Photo

Any word on new mechs,maps,or gametypes?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

how_kan_i_looz

how_kan_i_looz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Do they plan on creating more?

FiddlingPuckhead

FiddlingPuckhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

possibly. before fall of 2016, anything is out there....

FiddlingPuckhead

FiddlingPuckhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Edited by FiddlingPuckhead, 24 June 2015 - 09:44 PM.

FiddlingPuckhead

FiddlingPuckhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i predict this game will disappear from the internet within 18 months. no trace, no transfer, no opensource leftovers. Gone. there is just nothing new being given to it, and it's own community is leaving in droves.

sad.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
I know many games which actually worse than hawken in 1000 times, and they still alive. Hawken one of the true f2p games, sad but true.
  • Guns_N_Rozer and Badtings like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i predict this game will disappear from the internet within 18 months. no trace, no transfer, no opensource leftovers. Gone. there is just nothing new being given to it, and it's own community is leaving in droves.

sad.

well you're quite the optimist. 

• Badtings and Da_Noobinator like this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

well you're quite the optimist. 

These people come and go in droves.

• Miscellaneous, Odinous, nepacaka and 3 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

As I said in another thread, the devs won't be able to add new stuff before maybe a year has passed.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

These people come and go in droves.

I've been to this game for over 2 years...I can only see it going this way...srsly

Ic6j9zJ.png

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

I've been to this game for over 2 years...I can only see it going this way...srsly

tumblr_m9pfm8jPYW1qcgr2to1_500.gif :sad: Don't give up yet.

Edited by hoghead, 25 June 2015 - 03:19 AM.

• claisolais and Badtings like this

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

this game survived even without devs for few months,calm down,let reloaded do its job,fix stuff Then and only then release new updates..

• 6ixxer likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

When Half Life 3 is released, a new mech is released as well. Actually the first new content is released when Final Fantasy has reached three digits in its series count.

• claisolais, Charcoal and hawken00 like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

They are hiring devs and graphic artist.  I think there is a mech that is pretty much done and a map that needs some finishing touches and balancing.  But until they get all their resources they won't be able to test.  If you read Josh's post he said that they are heavily interviewing.  I think it has been about 3 weeks since I have talked to him and at that time they were gearing up for interview and he told me how many people he was trying hire and with what skill set.  I am guessing that we will see something in the 4-6 month time frame.  If Hawken start producing more money for Reload Game then the more devs they will get.  But the thought was to keep it to a small team and grown slowly as needed depending on the money that is coming in.  I for one, rather that they keep a small dev team, it will make the game more stable and we won't have as many bugs being introduced as a big team.  The old team was trying to get a Mech and a Map out every few months.  Hopefully, the new team will be able to that.  Right not, I rather see a new map then a new Mech.  But they have to do what is best to bring money into the game so that it can grow.  That is why I never criticize what they do first.  There are things we just don't know.

Matt

• bacon_avenger, Titanus, Charcoal and 3 others like this

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

sad.

told a couple of co-workers who like FPS about this game andy they downloaded it and are playing now. the dev's also said it's going to take time to learn the source code map editor and Higher teams to start work on getting things back in action. As Josh  has said before they are Highering people to help them. that doesn't sound like this game will be going away. yeah its been quite because most likely Josh has been super busy with a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

sad.

Thank you for creating this account specifically to share this opinion with us. We treasure it and hope that, in the spirit of your prediction, you leave.

• LRod, SatelliteJack, LaurenEmily and 9 others like this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

They are hiring devs and graphic artist.  I think there is a mech that is pretty much done and a map that needs some finishing touches and balancing.  But until they get all their resources they won't be able to test.  If you read Josh's post he said that they are heavily interviewing.  I think it has been about 3 weeks since I have talked to him and at that time they were gearing up for interview and he told me how many people he was trying hire and with what skill set.  I am guessing that we will see something in the 4-6 month time frame.  If Hawken start producing more money for Reload Game then the more devs they will get.  But the thought was to keep it to a small team and grown slowly as needed depending on the money that is coming in.  I for one, rather that they keep a small dev team, it will make the game more stable and we won't have as many bugs being introduced as a big team.  The old team was trying to get a Mech and a Map out every few months.  Hopefully, the new team will be able to that.  Right not, I rather see a new map then a new Mech.  But they have to do what is best to bring money into the game so that it can grow.  That is why I never criticize what they do first.  There are things we just don't know.

Matt

I agree with most of this, though i think i map would be cool, if something turns out to be wrong with it (ie unfair one way or another) it would be a lot harder to fix than a mech would.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

sad.

Thank you for creating this account specifically to share this opinion with us. We treasure it and hope that, in the spirit of your prediction, you leave.

rekt

How_cb1d1c_5475842.gif

• DeeRax likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Agreed. 

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Well, way back in the day, there was word of a Siege Tank and CTF gamemodes coming in. Theoretically, CTF would introduce at least one new map, with more to follow. This was before the Big Quiet though, so what remains of those plans is unknown.

• Charcoal likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

This was before the Big Quiet though, so what remains of those plans is unknown.

I like how not only the game setting has a certain lore of its own (Illal, the corporations, etc.), but also there's one in the developing process. Will there ever be an era of Thriving Profusion?

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I mean reloaded inherited all adh's unfinished fuzzy bunny, hopefully they get the manpower to finish it soon.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I mean reloaded inherited all adh's unfinished fuzzy bunny, hopefully they get the manpower to finish it soon.

This. While I'm excited to see where the game goes, I'm actually kinda bummed for the soon-to-be dev team. ADH really cut corners with this game, and now Reloaded is gunna be responsible for fixing it AND churning out new swag AND not going bankrupt. It's a tall order, and I believe they can do it, but there's gonna be a long turnaround for sure.

• crockrocket likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
They said they plan to do both maps and mechs. Which comes first is hard to say, possibly whichever was further along in development from the previous team.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

The game's potential will prevent it from disappearing. The community's desire will prevent it from diminishing. And dare I say it: Reloaded Games' revival will lead Hawken into a brighter future. Once stagnation is resolved, the dev team irons out the faults and ships out new content, all that's left is for a player base to consume it.

Although, arena shooters have a tendency to fail over time, due to either loss of interest or the evolution of game genres, most notably RPGs. Hawken has the potential to avoid that fate, but it depends on how far the dev team is willing to develop and create.

Hopefully once they do hire individuals, they'll familiarize themselves with the lore, content, and community-driven projects.

Edited by Draigun, 26 June 2015 - 12:01 AM.

• KirkGoneWild likes this

TpsOr7F.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

ADH really cut corners with this game

I mean, Khang Lee said as much circa 2011 (see the "Cheat to Win" section). Source

Facility example (don't give me too much flak):

Spoiler

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 26 June 2015 - 02:22 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I mean, Khang Lee said as much circa 2011

To be fair, there's a difference between recycling and straight up cheating. What I meant was maps, balances, gameplay, all that jazz. It's cool to put giant Flak cannons in buildings. It's not cool to leave superglue all over the maps. Stuff like that. :P
  • crockrocket likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

tumblr_m9pfm8jPYW1qcgr2to1_500.gif :sad: Don't give up yet.

Iam still here, am I not:)
I cant see hope now but I will keep hoping.
*until someone in charge tells me not to*
  • hoghead likes this

Ic6j9zJ.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

To be fair, there's a difference between recycling and straight up cheating. What I meant was maps, balances, gameplay, all that jazz. It's cool to put giant Flak cannons in buildings. It's not cool to leave superglue all over the maps. Stuff like that. :P

Oh I see what you're saying now.

JgQjgkx.png

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Matt

Yeah i can see the artists they found and the amazing work drawing a smelly poop emote...

• claisolais likes this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Yeah i can see the artists they found and the amazing work drawing a smelly poop emote...

I see your necro powers are strong, reviving a two-year-old thread. Can you use them on Hawken please?

• talon70 and popeco like this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The art of necromancy is forbidden in these parts.

• Amidatelion, Evacerberus, Shade__ and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users