HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Patch Video

Game News

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted September 02 2013 - 01:31 PM

They will probably be released in anytime between now and 2-3 hours from this post

#162 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted September 02 2013 - 01:35 PM

in Russia has been like an hour on September 3

[HWK] Hughes, tell me whether there is any error information "ran out of video memory", will it be fixed_
As many have this problem, and in fact, it makes it impossible to play НАЩКЕИ. The problem is not dependent on the video card, or RAM, and is on an absolutely different configurations, consequently, a problem in the game itself, rather than the operating system or computer.

#163 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 02 2013 - 01:49 PM

Notes are live.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#164 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted September 02 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 02 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Notes are live.
Whoa... finally!! Thanks a ton Hughes!! :)
Posted Image

#165 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted September 02 2013 - 03:40 PM

del

#166 Toppien

Toppien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 09:44 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 02 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostMidnight_Wyvern, on August 31 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostXionos, on August 31 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Of course they can make improvements to the old HUD. I just wish they would keep it with the style of Hakwen. Hawken is supposed to be a dirty Future type setting, not everything is pretty, and our Mechs are held together by Grit, Ducktape, and Dreams.

The new interface seems too clean and digital, looking almost like High-Sci-Fi. I'm not saying we can't have things like the healthbar; but we need to keep the Aesthetic feel that fits in with Hawken. This isn't just another FPS shooter OR another Mech game.

The new cockpit also lacks several of the old readouts that our old cockpit had, no Altimeter, Accelerometer, or Compass. All that stuff wasn't just screen clutter, it was part of the charm of Hawken.
At the end of the day, though, what matters most is playability.

This new HUD gives you the information you need more clearly and with less "visual noise", to make for a less distracting and more precise experience.

I'm honestly fine with it.  It now has a nice blend between just gauges in the cockpit, and what looks like a cheap hack job someone did in a helmet visor to give more data.  Doesn't look futuristic enough to me that it breaks the feeling the game has had up to this point as far as tech level.

This is one of those cases where a priority was made on function over form and was a decision made by the art and design team to make that information easier to read, detaching it from the shaking that happens with the cockpit to help reduce gameplay fatigue. The art team also wasn't able to make armor and fuel easier to read and still keep a cockpit looking like a cockpit. We would love to give more options to the player, allowing users select the style themselves and customize the HUD but that's work on UI, design and art that we have not had resources for unfortunately so it's on the backlog for us at the moment.

but...but... wha_!! you can reduce the shaking in the options menu... i still dont understand why you do that >_< T_T

#167 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 03 2013 - 02:13 PM

wow September 5th launch! that is close :D :D
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#168 Ace_Noir

Ace_Noir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 03:42 PM

It certainly is an cool looking Patch and I'm liking the content that their adding (the unlockable chasis pieces in perticuler) but I'm honestly going to miss having the entire HUD on the cockpit dashboard. If the HUD for health and fuel that I saw are optional and the readings can still on the dashboard if wanted then that would be a nice thing in my books. They may have been a little small but it felt better to me aesthetically, then seeing those floating bars which in my opinion could be rather distracting from the fight. I know it's critical to look at your health but it just seems to draw my attention instead of what the mechs are facing down in the video.

Well, those are my thoughts anyway, but when the patch comes out it may be a whole other story when I'm looking down the barrel of the your guns.

#169 theassassinguy59

theassassinguy59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 11:24 PM

the colour green, IN HAWKEN
*mindblown*

#170 Mondrake

Mondrake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 06:37 AM

can somebody tell me how equip elite parts on my CRT _ i have pilot lvl 30 max rank my crt and showing parts are unlocked but when go to style so parts isnt here completly missing :(

#171 DarknessShinobi

DarknessShinobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationin your basement

Posted September 28 2013 - 12:29 PM

nice!
Hope to see' ya around!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic