You can buy a CIV, but you can't buy SKILL

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

(PS4)Erased4Ever

(PS4)Erased4Ever

• PlayStation Members
  • 12 posts

It's just ridiculous how op this thing is. They can have simultan 30 Mines on the ground, while 7 of them are deadly for a scout. 8 for the most of the other A classes. 

Everyone complains  about the fact that CIVss got no nerf since months.

I get butthurt that this game was about skill when it came out. 

I don't even get an answer why this thing is not getting patched.

The even more messed up thing is: Turrets get an upgrade at 3 turrets and all other items get stuck to 2. Why? 

Because they want to help noobs to get some kills, buff turrets to make them happy. I want to see one of the devs playing the game properly. 

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I want to see one of the devs playing the game properly. 

This is the most recent thing I could find(PC Hawken with Console UI and features, IE not live PC)

• DemitronPrime likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
CIVs are toast at range

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

CIVs are toast at range

This is precisely the issue I have been banging on about for months. The Civ, at higher tiers, is functionally defenceless. Its EOCs will never hit a moderately skilled opponent enough to be worthwhile. But at lower levels? Where players are new to the game and can't move properly? It's the next best thing to a Golden Gun.

It's horribly unbalanced and needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

hold spacebar to fly over mines. Win.

• dorobo, Merl61 and TangledMantis like this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHORTNAMEGAME

SHORTNAMEGAME

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

hold spacebar to fly over mines. Win.

I like your name. :) Holds spacebar, get hit by 5 hellfires. 

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

harryhausen_flying_elephant_too_big.gif

• DieselCat and Gueber like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Everyone complains  about the fact that CIVss got no nerf since months.

this is why console hawken should have aim-helper

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts

this is why console hawken should have aim-helper

I feel like that wouldn't help. My thinking is that when I'm trying to dodge around out of your line of sight, Id have to be careful not to get my reticle stuck on you so as to not ruin my movement. I feel like teamfights would worsen this phenomenon. Of course there is a varying level of aim-assist you could employ to alleviate that but I just can't imagine it working well enough. As I think about this, it sounds totally against the mobility mechanics offered in Hawken but I'm no expert on game design

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I feel like that wouldn't help. My thinking is that when I'm trying to dodge around out of your line of sight, Id have to be careful not to get my reticle stuck on you so as to not ruin my movement. I feel like teamfights would worsen this phenomenon. Of course there is a varying level of aim-assist you could employ to alleviate that but I just can't imagine it working well enough. As I think about this, it sounds totally against the mobility mechanics offered in Hawken but I'm no expert on game design

Maybe do something so that the lower a players MMR, the larger the target's hitbox is.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

The good news for aim assist is that the dodge trajectory is pretty well locked in once you've fired it off.

IMO the movements of a reasonable aim assist are subtle enough that they would be fine in Hawken. You shouldn't be pulled by more than a few degrees, which isn't really going to matter much outside of 3000 MMR super fights.

The question of if that would solve the civ problem or just make hitscan/sustain stuff too strong is harder to answer. You think hellfires on bunker are bad? Try perfect-tracking hawkins brawlers. Aim assist needs to be reasonable if it is implemented.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 27 April 2017 - 11:00 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I hope they'll take the same stance that Adhesive took on this subject back in the day when it was about the existing controller support in PC.  "We thought about it and experimented with it and decided, 'No, we won't have controller aim assist.'  It messes with the skill we intended to be such a great part of the Hawken experience and the turn cap  already helps alleviate the discrepancy between mouse and thumbstick."

• Nept likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users