HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mindgamer: HAWKEN - Episode 4 - Moves Like Mech Jagger

Video

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted January 31 2013 - 12:52 PM

In future videos consider 3rd person perspectives.

It think it would better highlight the positioning if we could see your movements in game but in a 3rd person perspective (Have an observer follow you around recording footage, lol.).  

I imagine that sometimes it can be difficult for new players to visualize the actual spacing you are achieving when watched from your 1st person view.  I think the 1st person view is necessary, but if you could somehow also recreate the same thing with someone watching in 3rd person it might stick better.  Ideally, recreating your gifs in game.

too bad there isn't anything like HLTV.

It would be challenging but maybe with a couple friends you could do something like that.  Stage some fights showcasing the techniques you've highlighted, have someone record them from a 3rd person perspective, make another shorter video. I'd be willing to help.

Edited by RentAKnight, January 31 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Inactive.

#42 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 31 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostwolfyFTW, on January 31 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

View PostConquistador, on January 30 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Hand over your videos! The people demand it!

Hmm_

Starting the planning stage for the next video - maybe something for those neglected C-classes_ Any suggestions on the format/focus/seriousness_

Sorry, let me rephrase that into true Canadian fashion:

Please give us your videos, the people respectfully ask for it. Please.

In all seriousness, I'd love to see bruiser and sharpshooter focused on since they have very niche roles for b classes that aren't captured by the assault, especially considering how powerful ss has become. (Admittedly, bruiser has its own set of problems, so perhaps it's better to ignore it for SS) Brawler would be the only c class that competently fits under the niche role banner too ( unless you count vanguard, which is something of a wildcard at this moment).

To summarise, a brawler-centric video would be handy. Also a sharpshooter-centric video.

Edited by Conquistador, January 31 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted January 31 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm working to help make the upcoming brawler/C class video, since I don't like writing essays about why "No seriously guys, Brawler's pretty cool!" all the time, I figured having a competently put together video on it would be better for preventing any early-onset arthritis.
But yes, any suggestions/comments on what to go over/what you have problems with in regards to the fatty mechs would be wholly appreciated!

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#44 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted January 31 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostSaturnine, on January 30 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

I was just making a joke. :(

Whoah - Please don't be sad, I didn't mean to sound miffed. It was a good joke! I meant to riff on your comment and smoothly dovetail in the minor addition that although it is a great video / nice compilation of tactics these things become natural in time etc. I guess It was a little bit like saying "Hey - us non-clanners agree too!" which was not necessary. Sorry if it came off like I didn't appreciate the joke.

My go-to Hawken resources are Hobo's data threads (props to his collaborators), Wolfy's videos, and RentaKnight's stream. No disrespect intended, honest.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#45 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 03:11 PM

I wasn't being serious either, no worries! Internet sarcasm is the worst, broski, meant nothing by it. :)

Posted Image

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#46 Ouronok

Ouronok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 04:03 AM

Great video! Now I know some good movements, thanks :D

#47 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 03 2013 - 02:16 AM

wolfy #1 community hero.

(sorry AJK, its not you, its me.)

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#48 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted February 04 2013 - 08:36 PM

i do things like this with out thinking about it, ive played to much and no what to expect lol

#49 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 05 2013 - 02:48 AM

video is really cool. I dont use "moving 180" before.
*went to practice

#50 GN010

GN010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPH GMT+8

Posted February 05 2013 - 03:04 AM

I tried duck-under and I must say with proper awareness in a situation, this move will surely give you a upper hand.

All I need now are flying mechs to practice on.

Edited by GN010, February 05 2013 - 03:05 AM.

public enum MECHS {
SHARPSHOOTER_LV25, REAPER_LV25, SCOUT_LV25, BRUISER_LV25, BRUISER_LV25, ROCKETEER_LV25, CRT_RECRUIT_LV20,
BRAWLER_LV1, GRENADIER_LV11
};//GN010 current mechs, plays @ us-west servers but located in gmt+8. @author gn010 @since 12/2012

#51 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:07 PM

I've to admit that I like the title and the vid/content as well. Good job! ;)

Edited by The_Silencer, February 06 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#52 MasterFALE

MasterFALE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 07:56 PM

This is an awesome vid WolfyFTW, can't wait to get a chance to try some of it out.

I'll be looking up the previous vids when I get some more time.

Also, I seem to recall being steam rolled by you at some point. No love lost though!
Posted ImageReaper(25), Scout(15), Infiltrator(6), Technician(11), Bruiser(25), CRT(15), SharpShooter(12), Rocketeer(18), Grenadier(12), Brawler(6)

#53 Setonius

Setonius

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, Texas

Posted February 06 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks wolfyFTW!  Watching your mind games videos has really been helpful.
Posted Image

#54 Command0Dude

Command0Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 05:27 PM

Sticky this, even as an experienced veteran player who regularly secures MVP, I learned a lot.

Bravo good sir.

#55 Blitz_Ace

Blitz_Ace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:29 PM

Very decent video. Watching it made me realize how I was doing most of those moves instinctively as I played. I learned more tricks today. Many thanks. Please keep those videos coming. Your work is appreciated by all.

#56 MajorMojo

MajorMojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationVienna, VA USA

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:20 PM

another great job.  deserving of playhawken home page.

#57 Balive

Balive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 03:56 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed this. As a new player myself, I have spent a lot of time outside of the game watching videos, reading posts and watching Xacius. When learning a new game I like to learn what is "possible" to do with said game and/or classes etc. Even after watching someone play, this is a great tool for learning the nuances of what one can achieve with practice.

#58 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 06:38 AM

WISE FWOM YOW GWAVE!

Posted Image

#59 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted October 04 2013 - 08:31 AM

After seeing the duck under video, I immediately solved a long term problem of dealing with many a-class mechs.  I cannot express in words how useful this move is and I have Wolfy to thank!
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#60 pseulak

pseulak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted October 07 2013 - 06:55 AM

Dodge-EX and The Moving 180 are pretty great. I started being less terrible after watching this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users