• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

After playing a bit last night I think I got my mojo back. Pimped out my latest G2 in black and a few new parts.
On another note, those times you're fighting two mechs and you ignore one to better your odds of getting a kill, and you turn around fed up with that annoying a-class' bull fuzzy bunny and pop them like a zit. Most satisfying thing ever, even when you don't finish off the guy you were focused on.

I KNOW THIS FEEL. It's like you completely destroy their over-confidence and literally stick it to their face. So damn satisfying. 

• EM1O and Flifang like this

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Just started playing g2 raider , I named mine thunder chicken seemed more fitting . This mech has to be so close he can kiss the other mech to do damage still working on it think adding  some more weapons  would make it more viable. or maybe it is my shitty t32 skill not sure.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I keep buying them for some reason. But my go-to main man I named (of Course, this was before the Starving Sumo/Attack Turkey analogies began)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Hero inna half-shell. Turtle-power.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I have 6 of them myself. Dunno how it started but it did and that's 6 out of my 41 mechs. I have a lot...

Crminimal

Crminimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I wish we had mech horns. I'd definitely buy a turkey gobble horn for my battleturkey. Activate the ability and spam dat gobble gobble..

This! And add some sweet doppler effect to it! 

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
I'm noticing on the new LA servers I get great ping, and that's not the best part. My KLA accuracy is skyrocketing. I'm hitting about 80% or more of my mirvs and its glorious! I'm so happy I just want to hug capnjosh and ladytiggs for these new servers!
  • Jelooboi and JackVandal like this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

DSC_5449.JPG

• Kindos7, Hyginos, MomOw and 3 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Is that a new paint-job I can buy for $10?

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Is that a new paint-job I can buy for $10?

Omg, they should so release a Turkey skin for the g2.
  • crockrocket, Miscellaneous, MomOw and 2 others like this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Turkey weapon glitches. Seeker, breacher, eoc, vulcan... I think PN-223 is in here somewhere

http://www.twitch.tv...ethan/c/6732881

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Vulcan has been the strongest weapon so far I have had glitched to the G2 raider. Get somebody in close and it has a top notch dps and burst weapon.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Here are some good pictures of Turkeys winning.  The second was from one of my first few deathmatch wins.  It was against good people too.xvGgIR0.jpg

fUpqEca.jpg

gtxCujT.jpg

Edited by PoopSlinger, 03 June 2015 - 07:29 PM.

• Hyginos likes this

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

gtxCujT.jpg

Now I know that this picture is from a win over STC. score gives it away.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I wish we had mech horns. I'd definitely buy a turkey gobble horn for my battleturkey. Activate the ability and spam dat gobble gobble..

my turkeys horn (as for his name is also) MrKoolaid going Oh YEAH! as i burst in

and yeah the one blast KO is nice but i love even more the one blast KO as i plow from behind and they are enjoying their walk then "WTF" "wwwwwhat you shoot me with" in chat

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 04 June 2015 - 07:02 AM.

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

You say battle turkey,

but when I see a G2 Raider powering up here's what I think of

VYF0Bqw.gif

• MechFighter5e3bf9, Odinous, LaurenEmily and 4 others like this

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Let's all take a moment and be glad the G2raider's overheat recovery is so good. It's really a godsend at times.
  • LaurenEmily and Jelooboi like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

You say battle turkey,

but when I see a G2 Raider powering up here's what I think of

VYF0Bqw.gif

Battleowl confirmed. I actually sounds way better than turkey imo.

• Odinous likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Okay so I have a VERY good suggestion about compensating the G2 Raider's lack of maneuverability. The original Raider's ability is being able to boost and shoot, why not implement that on the G2R as a permanent ability? That would totally make it much more viable since the T32 bolt needs to be charged if you want the most effectiveness out of it along with the least heat output. It's not really fair that the scout doesn't need to have it's flak charged and that allows it to put out the most damage it can while being flexible. If I charge my T32, that severely limits my movement options to just hovering and strafing left to right and I'm already limited in mobility. Seeing a G2R being able to boost and shoot would be pretty damn great and I do think it is legitimately fair for it to be able to do so since it's boost speed is already hilariously low. What do you guys think?

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Well I personally like the g2 blitz because the walk speed increase effectively reduces the turn cap by a lot. You can walk in a circle while aiming in the same way a dodge aim works but this is more steady and consistent. The other thing is walking backwards at that speed. It's literally my favorite part of the ability. Got a zerker above you? Pop ability shoot at them and run under them. Then you pivot and back up after turning to shoot them again. If somebody is shooting you in the back pop the ability and walk backwards around them. Do it right and you will be facing their back. Just don't let people body block you. In the case of the T32's heat generation, the G2 has an absolutely tiny overheat recovery time. It's tied for second lowest in the game of I remember correctly.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

^Oh master of the BT, while your attention is here, I have a question nobody has answered for me:

My G2R's special seems... glitched.  Once I activate the ability and am moving fast, if I dodge or boost, even with full fuel, the thing starts walking slow again - the ability is still active and counting down, but it just isn't working.

Is that "normal"?

It seems broken.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Not a glitch, unfortunately, though I'd argue it's one of a couple things about the G2R that should be tweaked. If you boost or dodge during its ability, you have to wait to build up momentum again (And by that point you are prolly out of fuel).
The other biggies are (a) Fix the ability so that it doesn't make you show up on radar, (b) Fix the Corsair's reload animation (And probably reduce the Corsair XT's reload time, at least by a little).

I'd also argue that the thing needs better fuel regen, and either more armor or higher speed (Boost & walk), to be more in line with its intended purpose (fat assassin). And read: NOT more armor AND higher speed, one or the other; I lean toward speed myself. Right now it's almost as slow as a Brawler (Its boost & air speed are actually SLOWER than a Brawler), but it has less armor than a Vanguard (Even if it's only 10 less). This doesn't make sense to me, given its supposed role. Its like they were afraid of making it at least as good as the regular Raider for some reason.

Still, overall, my favorite mech (Vanguard and G1 Raider are close 2nds), just wish it'd get some buff love. Just a 'lil.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 22 July 2015 - 12:22 PM.

• comic_sans and Jelooboi like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

When you try to boost while its ability is on it's just going to have regular boost speed which is slower so just walk when you have it on.

Flifang I didn't mean we should replace the original ability I just want that boost shoot as a permanent ability.

Yeah I've done the walk backwards thing plenty of times but it's still difficult trying to outrun a flying zerker. If the G2 raider had the normal flak it would wreck hell and have a lot better movement options without sacrificing dps

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

I just want that boost shoot as a permanent ability.

I feel like since the g2 raider could be buffed in other ways that'd bring it up to par, it'd be overkill to give it a buff that makes everyone wonder why only g2r has it and not all mechs.

• DeeRax likes this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

I need help. I just got the G2R, and I suck absolute fuzzy bunny. It's just ridiculously easy for an enemy to run back to their team where my low health screws me over. I use Blitz to get to a target. So, maybe I'm actually supposed to use it when they run? Also, I suck against A classss, as even with the MIRV shot, to me at about 80 ping it is still really easy for As to dodge. Once, on Origin, a Assault killed me we were both at full HP, in a tunnel with no room for dodges. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by TronX33, 22 July 2015 - 01:24 PM.

• Jelooboi likes this

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I can't tell you my play style but I'll give you a little hint how you're supposed to play it: Description says "Search and Destroy"

What does THAT mean to you? How should you specifically engage an enemy? 

Remember that the MIRV isn't hitscan. Imagine actual pellets flying out of your shotgun with actual velocity (Comparable to charged heat cannon)
Even the T32 isn't exactly hitscan. If you look closely, you can see the spread travel very fast but not instantly. Compensate for that. 

Assaults will out-DPS you, so get in their face and make them hit themselves. You will win since you have the higher healthpool, unless if he has failsafe then it's going to be even more of a problem but that really depends what situation you're in.

I use the detonator to make sure they're finished off, otherwise don't chase them. I have other solutions without using the detonator but I wont spill any of that yet you'll have to pm me. 

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

T32 is actually hitscan though. The tracers are client-side pretty effects and don't represent the shot itself. 

• Jelooboi likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

So the acceleration you lose from dodging I have noticed is completely dependent on your direction of movement prior to dodging. I don't actually have the words to describe what because it's just muscle memory but I think as long as you keep the forward or backward key pressed and keep your finger on the dodge key until the dodge ends you maintain your walking momentum. Always have two directions being pressed at the same time keeps your momentum when not dodging in G2Blitz. For instance going forward and to the left. you can switch to going backward and left as long as you keep the left movement. Takes practice but lets you bob and weave through enemy teams at times when they can't quite track you especially when you always keep one of their own in between you and the rest of them.

And on the topic of general strategy, get your first big hit off when you're skirmishing and with 100% accuracy if I remember correctly only the brawler will win the dps race because of it's health. Generally you want to stick close to your team and always look to get a little closer to the enemy's position. Fire off KLAs until you see a low healther and if you feel confident I say go for it. Learn to dodge as you activate your ability and continue that directional momentum too that can surprise folks.

Edited by Flifang, 22 July 2015 - 07:57 PM.

• Jelooboi and DeeRax like this

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

T32 is actually hitscan though. The tracers are client-side pretty effects and don't represent the shot itself. 

Well that really throws me off. I'd rather have actual bullet travel imo

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

The hitscan is fine. Just fix the goofy spread on the thing (And maybe reduce its damage falloff a smidge).

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Yeah, it has the T-32 XT   which should stand for XTRA TOUGH

• comic_sans likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Eh, while we're on it, and I'd like this for the normal Raider as well, it'd be kind of nice if the MIRV shot had a bit more range.  It is a bit dumb (to me) that its shots go out about 35 feet and then just disappear.  At the very least, make that same distance the point where they start to loose height and begin falling towards the ground.

• comic_sans likes this

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

The mirv actually has an insane range that you can't really utilize against anything but a target that stays directly in front of you (no strafing). The reason it seems so damn short ranged is that the projectile lifespan is 0.7 seconds. The other factor is that there is to be fair no real splash with each of the pellets. Any pellets that don't hit directly are wasted. The lifespan is almost the dodge cooldown of an a-class so, to be sure you hit you have 0.3 seconds immediately after they dodge to shoot them or you're very likely to miss. Playing corners with somebody? when you face them as they peekaboo, take the shot to the face and walk to the other side where they are about to dodge to. Well, this only works when peekaboo is at some sort of structure that can allow this.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

^Thanks for the detailed info, I'll take your word for it Flifang.  I'm sure that's how it actually works.

On my screen, however, they fly about 35 feet and then disappear.  I can be shooting things that are standing still right in their path and they disappear before they get there.  I suppose that, if they only live for 0.7 seconds that they are gone before they ever get further than that... which means I still think they should be reworked so they are more like a fragmented version of the Corsair's main shot with less range.

• Flifang likes this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
should the turkey get an airspeed buff? yeah yeah, after all the other modest bumps, sure.

it's the slowest boost, 2nd slowest walk (after Brawler ofc), and even less armor than a vanguard (the fastest C).

I can understand the balance in speed with the burst, but really? Why not some air time for those early KLA hits? imagine a blitzing turkey that literally flies the coop! WE NEED JUSTICE GOBBLE GOBBLE
  • PoopSlinger and comic_sans like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

should the turkey get an airspeed buff? yeah yeah, after all the other modest bumps, sure.

it's the slowest boost, 2nd slowest walk (after Brawler ofc), and even less armor than a vanguard (the fastest C).

I can understand the balance in speed with the burst, but really? Why not some air time for those early KLA hits? imagine a blitzing turkey that literally flies the coop! WE NEED JUSTICE GOBBLE GOBBLE

If it flew as fast as it turkey'd and used no "extra" fuel to fly while it's ability was active it would be a whole new terror.  I say no extra fuel to fly because the ability already drains fuel as it is...

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

If it flew as fast as it turkey'd and used no "extra" fuel to fly while it's ability was active it would be a whole new terror.  I say no extra fuel to fly because the ability already drains fuel as it is...

The ability shouldn't drain fuel to begin with thoooooo

• comic_sans likes this

UYoy63i.png

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Also,

EvsczKr.jpg

I'm a huge butthole!

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Thought that would be you. New account, brand new camo and competently played G2.

On the topic of the G2 raider's speed, do me a favor and theory craft 1v1's against other mechs assuming the G2 gets the first hit in and tell me how many mechs survive the dps race. You may understand why it's so slow and squishy.

• eth0 likes this

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

After getting in more practice on the G2R after receiving tips in response ot my plea for help, I must (excuse the caps) : THIS. MECH. IS. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I purchased additional MC just to get cosmetics for the G2R. Seriously, more people need to play this.

• eth0, comic_sans and Flifang like this

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

gCPdR2e.jpgUTNW2hO.jpgaRQZUeg.jpg

how does one get 3rd person POV?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G2R, Battleturkey, G2Raider, OP, killinest

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users