17 replies to this topic

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Hey-Ho,

recently WatchMojo.com, a well-known Youtube channel creating Top 10 lists regarding different topics, has released a "Top 10 Mech Based Video Games" involving Hawken being ranked as No. 7. To be honest I expected Hawken to be on the list, but as an honourable mention only, due to our small community and therefore small amount of votes that Hawken could receive. However, Hawken actually made it onto the list (probably because there aren't that many Mech based video games in the first place), so I think this could be interesting for you to watch.

I know it's not a reason to completely freak out, however, WatchMojo is a quite big channel with over 9 million subscribers, so it might cause at least a few people to have a look on this game, as it has clearly been mentioned in the video that it's Free2Play. Of course that's awesome on one hand, on the other hand this advertisement could be a little bit more effective if we hadn't got some serious issues to handle at the moment, primarily the bad server experience. Nonetheless, Hawken is a very entertaining game, so let's see how this will affect the amount of players in the next few days, if it does at all.

Edited by (KDR) Erzunterweltler, 19 August 2015 - 04:58 PM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Odinous, TheFrostnessMonster and 4 others like this

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Ooooollllddd news buddy.

Besides, who actually takes watchmojo seriously?

• CrimsonKaim, TheFrostnessMonster, comic_sans and 2 others like this

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

w00t

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Ooooollllddd news buddy.

Besides, who actually takes watchmojo seriously?

Well, now that the video has actually been released I felt the need to make a new thread for it. Of course WatchMojo is known for actually making awful lists and doing bad research, still, it's free advertisement if you want to say so, therefore it's still a topic one could be interested in.

Edited by (KDR) Erzunterweltler, 19 August 2015 - 05:14 PM.

• Odinous, comic_sans and LaurenEmily like this

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Beside having low population,hawken,is actually still being consider around the world,and why shouldn't it?We are still here,the game is great,when reloaded gets this game "complete" i bet population will start getting bigger.But again,dont forget that hawken is not for everybody..

• dorobo, DieselCat and Badtings like this

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Everyone watching this fuzzy bunny is supporting them in their stats. You know - they earn money with this bogus. No please.

Edited by 1uster, 19 August 2015 - 05:16 PM.

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
Top 10 list of mech games, lists basically every mech game ever made. #nicheGenre
  • comic_sans and FEF-FEFington like this

No crew

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Did I miss something, or did MWO not make their list or even honorable mentions ?

I thought they could have chosen some better clips of Hawken, like the one where the screen said the teams were unbalanced was a bit tacky.

But it was nice to see Hawken get some props...hope more people pick up on it.

*+

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

There was a thread like this on the old forums, which included the same video. And here's my response just like last time, just a bit shorter:

HAWKEN is #1.

Those people are stupid.

• Nachoeslach, Guns_N_Rozer, Brother3J and 2 others like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

There was a thread like this on the old forums, which included the same video. And here's my response just like last time, just a bit shorter:

HAWKEN is my #1.

Those people are stupid.

FTFY

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Dat Vanguard emblem doe.

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Half those games aren't real mecha games like HAWKEN. 

I want a walking trash can, not some squeaky clean humanoid robutt with lazarr swords.

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

actually, 90% videos on youtube called "top 10 games about mech" (or with the same name) contain Hawken.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

49612-Snoopy-Dance.gif

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

That's actually a giant "Haken is so terrible, it is just number 7." ... 

Why?

Because other games published in 1996 are still better than Hawken.

Face it ADH destroyed it. And they didn't only destroyed it, they made such a giant failure that clearly proves that the species Humo Sapiens lacks in intelligence and that some primal animals are worthy competetors to ADH.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Why?

Face it ADH destroyed it. And they didn't only destroyed it, they made such a giant failure that clearly proves that the species Humo Sapiens lacks in intelligence and that some primal animals are worthy competetors to ADH.

Well typically no,the ideas from those games are better,not the games themselves.Hawken was always a blast,just some people couldnt appreciate the changes.Adh maybe did some wrong desicions,but dont forget that they brought us this great game.Reloaded is on the wheel now,and its their chance to make something good from it.

Edited by Odinous, 20 August 2015 - 05:57 AM.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Why?

I didn`t care to watch the vid because it is WatchMojo, but the difference is that those games are by many looked at as what shaped and created the genre. If the game hadn`t been mention-worthy it wouldn`t have been mentioned.

That is not to say I agree with Mojo, as top 10`s are incredibly subjective no matter how you do it.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

ibpYMu009JeOaj.gif

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ranking, Youtube, Video, Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users