HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community, let's make the Predator better

Community Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#61 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostOdinous, on March 31 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

is that he is NOT useless,people just don know how to use it.

Feel free to enlighten us.

#62 iPiv

iPiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 12:49 AM

I know is useless to put ideas in this post, but I think that for the actual way to play Predator a good bonus to give chance to balance a combat could be a damage bonus when in stealth mode. Like rogues in standard D&D games. For example a 5x modifier to the hit when you are in stealth. This don't change the rest of combat, but give a good reason to use predator without change the standard stealth mechanism.

#63 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:38 AM

Ok after much dueling with Hrono and Dermax the other day, I think I know now what needs to be changed on predator to make predator better as the Topic Discusses. Firstly the

Puck:
projectile speed needs to be trippled or travel time reduced significantly. At the moment it is way to slow, and will not hit the target in front (or in air) unless it is in cqc because of the low distance. The puck imo needs to be nearly on par with the charged breacher's speed. I said almost on par not exactly the same, but it definately needs a boost in this area.

I think also that maybe the puck would need a reload tweating. 0.5 per puck is quite slow, this is what is making trap making difficult in most circumstances. I think this should definately be addressed and maybe reduced it to 0.25 etc.

Breacher:
nothing majorly needs to be done to this weapon, damage seems ok. But the reload needs to be looked into for sure, atm it's reload speed is a full 2 seconds which I don't mind. But perhaps, the reload could be reduced to the speed of how quick it takes to do that double shot from charged breacher to flak_ Or even a slight reload reduction, say 1.8 per round_

HP: health is on the low side of B mech's but so is the sharpshooter's 470 so... maybe health is alright, but against players who know how to send tow's into your face, any amount would seem small lol. I think health on predator in general seems fine.

Ability: I deeply feel that stealth should only be deactivated after taking X amount of damage. Because the part in the mech that provides this ability should be damaged or broken for it to fail, and I think amount damage taken should trigger that. The visual awareness is by far the predator's most vital tool in combat battling. The fact that "you can still see a stealthed predator" does not present a balance issue imo.

The stat alterations are not as important as the ones listed above.

Stats: one stat I would like to see buff is definately the

Fuel tank. As I use air compressor on my predator now, without it I'am unable to do some shots I would with it, so therefore it becomes paramount I use it. So I need more fuel. Say 110 L.

Boost speed: should be 33m

Ground speed: should definately be 19 like the raiders.

Air speed should be 17m in my opinion, it should be able to keep up with the assault mech in the air.

Radar: who would need more radar if I'm using the stealth mode, reduce it or buff it, I don't see much difference with this stat, even having 110m is still good.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 01 2014 - 02:46 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#64 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 01 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm just going to leave this here:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 01 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Predator overall is a good concept, however the skill level to even use the Pred might be too high to use for too many Predator pilots.  Heck, Predator was my first prestige mech and I've spent countless hours in trying to make it work right and I still feel I fuzzy bunny up too much with it. Even if I do a good job (using a mix of traps, ambush, defenese), I usually rank near the bottom due to the awkward synergy of the weapons, long reload time, speed of the projectiles, slow speed of Predator overall.

Ways to help the Pred:
  • Increase speed of boosting/walking - So Pred can actually do his job right since boosting makes his ability useless
  • Shorten the reload times for EOC-P and Breacher - So you won't be killed due to having slow weapons and help your team more.
  • Increase the projectile speed of EOC-P - To effectively lay traps due to the fact that the mechs are significantly faster.
  • Have x amount of damage make Predator appear OR when under cloak, increase damage of his weapons - So Predator's job is more clear to people, and it will make the ability more useful.

I really believe that Predator needs a buff.  I find it rather disheartening that other mechs can do Predator's jobs better than it can.  I believe these changes will make Predator good at what it's supposed to do.

#65 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 01 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

Ok after much dueling with Hrono and Dermax the other day, I think I know now what needs to be changed on predator to make predator better as the Topic Discusses. Firstly the

Puck:
projectile speed needs to be trippled or travel time reduced significantly. At the moment it is way to slow, and will not hit the target in front (or in air) unless it is in cqc because of the low distance. The puck imo needs to be nearly on par with the charged breacher's speed. I said almost on par not exactly the same, but it definately needs a boost in this area.

I think also that maybe the puck would need a reload tweating. 0.5 per puck is quite slow, this is what is making trap making difficult in most circumstances. I think this should definately be addressed and maybe reduced it to 0.25 etc.

Breacher:
nothing majorly needs to be done to this weapon, damage seems ok. But the reload needs to be looked into for sure, atm it's reload speed is a full 2 seconds which I don't mind. But perhaps, the reload could be reduced to the speed of how quick it takes to do that double shot from charged breacher to flak_ Or even a slight reload reduction, say 1.8 per round_

HP: health is on the low side of B mech's but so is the sharpshooter's 470 so... maybe health is alright, but against players who know how to send tow's into your face, any amount would seem small lol. I think health on predator in general seems fine.

Ability: I deeply feel that stealth should only be deactivated after taking X amount of damage. Because the part in the mech that provides this ability should be damaged or broken for it to fail, and I think amount damage taken should trigger that. The visual awareness is by far the predator's most vital tool in combat battling. The fact that "you can still see a stealthed predator" does not present a balance issue imo.

Thanks Light Angel.

I was thinking along the same lines of the EOC-P change. The speed is so painfully slow and the reload is horrendous. If the speed and reload of the pucks were say doubled / halved respectively, this would be a great weapon that you could actually use on the go. It'd still be weak in a duel setting, but lawd it'd make setting traps easier, I like it!

Breacher:
It could use a bit of a reload buff yeah, but what do you think about adding a sort of debuff to it_ Like if you hit someone with a charged breacher shot, reduce their speed / reveal them on map_ Could provide a little extra way of getting some points.

HP:
Meh, I'm fine with a being weak HP wise.

Ability:
For something like that I'd just like to test it lol. Might be cool, might be over powered.

Also, what do you think about the heat_ If you were to reduce the reload speed of both weapons, I can see heat being a really big issue for a lot of players.

#66 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, heatsink would then need to be slightly improved to compensate for the ROF increases.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#67 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 01 2014 - 10:11 AM

A debuff would be really cool.  I'd just hate it if it was op though.

#68 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hey guys I just got a scoop on a new weapon the Devs have been woking on, they say they have it tuned in just right, to not be OP, they say it fits with the rest of the Preadtor Weapons.

Spoiler

#69 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:21 PM

Agree w/ Lightangel's post/ideas but perhaps not so drastic a difference; It'd be nice if the pucks flew at speed of charged breecher but that may make it op considering that you can still detonate the puck and people could walk over them!  

If this were to happen then I'd favor the pucks doing full damage for direct hits or detonation, but only half damage if someone happens to walk across the mines.  This way you're not rewarded for missing a shot.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#70 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 01 2014 - 09:12 PM

I just think the predator needs to be able to surprise people much better. Like give it a damage boost while stalker mode is activated and have the boost end a second after you shoot or the instant you take damage. A surprise attack critical I suppose. I really think that a dual EOC predator should be able to one-shot a reaper with a full volley of pucks and a mine while coming out of stealth. That's just me, though. Other than that, I still manage to have a lot of evil fun with this mech. So much SOOPRIZE BUTT SECKS!
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#71 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 12:35 AM

I think that idea is really bad. You'd be able to do 150+ on a scout on the first hit while stealth_ No way too OP imo. I already get people shouting OP when I do it normally.

#72 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:42 AM

The thing I am finding that is the reason for lower scores rather than say another type of mech pilot with a similar skill is the lack of power " or whatever it is " to finish off the kill, sometimes I may get double and triple kills, but the thing is 8 out of 10 dead enemy mechs are Assists, even if I was the one that put most of the damage in to begin with, someone always finishes them off with a couple of shots after I have pumped 20 into them.

The Technician seems to get huge points for healing " not saying they should not get points, they are a great help ", yet the Predator seems to not be able to finish the kill a lot, but can drastically alter a games outcome when they lay fire down on a group of enemy mechs at an AA area, we should either get some kind of points system for helping like a Tech " defense bonus for Preds ", or slightly more bang in our explosives, I don't know what is wrong but it does need something to level the playing field.

I just played a Team Death match, on my side there was my Pred, and 2 Sharpshooters " pretty sure they were new to the game ", for the first half of the match, I got 3 lots of double kills and about 4 other kills while the other two guys got 2. After the first half some more people joined and I got around another 4 Kills, when the match finished I came second and a guy with a Raider on my side who I did not even see who joined after the first half, with his deadly CORSAIR that takes chunks out of armor was on top.

==========================================

This was an amazing match today, and even though the Technician done a great job, I can guarantee, he did not get any where near as many kills or assists as I did. 26/7/39
Posted Image

#73 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:07 AM

View PostHellrazer_001, on April 02 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

and a guy with a Raider on my side who I did not even see who joined after the first half, with his deadly CORSAIR that takes chunks out of armor was on top.

You said it. The problem is weapons. Nobody is afraid of dueling a Predator because once out of cloak, what is left is a low HP mech with poor weapons.

#74 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:56 AM

the mistake people make when using the pred is a simple one they treat it like a combat mech, its not   it exists as the anti-tech, the delivery vehicle for massive trolling of anyone stupid enough to be on low HP an not backed up by 3 of his mates.   my point is ignore the big furball going on and wait for someone to retreat on low hp then make him your fuzzy bunny, light mechs are easy pray on there own. the pred is a thinking mans mech, if you can read the battlefield and are reasonably cunning you can dominate fools, if however you are short on creativity or enjoy licking windows avoid this mech, its not for you.     the only buff the pred needs is maybe a charge function on the EOC mines like the EOC-R has.

#75 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostMadman01, on April 02 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

the mistake people make when using the pred is a simple one they treat it like a combat mech, its not   it exists as the anti-tech, the delivery vehicle for massive trolling of anyone stupid enough to be on low HP an not backed up by 3 of his mates.   my point is ignore the big furball going on and wait for someone to retreat on low hp then make him your fuzzy bunny, light mechs are easy pray on there own. the pred is a thinking mans mech, if you can read the battlefield and are reasonably cunning you can dominate fools, if however you are short on creativity or enjoy licking windows avoid this mech, its not for you. the only buff the pred needs is maybe a charge function on the EOC mines like the EOC-R has.

Only if you want to make 2 kills per match, and be no help to your team or your score.

Have a look at my Image above 26/7/39  +3 Dominates, you wont get that lurking in the background picking off wounded mechs.

Edited by Hellrazer_001, April 02 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#76 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 12:06 PM

I never mentioned lurking in the background, just behind a wall for a few second whilst recharging cloak and setting a few mines maybe but never idle

#77 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:26 PM

the pred is a thinking mans mech

Every time this is said on the forums, a preds minefield is blown up by a random TOW because his ally was dancing on it.

And sitting behind enemy lines and picking off someone who goes to repair is not 'dominating'. If they had half a brain they would see that the other team has a Predator and stay by their allies. Also by sitting behind the enemy lines you are also depriving your team of a member that could be helping them win the ACTUAL fight.

#78 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 10:06 PM

Also I noticed something today while I was playing the Predator. I'm actually surprised I didn't notice it before.

Under the EOC-P it says as one of its strengths:
-Fast Firing Rate

I was just laughing to myself. I mean really. Fast firing compared to what_ Do they say it's fast firing because it is 'full auto'_ Or is it fast firing compared to the breacher_ I don't know, gave me a good laugh though :lol:

#79 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 12:28 AM

Yeah it is idiotic. It needs speed on that weapon, real firing speed in both ways ROF and PS.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 03 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#80 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 02 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Every time this is said on the forums, a preds minefield is blown up by a random TOW because his ally was dancing on it.

And sitting behind enemy lines and picking off someone who goes to repair is not 'dominating'. If they had half a brain they would see that the other team has a Predator and stay by their allies. Also by sitting behind the enemy lines you are also depriving your team of a member that could be helping them win the ACTUAL fight.

if your mine fields are being detonated by TOWs you are doing it wrong, there are so many areas where mines can be placed where they are unlikly to be detonated, just apply some creativity, i find just around a corner works well but ceelings work better (people dont look up)

as for the rest of your post, just no, nope and nuh-uh, you assume because i am behind the enermy finishing off all the injured mechs that im not contributing to the main battle, WRONG! when i have more time i will explain untill then go practice being a sneeky bugger and get back to me when you know what your doing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users