- - - - - Mech Weapon

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Marxon1134

Marxon1134

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I've recently got back into Hawken and thought there was still something amiss since I was gone.

The thing that bothers me is that the Assault, SMC, and Vulcan trio is used on at least 3 different mechs in different order, Assault, Berserker, and Bruiser. There's also 3 mechs, Grenadier, Infiltrator, and the Vanguard, that all share the same secondary, same with 4 mechs sharing the TOW rocket, Assault, Brawler, Berserker, and Scout. I didn't even include the CRT Recruit because it's literally a reskinned Assault.

What I would like to suggest is that some of these mechs get different weapons put in to give them more variety. For example, the Berserker and Scout could have their TOW rockets replaced with a cluster micro rocket launcher with a charging mechanic to fire more shots in rapid succession. Either the Berserker or Bruiser could have their weapons changed to having a flak cannon, hawkins rifle, then either a heat cannon or seeker launcher.

TL:DR

Instead of adding new mechs to add new weapon types, change around the existing mechs that share the same pool of basic weapons and give them each something that's uniquely suited to their playstyle.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

DO NOT give the Berzerker the FLAK! If you have played a Zerker with the FLAK glitched, it is extremely powerful (but not Breacher level powerful)

• DemitronPrime likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

minefake

minefake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

DO NOT give the Berzerker the FLAK! If you have played a Zerker with the FLAK glitched, it is extremely powerful (but not Breacher level powerful)

What would be fun is if we gave it the miniflak. That and the abilitity would equal mad DPS.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

no flak on berserker.

too much DPS at once, especially with their ability.

Edited by angryhampster, 13 January 2016 - 09:27 AM.

Marxon1134

Marxon1134

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Guess you may be right, the zerker is already quite dangerous as it stands.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

im gona add that giving a bruiser a hawkens would probably not be good either, though id love that.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Make PN-223 more frontloaded and add a couple more DPS then you have something that can be useful, not just on the tech.

I like the idea of a corsair mirv variant that will reload pellets at timed intervals and then release a full salvo, or you can rapid fire individual pellets by spamming secondary. No remote det, no lockons. Would work well charged up secondary with a flak and would also work well with more sustained weapons. Would love to see it teamed with improved PN-223, T32 or Breacher so you could vary your playstyle a bit with one loadout.

EDIT: Perhaps make these the secondary and alt-seconday rather than based just on click speed or manual charging. Oh and make them bounce unless they hit a destructible object.

Cheers,
6ixxer

Edited by 6ixxer, 13 January 2016 - 05:37 PM.

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Imagine if the Berserker had dual Mini-flaks.

• minefake likes this

What the Heca-

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

84085-seinfeld-shudder-cringe-gif-im-zgo

Edited by DallasCreeper, 13 January 2016 - 08:10 PM.

• Bergwein likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Make PN-223 more frontloaded and add a couple more DPS then you have something that can be useful, not just on the tech.

I like the idea of a corsair mirv variant that will reload pellets at timed intervals and then release a full salvo, or you can rapid fire individual pellets by spamming secondary. No remote det, no lockons. Would work well charged up secondary with a flak and would also work well with more sustained weapons. Would love to see it teamed with improved PN-223, T32 or Breacher so you could vary your playstyle a bit with one loadout.

EDIT: Perhaps make these the secondary and alt-seconday rather than based just on click speed or manual charging. Oh and make them bounce unless they hit a destructible object.

Cheers,
6ixxer

i dont know what this is but wana play it, like, G3 Raider gimi

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Lets not call it a raider for a minute, what other ability could this be?

Grenadier G2 (A or B class) - 'Mini-Nader'

PN223, Reflak/Breacher?

Prestige: Heat/Rev-GL?

(ok it should have an explosive damage weapon to go with ability, but I just want another mech with PN or Breacher)

Secondary main mode single mini-nades that travel faster than regular nades

Secondary alt mode fires a cluster of 4? mini-nades with longer reload time.

Simillar ability to increase explosive damage for a short period.

EDIT: Just remembered G2s only have one primary. Lets go with B-class and rev-GL to justify the name.

Now, what to do with the rest of the weapon ideas?

A-Class 'Renegade' (noun. a person who deserts a party) lol

PN-223, Reflak

Prestige: Breacher

Mini-nade secondary

Ability: Movement does not appear on radar (too raider-ish? Allows some risky ambush/flank moves)

Edited by 6ixxer, 13 January 2016 - 11:09 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Hmm, Imagine a sneaky alpha-strike with revGL, Grenade cluster and pop ability.
Follow with Det or HE.
[drools]

Edited by 6ixxer, 13 January 2016 - 11:10 PM.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Lets not call it a raider for a minute, what other ability could this be?

Grenadier G2 (A or B class) - 'Mini-Nader'

PN223, Reflak/Breacher?

Prestige: Heat/Rev-GL?

(ok it should have an explosive damage weapon to go with ability, but I just want another mech with PN or Breacher)

Secondary main mode single mini-nades that travel faster than regular nades

Secondary alt mode fires a cluster of 4? mini-nades with longer reload time.

Simillar ability to increase explosive damage for a short period.

EDIT: Just remembered G2s only have one primary. Lets go with B-class and rev-GL to justify the name.

Now, what to do with the rest of the weapon ideas?

A-Class 'Renegade' (noun. a person who deserts a party) lol

PN-223, Reflak

Prestige: Breacher

Mini-nade secondary

Ability: Movement does not appear on radar (too raider-ish? Allows some risky ambush/flank moves)

im just thinking about how this would work on a fleeing mech, like, as soon as they break LoS, they are gone, that and perfect scanner counter.

-M1lkshake

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I do not agree with giving classes multiple primary varieties. When ADH removed free weapon selection (before Closed Alpha released,) the reason ADH gave for this is they wanted to avoid players min/maxing and having the end game dominated by only a few builds. However, this happens anyway, just on a smaller scale. For example, I think most people will agree Flak Cannon Scout is the best Scout by far. Also Slug Rifle Sharpshooter, Vulcan Grenadier, and so on.

I would rather have one of the following:

o Classes have only one primary weapon.

o Classes still have three primary weapons, but only from one weapon type. Like how the Incinerator only has Rotary Cannons for primaries.

As for secondaries, while I would love more unique secondaries for existing classes to make their class roles more distinct, for balancing issues I think it would be easier to create weight-specific stat variations on the existing secondaries. i.e. Light/Medium/Heavy TOW. We already have something like this with the Reaper and Sharpshooter, and it works great! Their secondaries have the same function, but the stat differences completely change the feel and approach to combat of each class.

minefake

minefake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I want scout to have corisar.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

renegade could be like* a scout with corsair... Kinda.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Problem with messing with the mech weapon loadouts is the complete fething mess that is the coding around it. Apparently it even would take the old dev team, those who made the mess in the first place, several months to just make it much cleaner and less of a mess.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
Just some weapons bad combined with abilities, and some abilities make some weapons imba. Like Vulcan gren. His ability not bad with rev and heat, but it added so much dps for vulcan. The same with bers and SS. But if bers have some good points with AR and SMC, SS for example, use only slug, because it best way to use his ability, and better than amsar/SA, because don't have a spread. It makes different weapon combinations don't have a sense. Like predator with T32, it is not bad mech, but it don't have a sense cuz breacher give him mixed range fighting ability. And even with corner fight, breacher has higher potential damage than T32.

But some mech still have a good point to use different weapons. Brawler, Assault, infil, Vanguard, Raider are also viable with different weapons combinations.
Just some balance between weapons make some loadout useless in general, also, some weapons working different on A- and C-class, cuz heavy mechs have a worse crosshair "shaking" while walking.

Slightly balance can help made it better, and made all weapons combinations on mechs sucessfull and usable. But we still need wait first devs update in any case. Than ask devs about slightly fix balance issues. =/

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Philantrophe

Philantrophe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I managed to accidentally glitch the Vulcan on the predator. It was overpowered.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Papa Bear Pred... not OP at all

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
would love to see PPA gameplay on a Fred/assault.
Curious how long can that PPA shoot with their ability.
Probably still not enough to be viable.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I think the one that got me drooling was when i accidentally weapon glitched  the tbolt xt onto my tech... overheating was a fuzzy bunny but damn dude. sooo much fun until i got blitzed

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

TL:DR

Instead of adding new mechs to add new weapon types, change around the existing mechs that share the same pool of basic weapons and give them each something that's uniquely suited to their playstyle.

There isn't enough weapons in the game to even do that.  There really needs to be more weapons in the game, what we have now is pretty pathetic as is evident by the number of mechs sharing the exact same combinations.

I think HugeGuts has it right with how the Incinerator works.  There needs to more variations on theme when it comes to weapons in Hakwen, i.e. different types of Assault Rifles, SMGs, with slightly different mechanics, and not just a big one and small one (Flack and Mini Flack).

Edited by AxionOperandi, 23 January 2016 - 01:59 PM.

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I think HugeGuts has it right with how the Incinerator works.  There needs to more variations on theme when it comes to weapons in Hakwen, i.e. different types of Assault Rifles, SMGs, with slightly different mechanics, and not just a big one and small one (Flack and Mini Flack).

Looking through the "un-released assets" topic on this board makes me think ADH was working on this. Here are paraphrased examples:

- Primary Weapons -

MAG Pistol -  Lowest rate of fire with highest damage (assumption)

Rapid Pistol - Highest rate of fire with lowest damage (assumption)

Burst Pistol - This is the PN-223 and is probably meant to be the "in-between."

Tri Seeker - Lower rate of fire with higher damage.

Heavy Vulcan - No info.

Slug Rifle V2 - No info, just a model.

- Secondary Weapons?! -

Grenade Launcher V2 - Grenade that detonates on impact.

Grenade Launcher V3 - Six small grenades that are very bouncy.

I don't think this is the Rev-GL, as a Rev-GL that can shoot six grenades at once or explode on any contact would be... ...well you know.

Homing Missile V2 - "Fires several volleys of missiles." Multiple and separate lock-ons?

Homing Missile V3 - "Fires all homing missiles at once, hold fire then let go to begin homing." Missiles that home in on where your crosshair points?

I don't think this is the Seeker, as only Hellfire Missiles shoot multiple missiles. There is the Tri Seeker, but it has a completely different function.

Missile Launcher V2 - Faster, lower damage missile with proximity detonation.

Missile Launcher V3 - Three low-damage rockets in rapid succession (that probably do a lot of damage if all three hit.)

This has to be the TOW. There is no V1 Missile Launcher primary weapon. Maybe the Seeker, but the Tri Seeker already exists and has a completely different description than these Missile Launchers.

EOC Predator V2 - Chargeable mine layer that shoots mines in a spread pattern.

Sabot and KE Sabot V2 - Multiple zoom modes.

Repair Torch V2 - Heals beyond maximum health.

Edited by HugeGuts, 25 January 2016 - 10:55 AM.

• DeeRax likes this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

That "MAG pistol" thing sounds cool.
Give me a "gunslinger" mech. :pirate: (I guess slug SS/Reaper are sort of like that already..... You know what I mean though).

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 25 January 2016 - 12:31 PM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

WE NEED A LIGHTNING GUN

IT SHOOTS A RAY

MAYBE IT AUTOLOCKS?  MAYBE YOU HAVE TO AIM.

I WANT MORE BEAM WEAPONS

• LaurenEmily and DeeRax like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

As a long-time fan of Godzilla movies, I agree with anyone who says they want to put a lightning weapon in a game.  When Mechagodzilla or Ghidorah would shoot their lightning attacks... so cool.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 26 January 2016 - 07:26 AM.

• DeeRax likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

As a long-time fan of Godzilla movies, I agree with anyone who says they want to put a lightning weapon in a game.  When Mechagodzilla or Ghidorah would shoot their lightning attacks... so cool.

Help me, I can't stop correcting people. 

Edited by DallasCreeper, 26 January 2016 - 05:11 AM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

As a long-time fan of Godzilla movies, I agree with anyone who says they want to put a lightning weapon in a game.  When Mechagodzilla or Ghidorah would shoot their lightning attacks... so cool.

Help me, I can't stop correcting people. 

Dear gawd, how did I do that so wrong.  I'm not a dummy, I promise I know the difference between "lighting" and "lightning".  Maybe it was an autocorrect or some major motor skill failure.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Looking through the "un-released assets" topic on this board makes me think ADH was working on this. Here are paraphrased examples:

- Secondary Weapons?! -
Grenade Launcher V3 - Six small grenades that are very bouncy.

I likey, I likey a lot.

I had an idea to have a secondary like this on a Grenadier v2 or Renegade concept. but my idea was that you had shotgun mode like this, or alternate mode would fire quick singles.

Missile Launcher V2 - Faster, lower damage missile with proximity detonation.

I like this and think it would definitely suit newer players. Perhaps put this on Fred to make him worthwhile.
  • DallasCreeper likes this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

game is balanced weapon wise thats my opinion

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I likey, I likey a lot.

I had an idea to have a secondary like this on a Grenadier v2 or Renegade concept. but my idea was that you had shotgun mode like this, or alternate mode would fire quick singles.

Is the "quick single" mode you have in mind a burst like the Pneumatic Nailer, or just fast-ish Secondary ROF like the EOC Predator?

Edited by DallasCreeper, 27 January 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Need to better spread out the few weapons Hawken has that are actually cool and hip.

Namely the pnuematic nailgun, the explosive ordnance chain repeater, and the grenade revolver .

Edited by CraftyDus, 27 January 2016 - 09:36 AM.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Is the "quick single" mode you have in mind a burst like the Pneumatic Nailer, or just fast-ish Secondary ROF like the EOC Predator?

its like pairing the Corsair with the Rev-GL.
All 6 in your face at once or you can rapidfire individual nades while adjusting aim in between.
I really wanted a mech that had a secondary that was switchable burst and sustain, whether that be a hellfire variant or grenades.
nades get mirv or singles, no remote detonate
hellfire get lockon multiple or rapid dumbfire singles (lockon may need to be automatic like rocketeer turret or just behave like laser guided/seekerish given the alt fire button would change mode to singles)

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

its like pairing the Corsair with the Rev-GL.

Sweet biscuits kiss your A class's goodbye.

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
balanced of course...

but I agree, faster RoF secondary would be PITA to dodge. Perhaps they all have Rof purposely above the Dodge cooldown.

...we have SAARE and EOC-Pred that don't have the same delay though so perhaps I should have said 'nade shotgun with alt-fire like EOC-Pred but they bounce and no proximity/manual detonation?

Still not great for flying A-classes (where Tow and GL benefit from airburst). The Rev-GL is arced grenade trajectory where EOC-Pred fires straight. Mix them together and that's kinda what I was thinking. In fact on the Grenadier G2 (mini-Nader) they have one primary and I wanted to have something that pairs well with the Rev-GL in terms of RoF and trajectory (like Heat + Tow), just with balanced amount of damage.

With DPS on the low side it would be better for new pilots overall as they miss more tows, etc and hopefully not OP when compared to a good pilot with traditional secondary.

Edited by 6ixxer, 27 January 2016 - 10:33 PM.

jack_sparow

jack_sparow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hmm...i just wish can change right hand weapon..thats all

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

tumblr_mk8hyhmjbO1qf2zyko4_250.gifslime grenades!

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

..and mini-nukes..

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Give Zerker EOC XD.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mech, Weapon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users