• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Kopra, that was my understanding of how it worked too. But I am talking about they come around a corner or thru a hallway/doorway or whatever, on the ground facing me and shoot me dead, boom. Dead. That is what I am trying to explain. I've had at least 8 or 10 people in the last month do it. Many of them in a number of dfferent matches over time. I see one guy in a battleturkey who has done it a dozen time. I see him a lot on EU servers. I've seen it on US servers, EU servers and Asia. So I don't know what's up then. Because they do it to my Bruiser, hell even to my Raider. I just don't get how they are doing it. sigh...........

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

The G2's lack of fat is pretty much for balance purposes. More health and fuel converter would be stupid on it. Not to mention how much health it can chunk off a mech in one hit at the start of an engagement. A full burst takes the majority of mechs in the game to half health or less and then you can just tap the T32 for 70 damage (assuming you're in range and hit with all the bullets and that the weapon isn't being a useless piece of crap) roughly once a second and occasionally have your secondary reload before they have died and shoot a stupidly high damage and large splash KLA at anything low enough to die or just use a mirv against an extra feisty b-class or a c-class which has probably survived this long anyways due to its health. you can also pretty effectively break the turn cap of any c-class you're fighting too with your ability up. It's really all a matter of how you can approach the fight. Generally it's accepted that the best all around strategy is to hang back with your team or in a spot that an enemy would be reluctant to come after you at so you can lob KLAs from a distance. It does a little more than a tow and has a GL's splash so getting multiple targets can be pretty simple. It's especially handy at hitting a tech and who that tech is healing. Honestly only a few mechs can threaten me in my G2. Those are things like the vanguard and the SA Hawkins brawler. Vanguard has speed, dps, and a secondary I can't just avoid as easily as a tow. The SA Hawkins brawler has fat and stupid effective range so a smart player will engage me at range which is an engagement I'll lose because to even hope to out dps a brawler you need to get off the first full burst. Something like the grenadier suffers too much from how up close and personal I can get in the G2 because the turn cap is far easier to break on a grenadier with the G2 blitz than it is on the Vanguard. Even Incinerators don't scare me. If I'm smart I'll close with it at a safe cover spot or bull rush one when it's alone and hovering like they love to do at times. The closer you get to one the harder it gets for them to effectively hit them especially when you get into the sweet spot for getting around a mech while blitzing.

• Jelooboi likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

What's this about breaking the turn cap?

I'll back up Nov8tr, I've been insta-jibbed by Raiders and Scouts on many occasions, seemingly regardless of what mech I was in.  Full health... boom, dead.  It takes 1 second.  I've had a specific guy playing Predator do it to me repeatedly over the course of a single match.   I've asked time and again, "Please, I'm not mad, I just want to know how you are insta-killing me with that mech."  I've never been given anything more than a smart-alec answer like "Git Gud" or "It's a secret."

(The insta-kills by the Predator are especially frustrating because they happen in mid-air.  I'll be flying about in a B-Class and, suddenly, boom, you're dead.  There's no assist shown.  It was almost like these players have figured out some glitch to plant invisible pucks in mid-air that they detonate when I fly through them... which still doesn't explain an insta-kill considering the Pred player was usually on the other side of the map when I died.)

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

What's this about breaking the turn cap?

I'll back up Nov8tr, I've been insta-jibbed by Raiders and Scouts on many occasions, seemingly regardless of what mech I was in.  Full health... boom, dead.  It takes 1 second.  I've had a specific guy playing Predator do it to me repeatedly over the course of a single match.   I've asked time and again, "Please, I'm not mad, I just want to know how you are insta-killing me with that mech."  I've never been given anything more than a smart-alec answer like "Git Gud" or "It's a secret."

(The insta-kills by the Predator are especially frustrating because they happen in mid-air.  I'll be flying about in a B-Class and, suddenly, boom, you're dead.  There's no assist shown.  It was almost like these players have figured out some glitch to plant invisible pucks in mid-air that they detonate when I fly through them... which still doesn't explain an insta-kill considering the Pred player was usually on the other side of the map when I died.)

Uncharged breacher does 144 damage, which is the same a full MIRV. It can knock lighter mechs down with alarming efficiency.

"breaking the turn cap" or "abusing the turn cap", means to avoid your opponents crosshair by moving in a way that the turn cap makes it physically impossible for them to aim at you.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

When a breacher lands a full shot the damage is ridiculous, if the predator manages to hit with it's secondary too it's over 200 damage almost instantly which i believe is what's happening here, it indeed does seem 'fishy', but that's probably because it doesn't hit completely every time and you are not so used to it, There's also a chance that the mines were in ground, their damage area is rather large.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Sorry for dragging this necro thread up...but, should this be the only mech players are allowed to use for today ? I think so. If you don't have one, get one and let the feathers fly.... :teehee:  

• crockrocket, CoshCaust and DeeRax like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

turkey day streamin
http://twitch.tv/eth0ethan

• MomOw, nepacaka and DeeRax like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Sorry for dragging this necro thread up...but, should this be the only mech players are allowed to use for today ? I think so. If you don't have one, get one and let the feathers fly.... :teehee:  

I took a break from Fallout 4 and represented some mean battleturkey earlier today as well.

• eth0 likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The Holy Church of Gobbles is never a necro thread.

• eth0, DieselCat and DeeRax like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

turkey day streamin
http://twitch.tv/eth0ethan

giphy.gif

• eth0, DieselCat and DeeRax like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G2R, Battleturkey, G2Raider, OP, killinest

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users