• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Ok, i rarely post and even less starting a topic, but i'm very pissed of this issue.

I think the first thing that makes the rounds unbalanced is when teams are uneven (not the same amount of players).

I wish there is a way to retain last dead player in lobby or ad a temporary bot till another player joins or leaves.

I'm bored to sit and wasting time for balance and do not see others doing the same.

Please focus on this problem it affects the whole quality of the game.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Adding a temporary bot could be an easy solution, but it would require the bots to have some better AI so that it wouldn't just feed the enemy team. 

If the game changed the added bot's skill level, accuracy and mech based off what the team was lacking, then I can see this being feasible.

Edited by (KDR) Miscellaneous, 23 August 2015 - 02:58 AM.

• LarryLaffer, Odinous and Onebullit like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

I deinstalled the game last night. I really sat 10 minutes and stared at the screen before i dared to do it. I know that sounds   ludicrous....

Anyway i have excellent times in this game but in the end its 3 out of 20 games.  Its just not worth the time. Anyway i am sure i will be reinstalling it. I am junky for Hawken after all but yesterday was too much. One stomp after another. Doesn´t matter if i am on the winning side or not. The second reason for my byebye was that some of the players in EU are unbearable haters/idiots. I am probably not made for online playing anyway.

Second goal should be consequences for a) cheaters and b) for fuzzy bunnies that constantly and deliberately destroy the experience for others.  I am not talking about kinky comments and your testosterone poisened brah-bantering. I am aware this is a thing in online gaming and why not.

Doing parties would be a possibility but the player base is just not big enough for that. Sad now.

• LarryLaffer, Odinous, Amidatelion and 6 others like this

BimboRotto

BimboRotto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I deinstalled the game last night. I really sat 10 minutes and stared at the screen before i dared to do it. I know that sounds   ludicrous....

Anyway i have excellent times in this game but in the end its 3 out of 20 games.  Its just not worth the time. Anyway i am sure i will be reinstalling it. I am junky for Hawken after all but yesterday was too much. One stomp after another. Doesn´t matter if i am on the winning side or not. The second reason for my byebye was that some of the players in EU are unbearable haters/idiots. I am probably not made for online playing anyway.

Second goal should be consequences for a) cheaters and b) for fuzzy bunnies that constantly and deliberately destroy the experience for others.  I am not talking about kinky comments and your testosterone poisened brah-bantering. I am aware this is a thing in online gaming and why not.

Doing parties would be a possibility but the player base is just not big enough for that. Sad now.

Sad to see you going, hope this is just a temporary phase for you. Can't imagine to see EU servers without Aelita.  Not really many good players left to team up with vs haters/idiots.

:-(

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Adding a temporary bot could be an easy solution, but it would require the bots to have some better AI so that it wouldn't just feed the enemy team. 

If the game changed the added bot's skill level, accuracy and mech based off what the team was lacking, then I can see this being feasible.

Adding an AssaultAI (most balanced mech fitting most of situations) with a AI level according to the MMR  of the round (i think there are some levels in IA like in co-op) should fit.

I knew it will happen and even if i'm not surprised, i'm sad cause you are one of the few persons who give me hope in Hawken community.

You shouldn't had desinstall the game but just take a break away from his shortcut.

I hope to meet you here or there again and the sooner the better ;)

• HHJFTRU and Moeaswordusrex like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

5v4:

if the 5th player dies, he can not respawn until one of his teammates dies. 

Heroes and generals has this feature and I must say it is a good one. 

But ofcourse no, why should anyone care about Hawken? I say 50€. 50€ if this feature gets implemented the next month (until 23.09.2015). Or anything that fixes uneven teams. And I get 50€ if it won't get fixed within this time period. 

So, what do you think shall I buy from 50 bucks?

Edited by FakeName, 23 August 2015 - 03:53 AM.

• FRX23, Meraple, Onebullit and 2 others like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

So, what do you think shall I buy from 50 bucks?

A better attitude.

Edited by clomic_snuts, 23 August 2015 - 04:41 AM.

• Miscellaneous, Odinous, hellc9943 and 8 others like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

A better attitude.

Look I was not asking for low quality producs of no relevance.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

A better attitude.

7JCJTQP.gif

• Aregon, DieselCat, LaurenEmily and 4 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

7JCJTQP.gif

If you could hear a GIF this would be the one.

• Miscellaneous, comic_sans and DeeRax like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

7JCJTQP.gif

qanda_yawn.jpg

Now you had to yawn lol

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Please let flame out of this topic.

• comic_sans likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Please let flame out of this topic.

lighter-1.jpg

• Aregon, Onebullit, DeeRax and 1 other like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Sad to see you go. I can see where you're coming from though, but I hope you'll be back some day because I don't want to end up alone with the idiots and haters.

Besides, I've always thought that you and Kindos would finally come together.

• FRX23 and comic_sans like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Maybe in a shotgun wedding? I am sure my relatives would spend a goat or two. Don´t worry. I like the game too much to give up on it forever. Seeing the "oh so funny" hijacker-comments in this tread then again, i think a break is not such a bad idea.

If more people would play along and sit out to even games or would at least care, i am sure we wouldn´t have those issues. But the developers are definetly asked for some action here as well. Vote options are a must, i am afraid. They removed the switch button ages ago. Now you need to leave the game and re-enter for it. Thats just plain silly. I would like to see some ideas, no matter how strange. To make this not a troll thread or a goodbye thread but a constructive one. I know there are clever folks in this forum.

• 1uster likes this

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

b-but Aelita...

Us EU fools will miss you :,c

• FRX23 and Rainbow_Sheep like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Maybe in a shotgun wedding? I am sure my relatives would spend a goat or two.

If there is chocolate cake too I'm sold.
  • FRX23, Aelita and Rainbow_Sheep like this

"Go pro, it's worth it"

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

If the teams are still uneven a minute or so into the match, I'll type in chat that I'm sitting out till another player joins in or one leaves if no one else has. The thing that bothers me about this is not only do uneven matches cause a problem like the OP'er has explained, especially if the skill levels  between teams are uneven, but it ruins my mmr score which I'm trying to get out of the basement....but that's another topic already being discussed in another thread.

It's not fair to have an unbalanced number of players on teams, but with this being a common problem it's also not quite fair to have a player sit out and wait (hope) for more people to show up to even things out while the match possibly gets one sided and wastes away.....not that I see many players willing to sit when teams are unbalanced, which disappoints me.

Though, having said all this, if there are an unbalanced number of players where a team is one player down and the skill levels are relatively even, I kind of enjoy it if I'm on the lesser team...it's a bit of a challenge. But these situations seem to be rare for me.    

Some of the suggestions made to try and combat this issue should be looked at and hopefully something implemented until the game is healthy enough to start attracting and retaining new players that should counteract this problem.

*+  

• FRX23, Aelita and StubbornPuppet like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Moeaswordusrex

Moeaswordusrex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Sad to see you go. I hope to see you back soon, but im not surprised you left. The game seems to be in a rather sorry state, and whilst there are many nice poeple with in the comunity, there are also many morons. To be honest I feel like leaving sometimes, but it is like a drug to me. Out of all of the players, you can at least be happy knowing you were not one of the jerks. Excuse my bad spelling or grammer.
  • FRX23 and Aelita like this

Damn it seth!

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The second reason for my byebye was that some of the players in EU are unbearable haters/idiots.

To be quite honest, if you expect a community on the internet to be even half nice and decently intelligent people you need to face reality.

People who may be nice and kind in real life sometimes turn ugly on the internet.

Adding an AssaultAI (most balanced mech fitting most of situations) with a AI level according to the MMR  of the round (i think there are some levels in IA like in co-op) should fit.

It wouldn't do well in a high-MMR match, I feel elaboration on this would be redundant.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

It wouldn't do well in a high-MMR match, I feel elaboration on this would be redundant.

Have you played some of the high MMR bots?  Straight-up hackers.  You can still use cover like only a human would, but when you're in the open, they just don't miss.

Edited by clomic_snuts, 23 August 2015 - 12:19 PM.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Have you played some of the high MMR bots?  Straight-up hackers.  You can still use cover like only a human would, but when you're in the open, they just don't miss.

I did that back when the coop-TDM first came out, and the upped damage along with the perfect aim made it quite hard.

Mini-FLAK Scout bots DPS raced our Brawlers, and the Sharpies made it impossible to go out with A-classes.

Recently I played 2500+ bots and they weren't that hard for some reason.

Their turning was slow, their aim not that great and at times they just stood still as they kept missing me.

The former would probably do well, but I don't know what I think of a damage-hacking bot in pub matches.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 23 August 2015 - 12:29 PM.

• comic_sans likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

To be quite honest, if you expect a community on the internet to be even half nice and decently intelligent people you need to face reality.

People who may be nice and kind in real life sometimes turn ugly on the internet.

This, haha. Internet is my playground lol. Don't have to give a damn about anything.

There are reasons why quotes like "Welcome to the internet!" exist.

But back on track. I would probably like to have ADH back. So I can blame them for their failure a little longer. 

What is the point of priorities? Nothing will get done in time. If anything will get done at all. 

With the current resources and effort put in this game, I expect it to suffer another long and painful death, wasting hours of playtime in the end.

Gosh how I hate inefficiency and all what belongs to that.

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Hmm. I hate making this a back and forth thing but i have time and here we go.

@meraple. i dun care about rude words. I enjoy a good bullshitting myself ingame. But if a guy follows you a whole day from server to server just to destroy  your games by feeding, then i would say it is something i don´t expect from a game. Sorry if you do. It seems my world is a happier place then yours.

@fake name. thats the sadest thing i read all day. i don´t even .. nah, its a lost case.

But hey congrats. Thread is dead. Back to copypasting memes and silly jokes. This is the equivalent to a guy cursing about his team, instead of giving some usefull advice to it. May i quote one of my "favorite" players: "You are a moron if you don´t give your team fuzzy bunny. Now shut the fuzzy bunny up fuzzy bunny."

And that is what i do now.

gl n hf, pilots!

• hellc9943 likes this

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

This problem needs to be solved, and Fakename's suggestion is not bad at all.

Edit:

Miscellaneous suggestion can also work.

Edited by Onebullit, 23 August 2015 - 04:46 PM.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

The last 15 games made me wonder why I even bother to waste my time trying again and again, hoping to have a decent team  or a non-stomp match, so I uninstalled on saturday. IMO the stomping and really fuzzy bunnyed up match making got even worse over the last week. 

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Regarding bots or retaining the last dead player, I like those ideas, however I don't think that this is something Reloaded will waste much time on. If the playerbase broadens the issues with uneven teams and MMR will probably disappear.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Population, population, population.

Possible temporary bandages:  Don't let matches start with fewer than 6 players or with uneven teams.  Don't let people quit mid-match without making them wait 4 minutes before they can join another.  Fewer servers in each game-mode/region so that more players end up in the same match.

And here's a new one I haven't heard before: On Siege or Missile Assault, impose a reduction of damage that the ship/silos do to the base of the team that is short players.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I can totally understand your reasoning behind the uninstall. Right now I am also hesitating to quit bc of that fuzzy bunny going on for now so long in EU with no reaction (ban) from devs and the missing ggs without any tech, scanner, incs, mech map exploiters (ss and hf mass on bunker eg), quitters, missing team coordination, silly spawn positioning, strange hit reg... and than those fuzzy bunnyng 16 man servers.

So yeah. Team balance should be number one even. Beside that - which will take time bc of changing code and stuff - they could vary at least some values on some weapons just bring in some life in the meta..

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

What I (hypothetically) can't wait to see if AI Bots are implemented to balance teams is all the cries of "HACKER" and "AIMBOTTER".  I see it coming in every match, some guy starts raging that a player is a cheater... then quits the match out of embarrassment when people tell him, "Um, that's just the AI Bot added to balance teams man."  LOL

cbrxx

cbrxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Making someone wait 4 minutes when leaving a server is the best idea yet.  It would encourage people to stay put and let the match maker do its job.

• DieselCat and StubbornPuppet like this

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

I understand Aelita
many bad players in EU

programmers no reacts

many smurfs destriyng balance

Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I agree on this issue. Almost every tdm game i have been in, one team wins by 20 points or more. There needs to be some skill based team balancing implemented.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I agree on this issue. Almost every tdm game i have been in, one team wins by 20 points or more. There needs to be some skill based team balancing implemented.

Actually, there is.  It's in place and it works really well... when the following three conditions exist:

1. Matches start with a mostly full compliment of players.

2. People don't quit after a match has started.

3. There are enough people online to fill matches quickly.

When you start a 12 player match with 4-8 players and then people slowly join the match in progress, Hawken gives the team who is down a man or who is currently losing the new player.  There is really no good option at that point for making sure teams remain pefectly balanced without making all players who are joining sit in limbo until another player of equivalent skill joins - and nobody is gonna want to deal with that.  So, if the player joining in progress happens to be the best player in the whole match, it's luck of the draw for which team gets them.  And, you know what?  That's exactly how it ought to be.

When people quit mid match, it also throws things into chaos and the first person to join takes us right back to the above point.

And we also don't currently have the population numbers to make sure that most matches start full and that all players get to play with people of the same skill.  So the matchmaker makes compromises... and that's also as it should be.

Perhaps the biggest problem that exists is that almost everyone leaves the server at the end of every match.  I just don't get why, other than that there are a few incentives (like the stupid daily win bonus), that people wouldn't want to stick around so that they can play in a full, balanced match that starts that way from the beginning!!!  Incentivizing players to stick around for match after match, in the same server, is about the easiest way I can think of to relieve this current problem.

• DM30 and HHJFTRU like this

cbrxx

cbrxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Forgot to mention <3 Aelita.  Here's a Yankee hug.  *edit*

Come back.  Everyone loves an opinionated lady gamer.

Edited by cbrxx, 25 August 2015 - 09:56 PM.

• FRX23 and hoghead like this

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

The problems of uneven teams and leavers  are very important to solve in order to make matchmaker work properly. I think that match should begin only with even teams, and if new player connects to already started match then he/she have to wait until teams will be even.

Also I think that penalty for leaving should be more strict, i.e. player who left the match will not receive exp and HC for next few matches. It's really sad to see that players are leaving just because they think they can't win in particular situation. True experience and skill can be obtained only through defeats, not victories.

@aelita: take a little break and then return back in Hawken. I (and everyone else I think) do that from time to time for the various reasons. Tbh I returned recently only because of Hrono, who convinced me to participate in Priority Target tournament. Otherwise I would have calmly played other games and have forgotten that Hawken is a really good game despite all its flaws. I hope I'll see you next time on the battlefield, pilot :thumbsup:

• FRX23 likes this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

At a first start and till devs fix that, i encourage everybody to 'unready' if the teams are uneven when the game is preparing.

Starting uneven is always a mess : the less players team got the better pilots considering their mmr, but when a new player joins the game, he'll automatically be put in the lower player team, probably making unbalance.

When a player joins a game with even teams, he's welcome to 'sit' if the score is close.

• DieselCat and comic_sans like this

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

I'd like to add my 2 cents in regards to sitting in matches and other stuff that is time consuming.

I am willing to invest about 30-45 minutes in Hawken a day. I have a lot of stuff do, job, hobbies, etc. stuff I really love doing, so my time is very precious to me.

When I decide to invest say 40 minutes in Hawken at a certain day I am not going to sit around and wait, especially with the habbit that so many leave the server at the end of the match.

Same goes for the idea to punish quitters. When I join a match in progress and the score is already 9-21 or 21-9. or 500-3000 I'll leave again instantly.

I'm not gonna waste my time getting stomped or joining a stomping team. 

Sometimes this results in me joining 4, 5 matches in rapid succession and then quitting Hawken for the day and do stuff where I'm not at the mercy of luck.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^I only invest that same amount of time per day.  But I still made and support suggestions that prevent quitting and imbalanced teams - which would disincentivize and, yes, in some cases, punish quitting.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
just feed the enemy team.

bots can be only in MA or Siege. Where feed don't have affect (but obviously, enemy team (or your team) can earn alot of points because easily can kill bots)

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TDM, siege, MA, balance, uneven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users