* * * * * 1 votes Easy XP but low HC HC P2W MC XP

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

FURRYHUSKY1000

FURRYHUSKY1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

To be honest my only complain is that I earn way to much XP so easily over HC and my point is to balance it out :/ (3,000-4,000 XP and 90-180 HC is way off)

I guess that I'll be stuck with the ASSAULT and the Technician for awhile.

Edited by FURRYHUSKY1000, 05 June 2015 - 01:24 AM.

~FURRYHUSKY1000

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

To be honest my only complain is that I earn way to much XP so easily over HC and my point is to balance it out :| (3,000-4,000 XP and 90-180 HC is way off)

I guess that I'll be stuck with the ASSAULT and the Technician for awhile.

The thing about Hawken I think, is the lack of ability to continually release new things, like League of Legends for example, was it a new champ every month or seomething? 

In Hawken, there isn't much to vary between the mechs, but that's how this game was balanced.

But yes, more earning please, there is still items and internals to buy after the mech itself 

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

It was 20 at initial release and then Adhesive made it 200. It was 200 until the Half Price deals initially came out.

No, it wasn't. Reloaded Games made it 200 from 20. I can tell you that straight up and without a hint of uncertainty.

Also, it's back to 200. I just came from a match, changed teams and got 200 HC. I wish that I had screenshoted it now but I can definitely say that it's back to 200 HC.

Now everyone's happy and let's get back to the topic.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 05 June 2015 - 01:55 AM.

• Nightfirebolt likes this

FuzzyCupcake

FuzzyCupcake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

It would be more interesting if we had some examples of what you guys think is an appropriate amount of grind, how much HC do you want per round (or how much should mech/internals/items/weapons cost).

I'm sure that content would actually come out even slower then ADH did as even they figured out that promising a mech a month was unrealistic.

please keep in mind i have no opinion about this game yet as i just recently passed the one hour of play time mark :D and also im a bad typer and dont do punctuation so bear with me 

i feel 500-700 hours  to be max rank (700 free 500 with xp boost) is reasonable for any game  on other hand you should have extra cash (credits) to buy all stuff as soon as you unlock it so maybe things  take longer to unlock (not much point to unlock things you cant afford) 

owning all stuff within 700 hours as a free player is reasonable and still will give incentive to buy stuff if your hooked within a few hours and simply dont want to grind for this long anything beyond 700 hours is too much even for a person like me who puts several thousand hours into games i like 

***ok i have a short opinion of the game playing fully rested for a few match (kind of tired other couple times i played) the game seems fun even when your losing you feel like your doing something fun and using teamwork to take down the mvp is added bonus  :tongue:

Edited by FuzzyCupcake, 05 June 2015 - 04:22 AM.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

The immediate-gratification mind-set may be the problem. i.e.: many folks don't save up to buy a car. They get it on credit, then struggle miserably under huge debt for 4 to 6 years, and if it's a lemon or they eventually discover they don't like it, they're still screwed with debt, and no money saved up to try again.

Quote: "The "grind" in Hawken is practically invisible if you're doing it remotely right.  I suppose, if you're only looking for instant gratification and mechs/weapons that take no more than 3 or 4 matches to master, then Hawken isn't for you at any level of grind.

If you're not putting at least 10 hours (being generous there) into learning your mech and it's equipment, you're doing it wrong!

I have found, on every single mech, that I'm finally feeling comfortable and proficient at it at the same time it hits its level cap. "

I've devoted the past 2 days almost exclusively to feeling out my brand-new Predator. I find the playstyle challenging (as a nearly unanimous opinion is Pred is THE most difficult to master), but the hours "necessary" to fully outfit it are not applicable. I had 50k HC banked, so I bought it, set it up to my preference, and began rocking. I may have a cumulative 6 or 8 hours on it, but there is no Grind.

Play the game. Save your HC, then buy & build your mech, and have it ready to rock from the get-go. If after playing it for long enough to familiarize yourself with the mech it then (as above) isn't your cup of tea, you should have enough banked up again to buy something else and fully outfit it.

I don't particularly care for the Predator, but it is a little early to condemn it--i get an evil thrill out of flanking then alpha-striking low health enemies from Cloak.

If I still feel negatively after ~20 hours in the cockpit, my HC should be banked up enough to "Do" something else (from a newbie's perspective. I already own all the mechs. this is merely rhetorical)

Just my POV.

Edited by em1o, 05 June 2015 - 03:57 AM.

• MysticMagic likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Lily_from_animove

Lily_from_animove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I still think it is kinda problematic, HC's are so low, you grab by level tons of possible unlocks which you can actually not use by the lakc of HC's. So what is it good for to unlock them?

Whiel leveling my starter mech and soem achievements related gave a good bunch of HC to make me buy a second one the money income is superlow, even if doing good.

ut this is problematic, because you have mostly to stick with the same mech configuration, and thats creating the gameplay to be "boring" since you can not test and try a a lot stuff. Not if you plan,to also buy a new mech in a not so far future.

So when you unlock new stuff for the mech, you should also be able to buy at least 50% of the new stuff otherwise the mech level raising does not really feels like you "advance" because the playstyle you can choose stays the same. Which some would simply consider as "boring".

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

So, a new player chose the name "Fuzzy Cupcake" eh?

• EM1O likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I had 50k HC banked, so I bought it, set it up to my preference, and began rocking. I may have a cumulative 6 or 8 hours on it, but there is no Grind.

Play the game. Save your HC, then buy & build your mech, and have it ready to rock from the get-go.

That's all well and good for you, but how does that apply to a new player looking to make their first purchase? They don't have tens of thousands of HC sitting around to buy and outfit a mech all at once. If a brand new player took your advice of saving their HC until they can buy and fully kit out a mech all at once, then that's hours and hours of them being stuck with a single mech without making any changes like unlocking alternate primaries or switching items. You claim that "there is no Grind", but that sounds an awful lot like grinding to me.

As another example, here's my story of the last time I, an experienced player with hundreds of hours in the game, bought a new mech: After playing around with internals and items, I was comfortable with the mechs and loadouts I had at the time, but I had very little HC left from my last round of buying higher-tier items (upgrading from the free Mk.I items I have leftover from the Ascension period). So, I saved up the 12k HC I needed for a new mech (grinding), and bought it. Great, I had a new mech, but it was pretty much naked with no internals and a couple of Mk.I items only. First order of business: a Mk.II repair charge to increase my survivability. That's a few thousand HC that I need to save up again, and so I end up playing for hours on a handicapped mech just to gather enough HC to buy ONE item for it (grinding), and after that I still have another item and at least two internals to buy (grinding).

So, yes, there most certainly IS a grind in Hawken, and I can only imagine that it's very unforgiving for fresh players who don't know precisely what they're buying next, or ones who aren't interested in the starter Assault and want to learn on something different (Maybe they play snipers a lot in other shooters, so they would rather learn on the Sharpshooter, as one example.) Just because you have an existing stash of credits and might be happy focusing on mastering one mech completely before moving on to another, that doesn't make the grind nonexistent.

• Dawn_of_Ash and FURRYHUSKY1000 like this

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

So, a "new" player chose the name "Fuzzy Cupcake" eh?

/s

FTFY

Edited by em1o, 05 June 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

I honestly still wonder why new players start with one mech. Giving one of each -- heavy/medium/light -- makes more sense to me.

• Nightfirebolt likes this

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Easy XP but low HC, HC, P2W, MC, XP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users