- - - - - mechs weapons

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Faker1089

Faker1089

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

First couple days of playing after Adhesive Games took over and now the mech I spent a lot of time playing as (in 2012/2013) is almost useless for what it was intended for. Mech description: "Nicknamed "The Ripper" by friend and foe alike, this mobile assassin utilizes a mid-range sniper rifle to tear through unsuspecting enemies from the safety of the shadows." Of all the maps there are 2 where I can sit in the back and not get blindsided from 3 directions after I start shooting which means I need to start dodging around, got it. Problem is the KE-Sabot shoots far too slowly and does almost no damage for that kind of playstyle. The other two Primary weapons also don't do anything to help unless the target is almost dead or focused on someone else (which almost never happens because a Reaper is a weaker mech)

My suggestions to fix this:

KE-Sabot:

-Keep the fire rate but buff the damage (as in destroys light mechs in 3-4 rounds not 5-6)

-or-

-Keep the damage but increase the fire rate

Reaper:

-Increase Armor

-or-

-Allow a different Primary weapon other than the AM-SAR/Hawkins RPR (Haven't tried the Slug Rifle, but I probably won't use it because of the low fire rate)

Future Maps:

Allow a greater area to be seen from high places (sort of required for long range shooting)

I always figured the Reaper to be a glass cannon, but it seems like it's a glass vase in an actual fight. I do like the many changes that have happened over the last few years (I took a 2 year break) just not this one.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Reaper seems to be in a good place to me
  • wolfrock likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Reaper seems to be in a good place to me

I thought there were claims it was somewhat underpowered?

• XPloyt likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The mech is fine, the guns are fine, the ability is useless.

• Nightfirebolt, DeeRax and o0m9 like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
(Haven't tried the Slug Rifle)

There you go.

• Kuroken likes this

Amish_Kommander

Amish_Kommander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

the Reaper is an assassin and you can choose to play it as one or not. you have the mobility with close-mid-long range combat. there are diff playstyles to choose from for the Reaper. get up and close with the Hawkins RPR or for more sustained dmg use the AMS-AR. you can also be an annoying pest and poke from afar with the Slug. you dont need to buff the dmg or reduce reload time, thats just making it even stronger than it already is. ya if you go up against a SS then youll prob die unless youre skilled with the Reaper. but thats the risk you take when going against a B. As have mobility with low health, Bs have about an average of both, and Cs have more health with slow mobility. the mechs were designed the way they are for a reason, and although the customiziation is limited, there are still many ways to have the advantage in fights, both team and individual ones.

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Use the scope for a free 25% damage buff to the KE-Sabot. I think the KE-Sabot could benefit from a slight damage increase, however the KE-Sabot already has one of the fastest rates of fire for a secondary weapon. The primary weapons are fine (maybe a small change to AM-SAR) and the mech's stats are fine though.

Edited by brackets, 24 May 2015 - 07:28 PM.

Faker1089

Faker1089

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would've replied sooner, but "1 post per day" limit. 

There you go.

Nope, I want a faster firing weapon for my primary (probably from playing too much Mechwarrior)

The mech is fine, the guns are fine, the ability is useless.

^this...I forget I have an "ability" 99% of the time

the Reaper is an assassin and you can choose to play it as one or not. you have the mobility with close-mid-long range combat. there are diff playstyles to choose from for the Reaper. get up and close with the Hawkins RPR or for more sustained dmg use the AMS-AR. you can also be an annoying pest and poke from afar with the Slug. you dont need to buff the dmg or reduce reload time, thats just making it even stronger than it already is. ya if you go up against a SS then youll prob die unless youre skilled with the Reaper. but thats the risk you take when going against a B. As have mobility with low health, Bs have about an average of both, and Cs have more health with slow mobility. the mechs were designed the way they are for a reason, and although the customiziation is limited, there are still many ways to have the advantage in fights, both team and individual ones.

My point was that if I have the drop on another light maybe a medium weight mech (like hit 4 times with the KE-Sabot or already at <50% health) I should be able to finish them off in CQC. I wrote the 1st post after I went toe to toe against a scout in a match several times and for some reason I couldn't get the health below 50% (also of my two teammates, one was AFK the other was nose mining or something....) because my weapons were not firing fast enough/doing enough damage. I was getting outgunned by a sharpshooter on a different one, my 2-3 zoomed in shots took off maybe 30% health if I was lucky, his 2-3 was ~75% on me (yeah I know, Reaper = squishy).

Just as a general note this is probably more or less what I was alluding to:

https://community.pl...e-sabot-damage/

Edited by Faker1089, 25 May 2015 - 05:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mechs, weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users