gCPdR2e.jpgUTNW2hO.jpgaRQZUeg.jpg

• PoopSlinger, Odinous, nepacaka and 1 other like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I think its important just how fast the Battle turkey can be.

• PoopSlinger, shosca, eth0 and 1 other like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

So you guys don't wanna have your field of view up all the way when you play r2. I personally have my FOV at 86.
It just helps you aim better if you have a small gaming screen like me, I use a 22 inch lol. 

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

gCPdR2e.jpgUTNW2hO.jpgaRQZUeg.jpg

shosca wtf that's exactly what mine looks like.

• Jelooboi likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I wish we had mech horns. I'd definitely buy a turkey gobble horn for my battleturkey. Activate the ability and spam dat gobble gobble..

• Crminimal and talon70 like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I wish we had mech horns. I'd definitely buy a turkey gobble horn for my battleturkey. Activate the ability and spam dat gobble gobble..

Also a mustache. I want a mustache for my mechs.

• CraftyDus likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Also a mustache. I want a mustache for my mechs.

Don't be silly, that sounds ridiculous.. (o_o)

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I want a gold chain that swings back and forth with mech movement.  It should have different gold medallions you can buy too.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 and CraftyDus like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Like I said oh so selfishly in Ts one of those days (real descriptive). Because of my dedication to the game and the G2 raider, having (I hope still to be true) the most playtime in one; a solid gold chrome G2 raider. I've since decided it's ability must also leave a tron trail behind it as well. Literally sniper bait but I would play it all the time regardless!

:3

• CraftyDus likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

G2R needs some elite parts though. Why is it rank 6 right from the start anyways ?

• Odinous likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

G2R needs some elite parts though. Why is it rank 6 right from the start anyways ?

That's just how the G2 mechs were implemented, the G2 Assault is the same way.  There's no primary weapons to unlock for either mech, and I think they didn't have the resources to make elite skins at the time they were introduced.  Not exactly high priority, but it would be nice to have some elite parts eventually :)

oSpBaPA.png

LinearFox

LinearFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=kyOJCGfFW-M  oh oh oh i did one montage a few months back :D

• PoopSlinger, LaurenEmily, Bergwein and 1 other like this

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

It's my favourite C-class because it's so polarizing and difficult to use. Over the weekend whoever stuck with Battle Turkey in this match ended up doing reasonably well with it - http://www.twitch.tv...frock/c/6432651

• eth0, CraftyDus and Jelooboi like this
G2R is viable.

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

The worst thing about G2 Raiders is when you run into one with your G1.  :sad: Trying to top mine off so I can pick up the G2 finally. 

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Yeah one thing a G2 has to watch out for is a skilled raider. A raider verses a G2 of equal skill often will come out on top. Just got to remember to be patient: you have the health for it. Pop your ability and walk backwards if you have to. Hell, I've used the ability as a dodge at times or just use it to quickly get to the next bit of cover. If it gets behind you pop your ability and walk backwards at a slight angle till you're facing them.
  • Jelooboi likes this

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

It's my favourite C-class because it's so polarizing and difficult to use. Over the weekend whoever stuck with Battle Turkey in this match ended up doing reasonably well with it - http://www.twitch.tv...frock/c/6432651

Whoaa Bunker Siege. How does that even work lol.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Whoaa Bunker Siege. How does that even work lol.

Surprisingly, really goddamn well.  It's always action packed since there's only one EU zone and it's under the AA, and the AA is super contestable.

Also this:

e4AdMH6.jpg

The best.

Edited by comic_sans, 02 April 2015 - 10:48 AM.

• ThirdEyE, CraftyDus and Jelooboi like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Cower in fear, mortals!

6EKAfVn.jpg

• LEmental, Miscellaneous, comic_sans and 3 others like this

oSpBaPA.png

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

So what do you guys think about what the G2 Raider needs improved? 
Or do you all like the masochism that bears with it?

RhyKoSin

RhyKoSin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

For my G2R I run Adv Armor Fusor, Evasive device, Basic Extractor. I switch the evasive device out for power surge depending on what game-type I'm running. I notice the main problem with the g2r is if you miss one shot with the corsair, you might be boned. I love it though. It's my fav mech and crazy fun to be ballsy with. The items I run are 3 shields and 1 radar scrambler. I might go for 1 shield, 1 radar scrambler, and 1 emp though. I'll experiment. Edit: Tried Fuel Converter on it. It's insanely useful. Props to whoever brought that up. Now I use Armor Fusor, Fuel Converter, and Evasive device.

2015-04-04_00006.jpg

Edited by RhyKoSin, 13 April 2015 - 01:16 PM.

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I have said it before and I may as well say it again.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, 13 April 2015 - 01:48 PM.

• PoopSlinger, Odinous, talon70 and 1 other like this

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I have said it before and I may as well say it again.

yepp that was the video that got me to Main G2 Raider. duel me someday

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Check out this bad boy, he be the sexiest fat raider you ever seen !

(calling him a turkey is a great way to end up in his belly real fast)

2015_04_17_00002.jpg

• Crminimal likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I think boost speed needs to be increased, and MAYBE it's walk speed a little bit.

Otherwise, this thing is a blast to play.
  • 1uster likes this

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I read on some other thread about a suggestion for increasing the protection for the front while 'blitzing'. This makes a lot of sense because why else would the shield thingies be there ? it would be like a superfast turret-mode  :teehee:

Edited by LaurenEmily, 17 April 2015 - 08:41 AM.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I read on some other thread about a suggestion for increasing the protection for the front while 'blitzing'. This makes a lot of sense because why else would the shield thingies be there ? it would be like a superfast turret-mode  :teehee:

I still think it should do damage to and/or knock back enemies it hits with the front and sides.

• ticklemyiguana likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Well, I recently gotten a G2 Raider, AC Cuttah Kuu'Jizah (My G1 was L AC Kuu'Jizah).

Wow it's normal foot speed was slower than I thought. It'll be harder for me to sneak up on people in good time.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

I love the masochism, but it needs:

- Slightly faster walk speed (the ability still needs to be where it gets its mobility but right now it's just too slow)

- Silent ability (as in doesn't show on the radar); could make this thing function as a sort of fat infil and buff offensive play

- Either no fuel consumption during the ability or decreased fuel consumption

I'd also like the ability to be more frequent, but that might overbuff it if the other concerns are addressed; it was at a perfectly fine frequency when it was released and could be popped multiple times even in a 1v1, but we lost the frequency we need in a trade for how long the ability needs to last in its patch.  30 seconds is not bad at all to deal with, but this mech's ability is unlike other mechs in that it focuses entirely on movement; raider's abil unlocks weapons while boosting, and scout's abil refills its tank as well.  The ability's focus on movement necessarily contrasts its normally slow walk speed and is its only justification, whereas other mechs get damage boosts or invisibility or other directly powerful things, which makes more sense for their longer cooldown (though I have Opinions on infil too).  Basically the ability should just mesh with the combat a bit more comfortably; 20 seconds would be a good cooldown I think because it'd always be ready when you need it, but not completely replace all your movement decisions.

The ability also serves as a foil to the lack of a hitscan or detonatable secondary, which, besides raider, is currently only something dedicated support mechs have (incin, rocketeer, tech, bruiser) and while the raider can deal with the kiting disadvantage against defensive players with its normal boost, walk, and hover speeds, the g2 raider, something that seems built to perform the same role as an attack/closer mech as inferred by its weapons, often simply can't do anything about quick mechs kiting with remote det weapons; you can do some good work with the claw, but there needs to be a surface nearby for splash, and sometimes ugly floor geometry like on origin can make relying on this futile.  The faster mech will just run away as long as it needs to to whittle the g2 user down, unless the user times his ability perfectly to close the distance and force the faster mech into a direct confrontation for at least a little while.  This reliance on the ability to deal with smart defensive play is not something a brawler or a grenadier or a vanguard has to deal with, and a rocketeer or incin shouldn't even be in that situation alone.  Basically, the g2 raider's loadout is super offensive and its ability is super offensive and necessary to playing the mech successfully at all, unlike turret mode or gren damage buff, but not quite good enough to deal with the drawbacks of no remote det/hitscan secondary that smart players can just space out or put a wall/corner between.  The g2 should have more chances to close down its kill; there's no reason this fun thing can't be great as well.

Edited by comic_sans, 17 April 2015 - 11:02 AM.

• PoopSlinger, _incitatus, 1uster and 1 other like this

AOTbYIL.png

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I wish it also had the EOC repeater as alternative primary.... #EOCBattleTurkeyMasterRace

/me runs

I agree give me eoc or give me death ..... eoc for life .....CAN WE GET A FEW MORE OPTIONS ON THE G2 RAIDER Not  A BIG T32 FAN. I just decided  to learn the G2 battle turkey  for shits and giggles .

• CraftyDus likes this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Took a good hard look because of the u*** comment, next to the raider the g2 is by FAR the sexiest sweetest looking mech out there

.... what lines!

Trying to play the BT lately and it is adjusting my mmr for me. I would love other primary options for the g2's and also remove the level so we can level them up

Edited by talon70, 17 April 2015 - 02:38 PM.

• Jelooboi likes this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Capnjosh hear our prayer! Give the bird EOC and not the other way around!

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah the battleturkey needs some love by the devs. Some pics of mine. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? Nov8tr knows! :yes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Of course its Fugly but at least when you see it you'll know who it is.......ROFL. :wub: But but but.....it's my Battleturkey!

Edited by Nov8tr, 21 April 2015 - 01:13 PM.

• eth0, comic_sans and Jelooboi like this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Yeah the battleturkey needs some love by the devs. Some pics of mine. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? Nov8tr knows! :yes:

Now I want to name a g2 The Shadow and have a friend of mine be Margot Lane in a tech.  I think you're the only person who would get it but it might be worth it.

• Nov8tr likes this

AOTbYIL.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

This should be your war song

• Crminimal, Meraple, eth0 and 2 others like this

Spoiler

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Oh holy crap that is freakin hilarious! ROFL :ohmy:

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

This should be your war song

Now I can start a hymn book for my streams!

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
After playing a bit last night I think I got my mojo back. Pimped out my latest G2 in black and a few new parts.
On another note, those times you're fighting two mechs and you ignore one to better your odds of getting a kill, and you turn around fed up with that annoying a-class' bull fuzzy bunny and pop them like a zit. Most satisfying thing ever, even when you don't finish off the guy you were focused on.
  • comic_sans and Jelooboi like this

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Eth0 advancing the meta in an all-turkey battle, new HoloGobble technique:

Edited by Epsilon_Knight, 19 April 2015 - 08:01 PM.

• _incitatus, n3onfx, eth0 and 1 other like this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Eth0 advancing the meta in an all-turkey battle, new HoloGobble technique:

I've never had holograms work so effectively until the turkey came into my life. 3-slot all the way.

Edited by eth0, 21 April 2015 - 06:16 AM.

UYoy63i.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Holos are great just put one down when somebody is stalking you around a structure and walk around the outside. I did this on the way back of the bakery on front-line with both speed boosts up and at 7 hp managed to take out a 90% hp assault by complete surprise point blank. It was like a cartoonish run around.

• comic_sans likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G2R, Battleturkey, G2Raider, OP, killinest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users