HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Delete Bunker from the map rotation and fix it

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like Bunker_ (102 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Bunker in it's current state_

1. Yes (53 votes [51.96%])

Percentage of vote: 51.96%

2. No (49 votes [48.04%])

Percentage of vote: 48.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 01 2014 - 04:52 PM

Which one_ :D
We have three now:
1) added column
2) added underground floor
3) delete this sh-t and create a pretty town-map, like I asked since last years. But community wants something "unique".
Want unique_ Shut up and play on @Bunker with tonnes of hellfire XD

Sometimes, the simple things is better...

#42 Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 05:19 PM

I like 1 and 2 and would be happy to see either.. better yet, do both. I mean if you're gonna change a map, may as well make the change exciting

#43 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:19 PM

Add gutters leading out of each of the 4 sides of the bunker heading to the four sides. Make them deep enough that a mech standing inside won't be seen, but make them as wide as the entrances of the center bunker. Heck, add tunnels heading for each of the four yellow hemisphere bunkers and have them lead to the central bunker. There. Topside remains hellfires and sabot land, and TOW/GL users can move around without fear of being slammed by a million rockets.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#44 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:08 AM

Add gutters leading out of each of the 4 sides of the bunker heading to the four sides. Make them deep enough that a mech standing inside won't be seen, but make them as wide as the entrances of the center bunker. Heck, add tunnels heading for each of the four yellow hemisphere bunkers and have them lead to the central bunker. There. Topside remains hellfires and sabot land, and TOW/GL users can move around without fear of being slammed by a million rockets.
^ this :3
all of this!

to be honest, I still do not understand why people like it. people say: "we don't love LostEco cuz it bad."
but u like bunker which more, more, more, more worse than lostEco (actually losteco have a more trees/clifs). and now people say. "we love Bunker cuz it pretty"
fuzzy! where is the logic!_

people, what wrong with you_ i don't understand...maybe i'm gone mad_

Edited by nepacaka, April 02 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#45 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:15 AM

Bunker feels and looks uninteresting.  No foilage, no broken cars, no floating rock.  
It would be fine for a training map or offline TDM or Coop map.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#46 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:26 AM

Bunker is my favorite map. I always play with my Reaper or Berserker.
LEAVE MY MAP ALONE :c
Posted Image

#47 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostBreech, on April 02 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

there are any reasons why it is not necessary to make this map more playable for other mechs, and not only for the Berserks, snipers and rocketeers_

#48 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:04 AM

I like bunker with infiltrator, it's fun to pitch grenades over the terrain.
I like bunker in the raider for the challenge of blitzing at the rocketeers and rocking them out of their comfort zone.
I like bunker in the predator, and using the unique cover to flank.
I like bunker in the crt-rcrt & assault, imagine myself in full-on at-st hoth mode.
I've enjoyed bunker as a tech and a gren supporting teammates and keeping close.
I also enjoy bunker of course, in a sharpie or reaper.
I never play bruiser or rocketeer, I can't speak to if they are fun to play on bunker (for those that play them, I understand they like it).
I like bunker like I like my coffee. I like my coffee.
And I like Bunker. In a box with a fox.

I've logged miles of eye rolling over the years in different games in other gaming communities over map preferences.
It comes down to personal taste.

#49 FLes

FLes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:34 AM

I don't understand the point of this thread. What exactly is wrong with bunker_ No cover_ It's full of hills, and there's bunker in the middle. And I love bunker map.

#50 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:35 AM

I had a simple solution; basically grab bunker's center like a tablecloth and pull it up some, giving the map a cone shape.  Plenty of room for underground things and absolutely minimal changes.  Or, allow access to that one bit outside the map we saw the incinerator perched on before the map was released and we found out it was a tease.

#51 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:43 AM

Bunker is by far the worst map in the current rotation.  

It feels like half a map, that was rushed to hit a deadline, just before the cool and essential stuff like cover was added in.  

For example.....where is the Bunker ___ There is a half finished AA in the centre of the map, but that's not a bunker by any definition i know.

and when people post "I always play X mech on this map" then you know its un-balanced.

It's a real shame, as the map looks great and has clear potential, but it's currently a hell-fire and sniper playground. Infiltrators can do well if they stick to the outside and don't get auto locked by hell-fires, but anything else is going to struggle.

Houruck is right, more cover is needed.  This must be an easy fix _  

Put some crates in the middle between the missile silo's for one.  
Just like the stack of crates on the wreckage map, between silos 2 and 3.  
You should not be able to see a silo from another silo, and it would give an approach direction for mechs and make the outer trench the flanking option.

Would that really be so difficult _
After all the stack of crates is already created and in wreckage map, just drop one in between the silo's and instantly better map.

nepacaka is also right, the map need something more interesting... an actual bunker would be nice.  
Facility and Origin show how well tunnels and underground sections can work.

How about the half finished AA in the centre having tunnels leading to the silos _  A bit like facility S1 and S3, it gives another dimension to the map. Verticality has always been a strength of Hawken.

But this sounds like a harder / longer fix, but would be very worthwhile.

Fix the cover first, it would make such a difference.

Bunker now is just MEH !  (unless of course you main Rocketeer / Bruiser / Reaper / or Sharpshooter... then it's WOO HOO !!)

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

#52 FLes

FLes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:56 AM

View Postkazuya989, on April 02 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

(...)
It's a real shame, as the map looks great and has clear potential, but it's currently a hell-fire and sniper playground. Infiltrators can do well if they stick to the outside and don't get auto locked by hell-fires, but anything else is going to struggle.
(...)

I have no problem playing it with my Assault / G2 assault and Raider. And I never had any problems with avoiding snipers or hellfires. You have to know how to move around hills on that map and use them to your advantage.

Btw, I'm talking about TDM / Missile assault, don't know about other modes.

Edited by FLes, April 02 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#53 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:12 AM

What exactly is wrong with bunker_ No cover_ It's full of hills
Spoiler

i know, u can play on @bunker on Grenadier, but if you take favorites like roсketeer , you'll just be much more effective than gren, and kill moar enemies!

And I never had any problems with avoiding snipers or hellfires.
maybe you just did not fight with a rocketeer who shoot HF with parabolic trajectory, or shoot HF like i draw on pics_

Edited by nepacaka, April 02 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#54 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:19 AM

View Postnepacaka, on April 02 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Spoiler

12/10 would look again. You got extra points for including the KGB and the almighty Baba Ji :D

#55 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:37 AM

also, Bunker have a huge disadvantages in MA.
first - size
lostEco and Facility are identical (i mean places of Silos), but have bigger size. On Bunker i can traver from S1 to S2 on Brawler about 5-7 second, and spent half of my fueltank. On lostEco i need 2.5 full fueltank (and more time) if i traver from S1 to S2 on my brawler.
See the difference_

second disadvantages - u can't take and controll all Silo on map. Yes, it's possible if u play against totally noobteam which have summary mmr = -1000.
But i'm talking about MA with equal skill enemies. When u take 3 Silo. Enemy hust start respawn on your silo, behind you :lol:
do you think it's not stupid_

if increase map scale in 1.5 times, MA problem will be little solved. imo. and very easy increased map scale. but i'm not sure about textures scale...

Edited by nepacaka, April 02 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#56 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted April 02 2014 - 08:18 AM

View Postnepacaka, on April 02 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Spoiler

How can I love you more_  Baba ji and the KGB are clearly in cahoots, it all makes sense now!

Totally renaming my infil to Baba Ji btw... or should I do my tech_  That's more of a love guru.

Edited by comic_sans, April 02 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#57 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 08:26 AM

View Postnepacaka, on April 02 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

View PostBreech, on April 02 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

there are any reasons why it is not necessary to make this map more playable for other mechs, and not only for the Berserks, snipers and rocketeers_

Dude, many other mechs can still do a big difference. Assaults in a group are butthurt. The tech is like always useful. Not every map should be like "Hey, pick every mech you want". I don't wanna see the damn Vanguards and/or Grenadiers all the time. I play Origin -> Say hello to grenade spamming. I play Uptown -> Say hello to the Brawlers and Vanguards.
Posted Image

#58 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:44 AM

Assaults in a group are butthurt
just smc is strong =)

the only difference is that almost all the maps you always have plenty of hiding places near (trees, barrels, walls). In most cases, the missile can not overcome them with parabolic trajectory.
But the bunker very few covers, and in most cases, you can throw rockets with parabola and these covers can not save you from them.

there is a difference
- You had the chance, but you did not use it
- You have not had a chance

+ situation with C-class dodge now. evade HF rockets with this almost impossible now, 95% u get a damage.
if you think I'm wrong, record video and send to me, where anybody successfully evade 10 HF in a row on C-class. and then I would agree that I am absolutely wrong. and shall agree that the Bunker is an excellent map, and it's good right now, with lack of covers/shelters.

Edited by nepacaka, April 02 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#59 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:50 AM

All yes voters are secret Baba Ji KGB Rocketeer-loving spies.

#60 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 12:58 PM

View Postnepacaka, on April 02 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

I dunno, why isn't it necessary to make Wreckage more playable for Reapers, Sharpshooters, and Rocketeers_ Try playing SS on Wreckage and see how long it takes for someone to tell you to quit screwin' around and help the team.

Not all mechs are good for all maps. That's a good thing. It means there's variety in the game.

View Postkazuya989, on April 02 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

For example.....where is the Bunker ___ There is a half finished AA in the centre of the map, but that's not a bunker by any definition i know.

There's bunkers all over the map. They're just sized for people, not mechs. Nobody said it was a mech bunker. :)

Edited by PhasmaFelis, April 03 2014 - 10:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users