• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
The G2Raider is my favorite mech in this game. It's just the most fun. For some reason it's not played or talked about often. Unless Flidang or I bring it up and shove it down people's throat. It's not even mentioned when people talk about OP or best mechs.

Those of us that play it, love it though.

So here are some things I'd like to see...
-picture of multiple G2Raiders in turkey mode
-more people playing G2R
-discussion of G2Raider setups
-sweet videos of g2r killing people with gobble sounds
-discussion on why it's so OP at every level of play

Fun fact: the G2 stands for gobble gobble

Shout out to my fellow enthusiasts Jelooboi, Flifang, PD22, Thirdeye, G1g1x,
  • diablo878, LEmental, MechFighter5e3bf9 and 24 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I hope this post can inspire everyone to play G2R for War Wednesday

• Badtings likes this

oSpBaPA.png

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I hope this post can inspire everyone to play G2R for War Wednesday

Challenge accepted.

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

-discussion of G2Raider setups

This.

I've been running fuel converter, extractor, and armor fusor but I'm really not sure if that's the best option. Fuel converter seems like an obvious choice but the other two I'm not so convinced about.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Power surger, extractor all the time and anything else to fill the last spots. I tried ark-extractor, but I love the extra speed from surger.

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

I love my G2 Raider...It's gives the most satisfying kills by far.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

TDM TeenAgeMutantNinjaTurtle:  Extr, Adv Repair, Basic Reconstructor

DM   Go-Zilla:  Extr, Adv Armor Fusor, Basic Reconstructor

MA   Special Kitty:  Extr, Reconstructor, Basic Fuel Conv

i juggle them around, but this gives me some leeway depending on the lobby's skills/playstyles--and to play "dress-up" with all that bling i been buying. i'll toss in another variation in about another 6k hc.  :)

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Why does nobody remember that I was the original vocal goddamn proponent of how awesome the g2 raider is?!?!? Merl and I even tied for king! It's the best.  It's the BEST.  IT'S THE BEST ASDF I LOVE THIS THING AND I HAVE BEEN SAYING SO WHERE YOU CAN READ IT SINCE DAY 1

I'll get a pic of mine tonight and post it here since it, also, is the best.

Edited by comic_sans, 25 March 2015 - 04:18 PM.

• ThirdEyE, CraftyDus and Jelooboi like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Poop, Comic and I even did our official 1v1 match in the battle turkey. Show some respect for your elders!

• comic_sans likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I know someone said they use replenisher, and if there was ever a mech for replenisher this might be it.

I'm interested to hear the experts' setups though. Items as well

Btw, I think g2r is one of the most common heavies in west, but then again the c meta is generally weaker here

Edited by crockrocket, 25 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Cmon Tickle, you never play Battleturkey. I was giving props to the guys I regularly square off turkey to turkey.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Best heavy mech in the game in my opinion. It is terribly underrated and picked on, It seems to be a hate it or love it type of thing with very little in between.

Evasive device, Power surger & Fuel converter i like in it.

Also, why is it called battle turkey ?  :rolleyes:

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Best heavy mech in the game in my opinion. It is terribly underrated and picked on, It seems to be a hate it or love it type of thing with very little in between.

Evasive device, Power surger & Fuel converter i like in it.

Also, why is it called battle turkey ?  :rolleyes:

Best internal setup, whenever I try something else I always come back to these 3.

It's the battle turkey because when it activates its ability it looks like a turkey charging at you.  Kinda like this:

Herbert_H_Turkey_Guns.jpg

• LEmental, CrimsonKaim, DisorderlyMechanic and 7 others like this

oSpBaPA.png

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I refuse to accept this degrading nickname of a majestic mech that is 100% badass and awesome.
No seriously i still don't get it, why does this thing get all the hate and mocking ? It's like the fat kid in gym class that gets picked last.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  1. Super slow without the ability
  2. Ability consumes fuel and reveals you on radar
  3. Really limited range
  4. Most unforgiving secondary
  5. No alternate primaries
  6. Looks ridiculous (even though I love it)

I like the degrading name and lame reputation, because then I can make fun of my friends when I kill them with it.  GOBBLE GOBBLE all those juicy A-mechs...

• hashms0a likes this

oSpBaPA.png

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I like the degrading name and lame reputation, because then I can make fun of my friends when I kill them with it.  GOBBLE GOBBLE all those juicy A-mechs...

Degrading? It's not degrading it's glorious. I prefer vanilla Raider over the G2 but there's nothing more glorious than seeing that giant hunk of metal charging into battle.

Gobble gobble fuzzy bunny

Evil-Dooms-Day-Turkey.jpg

Edited by n3onfx, 26 March 2015 - 03:31 AM.

• ThirdEyE, DisorderlyMechanic, eth0 and 3 others like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

It's extra amazing to see an infil thinking they're clever until you plotz them dead in one shot.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I wish it also had the EOC repeater as alternative primary.... #EOCBattleTurkeyMasterRace

/me runs

Edited by shosca, 26 March 2015 - 04:03 AM.

• CraftyDus and Source_Mystic like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

It's extra amazing to see an infil thinking they're clever until you plotz them ded in one shot.

Lol this is so true. I consider this the ideal trollmech because of this. Nothing more satisfying than seeing a scout preparing it's extensive dance choreography around you only to be shot down before it even began.
  • ThirdEyE, 1uster and Jelooboi like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

AWESOME

turkey-mecha-lego.jpg

• DisorderlyMechanic, x9x8x7x and Xer06siX like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

AWESOME

turkey-mecha-lego.jpg

That is cool. Did you google battleturkey or did you build that yourself
  • Xer06siX likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I only googled mech turkey, I also found screenshot of G2 raider using it's ability but they weren't as fun.

Nope I didn't built it myself, buy I would have loved to !  :sad:

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Did anyone record the Thanksgiving event with two whole teams of battle turkeys? My ears are still ringing with gobbles.

I wish it also had the EOC repeater as alternative primary.... #EOCBattleTurkeyMasterRace

/me runs

fawken yawwwwwwwwwsss

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Did anyone record the Thanksgiving event with two whole teams of battle turkeys? My ears are still ringing with gobbles.

I know Merl and a couple of others said they did, but I never saw any videos posted. :(

EDIT: I'm thinking of the wrong event, was thinking of the Turkey hunt mode either on a War Wednesday or the Hawken anniversary, but regardless I want to see those videos.

Edited by DM30, 26 March 2015 - 08:27 AM.

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Yeah after making 6 separate builds on the g2 raider I can safely say the power surge, evasive device, and fuel converter combo is the best for the g2 raider's role. Although I put my own spin on it by using the composite armor with the basic fuel converter.

After losing about 30 some odd hours across all mechs during the bugs about a month ago I think I'm almost back up to 180 hours in the g2.

• CraftyDus likes this

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

yo someone make a video of how fast battle turkey can run with the right internals!

• crockrocket likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I like the Battleturkey, but I'd like it even more if it didn't have the bug (I think it's a bug) where the special ability breaks if you boost or dodge.

Also, just like the normal Raider, ADH never got around to making that adjustment they mentioned to speed up the reload rate for the Corsair - they forgot to speed it up when they increased the mech speed and reduced the TTK on the last update.  That would be a nice finishing touch.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Just recently started playing my Battle Turkey and loved every minute of it so far!

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

yo someone make a video of how fast battle turkey can run with the right internals!

I don't have a video of it but Loc, LE and I tested G2R against Raider and Scout with abilities active and G2R beat both.  It's both the slowest and fastest mechs in the game :)

• PoopSlinger, comic_sans and CounterlogicMan like this

oSpBaPA.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

And here I thought I was out of material for hyperspeed informationals.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I discovered earlier for myself that during G2 blitz a person can toss down a barricade and move past it before it deploys adding strategic possibilities. Just thought you guys might want to know

• PoopSlinger, ThirdEyE and -Tj- like this

hashms0a

hashms0a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
it's so difficult to pilot (for me with 180+ PING). Just I have it in the garage collection dust & getting rusty :).

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I just wished that the G2 Raider wasn't locked behind leveling up the Raider (a mech I don't even have yet).  G2 Raider sounds fun to pilot... Wish I had more time to pilot axes.  Curses!

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Does anyone have last night's bunker sg?

I just wished that the G2 Raider wasn't locked behind leveling up the Raider (a mech I don't even have yet).  G2 Raider sounds fun to pilot... Wish I had more time to pilot axes.  Curses!

Raider was one of the fastest mechs to level for me. It can rack up a lot of xp fast with the right team.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I discovered earlier for myself that during G2 blitz a person can toss down a barricade and move past it before it deploys adding strategic possibilities. Just thought you guys might want to know

Very cool, I hadn't thought of that!  Be careful with emp/ism/det/HE because I think you can still run into your own items with power surger active =/

oSpBaPA.png

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

I would like to step out of the shadows and declare here that I am and have been a G2R enthusiast for quite some time now. This is the first time my family will hear this from me, I think they have suspected me as being G2 for awhile.

I'd like to thank all the pilots that have been rekt by my G2R....it was and will continue to be very satisfying.

@poopslinger what is your !psr ?

Also can confirm that with evasive device, and power surger after a kill and with <50% hp the G2R is the fastest mech....if not it is still the scariest mech at those speeds.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 30 March 2015 - 11:51 AM.

• ticklemyiguana and LaurenEmily like this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Psr = 0.  Ashfire said he changed how psr was calculated Saturday though, so it could literally be anything now.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Cmon Tickle, you never play Battleturkey. I was giving props to the guys I regularly square off turkey to turkey.

Nonsense. I play every mech other than G2A and Rocketeer on the regular. It's just generally not beneficial to face you in G2R because you win at that.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 30 March 2015 - 12:20 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I would like to step out of the shadows and declare here that I am and have been a G2R enthusiast for quite some time now. This is the first time my family will hear this from me, I think they have suspected me as being G2 for awhile.

Welcome to the club, brave G2R pilot. You won't be judged here, fear not. 

It seems to be a rapidly growing trend and more and more people are bravely stepping out of the closet, It is such a common thing to judge what you don't understand but here we are more open-minded than that.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Welcome to the club, brave G2R pilot. You won't be judged here, fear not. 

It seems to be a rapidly growing trend and more and more people are bravely stepping out of the closet, It is such a common thing to judge what you don't understand but here we are more open-minded than that.

Edit: sorry for double post lol i don't know how that happened

Edited by LaurenEmily, 30 March 2015 - 12:34 PM.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G2R, Battleturkey, G2Raider, OP, killinest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users