16 replies to this topic

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Hey-Ho,

as an optimist I say the playerbase of Hawken will grow a lot the next months or at least after the release of new content. Of course that won't only be returning old players, no, there will also be a bunch of new players to enjoy playing Hawken. We have already got really helpful guides in this forum, additionally we have got many guides and tutorials on Youtube.

However, there might be new players or semi-experienced players who don't actually know what they are doing wrong and the best way to improve your skills is to have got an experienced player looking at your playstyle and telling you what you could do better. I've already met some players who would be happy to have such a coach, so how about the idea of coaching?

You could just post in a separate thread either you need help to play a specific Mech or playing at all or you offer your help for playing specific Mechs in that thread. Then you could just write to the persons you want to help or you would liked to be helped from via PM. You guys, the community of Hawken, you are simply awesome, one of the best communities I've ever met, so why not show this to the new players by helping them? :smile:

I know, there could actually be a problem with the MMR of those people you would like to train with. In that case the coaching person just would have to create a Smurf account or you would have to search for matches as a party. Another way could be that the player to be coached just records his gameplay and uploads it on Youtube, so that many people could tell him what to do better.

I could offer my help to all of you who want to play Reaper or Berserker specificly, I would also be able help if somebody had problems with a-classes or game mechanics in general. This would be the way i would post my offer in that thread. Of course this idea is mainly for the future, when we have got a larger playerbase.

What do you think of the idea, what would you improve?

• Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer, opicr0n and 5 others like this

Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I totally support this suggestion. And always feel free to ask for advice from other players.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I used to run an event called the Saturday Training Centre. Maybe we could bring it back?

At any rate, I'm offering help in hellfire-doging, movement optimization, map naming convention and exploration (read: not exploitation, altough I can't promise anything) and technitian training.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler, HorseHeadProphet and 1 other like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

I'll do it for MC ;)

• LaurenEmily likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I used to run an event called the Saturday Training Centre. Maybe we could bring it back?

At any rate, I'm offering help in hellfire-doging, movement optimization, map naming convention and exploration (read: not exploitation, altough I can't promise anything) and technitian training.

Oh, it would be awesome to bring that event back! But don't trouble yourself with all that work, Freeze, we still need you on the battlefield =)

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Oh, it would be awesome to bring that event back! But don't trouble yourself with all that work, Freeze, we still need you on the battlefield =)

What you talking about? I'm only awake from 8 am to 1 am. STILL GOT 6 HOURS LEFT TO FILL! (ps: this is why I keep my weekends completely unplanned.)

But no, really, I'd like to start is back up, but maybe someone else could do the organising, he?

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Hi. I'm Merl. If you want to know things, ask me.
  • Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer and LaurenEmily like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

wow....it's a good idea  :thumbsup: thanks freeze for saving our day  :yes:

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I think it is a great idea. I did (and still do) offer training or even 1v1s and critique to people who want it. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Alright, I have an idea. Saturday evening, times variable (it's weekend, so huzzah), we get together and anyone who joins in can ask question or request to be trained. This'll be the Hawken Training Center 3.0. Sound good? It's easier than trying to plan out a 2 hour lesson, and we (I) don't have to wait so the few people interested can show up.

• Erzunterweltler likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Alright, I have an idea. Saturday evening, times variable (it's weekend, so huzzah), we get together and anyone who joins in can ask question or request to be trained. This'll be the Hawken Training Center 3.0. Sound good? It's easier than trying to plan out a 2 hour lesson, and we (I) don't have to wait so the few people interested can show up.

Yes, that's how it's done! I'm in =)

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

We need one for the US :D

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Do it.

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

You could make a steam group and add a bunch of volunteer trainers to it. You can take requests on an official thread all trainer's can put in their signature, which will lead them to PM you. I could help set this all up if you wish.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

You could make a steam group and add a bunch of volunteer trainers to it. You can take requests on an official thread all trainer's can put in their signature, which will lead them to PM you. I could help set this all up if you wish.

Thank you very much for the offer, but I don't think that it is necessary at the moment. The next time I meet Freeze on TS I'll talk with him about it, since I wasn't there back then when he organized the Saturday Training Centre. However, the playerbase is already growing again, but as mentioned before, I don't think there are that many players that need this training at the moment.

If we need help, I'll inform you :thumbsup:

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

-snip-

Now look what happened...

https://community.pl...ning-center-30/

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Now look what happened...

https://community.pl...ning-center-30/

Yes, I know, I posted this, I got back to the general forums and saw your post and I thought: "Well... Damn it!" :biggrin:

• Dr_Freeze001 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coaching, Help, Improvement, Cat Video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users