Photo

PC servers to be shut down. January 2, 2018.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Keji for president !

I'm sure he would do a much better job than the current " Moron " in office.

Well said Keji  :thumbsup:  

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

In fairness, 2017 is going to be a big year for Hawken.

It just won't be big in the way we hoped or expected when told as much.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Hawken was the reason I invested in a new graphics card, new mouse and a new keyboard. Loved the game, loved the small community for some time. Great matches, great moments, great atmosphere this game could deliver - but let's be honest, only sometimes ;)

A pity there is absolutely no replacement in view for us. A pity that servers and game is centralized managed. Would have paid a lot of bucks for a normal non-F2P version.

• Guns_N_Rozer, MomOw, Pandabaron and 2 others like this

axxoe

axxoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Salute Pilots ! axxoe here from the EU servers 

As i was doing my weekly checkouts on the game and on the forums, everytime with more hope that i'de read an announcement something like like ''new update'' or ''official release'' or ''new mechs''. .. i get to read this horrible news ''PC platform Sunset Announced'', . such a sad and cold ending for a GREAT GREAT game that i've enjoyed and put countless hours in.

Its been such a great fun playing this game along with an awesome community, thank you for the games guys really , that adrenaline rush and the daily dose of hawken. ... Also a special thanks to the devs.

*** HAWKEN WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART *** 

(my 6 years journey has come to an end)

December 17 2012 - 05:20 PM  Code for 3-day-XP-Boost: NEWRECRUIT

Edited by axxoe, 06 October 2017 - 06:09 PM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and Pandabaron like this

caduceus26

caduceus26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

"You hear that Hawken PC Community?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death... Goodbye, Hawken PC Community..."

RIP! Hawken is the only game I really became invested in (time and $$$). Stuck with it through all the hiccups, empty promises, (including big $$$ loss of MC during the conversion), and disappointments. Will miss the community and all the people I met from back in 2013 when I discovered the game.  Studio and dev team? Not so much.

• DingdongJR likes this

U235

U235

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

GGWP Pilots. More pain everyday... the indoctrinate win the fight... the war is not yet over.

This is really disappointing. Its not that I cant handle the news, it's the fact I literally started playing 12.12.12 on the launch date. I am not bragging. It was a great trip these last 5 years. This is just childish. 

By far the gp was way ahead of its time. It was spotlighted on the Nividia website for the use of the PhysX engine. Yes,the graphics become less relevant daily. But come on... Watching these guys give up from Adhesive to the transfer at 505 has been like watching a lion in a really small pen at the zoo. 

They placed us all front seat into unrivaled mech gp and they're cutting us off like we did something wrong. I don't even know where to go with this. Everything else from this point on is going to be complete knock-off BullS***.

Titanfall tries on the XBOX consoles. PS4 keeps trying with a bunch of B/S. This game was really good and the small community of PILOTS with a lot of great attitudes made this game more of blast than anything. My hats off to everyone I've played... There's to many to list... 

For all of the input everyone has contributed on the Playhawken.com website, I'm really disappointed. These guys didn't say what the issue is financial problems, time constraints, bloody-mucus stool whatever... Taking away an underground paradise for an elite group of oh so specific and detailed gamers we kept running is F***ing disgusting. Every time something good disappears, some kind of slap in the face generic B/S shows up. To say I'm pissed is an understatement, but I will stay down... I will stay down for ever! 

I put down many a 40oz playing this, lit up many a cigars, and blunts rolled. I want the DEVS to know your new work might pay the mortgage but it will not impress me. 

Go watch anime, eat sushi, and play cos you idiotic worthless piles of wannabe vaginal discharge. ( to 505 and their sympathizers)

Edited by U235, 07 October 2017 - 02:58 PM.

:D

PeanutFox

PeanutFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Easily my favorite FPS.  I'm sad to see it go :sad:

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Suddenly c05 is totally mute. Cmon man, let’s see those updates you ensured us were in development and due for release in the near future. You know, the ones the devs were working so hard on.

Edit: what’s probabaly going to happen is that pc will be shut down, efforts will be put into console only, and once that platform is polished, they will port that over to pc and announce an official re release based on that.

Or the console will flop too and Hawken will just die and go to the abandonware graveyard.

Edited by TangledMantis, 07 October 2017 - 05:36 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Suddenly c05 is totally mute. Cmon man, let’s see those updates you ensured us were in development and due for release in the near future. You know, the ones the devs were working so hard on.

Edit: what’s probabaly going to happen is that pc will be shut down, efforts will be put into console only, and once that platform is polished, they will port that over to pc and announce an official re release based on that.

Or the console will flop too and Hawken will just die and go to the abandonware graveyard.

yes, mocking c05, a guy doing his job, seeing the game he's been working on for more than a year, just get shuttered.

clearly you've taken the moral high ground

• 6ixxer likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

yes, mocking c05, a guy doing his job, seeing the game he's been working on for more than a year, just get shuttered.

This isn't about a moral high ground, it's about point out how much we've been lied to and that CZeroFive is yet another face that was lying to us the entire time.

He's been telling us that good things are coming, things are in the pipeline, they've got plans, Hawken is where it needs to be for them to build upon it, all that crap. And yet here we are looking at the end of the PC version that feels like CapnJosh was forced to post on here after the news was discovered on Facebook. 

It also isn't like 505 Games/Reloaded has this reputation of being a piss poor development studio just barely above the status of being an asset flipper and we totally weren't warned about this exact process from the APB: Reloaded community when the IP was first purchased...

We were played. CZeroFive knew it. CapnJosh knew it. The "Mech Mods" knew it. Tiggs knew it. Everyone involved with the "development" side of this game knew it. Otherwise where is all this great stuff we were promised? Where is all that hard original work we've heard about? Why is everything released just repurposed existing assets cobbled together to make something newish? 

In March of this year I sent CZeroFive a private message asking what the hell was going on, why were there a bunch of in-game issues and exploits not being addressed, and stuff like that. I got a response back saying that he and Reloaded were working on a bunch of stuff he knew/hoped would impress me, that things take time, patience will be paid off, and in the end I'll see that they've been working on something great for Hawken and specifically the PC side of the game.

October 2nd I sent him a message telling him exactly what I thought of the situation, Reloaded/505 Games, and the lies we've been told. Two days later he read it but hasn't responded.

For someone who cared an awful lot about this community, Hawken, and seeing Hawken reach its potential it's amazing how no one from Reloaded or 505 Games has anything to say beyond the "we tried" message about shutting down the PC version to focus on the dumpster fire console version.

I don't know how anyone can look at everything that's happened since Reloaded got involved with Hawken and think "You're being too hard on the developers" just days after announcing the PC version is getting shut down and remember, 2017 is gonna be a huge year for Hawken.... 

No one is saying to attack them, harass them, or anything like that. We're just calling them on their bull fuzzy bunny and obvious lies.

• DerMax, hellc9943, DieselCat and 3 others like this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I'm glad I don't have to read your stupid ass posts anymore silver. You were always such a worthless child.

wmmoney.png

Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Sad to see the game go down :(

I got myself my computer 2013 and had only played rpgs, and tried many fps games, none were fun i thought. Then i stumbled on Hawken when it was released on steam and i went nuts.

It had everything i wanted from an fps, and i spent 1000 hours first year just playing hawken. I loved it so much but life happened and i had to play less, but i could always get some time during the weeks. When the update finally came this year it bugged me, it did not feel like hawken, and i tried to play but could not find any games with other players in eu. Graphics got worse and menues were all over the place. That was almost the nail in the coffin, but apparently it hit the last nail by itself. Such a shame on such a good game :(

Still have not found an alternative that feels as rewarding to play.

• DieselCat and Pandabaron like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

U78FPAi.png

• MomOw and LoC_TR like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

U78FPAi.png

Nice dartboard 

*+

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Josh did nothing wrong why are you guys so mean. Rate my josh's.

Potato Josh

h2x9OhW.jpg

Pepe Josh
1hPC5Sp.jpg

Almighty Time Lord Josh

He1bEvB.jpg

Edited by Gueber, 08 October 2017 - 12:45 PM.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xjei

xjei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

This isn't about a moral high ground, it's about point out how much we've been lied to and that CZeroFive is yet another face that was lying to us the entire time.

I have this strange feeling that C05 only gets hate because he was a face at all. I found that C05 was quite nice. He continued staying the face of hawken even thought he dislikes it (he said it in the community stream). I just dont think the tried to deceive us since it would not add up with things he has done in the past. After all he is just a coder and effectivly had no power over the direction of the project.

• Luaq, Chickin and DingdongJR like this

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I have this strange feeling that C05 only gets hate because he was a face at all. I found that C05 was quite nice. He continued staying the face of hawken even thought he dislikes it (he said it in the community stream). I just dont think the tried to deceive us since it would not add up with things he has done in the past. After all he is just a coder and effectivly had no power over the direction of the project.

This is why I referred to him as simply another face. Chances are as a person he's an alright guy but the unfortunate nature of the situation is I don't know the person behind the name CZeroFive, I just know the account that has been posting lies for months and months now. 

Yes he's just a coder and chances are has zero pull in Reloaded but that doesn't change the fact that things clearly were never happening for the PC version of the game. These updates CZeroFive has told us are coming, the content he said would impress me via private message, anything that isn't just crapping out the console version of Howken onto the PC, where is it? 

The other side of this too is that Reloaded has followed the exact path the APB: Reloaded community told us was gonna happen. Shuffle around existing assets to make something that seems new, release it, rinse, lather, and repeat until that well runs dry. The consoles haven't even seen actual new content either. Everything released came from Adhesive in some form and was just slapped together by Reloaded to shove out the door. 

For months now the PC version has had next to no one playing so it makes sense to pull the plug there first. We know the game so you're not gonna fool us by going "Hey look at this new mech which has nothing new about it!" The reputation of Hawken on PC is also garbage outside of this community and that's being generous. The consoles are a completely clean slate with a new audience that can be suckered with their formula a bit longer. The good thing here is Adhesive didn't have that much in the development pipeline so the well Reloaded can draw from is very limited. 

My long winded point is that even if CZeroFive is a good person he still works at Reloaded and Reloaded is a fuzzy bunny company from top to bottom. Personally I'd rather seek employment elsewhere than work at a place like Reloaded or anywhere that does business in a shady manner and I say this as someone who has walked away from a job because I didn't like the idea of trying to rip people off for a profit as a service writer. My current job I'm not that fond of and I wouldn't step up to be the face of the company and lead customers on thinking we're going to do something there's no intention of doing or anything.

So this is the bed that CZeroFive has made for himself. He works at a fuzzy bunny company, he acted as the face of said fuzzy bunny company, helped spread the lies of the fuzzy bunny company, and now is being lumped in as part of the fuzzy bunny company.

It isn't hard for him to ignore the forums either. Reloaded has already done an outstanding job of that and he's doing it as we speak. If he comes here to read this then he's bringing it on himself but it's very clear Reloaded cut ties the PC community the day that update was posted saying the PC version is getting shut down come January. We won't hear or see from them again unless it has to do with the console version and even that I doubt they will address because that's a sinking ship too with not much longer left on the market. Next summer is my guess but by the end of the year at the very latest.

• DieselCat, Pleasure_Mortar and Sorroritas like this

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Some favorite images and items of mine that will remind me of Hawken after it's long gone...

Spoiler

• DieselCat likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Edited by 6ixxer, 11 October 2017 - 04:56 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'm glad I don't have to read your stupid ass posts anymore silver. You were always such a worthless child.

The end of Hawken bringing out the deepest darkest enmities in the community, funny thing is, I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  I'll believe it's sarcasm.

I'll miss you too, Wm!

Who's next?

There's literally no point left for discussion. It's all nostalgic reminiscence that'll do nothing for emotions, rants that will fall on deaf ears, insults that fall flat because said insulter has a pitiful foundation to base them on.  Why are we bitching and whining and begging for something when it's been clear for a very long time regarding the inevitable?

Edited by Silverfire, 09 October 2017 - 12:02 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

those-happy-tears.gif

• DieselCat and Pandabaron like this

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

There's literally no point left for discussion. It's all nostalgic reminiscence that'll do nothing for emotions, rants that will fall on deaf ears, insults that fall flat because said insulter has a pitiful foundation to base them on.  Why are we bitching and whining and begging for something when it's been clear for a very long time regarding the inevitable?

So, pretty much the same as the years before?

Festivals end, as festivals must

F161

F161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It's been a pleasure. 799hrs according to herokuapp, 1300hrs according to steam... Yet, time not wasted. Cheers.

Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Rz1zI9g.png
  • SparkyJJC, hellc9943 and Chickin like this

"Go pro, it's worth it"

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

The end of Hawken bringing out the deepest darkest enmities in the community, funny thing is, I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  I'll believe it's sarcasm.

I'll miss you too, Wm!

Who's next?

hawken will be sustained forever by the sheer force of community hatred

Spoiler

d1eZeG3.png

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Even though I stopped playing a long time ago, because I couldn't take the BS from Reloaded/505 anymore, I'm here to say I'm gonna miss Hawken – not the piece of feces that the Howken patch was. 

I wish we could somehow cobble together a server and run Hawken. I even have a pre Howken backup on my disk, so I'm ready should anyone be able to pull it off.

Edited by Pleasure_Mortar, 09 October 2017 - 08:10 AM.

• dorobo, DieselCat, Charcoal and 1 other like this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

So, here we are. The final blast that puts a definitive end to an everlasting dying game. It's sad and relieving at the same time.

Hawken was my first FPS game ever, as I am more into other kinds of games. It still has the taste of the tea I was drinking the first time I played in spring 2014 (it was a raspberry flavored black tea). I met neat people, discussed in the forum, joined a clan, took part in competitions, did some art… Heavies, Hellfires and Nades finally became my trinity. About 1,600 hours later, I remember nothing but tons of fun. Now, it's time to say goodbye.

gg

cu

• Pandabaron and Urine_Trouble like this

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.png hkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

These conversations from this small but dedicated community will live on for eternity...also waiting for the book.."The Rise and Fall of Hawken (or what is takes to screw up an awesome concept) " ...then on to the book rights for the film ..."An American Gaming Tragedy" 

Years from now, those of us that were here, will remember the day they decided to pull the plug.

*+

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

*SCREECHING* 

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Sorry you never got that Mini-Nuke you wanted so much. 

• DerMax likes this

*+

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Some favorite images and items of mine that will remind me of Hawken after it's long gone...

Hawken%20Group%20Photo.png

Black%20Steel%20Brotherhood.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

DER3Z_5.jpg

The Brotherhood lives on in all of us. 

Hail to our brothers. Hail to our comrads. It was a time spent well.

• Luaq, Charcoal and CosmicCasey59 like this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

well it was fun. i bought the comic series, book, and card games on ebay a while back. figured this was coming so i wanted some memorabilia. anybody have any of those old hawken trucker hats they wanna sell me?

at least i still have the console version to play.

• Luaq likes this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

This is why I referred to him as simply another face. Chances are as a person he's an alright guy but the unfortunate nature of the situation is I don't know the person behind the name CZeroFive, I just know the account that has been posting lies for months and months now. 

Yes he's just a coder and chances are has zero pull in Reloaded but that doesn't change the fact that things clearly were never happening for the PC version of the game. These updates CZeroFive has told us are coming, the content he said would impress me via private message, anything that isn't just crapping out the console version of Howken onto the PC, where is it?

C05 doesn't deserve your anger.  He began (and continued) communicating with the community only because he cared.  And although he wasn't compensated for his efforts, he outperformed his predecessors. 

This wasn't some grand screw-the-community conspiracy.  The PC numbers were abysmal; Reloaded execs made the duh decision and pulled the plug, thereby extinguishing any extant development plans.  C05 probably wasn't informed until recently, and then what was he to do?  Break his contract by breaking the news? 

We're all upset, I'm sure - some more than others.  But let's not badmouth the guy who went beyond his job description to engage our community.

• Silverfire, Neraste, Call_Me_Ishmael and 5 others like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

C05 probably wasn't informed until recently, and then what was he to do?  Break his contract by breaking the news? 

This.  Keji, don't shoot the messenger; he is under contract. I wish he hadn't elected to nerf the Scout for The Sunset of Hawken, but I don't believe he deserves any kind of vitriol, in fact, we should recommend him for his next employer as being a lot better than anything else we'd seen here.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

C05 doesn't deserve your anger.  He began (and continued) communicating with the community only because he cared.  And although he wasn't compensated for his efforts, he outperformed his predecessors. 

This wasn't some grand screw-the-community conspiracy.  The PC numbers were abysmal; Reloaded execs made the duh decision and pulled the plug, thereby extinguishing any extant development plans.  C05 probably wasn't informed until recently, and then what was he to do?  Break his contract by breaking the news? 

We're all upset, I'm sure - some more than others.  But let's not badmouth the guy who went beyond his job description to engage our community.

This. CZ never had to do any of this. I honestly think he was pushing the red tape as far as it would let him. 

Just imagine for a moment if the mech mods (Or god forbid Tiggs) kept being the community manager up to this point. Might as well ban anyone with a dissenting opinion. 

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Why dd I have the feeling that Hawken for consoles is going to die too?

Shut down the PC crowd and the console will just become another generic piece of junk like everything else and will eventually die.

schwanzlurch

schwanzlurch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Why dd I have the feeling that Hawken for consoles is going to die too?

Shut down the PC crowd and the console will just become another generic piece of junk like everything else and will eventually die.

priorities! ...companies have 'em ^^

RKqczsh.jpg

• DingdongJR likes this

BkIvUun.gif

~  schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der  ~

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

In which we get no pleasure out of seeing it coming.

I wonder if this was worth it for them.  Did 505 actually profit here?  Guess it doesn't matter.

I had wanted to do a going away SSSDM, but with how 505 fuzzy bunnyed the matchmaking even more (how naive we were) I'm not sure I could even join it.

This game, back in the day (subject your own personal "day" here) made me feel engaged in a way no other FPS or really any game ever has.  This was one of the few games where I was happy to see most of the names I recognized in random matches, and I'm sad to see it really go.  Some of my favorite memories:

- Being camping tools that one round of the 3v3 tournament

- Any SSSDM where I didn't get totally creamed in at least one match

- General VVarhawken's beautiful rant about how he was spending all the remaining social security funds on videogames and vacations

- When ashfire owned me with the MMR April fool's prank

- Pretty much any thread with arguments

- Hamburger

- Those days on NY servers with a ping of 12

Seeya later, nerds.  It's been swell.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

posting for posterity

haven't played in ages except for the awesome massive matches event before the pc update to console version

Hawken helped get me through some fuzzy bunny a few years back and has a permanent spot in my "think happy thoughts" mind box

gg wp l8tr n00bs hf

be excellent to each other

• DieselCat and comic_sans like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Just remember the good bits...

It's either that, or curl up in fetal position and suck thumb until the men in white coats take you away...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users