcement Community Clan Game

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted March 14 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on March 14 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

View PostXacius, on March 14 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

View PostKer4u, on March 14 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

View PostXacius, on March 13 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

After much speculation and discussion, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. Hosting a competitive event with restrictions based on participation in another competitive event only serves to divide the competitive playerbase.  
2. An MMR restriction is more than enough if you wish to limit participation to new/more casual players.  
3. Gumby789, you seem to hold the notion that TPG only includes competitively-driven players.  This is not the case.  The TPG league welcomes teams from all levels of play.  I suggest that you change the ruleset so as to promote both forms of competitive play.
Dividing  players in to leagues/ranks/divisions is a very common thing.
And for a game whose competitive playerbase is already small, I find it unnecessary.
I don't see a problem with it at all
the so-call 'best' players have in the past excluded lower skill players from their events because it interferes with their jimmies, to my eye this is just the other side of the same coin
...and still some of the 'higher' skill players attempt to deconstruct these efforts by citing 'unnecessary segregation'

live and let live

I'm not arguing against the MMR restrictions - I think they're great.  But excluding based on participation in an outside form of competitive play_  Seemed silly imo.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#62 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted March 14 2014 - 04:54 AM

Seriously you guys have to be joking. We get enough people to make  tourney(s) and all some of you have to say is insults and get angry because they want to separate the two tourneys to spread the wealth around..... Some of you are very disappointing-very disappointing indeed. My god how things change..............
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#63 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostXacius, on March 14 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

I'm not arguing against the MMR restrictions - I think they're great.
fine, then that's all that needs to happen
let the games begin
(and let one fuzzy bunny of a smurf ruin it for everyone)

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#64 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 14 2014 - 06:50 AM

I see that some TPG supporters are still complaining.
So that's how we're going to play it_ We're going to keep talking and complaining about an issue that was resolved over 12 hours ago_
GG Hawken community. Way to go.

Because it's totally not a destructive thing to act in a manner that'll put new players off from the comp scene because all they see is bickering and infighting of the comp community. /sarc

You need to let this unintentional slight go already. The issue has been resolved.

Hawken is averaging only about 2000 players, which is not even a great population as a casual f2p game, nevermind one big enough to support comp play. Get this straight, Hawken has a very, very slim chance to succeed at becoming anything resembling a competitive title, and when you act like this, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Christ, I don't even care if Hawken succeeds as a competitive title and the spiteful little voice in my head tells me "let it fail", so God only knows why I'm trying to help you.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#65 Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:08 AM

To think all I ever wanted was a comp scene and the moment we get signs of it taking off (To some degree) all hell breaks loose.

What are my thoughts_
Meh I would have thought it would have made sense to unite everything under one league and then split the league into different ranks if any splitting needed to be done that is. That way no one is excluded based on rank and skill. But hey TAW have always had a thing for putting noobs 1st (And no that's not a call out in any way its more a statement of fact)

Here's another question. Who is left in this community that has actually been in a Hawken clan match_ I know I have been in a few xD Anyone else or am I alone_

Posted Image

Member Of Critical Assist

Member Of The EMP Show

View PostAregon, on May 19 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

And we all know that if Pure first dislikes anything nothing will change that.

#66 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostPure_Amazing, on March 14 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

Here's another question. Who is left in this community that has actually been in a Hawken clan match_ I know I have been in a few xD Anyone else or am I alone_

Most tpg teams scrim several times a week.

Posted Image

#67 Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on March 14 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Sorry I'm slightly out of touch since I'm EU and TPG is currently US only.

Posted Image

Member Of Critical Assist

Member Of The EMP Show

View PostAregon, on May 19 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

And we all know that if Pure first dislikes anything nothing will change that.

#68 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostPure_Amazing, on March 14 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on March 14 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Sorry I'm slightly out of touch since I'm EU and TPG is currently US only.

Oh no harm done. I was just answering the question. lol

Posted Image

#69 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:08 AM

Amateur players (like me) will never appreciate immortal players to come around and take everyone's head off !!!!

SO MMR RESTRICTIONS DO MAKE SENSE !

Posted Image

#70 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 14 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

I see that some TPG supporters are still complaining.
So that's how we're going to play it_ We're going to keep talking and complaining about an issue that was resolved over 12 hours ago_
GG Hawken community. Way to go.

Because it's totally not a destructive thing to act in a manner that'll put new players off from the comp scene because all they see is bickering and infighting of the comp community. /sarc

You need to let this unintentional slight go already. The issue has been resolved.

Hawken is averaging only about 2000 players, which is not even a great population as a casual f2p game, nevermind one big enough to support comp play. Get this straight, Hawken has a very, very slim chance to succeed at becoming anything resembling a competitive title, and when you act like this, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Christ, I don't even care if Hawken succeeds as a competitive title and the spiteful little voice in my head tells me "let it fail", so God only knows why I'm trying to help you.

OUTDATED ... UH ...

Posted Image

#71 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:19 AM

Seriously what is wrong with this community. You still have people who are bringing it up and on top of that some are even defending the hostilities that took place. 'Idiot' wasn't the only thing said or directed at myself or fellow TAW members. TAW members were being trolled and harassed in the IRC and profuse language and remarks were being sent via PM to TAW members. Not to mention the team registration form where someone registered multiple teams to hurl insult with one of those team member names reading "really go f*** yourself gumby"

I'm astonished that any and all events for Hawken are the responsibility of this community, yet their was and is all this harsh negativity. I stated that my intent was not to 'bash' TPG and was to emphasize that my event was set for a specific targeted audience. Some people took it way out of context like this small two week event would magically crumble league, believing I set out deliberately to make it fail (this event has been in planning since late summer when it was scheduled for autumn and than cancelled due to party system changes).

So please do the entire community a favour the next time you don't agree with something, don't act childish and tear down an event, it makes you and the entire Hawken community look like idiots. Instead come back and host an event based on how you think it should be done.

Edited by Gumby789, March 14 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#72 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostGumby789, on March 14 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

TAW members were being trolled and harassed in the IRC

What_ When did this happen_ Can you please PM me the details so we can talk about it and resolve the issue_
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#73 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:52 AM

So who's looking for a terrible team member_ I want to give this tournament monkey business a go.

#74 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 14 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Posth0B0, on March 13 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

I support this endeavor even tho i believe it is a bit restrictive and exclusive.

Are you guys looking for some casters_
i really hope this homeless h0B0 gets the casting gig!

- lok'tar ogar -

#75 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted March 14 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostKer4u, on March 14 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Posth0B0, on March 13 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

I support this endeavor even tho i believe it is a bit restrictive and exclusive.

Are you guys looking for some casters_
i really hope this homeless h0B0 gets the casting gig!

Its in the works. I've contacted the appropriate people and can only hope that the misinterpretations of some of my post haven't warranted me the status of untrustworthy by the authorities.

I've also informed my co-caster of the event.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#76 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:12 PM

Let's move on from the negativity.  

What is a Caster_  Is it the same as a color commentator or announcer/play-by-play_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#77 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:13 PM

Any chance this thread can just be remade without all the QQ and trouble stirring_

The issues discussed through the first 4 pages have been remedied and honestly it reflects badly on the community.
Posted Image

#78 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostLordTemujin, on March 14 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Any chance this thread can just be remade without all the QQ and trouble stirring_

The issues discussed through the first 4 pages have been remedied and honestly it reflects badly on the community.

Is Zamboni still on European time_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#79 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:17 PM

he is online now :P

Just posted about the Dev gaming.
Posted Image

#80 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:21 PM

The first time I saw this thread was this morning at 6:30 am, after reading, I put in my $0.02 as a member of the community, and someone who considers crafty a friend.  I would like to point out that, I have not, nor will be in TPG, and, just so certain folks don't get the wrong idea, I'm not the card carrying member of bsb I once was either.

Seeing as how the OP was created last night at 1am, the first chance I would have had to put in my opinion was this morning. If it's now illegal to post your opinion on a general discussion forum then take me off to forum jail.

I'm not surprised that certain things were done, though I find the way they were done deplorable, but this is the internet, you should expect troll to fuzzy bunny in your cornflakes at any opportunity.

Good luck, hobos a great caster, I'm sure you'll enjoy his commentary.

Edited by burns1124, March 14 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event, Contest, Award, Announcement, Community, Clan, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users