HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Tips and Tricks Thread

Beta Community Game

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#61 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 14 2012 - 05:55 AM

I have made changes to my vid in order to have better visibility on the text and have added 2 installment.
here is the link to my thread.
http://community.pla...ips-and-tricks/

I have also noticed you can get all your mech stats simply by hovering over the little icons under the description box.
so you can remove the link to my previous thread as it is obsolete.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#62 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted November 15 2012 - 02:37 PM

Om nom nom (is stealing info for wiki) :D
http://hawkenwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by Phaaze, November 16 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#63 sega1

sega1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted November 16 2012 - 12:25 AM

Much useful information.Shall watch.

#64 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostMVRS, on November 10 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

woah i didnt know the TOW can be air bursted... (and im level 15 alrdy, FML LOL )
  That's what we got this thread for.  Nice to see it's helping out ^_^
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#65 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:53 PM

Well, CBE3 should be out now (just installing). Just had a little break from the forums but i'm back. If anyone is having trouble installing:
http://community.pla...-to-december-6/
and
http://community.pla...o-cbe3-servers/
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#66 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:51 PM

Well, just had a look at the CBE3 mech shop and it turns out we get new stuff, including weapons, a new mech for each class, and more details on the bonuses you get for weapons leveling :D. Also, some internals have a tradeoff associated to them, so they may add more damage resistance, but it will cause reduced speed (armor defensive internal). I'll update the thread accordingly when I get some playtime in :D

EDIT: PS. Bruiser mech gets vulcan :D

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 20 2012 - 08:53 PM.

Posted Image
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#67 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 05:08 AM

Okies, just been playing for a while and most of the stuff still applies, just ignore the stats for now XD.

I'll add the new weapons in later, but mechs, items and internals are updated
Posted Image

#68 ScHizNiK

ScHizNiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 22 2012 - 12:01 PM

Dodging then hovering will cover more horizontal space where as moving forward and boost jumping gives you more vertical travel.

Posted Image

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

#69 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:47 PM

Updated. Good to see some tips coming through with the new closed beta

Here's the updated weapons chart. Again, this is based off ingame garage weapon stats. I've got the stats from DarkPulses older posts in the same spreadsheet, but I'm waiting to confirm the stats first. Effective DPS = DPS * (Accuracy / 100), Overheat Time = 100 / Heat Rate

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it includes the weapon level bonuses

Posted Image

EDIT 2: Original Post also includes new weapons sections
EDIT 3 (really arnie_): Also adding small tutorial videos, etc., explaining tips. There's only 1 or 2 atm, but I'll be recording and adding more later (got a lot of old Fraps videos to process, lol). Just look for the URLs like this:
(video)

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 22 2012 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:47 AM

Something I want to yell out to some dolts out there about dashing/boosting.

Dashing, makes you stand out like a sore thumb on the radar. If anybody's nearby, it's an invitation to a fight. If they are in a group, it's an invitation to carve your turkey ass open. This often isn't a problem in Siege or Missile Assault, the sides of the map are clearly defined and beelining for the objectives is what you should do. And it's unlikely that you're alerting your enemies to spring an ambush on you.

Team Deathmatch is a different matter altogether. You need to have some decent awareness of the map. If you just spawned, then decided to dash all over the bloody map looking for a fight... well you mongrel. Cut that out. You blare up on the radar, people know you are coming and you are likely not going to have a good initiative for a fight. Also running into someone just as your fuel cuts out is a rather silly thing to happen.

Though if someone just walked past you, well feel free to run him down. Better if your mates are around to join you.

I feel its better to start a slow trek towards your mates. And they should do the same. Once a red marker shows and one of you have engaged, well its the cue to fire those boosters up and hopefully you are close enough. And the fact you were split up kinda works towards your advantage - often you and other reinforcements would be coming in from a variety of angles, setting up for a good flanking riposte, which can outweigh the initial outnumbered disadvantage.

And if you are the one caught out alone and outnumbered, it's best not to be a foolhardy bastard and feed yourself to the slaughter. Play the rabbit. Buy some time. Your mates will arrive(unless they are such dullards).

Conversely, if you've got yourselves grouped up and holed up, watching over a chokepoint or two, well it can be good to send a challenge to the other side and start making some noise. This can backfire, you might find yourselves flushed out with an organized attack.

Even without Teamspeak or direct communications, you can achieve some decent level of teamplay just through sheer sensibility. Look at that radar, read the flow of battle. See a mate dashing away from a red blob_ You're nearby_ It's obviously cue to fire up your boosters, dash past your mate and slam into the pursuer. And chances are he's somewhat weakened. You get the kill, your mate gets the assist.

Hawken ain't a meatbag FPS. You can't just expect to instakill 5 dudes in a row and pat yourself on the back.

#71 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:15 AM

XD, Was just gonna post about dashing and radar.

Anyways, here's some item recharge times (will update in original post soon)
MG Turret 1:10
Repair Charge 1:00
Radar 2:30
Radar Scrambler 2:30
HE Charge: 0:45
EMP 1:15
Detonator 1:00

Will find some more and test that out later

EDIT: added more

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 23 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Posted Image

#72 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:00 AM

Rocket turret is 1:10 too

#73 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:23 AM

And just to add another tip for Team Deathmatches. Even applies to Deathmatches too. Heck, applies to any bloody game in general. Sounds like common sense but....

Don't ever just fight to the death if you can help it. Denying kills is a huge part of playing a DM/TDM. Dying means that's +1 for them. Deny it as much as you can. And for those fussy about their statistics, it's one step towards a healthier looking K/D ratio.

Its a bit embarrassing to have most of your team do decent, dominate the scoreboards only to have one mongrel constantly feed himself to the grinder and cost the team its victory. If your K/D for that game is 2/8, you are doing something very wrong and you should start hiding behind your mates.

Discretion is the better part of honour.

#74 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:19 PM

haha, nice tips Dreizehn, updated ...
Posted Image

#75 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostDreizehn, on November 23 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Discretion is the better part of honour.
Valour

#76 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:17 AM

Gonna add another thing. Repair orbs. I find myself in games with repair orbs literally all over the bloody battlefield.

Those little health pickups will make all the difference in a fight. Pursuing someone_ Repair orb on the way_ Get on it. Basically where you take cover and the angles you pursue or flee should really revolve around the placement of these things. In constant ongoing melees, especially with classes like the Brawler, you want to stay in the bloody fight. And you can sometimes really surprise someone who thinks you are almost done for but bam, suddenly half your health is back.

#77 Westrim

Westrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAbove you

Posted November 24 2012 - 02:51 AM

I haven't been able to find a list of the xp requirement for each level, which irks me because I know I saw it somewhere. Can someone post it or link me to it_

#78 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostWestrim, on November 24 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

I haven't been able to find a list of the xp requirement for each level, which irks me because I know I saw it somewhere. Can someone post it or link me to it_

Hmm, will have a look into it. It used to be linear, now its more 'exponential'.

Also, the thread got a sticky. Thanks admins and AG staff!
Posted Image

#79 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 07:25 PM

Small tips on some random stuff, items, abilities and some weapons.

Random
It is possible to enter the enemy team's base. there's no invisible restricting wall or dead zone, you just gotta avoid the Point-D Turrets at the wall, and one just above the EU deposit area. After that, the turrets can't reach you. Best way I've found to do this is to just Boost through as quick as possible, or if you've got Infiltrator, camouflage before you get into the range of the guns and they won't fire at you. Don't do this though, base invasion (other word censored, lol) is frowned upon and I only did it when the other team emptied out at the end of a round to test this.

Items
HE Charge: looks exactly the same, and deals the same damage as the grenade launcher's mines. Did some testing on that last night XD
R Turret: Its relatively quieter and less obvious than the MG Turret.
Detonator: Damage approx = 160
Repair Charge: Health stored = 250
EMP: Lasts for about ~4 seconds

Radar Scrambler: Can stick onto walls, but for some reason you can kill your own scrambler

Abilities
Camouflage: Firing cancels camouflage, but you can still charge weapons like the heat cannon.

Weapons
Mini-Flak: from staring at frames from recorded videos and tests, I think its a 8 pellet x 2 (it fires 2 shots of 8 pellets one after the other really quickly) shotgun. It does 64 damage, so each pellet is only 4 damage. You gotta get in pretty close to make the weapon count

Heat Cannon:
a Uncharged shot point blank against a wall does no damage to yourself, but a fully charged shot does.
Approx amount of damage for a charged heat cannon = 125

Other than that, I'm working on a improved weapons chart based on some stats that DarkPulse provided before, but using ingame garage stats and a bit of analysis and testing. Cells/weapons in yellow (or no or 0 value) I'm uncertain of, and columns marked in yellow are CBE2 stats, so I'm not sure if the stats are different until I begin digging through the game once I figure out how to use the Unreal Tools lol. For the speed section, if its Hitscan ... its obvious

Spoiler

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 26 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#80 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:53 PM

Nice, i'll follow this
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users