Photo

PRIORITY TARGET | Tournament begins now!

* * * * * 2 votes Priority Target tournament VIP Groups Schedule maps

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Choosing MC over reputation.

I don't think this is fair, we did agree to wait for Lauren to reconnect and restart the round the second time it happened (first time we did as Erzun said himself, I know you don't see the chat from the stream but we stopped and only resumed when he told right away to go on). Second he said to go on as well but we went forward to say we didn't mind waiting. Even iDim (saying this because you all know how competitive he is) was perfectly fine with waiting and giving up a won round per the rules.

Once she disconnected the third time we initially wanted to wait again, but at that point we realized she would disconnect every game, match was already running late because one of their players wasn't on at initial time and that it would mean either finishing the semi final right now or stop it right away and schedule it later. I don't know if you noticed, but we tried to be more aggressive later on to force fights before any disconnection happened. We tried to get Hept or Virtual to pressure on the side so we could push the bridge, it didn't work and we didn't want to suicide ourselves either.

Secondly, nobody asked us to do a rematch, we did discuss it amongst ourselves and we still are. None of us are satisfied about the win, I was sick as hell and one of our reserves was not available to replace me until the last round. I spiked hard in the last game as well and found myself eating a grenade that suddenly appeared in front of my face. We also had our issues from reasons independent from us, even though none of us say it's worse than what happened to Crushing Kill. So no, we didn't jump in joy each time she disconnected.

So we are discussing it between ourselves, you do have to realize that for us to do it we need to have every single of our team members (all 6 of them) agree to a rematch, if even a single doesn't want to then we can't force him to accept a rematch for a game won per the rules (even if I personally am not satisfied with the win) and Freeze to accept to modify the rules. Also while I love you guys, I don't get why you're pushing this so much when it only really concerns Crushing Kill and Pizza.

edit: spelling

edit2: Oh and from watching the footage from the very last round of the match (3 - 3 score round, I was not in that one and watching the stream so I didn't hear what was going on in TS) on her disconnect Heptagon again suggested a restart, our opponents said to keep going.

Edited by neon, 25 August 2015 - 07:27 AM.

• DerMax, Houruck, Hrono and 6 others like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

So we are discussing it between ourselves, you do have to realize that for us to do it we need to have every single of our team members (all 6 of them) agree to a rematch, if even a single doesn't want to then we can't force him to accept a rematch for a game won per the rules (even if I personally am not satisfied with the win) and Freeze to accept to modify the rules.

That would be awesome to do.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

If Crushing Kill feel like they lost fair and square, I see no problem here.

Edited by DerMax, 25 August 2015 - 04:02 AM.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

That would be awesome to do.

Have you even read Neon post?

Choosing MC over reputation.

That is low. Much lower than i wouldnt expect from you.

Edited by HepTagoN, 25 August 2015 - 07:31 AM.

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Well, probably I should've said something earlier, but hey, here we go.

Clarification of the current situation:

It was supposed to be a normal Semi-Final match between Pizzabangstormweaselparty64 and Crushing Kill, however, there have been several issues during the match and the organization of it.

On the side of Crushing Kill: One of our members was celebrating his birthday that day, I think everybody here can understand that he wanted to spend his day with family and friends instead of playing a video game. We 've known that from the beginning, still five players to go for that certain day. However, a few days before the match another member of ours had got issues with the game, it was syncing endlessly, he couldn't even enter the game unless it suprisingly worked once in while, however, the game quickly crashed afterwards. This state remains until now, so he wasn't able to play either. Still four players for the match. During the match one of our players got connectivity issues, but we hadn't got any player to replace her, therefore she tried her best, but her connection broke down three times in total.

On the side of Pizzabangstormweaselparty64: You can read that part above in n3onfx's post, summarized one of their members was sick, he decided to play though, however, during the match he experienced issues resulting in lagging. They hadn't got any player to replace him until the very last round. As n3onfx mentioned there have been other issues, too.

Additionally, the servers still aren't very good. Problems like bad Hit Reg or Dodge Lag have to be added on top of that all.

So all in all, it was just a huge mess consisting of bad luck. Therefore I can understand that some people here would like to see a rematch, however, it has been clearly defined in the rules that once a player disconnects, the rest of players just keeps playing the game to prevent any exploitation of the 'Disconnecting' mechanism. Pizzabangstormweaselparty64 was so kind to let us restart one round after that certain player of ours disconnected, they've even been willing to do so more times, however, I just told them to keep playing, since the rules demanded us to keep playing and we didn't want any special treatment, additionally, as n3onfx already mentioned, we've already been running late.

Sh*t like this happens, but nobody should try to force anybody to do a rematch, since this is also very disrespecting against Pizzabangstormweaselparty64. Well, as the captain of Crushing Kill I can tell that a rematch has never been and will never be a topic we pay any attention to, for us this match is a thing of the past and we're looking forward to the Finals as well as to the Bronze Match.

In the end, as n3on said, this topic mainly concerns Pizzabangstormweaselparty64 and Crushing Kill, I personally am totally fine with how the match ended, so let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

• DerMax, DisorderlyMechanic, n3onfx and 3 others like this

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Have you even read Neon post?

I did. How about you?

You are all right that this is your matter to handle, but it will not stop me for saying my opinion regarding it, as a viewer of this tournament and a participant.

If there is bad weather conditions, or some technical issues a match is cancelled and rescheduled.
Also I think it would apply to technical difficulties related to the game itself.

I understand CrushingKill position, they are modest and humble. That's why they told you to continue, in the match.

And you went like "OK, they told us its fine, lets play 3v4".

And for me as viewer and a participant this decision was very disappointing.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I did. [...]

Then you havent understood it. That or just...

Troll

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Then you havent understood it. That or just...

Troll

I can explain it to one more time.

-First argument- Running late.
If everybody were worried about running late on schedule, just cancel the game and rescheduled again, its a totally normal thing to do.

-Second argument- "they told us its ok"
Every team would say that, because its just a normal thing to do.

For example:
     We were waiting long for MMR team to get ready for the match, they had technical difficulties, so   Dr_Freeze told us that if we don't want to wait for them they could forfeit the game. And its a decision of honour.

-Third argument, "nobody asked us to do a rematch"
Yes they won't and the obvious explanation you can see is the second argument.

I think it would be great just for you guys to propose to reschedule the match right then, when you saw that Lauren disconnected for 4 times.

Because its pizza's job to propose for a rematch, Crushing Kill was not in the position to do so.

Is there something more I did not understand ?

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I think that opinions have been made clear, if anyone wants to discuss this please do so in PM's. Whatever happens, this will likely not be the last time Crushing and Pizza play against each other. Training matches, future tournaments, all that jazz. Plenty of options.

Now, the schedule. Crushing vs Mystery Magic at 15:00 and Casuals vs Pizza at 16:30.

Good?

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 25 August 2015 - 10:57 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

-didn't see DrFreeze's post before submitting- 

Edited by neon, 25 August 2015 - 11:02 AM.

t

t

t

t

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

the ones who want forfeit enemys in firsts matches is now the biggest talkers
Hrono see (KDR) Dr_Freeze001 videos and stop these cry trashtalk

Crushing Kill has get propese of match redo if you see these game chat

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Now, the schedule. Crushing vs Mystery Magic at 15:00 and Casuals vs Pizza at 16:30.

Good?

Good.

the ones who want forfeit enemys in firsts matches is now the biggest talkers
Hrono see (KDR) Dr_Freeze001 videos and stop these cry trashtalk

Crushing Kill has get propese of match redo if you see these game chat

No idea what you are talking about, please explain it to me in a private message.
Thank you.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Even though it looks like all this has been properly settled now i would like to drop my two cents on the subject just for the heck of it as it obviously involved me.

It's probably not a big surprise for anyone that i personally am not exactly satisfied with the way the matches played out. I feel like i let my team down (i don't care about the fact there was nothing i could have done about it) and it is very possible that the outcome would have been different hadn't it be so. So to put it simple, i blame myself for it.

This being said i wouldn't turn down the option to actually play the matches again correctly and actually support my team to my fullest potential regardless of if it was just for the record, 'unofficially', since i could care less about the prizes.

The final verdict about the experience however is that i had a ton of fun, i would be lying if i said anything else. I felt like it was the first proper game we had in the tourney and i had to really try my best. Thanks to PizzaBangStormWeaselParty64 for that.

• DisorderlyMechanic and n3onfx like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
how about we play final match (and bronze match) next weekend after upcoming one?
Reasoning is, during week we barely got oportunities to practice as team, cause some of us are working etc.
These are very last matches of tournament so we are not in hurry arent we? Ofc i cant wait for both of them lol

Edited by HepTagoN, 25 August 2015 - 10:02 PM.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

There, there. Let's be friends y'all.

• Guns_N_Rozer, LarryLaffer and Bergwein like this

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

how about we play final match (and bronze match) next weekend after upcoming one?
Reasoning is, during week we barely got oportunities to practice as team, cause some of us are working etc.
These are very last matches of tournament so we are not in hurry arent we? Ofc i cant wait for both of them lol

Yep, we also have the same problems, all of us working : (

But we try our best to find time for training. You should too.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

This saturday is my gf's birthday, so I'd be in the favor of what Heptagon suggested or at least Sunday. If none of it is possible, playing as early as possible would be nice.

Edited by neon, 26 August 2015 - 12:56 AM.

t

t

t

t

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

This saturday is my gf's birthday, so I'd be in the favor of what Heptagon suggested or at least Sunday. If none of it is possible, playing as early as possible would be nice.

I will ask my team what is the earliest time they can play on Saturday.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I will ask my team what is the earliest time they can play on Saturday.

Thanks, much appreciated. Sometime in the middle of the afternoon would be fine, no need to do it too early either.

t

t

t

t

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Yep, we also have the same problems, all of us working : (

But we try our best to find time for training. You should too.

So why you want so much play this weekend instead of next one?

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

So why you want so much play this weekend instead of next one?

We had more then one month to prepare for the tournament.
You had enough time to train.

I think not enough training is a bad reason to move the finals to one week later.

Thanks, much appreciated. Sometime in the middle of the afternoon would be fine, no need to do it too early either.

The earliest we can on Saturday is 14 UTC : (

Can you find some one to replace you Neon?

Or we can make it really late, when you will be drunk after your girls birthday : ))

Or how about Friday ?

karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

From my understanding, the tournament will end this weekend and we are here to decide (for the benefit of everyone) at what time we are going to play and perhaps which day (27, 28, 29 or 30 August).

In my opinion, a tournament that is organized on the personal preferences of each participant, with no regard to predetermined rules and/or pre-planning in general, it's not a tournament, it is just an organized series of scrims.

I hope this is not the case, otherwise Reloaded is giving away cash prizes for a bunch of scrims.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

We had more then one month to prepare for the tournament.
You had enough time to train.

I think not enough training is a bad reason to move the finals to one week later.

Bad or not - that is argument for playing next saturday. And what is your argumend for playing this saturday?

And no we havent got enough time to train. We spend 2x-3x more playing tournament rather than training togheter, because of factors beyond our control.

Cant stop thinking you trained MUCH more.

From my understanding, the tournament will end this weekend and we are here to decide (for the benefit of everyone) at what time we are going to play and perhaps which day (27, 28, 29 or 30 August).

In my opinion, a tournament that is organized on the personal preferences of each participant, with no regard to predetermined rules and/or pre-planning in general, it's not a tournament, it is just an organized series of scrims.

I hope this is not the case, otherwise Reloaded is giving away cash prizes for a bunch of scrims.

Eh? How do we alter "predeterminaded rules" or "pre-planning" by suggesting another saturday? Where you get that? There is no rule saying tournament will take place weekend by weekend. Only for group stage Doctor told us to play all games in defined timespan(not sure if correct word).

Secondly, those "personal preferences" - we are already organising matches in that way, so as many ppl can attend as possible.

Honestly, what is wrong with you?

At first you ranted on us saying that we abused lauren's disconnecting and being happy about it because we will get more mc and everything even though everytime said we are fine with restart,

then you are claiming that we want change rules upon our "personal preferences" (despite of fact that you criticised us for following rules during prev match).

All of us do it just for fun, dont you?

Edited by HepTagoN, 26 August 2015 - 07:23 AM.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Unless I see that a majority of participants can not make it to the Finals or Bronze matches (as in: all matches are forfeits) this Saturday (29th) I guess there is no choice but to delay it until next week. However, please do keep in mind that you have known about the dates for quite a while now, and that things like work or birthday parties are the reason why each team has reserve players.

This is a tournament for MC prizes, please act as if it is.

I do believe you understand wrong.

The thing I ask is the specific time of day, not the date. Until now Quarter and Semi have all taken place Saturday, as intended, so I don't see why the finals should be any different.

Does an organized series of scrims have a full planning, brackets or MC prizes? Does a scrim have specific rules, written in a document, understood by the participants? Does a scrim have a schedule and does a scrim get streamed and commentated on live?

Well, no. That is the difference between this and scrims. Organize a scrim and compare that to organizing  a tournament, and see how much more goes into a tournament than a scrim. There is more than the personal preferences of the participants to think about.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Freeze, with all due respect, if you calm down and read again what I wrote, you will notice that we are saying the same thing.

I know that you just asked us to chose the hour we are more comfortable to play and I know that we have always played on Saturday up to now. I wrote that perhaps we can chose a different day (if all the Saturday games are forfeit) and I suggested that perhaps the backup days could be 27, 28 or 30 August. Just like you wrote in your replay (minus the suggestion of the specific dates).

My point is that there is a difference between a tournament and a scrim, just like you wrote in your replay.

I don't see where I said that the tournament you organized is a scrim, but if I offended you in any way, I apologize.

On the other hand, I do see that I was warning everyone to not transform this tournament into a bunch of scrims.

karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Eh? How do we alter "predeterminaded rules" or "pre-planning" by suggesting another saturday? Where you get that? There is no rule saying tournament will take place weekend by weekend. Only for group stage Doctor told us to play all games in defined timespan(not sure if correct word).

Secondly, those "personal preferences" - we are already organising matches in that way, so as many ppl can attend as possible.

Honestly, what is wrong with you?

At first you ranted on us saying that we abused lauren's disconnecting and being happy about it because we will get more mc and everything even though everytime said we are fine with restart,

then you are claiming that we want change rules upon our "personal preferences" (despite of fact that you criticised us for following rules during prev match).

All of us do it just for fun, dont you?

First of all, I didn't rant at anyone.

Secondly, regarding your "personal preferences" line:

1. Your personal preference here is to chose at which hour you want to play this Saturday, not suggesting another week.
  2. If your team can't play this Saturday you forfeit.
  3. If the majority of team forfeit, the organizer of the tournament will decide how to proceed, not you.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Unless I see that a majority of participants can not make it to the Finals or Bronze matches (as in: all matches are forfeits) this Saturday (29th) I guess there is no choice but to delay it until next week. However, please do keep in mind that you have known about the dates for quite a while now, and that things like work or birthday parties are the reason why each team has reserve players.

Just want to note that my discussion with Hrono regarded adjusting the hour if possible with him and his team, not asking to reschedule it another day. I am aware that issues in scheduling concerning only myself should not impact the whole tournament which is why I asked if it was fine to advance the hour by a bit for the originally intended day. If it is not possible, a reserve player will of course take my place.

Discussion about pushing it a week came after from other people and are separate from that, sorry if it caused any confusion. How about continuing the discussion for match time/date in PM between the 2 teams.

Edited by neon, 26 August 2015 - 09:41 AM.

t

t

t

t

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

This Saturday it is then.

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

1. If your team can't play this Saturday you forfeit.
  2. If the majority of team forfeit, the organizer of the tournament will decide how to proceed, not you.

"Choosing MC over reputation." - by Chickin

• DisorderlyMechanic and HepTagoN like this

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

This is a tournament for MC prizes, please act as if it is.

I was aware of schedule, yet i though it wont hurt if i asked. In that case, we be there on saturday, Doctor. we are yet to recive confirmation from 2 team members about 14:00 UTC. Is that our is fine with You/Erzunter (as streamers)?

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I was aware of schedule, yet i though it wont hurt if i asked. In that case, we be there on saturday, Doctor. we are yet to recive confirmation from 2 team members about 14:00 UTC. Is that our is fine with You/Erzunter (as streamers)?

I've got holidays, even if you played at three o'clock in the morning I would be there.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Freeze, with all due respect, if you calm down and read again what I wrote, you will notice that we are saying the same thing.

I know that you just asked us to chose the hour we are more comfortable to play and I know that we have always played on Saturday up to now. I wrote that perhaps we can chose a different day (if all the Saturday games are forfeit) and I suggested that perhaps the backup days could be 27, 28 or 30 August. Just like you wrote in your replay (minus the suggestion of the specific dates).

My point is that there is a difference between a tournament and a scrim, just like you wrote in your replay.

I don't see where I said that the tournament you organized is a scrim, but if I offended you in any way, I apologize.

On the other hand, I do see that I was warning everyone to not transform this tournament into a bunch of scrims.

In that case, I apologise for taking it the way I did. However your post does heavily imply criticism on the tournament and it is no where obvious that you meant it in the way you do. You wrote it the way people do when trying to prove that something isn't what others claim it is. Your opinion is worded in such a way that is was not obvious whether it was 'this is a tournament' compared to 'this isn't one'. Combined with 'From my understanding, ...' and 'I hope this is not the case, ...' your opinion leans towards the latter, which which I disagree.

Sorry for interpreting your post wrongly.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

If that's the time you'll be able to play, so be it. I was hoping on doing the Bronze match before the Finals match, but I guess this doesn't really matter that much. As long as you make it entertaining to watch ;). Times are fine for me as well.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Both teams have agreed that they can play at 16:30 UTC like you originally wanted Dr_Freeze, so if you want to make the finals be the last match of the day it's possible.

t

t

t

t

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Both teams have agreed that they can play at 16:30 UTC like you originally wanted Dr_Freeze, so if you want to make the finals be the last match of the day it's possible.

Lovely, in that case I'm just waiting for Crushing Kill to confirm and then we can get the schedule up and the announcements going.

Time for some announcements.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 27 August 2015 - 06:53 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

BTW guys, wadda ya think for the award badges?

They are, after all, the most important prize of all:

prt_gold_by_mrfreeze001-d97krws.pngprt_silver_by_mrfreeze001-d97krxe.pngprt_bronze_by_mrfreeze001-d97krwm.pngprt_participated_by_mrfreeze001-d97krx1.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

prt_gold_by_mrfreeze001-d97krws.pngprt_silver_by_mrfreeze001-d97krxe.pngprt_bronze_by_mrfreeze001-d97krwm.pngprt_participated_by_mrfreeze001-d97krx1.

We have some 3d designer's in the team, they could help out.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Those look like three cocks in a sweet trio. Think it might be a good idea to ask karnak or memag to design them :3

• Houruck and n3onfx like this

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Those look like three cocks in a sweet trio. Think it might be a good idea to ask karnak or memag to design them :3

zr2hZBX.png

• DerMax, Houruck and n3onfx like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

If anyone wants to give it a try, feel free to go ahead :).

• DerMax likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Priority, Target, tournament, VIP, Groups, Schedule, maps

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users