HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Alternate Secondary Weapons

Forum

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Alternate Secondary Weapons (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that each mecha should be allowed an alternate secondary weapon_

1. Yes, that would be great. (136 votes [71.58%])

Percentage of vote: 71.58%

2. No. (54 votes [28.42%])

Percentage of vote: 28.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 27 2013 - 01:31 PM

I like the idea  !!!

Posted Image

#22 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yes so i can get rid of those buggy HF on my rocketeer and switch it to a tow or gl.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#23 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 06 2013 - 02:08 AM

It will be awesome but at the same time it could make balancing more difficult for the devs, but im all for it.
Posted Image

#24 BioToxiic

BioToxiic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted August 05 2013 - 03:50 PM

lol an image of an SS with dual SABOT

#25 Pwnzsolo

Pwnzsolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 05:49 AM

I'm torn on this one. Though for those saying the mechs secondary is their identity I'm not sure I agree with this. If each mechs secondary was exclusive to only them then I could see what your saying. But truth to be told, as it stands now, the abilities are the only things that separate any mech from another. As to them being OP with another weapon...Im not sure just having another weapon would make them OP...it would depend on which weapon was paired with which mech...changing them in a match while alive would be OP but just being able to switch your mechs loadout shouldn't cause that many problems. Also it would be a simple matter of changing some numbers to give a mech a disadvantage if they used their alternate weapon...like lowering their dmg with that weapon...or the spread of it...or the speed of the mech all together as if the weapon was to heavy for that mech. If the devs at Hawken choose to do this I'm sure they would come up with a way to balance after a bit of testing.

#26 VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 07:41 PM

It would be cool to pick between say Hails and a TOW, or TOW and a GL, but nothing crazy like a FLAK and MIRV scout. it would have to be varying on the Mech and Mech class. I would love to have a TOW on my bruiser instead of skillfires, or a GL on my Berserker

#27 VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostBioToxiic, on August 05 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

lol an image of an SS with dual SABOT
:)
Posted Image

Edited by VYR3, December 03 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#28 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 04 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yes, especially because weapons and abilities are no longer the only unique thing about a mech now that base stats and tuning options differ.

I would love a bruiser with a tow rocket instead of hellfires (god I hate using those things).

#29 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted December 04 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm sure this is a great idea, but wouldn't this lead to more OP builds_  If they locked out certain weapons to certain mechs, then yes I would go for this.

#30 Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted December 04 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostSmirkingRevenge, on February 24 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

I'm going with a no on this... there are classes, and they all come with different weapons.  If you want a different weapon you pick a different class.

Whats to say that if you picked an Infiltrator, and you swapped the grenade launcher out for a TOW launcher... why didn't you just pick a Berserker_
Because the two have different abilities and don't have the same specs_ Mechs are mechs, a machine, you can always change some pieces. especially in a post apocaliptic lost on some other planet world where technology is even more advanced than us what could possibly be in the way in changing an arm weapon for another, if we do it on one side.

Why not two vulcans or a vulcan and an assault rifle_ Or a vulcan and a sniper_ .just WHY NOT_ If i want to build a turret with regen armor with two vulcan why not_ WHY NOT_ :P
Don't forget to check your oil, believe me you don't want your launcher to jam !!

#31 Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted December 04 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on December 04 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

I'm sure this is a great idea, but wouldn't this lead to more OP builds_  If they locked out certain weapons to certain mechs, then yes I would go for this.

if there are OP builds, build yourself one that will eliminate that popular build. It's called anti-meta
Don't forget to check your oil, believe me you don't want your launcher to jam !!

#32 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted June 02 2014 - 07:54 AM

Well, at least someone has the same track as me. Although we don't have enough standard secondary weapons to do this yet, I'm sure something like this will be implemented. #Towisoverused #Vulcanisoverused

Made a thread about weapon diversity (and some other stuff):https://community.pl...ts-suggestions/

#33 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted June 02 2014 - 10:02 AM

Also https://community.pl...d/page__st__840

I'm not sure about the balancing issues it's kick up, but I don't see why you couldn't have a weapon mod for each one. Just something simple. Already suggested a tracker bullet (for Sabot maybe_), flash effect for TOW...

It'd be a lot more feasable.

Posted Image

#34 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 02:05 PM

Granades!!!! On every thing

#35 AndiNaga

AndiNaga

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 05:57 PM

ive noticed in alot of topics, people are saying no, if for only to say it may become OP,
also even if they do add prestige secondaries it's unlikely that will take away that mechs identity,
your more likely to buy a mech, based on the mechs ability not necessarily the secondary weapon,

now think about it, if having an alternant or a prestige secondary im sure the Development team will balance it,
i think it would enhance game play if for nothing else then to give people options on how they want to play,

Edit-
spelling sorry,
Also sorry for earlier rant,

below link for my Poll about duel primaries,

Edited by AndiNaga, July 07 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#36 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 06 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostPhysicsCrime, on December 04 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I would love a bruiser with a tow rocket instead of hellfires (god I hate using those things).
I already have one: Assault.
This is exactly what is mentioned much earlier in the thread, about creating duplicates of another mech already for sale in the garage, defeating the intent of the devs in providing those different mech loadouts, and confirms my opinion agreeing to a "No" vote.

On a side note, does anyone keep track of a "Longest Active Topic", by category or Forum section_ Enquiring mindz wanna know...
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#37 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted July 06 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hellfires are great if you know how how to use them,

And, Yes. Would be great.

Hmm.... What would a tech unlock_

Edited by Z3roCool007, July 06 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#38 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 07 2014 - 04:11 AM

View PostZ3roCool007, on July 06 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Hellfires are great if you know how how to use them total sh_t if you know how to dodge them,

Fix'd.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#39 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 07 2014 - 04:51 AM

HEAT cannon shot to left, dumbfire to the right. Choose which death to dodge into.
Just MHO. I personnally think this move works faster/better with a Scout. But then this was about secondaries.
Dual HEAT cannons. Scary!
I seriously doubt the devs will consider universally changing the secondary loadouts other than for G2 mods.
OMFG a genuinely OP A-class!  Scout-G2! Dual HEATs! Provided they aren't nerfed into stupidity as the first Assault-G2 was...
Dev Alert! Dev Alert!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users