• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

What do You think about it? Is it op? Balanced? Maybe underpowered? Should be changed or left alone as it is?

Let's talk. :)

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

The pred is in no way op. It's good. Stalker mode is good. It's super hard to use and gets turned of if you breathe on it or look at it funny. Not op. Not bad. Just fine.

• Miscellaneous, Odinous, LaurenEmily and 4 others like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Pred is strong.

Not in need of any balancing, even though the versatility of that mech can match the assault's.

• System64 likes this

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

...versatility of that mech can match the assault's.

O_________O

Am I just not playing this mech right?!

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 28 September 2015 - 04:10 PM.

• Lioot, Miscellaneous, Odinous and 3 others like this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Reloaded needs to unpatch the bug that allowed you to side dodge while in Stalker mode.

• FEF-FEFington likes this

TpsOr7F.png

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Reloaded needs to unpatch the bug that allowed you to side dodge while in Stalker mode.

it doesn't use fuel so i don't see why not. (though i may be very wrong, probably, most definitely)

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

O_________O

Nope, ask Petri how to predator. If he's not about, ask Thorn. Otherwise, do what I do

Play Raider and git gud :3

Even though you could out-Raider my Raider

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

O_________O

I think he means in terms other than offensive. The Assault is 'versatile' because it is very forgiving, you can still destroy a mech or two with an Assault, even if you're in a bad situation.

Now, while the exact opposite is true for the Predator, it is very good at preventing those bad situations from happening at all (to you and your teammates), because you can see through walls and coordinate your team, spot flankers and even deny the enemy certain areas with your mines.

So yea - versatile.

EDIT: language

Edited by (KDR) Bergwein, 28 September 2015 - 04:50 PM.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

the stalker mode is good, i know some people who a salty about it seeing cloaked infils, but other than that i hear no issues about it.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Predator is for alternative people with diseased brains.  It's only good if you have no morals or decency, because if you don't, the mech awakens to take advantage of what a horrible person you are.  When you're in a pred, just think: what would be the biggest fuzzy bunny move possible right now?  When you have your answer, you will have triumphed, in a reproachable sort of way.  It doesn't wash off.

• phed, coldform, DerMax and 14 others like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Jason Endrago, on 29 Sept 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

it doesn't use fuel so i don't see why not. (though i may be very wrong, probably, most definitely)

not related to fuel. dodge generates heat. heat breaks cloak.

the issue with G2R on map is a bug, pred dodge is intended.

• Odinous likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Breacher pred is second in fun-ness only to EOC infil.

• -Tj-, Pleasure_Mortar and Badtings like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

not related to fuel. dodge generates heat. heat breaks cloak.

the issue with G2R on map is a bug, pred dodge is intended.

wat.

Do you really thing that dodging generates heat...

Please tell me you don't.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

wat.

It should,cause u use trusters,we got flame every time we dodge..at least it would be "logic"

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

pred is a mech that punches you and pushes you into the mud when you make any mistake. every time you stand up and launch in it. when you learn to deal with that you can make it punch and push others into the mud.

Breacher pred is second in fun-ness only to EOC infil pred.

added more mines

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Predator is quite difficult to play, but when played well, the Predator is very versatile and very dangerous.  Underrated because not many people play it well, and those who do, I'm actually scared of them when they play. Stalker mode is absolutely fine too.  

Edited by Silverfire, 28 September 2015 - 09:46 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

it's bs in dm, otherwise it's cool.  

• _incitatus and comic_sans like this

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

If you know what you're doing, stalker vision is easily the most broken part of the whole predator. Being able to see through walls is a huge advantage, and if you're good, you can pounce on a enemy player and murder him before he even has a chance to fire back.

• kvazarsky likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
Imho, pred have only one problem. He can't detonate his eoc-p mines while use thrusters. I'm still think it is a bug. (and should be fixed)

Pred wallhack... well I think it is mostly good when you play with teamspeak with you friends, and you can say them what your enemies do, and where they're stand. Vision also have a only 40m range (less than 2 dodges distance, If I remember correct), in good hand, it is a normal mech.

Edited by nepacaka, 28 September 2015 - 11:03 PM.

• Merl61, Kopra, KOS_Baconman and 1 other like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

wat.

You wanna go science up in this biatch,because that is how you do that.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Imho, pred have only one problem. He can't detonate his eoc-p mines while use thrusters. I'm still think it is a bug. (and should be fixed)
Pred wallhack... well I think it is mostly good when you play with teamspeak with you friends, and you can say them what your enemies do, and where they're stand. Vision also have a only 40m range (less than 2 dodges distance, If I remember correct), in good hand, it is a normal mech.

It's a bummer and really annoying, breaking the flow, but on the other hand, if you could detonate them while boosting, you could then also detonate them while repairing or being affected with EMP.

That being said, the HF suffer from the same problem. You can't lock on or keep a lock while boosting.
  • nepacaka likes this

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

If you know what you're doing, stalker vision is easily the most broken part of the whole predator. Being able to see through walls is a huge advantage, and if you're good, you can pounce on a enemy player and murder him before he even has a chance to fire back.

Honestly, this is my biggest concern when I'm thinking about stalker mode. In every other fps I know, see-through walls is considered a cheating. I just started toying with pred (after a few hours with infi) and the only mech type I fear is other predator.

Maybe it's because of my noob mmr. Maybe in higher tier rooms players are more aware of predator's tricks. I'm not saying I'm great, but I had situations when enemies just walked next to me, a few almost bumped in me while boosting.

Edited by kvazarsky, 29 September 2015 - 02:22 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Predator is for alternative people with diseased brains. It's only good if you have no morals or decency, because if you don't, the mech awakens to take advantage of what a horrible person you are. When you're in a pred, just think: what would be the biggest fuzzy bunny move possible right now? When you have your answer, you will have triumphed, in a reproachable sort of way. It doesn't wash off.

So... Dew?
  • phed, _incitatus, -Tj- and 3 others like this

jjm1

jjm1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Tips for living among Predators in an a-class:

Every corner belongs to the Predators, not you.

Always assume they are watching and waiting while your being freaked by the various decorative particle effects in the map.

You should probably not attack if you see it already eye-balling you.

You should flee like a coke squirrel if you hear a EOC Predator shot. Assuming your still alive.

If you have a team, don't go far from it. They can avenge you when you get whacked.

Don't forget to study the walls floor, ceilings, trees, electrical wiring and grass strands for hidden minefields.

The Breacher is good at long range and short range and it penetrates shields. Because the Pred needed another ability.

Good luck.

• Odinous, eth0 and Kopra like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Stalker mode is not really op once you start playing with the skilled people who can see it coming and know how to be prepared for it, it has it's drawbacks too and the predator is already kinda tough to be successful with, but when done right it is a very dangerous thing.

• Pleasure_Mortar likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

oyoy

oyoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Not OP but.. just ruined the experience of playing an infiltrator. Also what's the deal with mines remain in the field after he died long ago?

• 1uster likes this

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Not OP but.. just ruined the experience of playing an infiltrator. Also what's the deal with mines remain in the field after he died long ago?

I guess that's just a quirk like eoc pucks staying on the battlefield too, along with heat cannon still firing the last projectile at death and some others.

Watch your step!

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

oyoy

oyoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I guess that's just a quirk like eoc pucks staying on the battlefield too, 

Not even close. Are you seriously comparing EOC damage lasting 5 seconds vs. 480 mines damage that continued until further notice?

along with heat cannon still firing the last projectile at death

Ping luxurious, not all of us have it but feel free to use it. If the server doesn't know that you were dead 150 ms ago, why should you care ..Right?  :no:

Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

So... Dew?

I keep on saying the only way to play Pred correctly is to be a huge opportunistic dickhole.

• _incitatus, -Tj-, JeffMagnum and 5 others like this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

So... Dew?

Obviously, but as baffling as it sounds, I'm 100% sure we both know worse humans that also pilot preds.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Obviously, but as baffling as it sounds, I'm 100% sure we both know worse humans that also pilot preds.

I... without bringing smurfs I can't identify into this, I can't really think of one.

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Pred mines are still bugged.

You can't pop them with Grenades or other techniques a lot of the time.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I... without bringing smurfs I can't identify into this, I can't really think of one.

Comic once told me that he and dew were part of a community or forums or something that was simply full of assholes and acting like one is a totally normal thing. There probably are people much worse than him. And that's something I'm missing as of right now. I need new sources of knowledge in the ways of being an fuzzy bunny ...

• comic_sans likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

To answer OP, it's simply just much better than the infiltrator's. MUCH, better.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Comic once told me that he and dew were part of a community or forums or something that was simply full of assholes and acting like one is a totally normal thing. There probably are people much worse than him. And that's something I'm missing as of right now. I need new sources of knowledge in the ways of being an fuzzy bunny ...

What, /b/ ?

• Miscellaneous and kvazarsky like this

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Tips for living among Predators in an a-class:

Every corner belongs to the Predators, not you.
Always assume they are watching and waiting while your being freaked by the various decorative particle effects in the map.
You should probably not attack if you see it already eye-balling you.
You should flee like a coke squirrel if you hear a EOC Predator shot. Assuming your still alive.
If you have a team, don't go far from it. They can avenge you when you get whacked.
Don't forget to study the walls floor, ceilings, trees, electrical wiring and grass strands for hidden minefields.
The Breacher is good at long range and short range and it penetrates shields. Because the Pred needed another ability.

Good luck.

You forgot most important thing: Spacebar.
  • comic_sans likes this

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Actually, I think the Pred made playing as Infil more interesting. It's the one mech that can see you coming, no matter what you try to do, so you always have to make sure you're going after a Pred that's either busy or not paying attention, or simply try to out-play it with better maneuverability and consistent aim.

Stalker mode seems fine to me as-is. Keeping it slow-moving while cloaked means it needs to be used strategically to catch unaware pilots off guard. Last night, a new player was trying to discourage others from buying it, thinking it was underpowered and just not good. On the contrary, it can be very powerful in the right hands. More than other mechs, it takes some understanding of how and where its useful before you really find out just how powerful it can be.

• kvazarsky likes this

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Actually, I think the Pred made playing as Infil more interesting. It's the one mech that can see you coming...

The stealth is so *****y that everyone can see you coming. Just sucks that they can see you coming behind walls, then again it doesn't matter what mech you are in that situation. I had a good laugh when they patched the Shield item so that you couldn't fire out of it for balance purposes but then introduce a weapon that allows you to do just that. I'll always miss ADH's style of comedy.

• eth0 likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Pred is fine, stalker mode is fine.

I feel like a lot of the mixed reactions/feelings about it come from the fact that the graphic appearance of a cloaked Pred is inconsistent from one computer to the next.  Some graphics cards and some settings make it appear differently than others.  Some players say they can't see them at all... while others, like myself, think a cloaked Pred is really easy to see.  I have a much harder time seeing a cloaked Infiltrator.

I have an MSI Radeon GTX 960 4GB running with every setting on max.  If I didn't see a cloaked Pred, it is because I am sleeping on the job.

Seems to me that it would be a good thing for Reloaded to take a look at the graphics for the Predator and Infiltrator in cloak/stalker mode and see what can be done to give them a consistently hard to see appearance across all cards and quality settings.  I have yet to see a screenshot of a cloaked Predator from someone who is using the "plastic shading" graphics settings, but I suspect they can see them plain as day.  Correct me if I'm wrong (and show a picture please).

• Charcoal likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

The stealth is so *****y that everyone can see you coming. Just sucks that they can see you coming behind walls, then again it doesn't matter what mech you are in that situation. I had a good laugh when they patched the Shield item so that you couldn't fire out of it for balance purposes but then introduce a weapon that allows you to do just that. I'll always miss ADH's style of comedy.

Yeah, true, the Infil cloak is pretty crap, I'll admit. Works well on noobs, but anyone past absolute beginner can see it clear as day. At that point cloak becomes a huge bull's eye.

Also, it's strange how some graphics cards display the Pred cloak different from the Infil cloak. On my PC they look exactly the same on all settings, but Nov brought it to my attention that it looks quite different on his machine. I'd be interested to see some screenshots or video of the two on a computer that shows the differences.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Predator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users