• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I've been curious about this mech lately.

gedes.png?raw=1

This is all I can find on it, taken from the Hawken update video thing that came out a while back.

So with that shield symbol, it looks like it's intended for defense. The ability icon seems to imply some sort of accuracy boost. 

think the secondary is a TOW Rocket. As for the primary... my guess is that it's gotta be the Breacher or, interestingly, the Redox. 

The other mechs shown in this video have come out by now, along with quite a few that weren't shown at all. But aside from this intriguing glimpse, we've had no news on the Gedes. Does anyone have input on this? Was it just unbalanced and got relegated to the back burner?

• Bergwein and Gueber like this

This signature is under construct

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Nice find never even knew that video existed.

10 months a go.

https://www.reddit.c...promised_mechs/

Edited by Gueber, 08 May 2017 - 05:18 AM.

• Chaplain5 likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

It's also worthy of note that the only new mechs released thus far have been B or C class, except for the 36m.

Just a stretchy guess on my part - are heavies harder to balance?

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

C-class with Breacher & TOW and an accuracy boost?

No, thanks.  :sweat:

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

C-class with Breacher & TOW and an accuracy boost?

No, thanks.  :sweat:

Indeed, that's one reason why I'm inclined to think that it's the Redox.

This is just my opinion, but I'm inclined to think that a Support-oriented Heavy with the Redox wouldn't be half bad.

• 6ixxer likes this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

It's also worthy of note that the only new mechs released thus far have been B or C class, except for the 36m.

Just a stretchy guess on my part - are heavies harder to balance?

I seriously doubt this is why.  The real factor deciding how many of each class can be added is how many unused models are left over from the previous developers.  Reloaded has yet to produce any of their own assets, who knows if they even have a modeling team.

Edited by Morquedeas, 08 May 2017 - 08:58 AM.

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I seriously doubt this is why.  The real factor deciding how many of each class can be added is how many unused models are left over from the previous developers.  Reloaded has yet to produce any of their own assets, who knows if they even have a modeling team.

They are a team of like 6 people, 1 of which isn't even working on the game from what i can tell, so if they do have a modeling team, its going to be 1 person.

I've been curious about this mech lately.

gedes.png?raw=1

This is all I can find on it, taken from the Hawken update video thing that came out a while back.

So with that shield symbol, it looks like it's intended for defense. The ability icon seems to imply some sort of accuracy boost. 

think the secondary is a TOW Rocket. As for the primary... my guess is that it's gotta be the Breacher or, interestingly, the Redox. 

Looking at it, it looks a lot more like the Redox, but keep in mind that these icons are usually nothing like the actual mech, taking the charge, Nief, and even the Civ and Ord have mis-matching icons if i am correct.

The defensive icon may be correct, but the ability is just the rocketeer's ability icon, so it is likely a placeholder.

So in reality, we know that it is a defencive C-class mech... and that is literally it.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

For clarification, that's definitely Breacher.

96ad6e4612.jpg

breacher.png

redox-02.png

You just can't see the entire weapon, and this part looks like the end of Redox's barrel in the pic of Gedes

e8606ec1fc.jpg

Edited by JeffMagnum, 08 May 2017 - 01:58 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

For clarification, that's definitely Breacher.

96ad6e4612.jpg

breacher.png

redox-02.png

You just can't see the entire weapon, and this part looks like the end of Redox's barrel in the pic of Gedes

e8606ec1fc.jpg

Unless it's stats are absolute trash, I foresee combining 2 of the strongest weapons in the game to be incredibly unwise on a high armor mech.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Unless it's stats are absolute trash, I foresee combining 2 of the strongest weapons in the game to be incredibly unwise on a high armor mech.

personally, i don't think that C-class with breach+tow is needed in game, just because it is definitely can kill a flak-brawler role. 
as for "high armor mech", Gedes actually can have a super slow speed, ~600hp and 1.8 sec dodge, it is not the same like a use breacher on pred.

i mean, i don't know how RLD balance it, but it is possible that Gedes which use strong weapon combo can pay "so much" cost for this, and suffer so much in all other mech stats. obviously, if this thing have a 800 hp and the speed equal vanguard, it will be imba, doesn't matter which weapons combo it will use)

as i remember correct, 1 a-class (mobi), 1 b-class (hon), 3 c-class (gedes, falum, c1) are unreleased.
total amount of mechs/chassis in hawken: 10 a-class mechs, 11 b-classes, 11 c-classes.

Edited by nepacaka, 08 May 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The Gedes has placeholder weapons and placeholder mech stats as well as a placeholder ability. Don't expect it to be remotely balanced.

Edited by CZeroFive, 08 May 2017 - 03:11 PM.

• Merl61, JackVandal, Epsilon_Knight and 1 other like this

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

The Gedes has placeholder weapons and placeholder mech stats as well as a placeholder ability. Don't expect it to be remotely balanced.

Thanks for letting us know. :) Can you say anything about plans for the Gedes? Is it on the back burner or might it be released by the PC relaunch?

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Gedes special ability is placeholding.
  • DallasCreeper likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Gedes special ability is placeholding.

1500 armour, 1-damage weapons, extremely slow speed. Ability shifts the mech into immobile turret mode for ±80/-40 damage reduction. Pressing ability again either shifts the mech out or, if targeting a friendly mech, teleports it to switch places with it so that a mech that can actually do something is present.

A Placeholder.
  • (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

1500 armour, 1-damage weapons, extremely slow speed. Ability shifts the mech into immobile turret mode for ±80/-40 damage reduction. Pressing ability again either shifts the mech out or, if targeting a friendly mech, teleports it to switch places with it so that a mech that can actually do something is present.

A Placeholder.

waitwut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users