HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Project Boundary - new game with nice technical designs

Preview Art

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 12:39 AM

I've recently learnt 'bout this new asian title - currently in the developing. I felt in love in design and overal feel. I'm not sure about the game mechanic but the sci-fi world shown is really great. Just take a look on these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven't even knew that Chinese guys have so much trouble with censorship (quote from youtube):

"we are in mainland China,,

we constantly have big trouble visiting youtube and other site that's bannd here,,
so we may not be here very frequently,but we will be here as much times as possible to reply or to update
really thank you guys"

And here some gameplay:

Finally the direct link:

http://projectbounda...me-outline.html

Sorry if it was posted earlier.. haven't found it.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 24 2014 - 02:30 AM

Hm, cool, that looks a bit like Shattered Horizon with vehicles. :)

#3 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 24 2014 - 03:58 AM

don't sure about bullets in space :D
but looks interest.

#4 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted August 24 2014 - 04:19 AM

NO GRAVITY confirm :P

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#5 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 24 2014 - 07:10 AM

That looks like it could be interesting.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#6 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 24 2014 - 08:53 AM

bullets in space = infinite range. also equals no 100% accuracy, so no cross map snipers!

And it's Japanese! Go Nihon!

Edited by IronClamp, August 24 2014 - 09:00 AM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#7 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 24 2014 - 09:02 AM

molle racks... IN SPACE! looks like shattered horizon with your average NextGen™ filters applied. edit: whoa is this game just made from other people's assets_ call of duty reload/knife swing animations (insta-swing knife kills in space_ really_), call of duty weapon/impact sound effects, dead space breathing and heartbeat sound effects_ hopefully it's placeholder work or else they're bound to have some legal hammers dropped on them

Edited by Beefsweat, August 24 2014 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#8 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 24 2014 - 09:34 AM

This is relevant to my interests.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#9 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 10:53 AM

bullets in space = infinite range.
why_

how about the orbits of the planets. big planet like jupiter have a big gravity force. this can have an affect on bullet trajectory. as well as the rotation of the bullet when fired from a rifle. It can rotate in different directions.

I've never seen a video-experiment  with a real shot in space. Only the theory put forward by people. And for the most part they are contradictory.

i really love first part from dead space 3 where Aizek most of time fly in open space. and films about open space, despite the mistakes and the implausibility. just because it is very rare stuff.

this game may take its own niche... or, it expects Hawken fate, and the players complain about dizziness :D

#10 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 24 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

nope. bullets are not piniata:

Posted Image
there's some magic thing called 'escape velocity'. to reach Earth's lower orbit you need to reach speed of 8km per second. to escape Earth gravity and go to e.i. Jupiter u need at least more than 17 km/s but if you wanna say bye-bye to our little solar system more than 42 km per second is a must. the bullets flee the barrel with less than 1 km/s. so i'm afraid they'll stuck in Earth's orbit. ballistic missile could reach up to 8 km so it will stuck with us too. bummer.

#11 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 24 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostPelax, on August 24 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on August 24 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

nope. bullets are not piniata:

Posted Image
there's some magic thing called 'escape velocity'. to reach Earth's lower orbit you need to reach speed of 8km per second. to escape Earth gravity and go to e.i. Jupiter u need at least more than 17 km/s but if you wanna say bye-bye to our little solar system more than 42 km per second is a must. the bullets flee the barrel with less than 1 km/s. so i'm afraid they'll stuck in Earth's orbit. ballistic missile could reach up to 8 km so it will stuck with us too. bummer.

First of all, that image is marvelous. Secondly, and I could be wrong, if the bullets aren't being fired in the presence of gravity, as in the trailer, then Newton's Laws would take over, right_ So, until it either hits something or gets sucked in by some gravitational force, it would have infinite range, right_ I'm no expert, but that makes sense to me.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#12 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted August 25 2014 - 01:03 AM

First of all, that image is marvelous. Secondly, and I could be wrong, if the bullets aren't being fired in the presence of gravity, as in the trailer, then Newton's Laws would take over, right_ So, until it either hits something or gets sucked in by some gravitational force, it would have infinite range, right_ I'm no expert, but that makes sense to me.
And what about the starting velocity_ if they shoot the bullet when already in orbit, like in the video, the bullet will most probably end orbiting as well.
The gravity is present, you just don't see it's effects.
Shattered horizon with vehicles, me likey.

Edited by Vdragon, August 25 2014 - 01:06 AM.

#13 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 02:03 AM

In any case, in Earth orbit it will affect to a greater or lesser degree the atmosphere, and depending on the height of the orbit, the bullet will fly from a few days to a few thousand years until it comes within a distance sufficient to completely burn (in atmosphere). If the shot is far enough from the Earth, the bullet will come into a solar circular orbit.

For any shot, the bullet on any other objectswill never be straight line (straight trajectory) and with a stable speed, and always will be an orbital, even around the galactic center, and the movement accelerated, by the fact that a bullet will be affected by gravity until it with anything not face or burn in the atmosphere of a planet.

as well as the laws of weight. Although the space object was supposed to move indefinitely, but if you try to push "the truck" in space, which weighing about 10 tons, it will not budge.
And I'm also not sure about the bullet speed. my personal opinion, if the bullet hits the iron object in space, it not penetrate heavy iron, because bullet weight is very low.

Of course, I understand that this is a game, and in principle, for the sake of "playing in the open space," I am willing to tolerate absolutely any inaccuracies and violations of the laws of physics. :lol:

#14 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 25 2014 - 10:41 AM

Looks cool. The vehicle reminds me of the Mass Effect Mako.

And yeah, China has some pretty huge censorship issues.

For instance, the Tienanmen Square Massacre in 1989. Thousands of people killed by PLA troops. And the troops weren't armed for civilian control. They were armed with war equipment. Everything from assault rifles with ammunition designed to inflict maximum tissue damage, to tanks. And this information is entirely suppressed in China. If you were to Google it, you'd only find the location of Tienamen Square, and it's ancient historical significance to the Ming Dynasty. It's common for Chinese college students who go out of country for their education to learn about things like that for the first time.

That is probably one of the most extreme examples, but it's a indicator of how far the Chinese government is willing to go to censor information. A government that has no problems keeping the fact that they killed thousands of their own for peacefully protesting for democracy, is a government that would have no qualms about suppressing all sorts of things.

You know the documentary director Michael Moore_ He's highly critical of the American government, and has made several high profile films about its failings. But the worst he has to fear, in all truth, is being arrested because he pushed his boundaries a little too far and did something they could probably justify nailing him for. But in China_ Directors who are critical of the government don't fear arrest. That's small stuff. They fear for their lives, and the well being of their family and friends. One of the films that was an autobio by one of those directors showed him being followed by mysterious non-uniformed men in an unmarked SUV, and they weren't even being subtle about following him.

Sorry to get all political on you, but yeah. China has censorship problems.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#15 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted August 25 2014 - 10:46 AM

I wish these guys luck, this project looks very impressive so far.  I hope we'll be seeing it soon despite 'The Great Firewall' in China.

#16 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 25 2014 - 11:15 AM

Strangely reminds me of space engineers.  Looks pretty cool though

#17 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 29 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostSatelliteJack, on August 24 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

No, no, Pelax is right. THERE IS ALWAYS GRAVITY, not matter where you are in the universe, be it in deep space or next to a black hole. And gravity is always acting between any two objects, no matter the distance (or proximity).

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 25 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

China has censorship problems.

China_ Google: "Project Boundary, game" and look at the posters, you'll notice some funny, less complicated symbols mixed in with the larger, more familiar "chinese" symbols. That's called hiragana, and it's one of three JAPANESE alphabets. The larger "chinese" symbols look chinese because the Japanese stole some, calling them kanji.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Preview, Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users