14 replies to this topic

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Picture9.png

Just wanted to make a brief announcement.  When the old forums were active, a community member created a TPG banner very similar to the one above.  Unfortunately, I've lost access to both the original banner and the photoshopper's name.  (Didn't back up my forum pm's)

Elite kindly offered to recreate the banner.  I thought that the source art was well-suited to a community-run, competitive league, and want to give credit to the community member who originally had the idea.  So, whoever you are, thank you - hopefully you're still around and come across this thread.  Sorry for forgetting your name!

And thanks, Elite, for crafting our Season 3 banner!

Edited by Nept, 13 June 2015 - 09:26 PM.

• Elite_is_salty, _incitatus, eth0 and 4 others like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Now update the damn site.

(Thanks, Elite.)

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 12 June 2015 - 10:15 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I hope you get your own subforum so that you don't bother non-US people with your TPG stuff.

• Dr_Freeze001 likes this

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I hope you get your own subforum so that you don't bother non-US people with your TPG stuff.

giphy.gif

• Nept, Elite_is_salty, Weezl3 and 5 others like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

No.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Well I hope you get your own subforum so that you don't bother TPG people with non-US stuff.

• IareDave and LoC_TR like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Well I hope you get your own subforum so that you don't bother TPG people with non-US stuff.

VQLGJOL.gif

In all seriousness though. Would love to see a European side of the league. First need good European private servers (looking at you josh). Equal Hawken opportunities! also a african server for elite

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 12 June 2015 - 12:20 PM.

• Nept, comic_sans and TheButtSatisfier like this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Who's this Elite guy?

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Who's this Elite guy?

He's probably from the US.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

He's probably from the US.

I hear he likes Mac & Cheese
  • OdinTheWise likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

In all seriousness though. Would love to see a European side of the league. First need good European private servers (looking at you josh). Equal Hawken opportunities! also a african server for elite

There are already good EU private servers. The problem is the lower player base and lack of people with tons of free time (or willing to give up of social lives). I'm inviting people from both NA and EU to try and organize it, but I honestly doubt there will be more than 1 1/2 full sized teams to show up. This is especially apparent seeing as, just like with the NA side, there is and 'elite' (hate using that word) EU side too, and this is small enough to 1) only being able to play together and 2) for others to say 'Yup, they'll win. No need for me to waste time on trying.'

There's just not enough players for an EU league. Small 3v3 tourney maybe, but by no means TPG. It's not that we can't do something like that, it's that the effort required to do so is, in my opinion, just too much for the few people who will enjoy the experience.

But hell, what am I saying! You won't know unless you try, right? Maybe it becomes a huge success, I dunno. If anyone wants to volunteer, get in touch and I'll see if we can maybe perhaps do a thing.

EDIT: omg guys the 'priority target' gamemode would be prefect for this. I wanna do a thing now. 

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 12 June 2015 - 01:30 PM.

• LaurenEmily, Kopra and CounterlogicMan like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

There are already good EU private servers. The problem is the lower player base and lack of people with tons of free time (or willing to give up of social lives). I'm inviting people from both NA and EU to try and organize it, but I honestly doubt there will be more than 1 1/2 full sized teams to show up. This is especially apparent seeing as, just like with the NA side, there is and 'elite' (hate using that word) EU side too, and this is small enough to 1) only being able to play together and 2) for others to say 'Yup, they'll win. No need for me to waste time on trying.'

There's just not enough players for an EU league. Small 3v3 tourney maybe, but by no means TPG. It's not that we can't do something like that, it's that the effort required to do so is, in my opinion, just too much for the few people who will enjoy the experience.

But hell, what am I saying! You won't know unless you try, right? Maybe it becomes a huge success, I dunno. If anyone wants to volunteer, get in touch and I'll see if we can maybe perhaps do a thing.

EDIT: omg guys the 'priority target' gamemode would be prefect for this. I wanna do a thing now. 

As I've said countless times before, If you guys are up to the task we will provide you with full access to all of our resources for a EU League.

If you want to run one at TPG, you'll have complete total autonomy and absolute sovereignty; we'll give you all the backend priveleges we have at TPG with our NA League.

Day of Defeat had a thriving EU League at TPG for many years apart from the NA one.

So it's been done well before. With a little work it can happen again.

Edited by Crafty, 12 June 2015 - 02:10 PM.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

WHY IS THE STUFFZ ABOUT AFRICAH IN SMALL SIZE? AFRICA IS DA BIG SIZE!!

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I remember you asking after EU-based events when Hawken's developers had gone silent.  And I remember the subsequent work you put into the Ultra Violent Wednesday events.  Seems as though they've been a success!

When TPG Hawken first started, we encountered difficulties drafting sufficient teams and admins.  Took some legwork from early-adopting captains and staff, but we've matured into a stable and competitive community.  Now, it may be that the EU community's currently too small to support competition; I wouldn't know - I'm not especially familiar with you guys.  You might find yourself surprised, though, by the number of interested players.  Could even run your first seasons with with smaller teams (3v3, for example).

As Crafty said, there's certainly room for Euro TPG Hawken.  Find yourselves some quality admins and you're off to the (legwork) races.

• CraftyDus likes this

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

As Crafty said, there's certainly room for Euro TPG Hawken.  Find yourselves some quality admins and you're off to the (legwork) races.

Your puns are starting to make me angry. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TPG, NeptIsGreat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users