Photo

PRIORITY TARGET | Tournament begins now!

* * * * * 2 votes Priority Target tournament VIP Groups Schedule maps

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

eu_priority_target_3_by_mrfreeze001-d8yo

Good day,

Today is the day! It has finally come. You will know the teams you must battle against this very moment. Behold: THE BRACKETS!

OMGGG BRACKETS!

(It's the brackets tab below the spreadsheet.)

Spoiler

Now, a few things you must understand. This particular tournament is basically nothing like what it was when I took the first steps and posted the ‘Sign up now!’ thread. A lot has changed, and some more will have to change in order to make this tournament as fair as possible. There's no learning experience like doing it yourself.

The Schedule:

Each team captain will have to arrange a time and date themselves. You must get in touch with the other captains to do this. You must play 3 matches in two weeks, one against every other team in your group so make sure you get all your matches planned.

Now, I assume that almost everyone will play during the weekend, so I thought I’d make it easier and set up blocks for people to fill in. You are completely allowed and even encouraged to play during weekdays, if at all possible. Otherwise you won’t be able to play all your matches and that would be bad. 13 days for 3 matches, I think that is very much within the realm of possibility. Don’t wait until the last possible moment to get this planned, because there are only so many servers. The team captains will receive an e-mail with contact info and a spreadsheet on which they can arrange their matches.

The Bracket stage begins the week after the Group stage, and each bracket will be played and streamed during the week end, so make sure you clear your schedule. The Quarter-Finals will be on 15/8/2015, the Semi-Finals on 22/8/2015 and the Finals will be played on 29/8/2015. Once again, these will be streamed and recorded, so be sure to check back to this thread to find out more info.

The Groups:

Each group has 4 teams BUT you may notice there are only 15 teams signed up. That’s where the Dummy Team comes in. The Dummy team is a team with 0 players, and therefore, when you are scheduled to play against the Dummy Team, the dummy team forfeits and you get a 3-0 win. Then, after these two weeks, I will take the top 2 teams from each group and you will be placed into the brackets as you see on the spreadsheet.

Changes to VIP:

A few things will be changed, with the feedback from the meetups that took place this weekend. Firstly is a poll about the state of Assault, Fred and the G2 mechs. Are they different? Are they the same? It’s up to the poll.

https://docs.google....cbs4h4/viewform

(This poll will be closed Tuesday 23.59 UTC)

Secondly is the way maps are chosen. I’ve assembled this lovely spreadsheet in which you Copy-Paste your team name into the columns to show that you have voted to ban a certain map. This must be filled in by both Team Captains before the match starts. I’ll be e-mailing the links to them. I’ve set an example for you to follow, simply do as the explanation text says and the map remaining will be the map played.

I'll be editing this post and replying to this thread if there are any more questions or announcements that need to be made, so be sure to follow it closely.

Cheers,

Freeze

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 27 July 2015 - 10:31 AM.

• DerMax, Nept, Guns_N_Rozer and 11 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Good luck guys:)

Edited by Merl61, 27 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, LarryLaffer and 1 other like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Where are these games supposed to be played?

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Where are these games supposed to be played?

Group stage is during the next two weeks. The team captains are supposed to arrange appropriate times with each other.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Group stage is during the next two weeks. The team captains are supposed to arrange appropriate times with each other.

Sorry, I meant as in "on what server?"

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Is this gonna be casted? Would be nice to do so

Steel

Steel everywhere~

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Sorry, I meant as in "on what server?"

Very likely the UVW servers. If those are in use I'll ask BatPanda for his server.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Is this gonna be casted? Would be nice to do so

The bracket stage will be, yes. It won't be good, with the spectator mode only being able to do so much, but I'll try at least. I know a couple of the players will be streaming as well.

• thedark20 likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
I can prolly stream with my plastic HAWKEN, my internet's pretty good.
Not sure if people would be even remotely interested in plastic footage though.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

How did you come up with the brackets? Random?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Dumb question: do we still need to record played games in order to prove the absence of cheeting?

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

How did you come up with the brackets? Random?

Yep.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Dumb question: do we still need to record played games in order to prove the absence of cheeting?

You got something to hide?

Also yes, yes you do. Unless every single member if your team has a low-spec computer and that recording makes Hawken unplayable, then yes you do. Tweak the setting, get plastic Hawken. There is no downside to being insured. That's it, recording your games is like insurance. You hopefully won't need it, but when you do you'll be happy it's there. 

• CraftyDus likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

I can prolly stream with my plastic HAWKEN, my internet's pretty good.
Not sure if people would be even remotely interested in plastic footage though.

go to hell , i mean moon

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

You got something to hide?

Also yes, yes you do. Unless every single member if your team has a low-spec computer and that recording makes Hawken unplayable, then yes you do. Tweak the setting, get plastic Hawken. There is no downside to being insured. That's it, recording your games is like insurance. You hopefully won't need it, but when you do you'll be happy it's there. 

That is a loaded question.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

I have a few questions here.

1. Will be there some kind of referee who will see that fair play is observed (beside cheating, just tournament rules)?
  2. How will the match results be reported if there will not be any referees, observers etc?
  3. AFAIU, this is the European tournament, but I see a lot of participants from US. Will they have to play on European servers or there will be some kind of coin toss?

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

1. Will be there some kind of referee who will see that fair play is observed (beside cheating, just tournament rules)?
  2. How will the match results be reported if there will not be any referees, observers etc?
  3. AFAIU, this is the European tournament, but I see a lot of participants from US. Will they have to play on European servers or there will be some kind of coin toss?

1. Freeze will try to be at as many matches as he'll be able to, however, it's also the job of every team to look if everybody is following the rules, if anybody isn't following the rules, that's when the recordings will kick in and show if somebody was really not following the rules.

2. As I mentioned, the recordings are evidence that a team won/lost certain rounds/complete matches. However, I don't think that anybody here will be that shameless and report wrong match results. If there are disputes between certain teams, Freeze will have a look at the footage and function as a referee then.

3. Indeed, this is an European tournament and it has been advertised as such, so even the partcipants from the US will have to use the European servers. However, if two teams completely consisting of players from NA are playing against each other, they can of course use servers in the NA region, I guess, even though they'll have to set up the server on their own then. Almost every match will be played on the UVW servers though because Freeze is able to set up these servers.

• LarryLaffer likes this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

who are the captains from the teams we're playing?

contact info/prefered method of contact? 

match reporting?

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

There is a "Teams" tab in "brackets" spreadsheet. You can find the captains there. Here is a direct link

Edited by LarryLaffer, 28 July 2015 - 05:10 AM.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

There is a "Teams" tab in "brackets" spreadsheet. You can find the captains there. Here is a direct link

only captain I know is Kopra, need a way to contact these people

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

lwY3QRd.jpg

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

need a way to contact these people

Me too, man. Well, we just have to wait, when

The team captains will receive an e-mail with contact info and a spreadsheet on which they can arrange their matches.

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

The bracket stage will be, yes. It won't be good, with the spectator mode only being able to do so much, but I'll try at least. I know a couple of the players will be streaming as well.

Depending at what time i can help a bit with the streaming in case someone casts it. Thanks for the info

Steel

Steel everywhere~

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Me too, man. Well, we just have to wait, when

only captain I know is Kopra, need a way to contact these people

E-mails should have been send a few hours ago to all the team captains in their respective groups. Use the 'reply all' function to arrange the matches.

Depending at what time i can help a bit with the streaming in case someone casts it. Thanks for the info

Lovely, I'll be sure to make the proper announcements when the bracket stage happens.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

contact info/prefered method of contact? 

match reporting?

You can get info from the teams tab, like LarryLaffer said.

I've send the e-mails this afternoon, get talking and get busy.

Both teams must share the match results in the thread. If they're not the same I'm gonna have to see some footage.

Also: you guys maybe wanna join a steam group? I can set one up public ally and then each team cap can just join in. I personally think e-mail should be fine, since that's been setup and I know the team caps can communicate via e-mail, but you never know.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

To the top

• n3onfx likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I'll be streaming (or attempting to) the first game:

Pizza64 vs Damsels in Distress. Check it out at http://www.twitch.tv/dr_freeze001 , ETA about 15 min from post.

EDIT: games over, I hope that everyone't footage will be up shortly.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 02 August 2015 - 08:46 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I'm streaming the 2nd game: Pizza64 vs Panda Hero. Same twitch, same channel.

EDIT: Stream is over. Check out the 'past broadcasts' section and you should be able to find it. It's cut in two due to technical reasons. Shout-out to Erzunterweltler for an attempt at casting. 

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 02 August 2015 - 01:40 PM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I'm streaming the 2nd game: Pizza64 vs Panda Hero. Same twitch, same channel.

He meant: "PizzaBangStormWeaselParty64"

• DisorderlyMechanic likes this

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I liked Erzun's analysis a lot, was a nice addition imo. Also I agree with what DerMax suggested during the Q&A, rising from Bo5 to Bo7 might be a good choice for the bracket play, Bo5 feels short and leaves little time for each team to adapt for the other which could be very interesting to watch, especially now that Erzun is casting with analysis of team comps and ways to play maps.

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I liked Erzun's analysis a lot, was a nice addition imo. Also I agree with what DerMax suggested during the Q&A, rising from Bo5 to Bo7 might be a good choice for the bracket play, Bo5 feels short and leaves little time for each team to adapt for the other which could be very interesting to watch, especially now that Erzun is casting with analysis of team comps and ways to play maps.

I'm not sure about changing the formula from best of 5 to best of 7 right now, seeing as the group stage has already been played, but during the bracket stage we'll probably switch to best of 7.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I'm not sure about changing the formula from best of 5 to best of 7 right now, seeing as the group stage has already been played, but during the bracket stage we'll probably switch to best of 7.

Yep, I did mention switching for the bracket play. Changing it during group stages wouldn't be fair for the teams that haven't played yet of course.

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

eu_priority_target_3_by_mrfreeze001-d8yo

[spoiler]

Group 1: 

[1] Mystery Magic Rozer
[2] Boston Tea Baggy
[3] G-Unit_Squad
[4] WOTOFO

The Schedule:

Each team captain will have to arrange a time and date themselves. You must get in touch with the other captains to do this. You must play 3 matches in two weeks, one against every other team in your group so make sure you get all your matches planned.

Now, I assume that almost everyone will play during the weekend, so I thought I’d make it easier and set up blocks for people to fill in. You are completely allowed and even encouraged to play during weekdays, if at all possible. Otherwise you won’t be able to play all your matches and that would be bad. 13 days for 3 matches, I think that is very much within the realm of possibility. Don’t wait until the last possible moment to get this planned, because there are only so many servers. The team captains will receive an e-mail with contact info and a spreadsheet on which they can arrange their matches.

The Bracket stage begins the week after the Group stage, and each bracket will be played and streamed during the week end, so make sure you clear your schedule. The Quarter-Finals will be on 15/8/2015, the Semi-Finals on 22/8/2015 and the Finals will be played on 29/8/2015. Once again, these will be streamed and recorded, so be sure to check back to this thread to find out more info.

The Groups:

Each group has 4 teams BUT you may notice there are only 15 teams signed up. That’s where the Dummy Team comes in. The Dummy team is a team with 0 players, and therefore, when you are scheduled to play against the Dummy Team, the dummy team forfeits and you get a 3-0 win. Then, after these two weeks, I will take the top 2 teams from each group and you will be placed into the brackets as you see on the spreadsheet.

My team will be available to play these matches this Saturday August 8 around 16:00 UTC

Thats 9am pacific and Noontime east

Edited by Drafty Krust, 03 August 2015 - 06:20 AM.

lwY3QRd.jpg

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I'm streaming the 3 rd match: Crushing Kill vs BulletImpact. ETA to the actual matches about 30 min from time of post.

http://www.twitch.tv/dr_freeze001

EDIT: Games are over, check out the highlight soon!

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 03 August 2015 - 08:41 AM.

• CraftyDus likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Alright guys, how's it going?

I'm looking at the brackets and see that quite a few teams haven't played any matches yet. I know some are gonne be played this Saturday, but from other teams I haven't heard anything yet. I will remind you that you must have played all games you are assigned to play in the next 4 days. 

If there are any problems don't hesitate to contact me at hawken.prioritytarget@gmail.com. 

Cheers, 

Freeze

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Alright, so all EU private servers are gone. Submitted a support ticket. Time for Ultra-Casual Pub-play.

EDIT: Cheers for the fast fix.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 05 August 2015 - 11:09 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Alright, so all EU private servers are gone. Submitted a support ticket. Time for Ultra-Casual Pub-play.

Wut.

Good, u wont be lurking in those password shielded servers, where my wrath cant reach you. <evil laugh intensifies>

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

The spectator view videos are terribad. The lag makes them unwatchable. I tried to watch a game like last week and it was also just like that. 20 mins into the video I closed it, same for the second one.

Sorry DerMax but I couldn't see how "glorious" this is.

• DerMax likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

The spectator view videos are terribad. The lag makes them unwatchable. I tried to watch a game like last week and it was also just like that. 20 mins into the video I closed it, same for the second one.

Only 1st is lagfest. Second and third are okay

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Only 1st is lagfest. Second and third are okay

I watched on Freeze's twitch. If you have better videos tell us.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

The bracket stage will probably be fun to watch, because you'll get to see recordings by some of the best EU players.

• LaurenEmily likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Priority, Target, tournament, VIP, Groups, Schedule, maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users