HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Facility Update: Patch Notes

News Game Patch

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#41 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm happy to see some of the changes: detonator nerf, a skinned map(!), etc.

Add me to the group concerned about the health/TTK changes and lopsided benefit. So what if mechs would face overheating troubles when taking down a C Class_ They're the slowest, biggest targets out there. I'd prefer it if lighter classes needed help to quickly take down a C class, or a prolonged tactical fight to do it 1 on 1. That would make the Cs feel substantial.

I suppose the heat balance may come down to how poorly some mech load outs perform next to the highest damage dealers, though. Either way, we will see how it plays and hope.

Global TTK increases, like adding health, exacerbate the struggles of the sustained fire builds while minimally impacting the burst monsters. Wouldn't specific weapon adjustments be more effective - or outright changes to what weapons are available to each mech_

#42 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:22 AM

It's 6am and I am, indeed, fussy. I appreciate the update, though. There are spots of community feedback being implemented, numbers provided, and hopefully great game optimizations. Thank you for the ongoing effort, HWK. :)

#43 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:31 AM

Screenshot of the map looks gorgeous. The canyon reminds me of Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner. :D

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#44 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted May 04 2013 - 04:24 AM

• Increased all mechs starting armor by 50.
    • Designer's Note: We wanted to increase time-to-kill (TTK) for all mechs and decided on a flat rate over a percentage. With a too much of a percentage, trying to kill a Type-C mechs would push overheating limits. If we made the percentage too small, Type-A mechs TTK will still be too short. We'll be watching for player feedback and gameplay data to determine if this first step towards a TTK sweet spot is in need of tweaking in future patches.
Appreciated first step.  Must choose path carefully.

Light armour boost: +10%
Medium armour boost: +7.4%
Heavy armour boost: +5.7%

Change not benefitting classes equally.  Lights net beneficiaries.  Heavies net losers.  Again.  

Issues with heat are separate.  Class health advantage remains inadequate compensation for lack of mobility and massive hitbox.  Above changes exacerbate problem.  Change needed to be straight percentile.  (Rounded to nearest non-ugly integer.)

#45 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:40 AM

If you give them a 10% increase each, rather than a flat increase you get this:

A: 550
B: 743 (technically 742.5, but the game rounds up)
C: 935

Those numbers could easily become:

A: 550
B: 740
C: 930

Notice how there's actually a visible pattern_ You still get an equal increase of health (a difference of 190) between the classes.

Supposedly running into heat problems when trying to kill a C class is a bad thing. I think it's actually a step in the right direction. Players need to be encouraged to manage their heat generation effectively, and I know this is an important game mechanic. Notice how the CR-T given to every player has an ability that reduces heat generated. This was intended to give new players who haven't quite figured out heat management, a fighting chance. Please try to promote intelligent play, where players have to think about and deal with all the risks and consequences.

#46 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostHouruck, on May 04 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

Screenshot of the map looks gorgeous. The canyon reminds me of Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner. :D
Beep! Beep!

Posted Image

#47 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 04 2013 - 06:46 AM

Given how long it is between balance patches, I really feel the TTK adjustments should have been made in a smarter manner than the same flat bonus to all classes.

It's not that hard to adjust them individually.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#48 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:42 AM

each mech getting 50 health, shield buff, AND repair orb nerf!_

I'm liking this.

I don't know how the 50 health thing will pan out since it gives the A classes the largest %, but that's what betas are for :D
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#49 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostScapes, on May 03 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

• Audio tweaks including impact sounds, radio chatter distortions, and more.

Do the impact sounds include getting hit by the EOC_ That weapon has been silent for far too long.
Posted Image

#50 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostSilk_Sk, on May 04 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Do the impact sounds include getting hit by the EOC_ That weapon has been silent for far too long.

I'm really hoping for this. EOC is pretty much the most evil weapon in the game..

- Highest burst damage out of all the primaries + Half of the secondaries
- Projectiles are nearly invisible on some maps
- Projectiles are completely silent while traveling through the air
- No impact sounds
- Mine spam EVERYWHERE

I can't take anyone seriously who uses this weapon and thinks they have any semblance of skill.
I lose all interest in playing the game when I have to deal with obnoxious players who do nothing but use this weapon. It's really that unpleasant.

Edited by Umbre, May 04 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#51 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:15 AM

General Improvements
  • Added taunting to post-match results screen. Press "G" to Mech Taunt and "H" to Holo Taunt. Additionally, press "Spacebar" or "Left Shift" to fire up your thrusters.

Finally you all shall be witness to my sexy default Taunts and random Holo Taunts! (when you view most deaths section that is)

#52 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostUmbre, on May 04 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

I'm really hoping for this. EOC is pretty much the most evil weapon in the game..
- No impact sounds
- Mine spam EVERYWHERE
I can't take anyone seriously who uses this weapon and thinks they have any semblance of skill.
I lose all interest in playing the game when I have to deal with obnoxious players who do nothing but use this weapon. It's really that unpleasant.
Concur.  With shiny gold k-n-o-b-s on.  It's a Secondary weapon with an identity crisis.  "Take only one Secondary weapon to the party_  Not me!  I pack an EOC and take two!"

Had EOC watershed moment recently when piloting CR-T.  (Not played since.  Not owing entirely to EOC.  Burst in general.)  Rest of team were EOC Raiders & Infils with Flak Scout.  CR-T had final score 1-3-28.  Sustain can't keep up.  Ridonkulous.  Waftycrakers.  Bomkers.  Etc.

Edited by waftycrank, May 04 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#53 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:27 AM

View Postwaftycrank, on May 04 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

- No impact sounds
- Mine spam EVERYWHERE
Concur.  With shiny gold k-n-o-b-s on.  It's a Secondary weapon with an identity crisis.  "Take only one Secondary weapon to the party_  Not me!  I pack an EOC and take two!"

Had EOC watershed moment recently when piloting CR-T.  (Not played since.  Not owing entirely to EOC.  Burst in general.)  Rest of team were EOC Raiders & Infils with Flak Scout.  CR-T had final score 1-3-28.  Sustain can't keep up.  Ridonkulous.  Waftycrakers.  Bomkers.  Etc.
That's another problem I have with this patch.

Sure. They're increasing the TTK, but they've done nothing, absolutely nothing, to address the fact that burst is highly superior to sustained damage.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#54 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:29 AM

I personally feel the TTK adjustment is a positive thing, too often you get killed almost instatly when you just peak your head out, this is supposed to be a game where you can take a substantial ammount of damage without dieing and right now it really isnt.

The only adjustment I might suggest is increading re-spawn time a bit in order to add weight to not dieing and force people to play a bit more smart.

Hopefully this will promotoe more direct confrontation instead of having thoes teams that just sit back at a distance and spam missles, grenades and sniper fire.

#55 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:49 AM

- No impact sounds
- Mine spam EVERYWHERE

Not to mention getting hit shows you are actually hit from the opposite direction from where you were actually hit

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#56 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 04 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postwaftycrank, on May 04 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

- No impact sounds
- Mine spam EVERYWHERE

That's another problem I have with this patch.

Sure. They're increasing the TTK, but they've done nothing, absolutely nothing, to address the fact that burst is highly superior to sustained damage.

Burst isn't exactly a pronounced as it was before, have you tried the SMC nowadays_
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#57 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:07 AM

Oh, want to know something funny about TTK_

I've done the calculations and even with the detonator nerf, an EOC Raider can still instagib an A class in one alpha-strike.

EOC: 180 damage optimized to 193
MIRV: 210 damage optimized to 226
Detonator: 140

Total: 559
If using HE Charge instead of Detonator, Total: 594

The A class when optimized for maximum health has: 602

Unless the A class is optimized, it will be obliterated instantly. An optimized A class likely only surviving for about 1/2 - 1 second longer.

#58 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:15 AM

Exactly. It's a specific problem, not a global one.

#59 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#60 Phos

Phos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostGuiotine, on May 03 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostPhos, on May 03 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

you guys still won't just surface the raw numbers.

because none of the below show the actual values changed.

Mechs
  • Increased all mechs starting armor by 50.
Customizations
  • Holo Taunts
    • Increased duration from 7 to 10 seconds.
Items
  • Blockade
    • Decreased armor from 1000 to 750.
    • Increased duration from 13 to 15 seconds.
  • Shield
    • Increased damage absorption from 300 to 350.
  • Detonator
    • Decreased damage from 155 to 140.
Ok how about raw damage and heat numbers for every weapon in the game_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Game, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users