- - - - - balance dodge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

So, over the last couple days I have noticed a few people "seemingly" able to dodge more often than they should be able to. In a few cases over 2 to 1 with the same class mech. in 1 case a B class with about .2 second cool down. 

Is there a new maneuver I don't know about? Exploit?

I have been playing awhile and I know about using boost to augment dodge, but anyone know how to reproduce what I'm seeing?

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I would need to see a video, I would just assume it was boost > turn+side dodge.

• comic_sans likes this

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I would need to see a video, I would just assume it was boost > turn+side dodge.

Ya, I thought so too. then I watched closely and there was no side turn, aiming and firing at me, never turned away.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

There has been cases where I wonder if the opponent is dodging more than they are supposed to. And when I see it, it's just dodges.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I've seen this as well. In B and C mechs. Don't know what's up or how they do it. But they manage to continuously dodge with no delay. I won't use FRAPS for it  as the files are huge and I'm on SSD drives and they are full of games and stuff. And you have to pay for FRAPS anyhow. And OBS the quality is not good but the files are smaller. I tried Nvidia's shadow play as I have a GTX780 but sometimes it just won't activate or it stops too early. I've asked others to use FRAPS or something but so far no one has.

I wanted to clarify this after watching the videos others have supplied since making this post. This is not what i am talking about. In one case I was in my zerker. This guy is in a heavy C. I cannot keep up with his direct left/right dodges in my zerker. His C is doing it faster with zero delay between dodges. He does this like 6 or 8 times. No he is not doing turn/dogde or air/dodge. They are on the ground. Straight left/right dodges. I've had a couple of them in B mechs do it. This has been in the last week. So not sure what's going on with that. BTW for those who don't know me. I've been here almost 3 yrs. Yes the majority of ppl are not cheating, but unfortunately some are. I don't have video so i don't accuse. And even if I did, I would not name them here as it's against forum rules.

And for the OP, glad  you got yours sorted out! You got lucky with the other guy seeing your post and supplying video. Good job.

Edited by Nov8tr, 18 April 2015 - 12:10 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I agree, there has been times where it felt like the opponent was dodging more than you were, even in the same mech

They would dodge faster than you could and this made you question them

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I've seen this as well. In B and C mechs. Don't know what's up or how they do it. But they manage to continuously dodge with no delay. I won't use FRAPS for it  as the files are huge and I'm on SSD drives and they are full of games and stuff. And you have to pay for FRAPS anyhow. And OBS the quality is not good but the files are smaller. I tried Nvidia's shadow play as I have a GTX780 but sometimes it just won't activate or it stops too early. I've asked others to use FRAPS or something but so far no one has.

OBS quality is perfectly fine. You may just need to adjust your bitrate under encoding settings. I record at 720p60 at 5000 kb/s. Here's an example:

Spoiler

Of course, youtube takes it's toll on the video quality so take this with a grain of salt.

x9x8x7x

x9x8x7x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

This is a video from my perspective Grizzled.

http://www.twitch.tv/x9x8x7x/c/6560565

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Good moves.

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

A friend I was playing with the other day mentioned something about people dodging on a super quick CD. I didn't notice anything myself though, and I didn't bother to ask if the subject(s) in question were doing dodge-dash-dodge stuff.

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Dodge+airdodge?
prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

In my cases, no, it was two dodges. Also, just to make sure, I wanted to see if you could land/jump cancel the dodge cooldown. I can't.

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Thanks X9X8X7, I messed up my 3rd dodge turn on that engagement during my 45 degree forward boost and lost sight of you. Well played.

I did not recognize the name, but based on the skill I was pretty sure it was an advanced player. 

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Can't say that I've seen anything fishy re: dodges myself.

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Funny you mention this, I thought it was me. Heavy mechs dodging way to quickly after initial dodge.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Dodge + boost does various things to people. Also, I have done a boost turn + dodge (180 dodge turn) and gotten behind people the throw them off. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Dodge + boost does various things to people. Also, I have done a boost turn + dodge (180 dodge turn) and gotten behind people the throw them off. 

ya, I don't get all butt hurt every time some one pulls some thing cool off, I just try to learn how to do it and counter it. In this couple times I have seen it, it was someone "orb lording" back and forth over an area, it appeared to me that they were facing me at medium range. in one case the person dodged twice while my tow was in the air between us with about 3/4 of a second flight time.  It looked to me like he remained facing my direction, he fired his tow at me. Hell, it might just be my ping. I am so glad to see the LA servers so I can play under 100 again. 

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I

I won't use FRAPS for it  as the files are huge and I'm on SSD drives and they are full of games and stuff. And you have to pay for FRAPS anyhow. And OBS the quality is not good but the files are smaller. I tried Nvidia's shadow play as I have a GTX780 but sometimes it just won't activate or it stops too early. I've asked others to use FRAPS or something but so far no one has.

Might want to look into Afterburner since that also has video recording capability as well as OSD for GPU stats. Does fairly fine too as long as you have a decent processor.

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm never thought of using afterburner for recording. Yes it does have that. I use it already for overclocking my video card. I will have to try that. Thanks for reminding me. Good idea.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, dodge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users