Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Upon activation:
- Gains a 10% damage reduction from all sources for the duration
- Regenerates 20% of initial missing HP over 5-10 seconds
- Unable to receive healing from other sources while active

- 55 second cooldown, no matter how long or short it lasted because the HP regenerated will always be that initial 20%

Heal/time mechanics:
When not being hit, it regenerates the initial 20% of missing HP in 5s.
If you're hit however, the healing slows down by 50% for a second and the Ability lasts a second longer.

This means it has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
This way you'll always regenerate that 20%, as long as you keep alive.

Since it always regenerates what is detected as 20% on initial button press, the cooldown'll always be the same.

(Currently 55 seconds, however I'm not sure if it's too low or high.)

Numbers:
400 HP = 80 over 5-10s - 16/8 per second
300 HP = 100 over 5-10s - 20/10 per second
200 HP = 120 over 5-10s - 24/12 per second
100 HP = 140 over 5-10s - 28/14 per second

Visual:
The Brawler angles the shields forwards and slightly spreads them out.
Meanwhile, the "armor plates" on them will open up and vent the usual yellow healing-effect.
The "wings" that mechs usually get while using an ability will ofcourse appear as well.

Notes:
I based it off of the Brawler's current turret mode.
It may seem a little underpowered compared to others, but I'd rather have that than an overpowered one.
The Brawler's already a very good mech without it.

Most importantly, it's not a cheesy activate-at-start Ability which requires no thought.

It involves alot more risk/reward than most other Abilities currently in the game.

Possible changes:
Perhaps healing from other sources should be cut in half while it's active?
Maybe 25% would be better after all?
Or maybe the healing should occur in 4-8s instead of 5-10?

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 28 April 2015 - 10:50 AM.

• OmegaNull, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 13 others like this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Noice, +1

I want more heavy mechs with cool wing animations :D

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Brawler with wings?

Instant +1

Furry+_c87927f5_c8f6_6f92.png

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 28 April 2015 - 06:48 AM.

Spoiler

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Noice ...than Brawler will be beast mech in game  :pirate:

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Until the whole healing issue is resolved I don't think having this sort of detriment for a support ability would be fair. In this case, no other source of healing while the ability is active. Also I don't think the ability should extend in time while being hit (and while having added defense too).

Overall, not a bad idea, really.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i like it 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

What's the point in further suggestions no matter if they are good or not? 

The forums are floated with these and none of themm will be noticed, 'cause it is way too early.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
I REALLY like this. It works well in conjunction with the brawler's play style. It's unique and not overpowered because it would stop other forms of healing. It will be slower than repair drone I think so it will still hold the functionality of the older turret mode as being used when repairing isn't safe. Give it like a minute cool down and you're golden. As for the animation, I immediately imagined the wings unfurling outward as health orb (sparks?) rained down on the brawler. As I said before I really like this idea and I hope it gets implemented.
  • Meraple likes this

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

As for the animation, I immediately imagined the wings unfurling outward as health orb (sparks?) rained down on the brawler.

Fancy wing positioning is one thing, but actually making them seem like they're being useful is another.

Do you mean the plates'll vent the healing effect, but the wings just in a different position?

The G2-Raider's wings don't do much other than lower themselves to magically increase walking speed because battle turkey.

Grenadeer's don't do anything, they look like they're not used for anything other than looking like all other C-classes.

Neither of them look like the wings are actually useful for anything during their ability.

By making the reactive armor plates open up and vent "heal effects" it looks like they're there for more than just design.

And hey, imagine fighting a Brawler when it pops the ability.

Wings tilted forwards and slightly spread, with the plates open and venting the yellow heal stuff.

Both damn terrifying and an awe to behold if done correctly.

It'd look aggressive as heck, this game needs more of that.

Also eye candy, everyone loves that.

I REALLY like this. It works well in conjunction with the brawler's play style. It's unique and not overpowered because it would stop other forms of healing. It will be slower than repair drone I think so it will still hold the functionality of the older turret mode as being used when repairing isn't safe.

I've only picked up the Brawler again since yesterday, but thank you.

I tried my best to make it have somewhat similar traits to the turret mode, while not being a death sentence to use in combat.

Give it like a minute cool down and you're golden. As I said before I really like this idea and I hope it gets implemented.

I've edited a 55s cooldown into the OP, seems like a fair cooldown for this ability in my eyes.

Thanks again, and I share your hope. :tongue:

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 28 April 2015 - 10:45 AM.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i liiiiiiiiikkeeeee it

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
Noice ...than Brawler will be beast mech in game  :pirate:

...brawler already the best mech in game :laugh:

noice idea, but if brawler take a regeneration (+fusor +orbs) brawler probably will be a really OP mech :happy:

actually, turret-mode can working good if brawler HP regen in fight and not in fight will be equal (like it was before)

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Cool concept, but that easily makes Brawler OP. Already an incredibly good mech, also add that ability? Say you have an orblord brawler + that ability when the orbs run dry, effective health would be off the fuzzing charts

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

The G2-Raider's wings don't do much other than lower themselves to magically increase walking speed because battle turkey.

Neither of them look like the wings are actually useful for anything during their ability.

The clear solution is to have the G2R's wings drop upon ability activation, then have the wings start flapping wildly as the pilot starts moving. Bolts and plates and other debris should fly off during this flapping action to look similar to a turkey losing feathers as it flaps.

Add on a horn that sounds like a turkey call on loop and we're doubling the Hawken population overnight.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
If you'd activate the Ability at half HP in combat:
- Heals 8HP/s, 80HP, resulting in 480HP total after 10s
- 10% damage reduction would result in an effective HP of 526
End result would be a maximum of 126 extra effective HP if you live for the full duration and die immediately after it ends.
Activating the Ability at any lower amount of HP would be very risky.

I think item Orbs heal for 170 and death Orbs 120?
If that's correct it's almost the same value as a death Orb.

I'm too braindead to think if those numbers are too much or not so I'll keep it to just those numbers for now.

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

What's the point in further suggestions no matter if they are good or not? 

The forums are floated with these and none of themm will be noticed, 'cause it is way too early.

A good idea always remains as a good idea,even if its too early,it can be used later,and this idea needs to be heared i think.dont forget that twin vulcan mech was kinda suggested earlier(even i suggested a zerker with twin vulcans back then),we got the g2 assault,maybe this idea of the ability can be used in g2 brawler,who knows,i still like it.

Edited by Odinous, 31 July 2015 - 09:28 PM.

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

almost double post  :wallbash:

Edited by Odinous, 31 July 2015 - 09:33 PM.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Now this is an exciting idea. I already run Advanced Armor Fusor on Brawler, because if you get kills, you get heals on the move. And despite the massive reduction in mobility, I always thought the Brawler's existing ability was decent because, you can move (slowly), heal, and shoot at the same time. 

With this proposed ability  plus a couple yummy orbs, and a little teamwork, one could be nigh unstoppable. I say make it so that when ability is deployed, you can't absorb any orbs. Technician should still always work however. But perhaps add a heat build-up penalty in the situation of being healed by a Tech with this ability deployed. So you can't just plop some turrets, hang out with an EMP toting BattleTech near some corner cover, and fend off the whole team. Since you wouldn't be in turret mode strictly speaking, you would be able to dodge while using this ability, correct? That would be crazy insane. Plus you can still use orbs, as pointed out, just not when this ability is in use.

movieposter.jpg

Cooldown, eh at first I wanted it to be lower, now I think 55 sec is okay. It's basically like an emergency health bank you can summon, without the sacrifice of mobility that the current turtle mode has, plus the temporary damage-reduction that the Bruiser has. One of the simplest, most brute-force tactics with Brawler is try to trick a lesser mech into trying to out-tank you. You can take the pain, and if you can land your shots, you win. Whoever reaches zero health first loses. Pop this new ability, while Fusor is also healing you, and/or a tech is near, now that's tough. 

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I say make it so that when ability is deployed, you can't absorb any orbs.

You can't.

Upon activation:
- Unable to receive healing from other sources while active

Healing from other sources means everything not directly coming from the ability itself.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 01 August 2015 - 12:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brawler, Ability, Idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users