Photo

Okay what types of mech abilities would you like to see.

* * * * * 1 votes send help and sleeping pills

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

While i think this is awesome, i wonder if some would simply use it as zerker with a larger tank, not using the ability the second time, just using it to have lots of air time that (many) new players have difficulty hitting.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Really good thread. I know at least one of these suggestions is going to be making it into an upcoming Mech.

• Arkhaun, DemitronPrime, DallasCreeper and 1 other like this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I would like to see a B type mech that uses the most important ability in the game, Flight. While also using a machanic of the game not used enough if not at all, Crush Damage. Use the ability to extend the flight time of your mech by lower the fuel consumption and adding a passive extended fuel tank, hit the ability again while pointing toward a downward angle activates another ability, Meteor or crash or something like that. Your mech boosts downward with extreme force, doesn't hurt you but if someone is there it does double if not triple Crush Damage to them. If you hit someone else in the air, it will deal the crush damage and slam them toward the ground, dealing Fall Damage to them as well. Making it pretty deadly if you hit another player in the air. The Hawk of Hawken or maybe the the Eagle. In other words give it a bird name or astronomy name like Comet or something. That means this mech will have excellent air speed/air maneuverability, poor fuel until you hit the ability, extending your tank to excellent fuel but your in flight mode. This is to balance it for regular fleeing boost on the ground, so it can't boost far but fly very far. Ground speed is terrible also, I'm sure you can see what I'm trying to do here, this mech is supposed to be in the air most of the time and be anti-air, controlling the skies, that's it's role. Give it excellent health so it can fulfill its roll properly. As for weapons, be creative and give it something new, you all have brains, use it. That's what I would like to see.

I didn't read all this message, but durability and good air-speed already exists for B-class : Bruiser.

The fact that hellfire without lock-on are baaad make yolo surprise attack impossibru, but a point-D a "MIRV-like" weapon in a high-air-speed mech quite tough would be fun to play. wink wink.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

- Calling the Siege' Spaceship for support.

- Air strike (dealing damage regardless the faction).

- See thru mech then pilots' clothes.

• Xer06siX likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

lately I have been hoping to see an A class with EOC and Tow with a special ability that increases fire rate (and heat gen) for a short period of time...

similar to the Neif Ability I guess...

slow air speed, medium land speed, 300-350 health

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I'd like to see the Mic ability work.

• Arkhaun and DemitronPrime like this

-Dat aimbot tho-

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

what about a good ole fashioned UNIBEAM!

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Really good thread. I know at least one of these suggestions is going to be making it into an upcoming Mech.

Was it in the console update? help me out here?

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Mech: Scramer, Scrambler, Class A

Ability: Radar overload or jamming and guided munitions disruption.

Effects: Causes nearby enemy radars or scanners to malfunction, and Hellfire missiles, TOW missiles and such are guided off their current path and reversed or shot away unpredictably.

Weapons

Primary: Flak Rifle - Semi Automatic, shoots compressed flak rounds at a high velocity that hit the target and explode producing fragmentation dmg to the target and a small area around it.

Secondary: Flak grenade launcher. Fire to lob a grenade and press fire again to detonate. Detonating the shell in the air sends the shards towards the ground in a cone shape dmg area. Detonating it on the ground produces a greater splash damage area than the TOW missile but less chance of hitting the target as compared to the TOW as the trajectory of the shards are random and the dmg is not dependent on concussive force but on the shards themselves.

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Weapons

Primary: Flak Rifle - Semi Automatic, shoots compressed flak rounds at a high velocity that hit the target and explode producing fragmentation dmg to the target and a small area around it.

Secondary: Flak grenade launcher. Fire to lob a grenade and press fire again to detonate. Detonating the shell in the air sends the shards towards the ground in a cone shape dmg area. Detonating it on the ground produces a greater splash damage area than the TOW missile but less chance of hitting the target as compared to the TOW as the trajectory of the shards are random and the dmg is not dependent on concussive force but on the shards themselves.

Needs more flak... Maybe a flak cannon that shoots one super flak grenade that explodes into 4 flak grenades that all detonate into flak rounds that bounce.

• 6ixxer and Xer06siX like this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

No man, it's all controlled.

Edited by Xer06siX, 04 December 2016 - 09:02 AM.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I want a new item tho, that sounds like that. Drop a huge nail bomb or something instead of that bouncy grenade thing.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

maybe toss in an instant overheat emp type weapon and make heat charge be like a turret complete with setup time

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Thanks Czero! Really great to hear that one of our ideas is going to make it.

Okay now onto the main part of the post.

Ability Name : Mirage

Ability Function: Gives you mild cloaking for 2 seconds and spawns a hologram that mirrors your movement on top of you when your cloak breaks your hologram vanishes, What breaks cloak you ask? Well; Shooting, Taking damage, EMPs. Ya know the normal stuff. 

Edited by Shade__, 06 December 2016 - 03:43 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I had a mild idea for an ability, 

Decoy:

gives immunity to the next incoming source of explosive damage, 

ie activate ability, go about your business, someone fires ambush TOW and Det, damage from both is absorbed and ability is set to cooldown, which should be fairly long as the idea is to make it harder to ambush, so it should be close to 60 seconds if not more, things like smc or vulcan, etc dont deactivate the ability or trigger it, and the damage is received as normal,

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I would like to see a Flying ability. As opposed to controlled falling. I would love to see some sort of aerial component to the game, specifically between the two towers in the games decoration. Perhaps for Hawken 2 I suppose. Hawken 2 should be Open World.

Edited by Xer06siX, 09 December 2016 - 05:36 PM.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Thunder_invader_11

Thunder_invader_11

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Please make an A-mech like the Bruiser and the Rocketeer with hellfire as secundairy weapon. It would probably be a bit like the reaper but slower and more fuel to fly. 

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Please make an A-mech like the Bruiser and the Rocketeer with hellfire as secundairy weapon. It would probably be a bit like the reaper but slower and more fuel to fly. 

Console has the neif, which has two seekers (the primary weapon on rocketeer) and good movement in air. Might want to consider taking a peek if you're interested, you get one for free just from installing the game if you've got a console yourself. Ultimately I find the zerker to be better though.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I have an unfinished concept for a a-class support mech named "fairy",

the ability would be "Pixie dust" which release a cloud of pink smoke that grants the user and nearby allies a fixed few seconds of invisibilty that is not terminated by taking damage, attacking, boosting or running out of fuel. Its mostly for easier escaping, but might be helpful for storming mission objectives as well

since i probably wont finish this mech concept anytime soon, i might as well post the two weapons i came up with:

the secondary weapon is the "magic wand", a long barreled missile launcher, like a TOW launcher without the remote detonation. The missiles inflict a status ailment for ½-1 second and the secondary function/mode change button cycles through the ailments, which can be lowered defense, ism, emp and whatever mamabear inflicts (i dont remember exactly) or whatever other ailment you program in.

the only primary weapon i came up woth for this mech is the "bubble gun", which fires a burst of small, floating shield bubbles. They deal damage by bursting  when they hit a surface or mech or when their health runs out (they have WAY less health than the shield item obviously, an individual bubble should only with stand 1 second of damage at most). Theyre not aerodynamic, so they slow down shortly after deployment until they stop, and also slowly float downwards. Additionally they probably should burst or harmlessly dissipate if after 2 or 3 seconds, kinda like the eoc repeater

the theme i wanted for this mech is, flavorwise, "playful" and "fairy-like", and gameplay wise, a mech with low damage utility projectiles. its probably a bad idea.

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hark scrubs, for I bring word from our console brethren, being charged with the communication of one of their ideas:

What do you think of an ability that causes friendly and your health bar to APPEAR low to cause over aggressive players to rush in? Understandably you are going to get rushed but you could set up ambushes

Your Lord's addition:

Use of the ability in the open would be obvious because your health would visibly chunk down for no good reason, but using it in cover and then walking out... people would still see the holowings of an ability, but not be sure of your actual health. It's fairly useless other than as a bluff, so I expect it would have a very short cooldown. You could also "charge" the ability to reduce your health by a certain percent - just tapping it makes you appear at half, but hold down the button and you can go as low as 5%.

• DeeRax likes this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Thought of a C class Sniper mech, Probably have slug and a Sabot, not sure if Regular or KE would be better for it.

Ability would be a predator style cloak, except instead of heat vision and wall watching it gives a "Half" scope, only zoomed in 30%-50% of normal scope, that with weapon alt can be zoomed in all the way. Would be useful for a low mobility sniper, as well as preventing the cloak from being something to keep on all the time as the half zoom would make navigation obnoxious. 

-M1lkshake

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I like  that OP ability. That fat ninja cloak while not moving is ON but it should last a long time maybe until killed or until certain hp low reached. Should be on a C mech similar to brawler or g2Raider. Short range high dmg burst weapon. It walks on his toes while enemy not looking until he gets next to ya.

Edited by dorobo, 06 April 2017 - 12:04 AM.

• diablo878 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I like  that OP ability. That fat ninja cloak while not moving is ON but it should last a long time maybe until killed or until certain hp low reached. Should be on a C mech similar to brawler or g2Raider. Short range high dmg burst weapon. It walks on his toes whil enemy not looking until he gets next to ya.

like this, but its a fat-pred-cat
stalking-cat-o.gif
sounds cool
  • diablo878 and dorobo like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I'd like to see a C class that has chargey splashey weapons like dual heat cannons (yeah, soo not inventive, more dual weaps, but stay with me).
Perhaps the secondary is like a HC, but different stats to allow for balancing.
Like different dmg and splash radius values. Refire rate and projectile speed should match the standard HC.

Ordinarily it would struggle with hitting scouts (or anything really), etc up close because it would splash itself to death.
Its ability increases the splash radius (not dmg) for 6-8 sec while also making it take less self damage for that time (stacking with failsafe internals).
Even with ability, if this was A or B class would probably be too fragile.

Could be cool for ranged support, not a marshmallow up close or corner poking, and a high risk/reward for yolo-divers (perhaps slow walking/boost speed could offset that).
I think relevant HP, speed and fuel regen values could make this viable and not really OP. Alt weapon could be EOC and t32 to stick with charge weapons?
Any comments?

I had an idea about a twin-slug-cannon that would be an alternate weapon if it existed. I like charge weapons for their mix of sustain & burst.
That was similar to a Hawkins, but semi-automatic alternating barrels, and if you hold the fire button it primes both barrels to discharge together.
Kind of like a t32 that fires slugs instead of flak and borrowing the hawkins style animation.

charliejhaywood

charliejhaywood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It would be cool to have a consumable anti rocket flare against the hell-fire missles.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

It would be cool to have a consumable anti rocket flare against the hell-fire missles.

this ability already exist in game. u can activate it by pressing shift button.

• coldform and Amidatelion like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I want to see all C-Class mechs return to having the ability (not special) to go into turret mode.  I think it was lazy and poorly thought when Adhesive removed the turret-mode function (presumably so they didn't have to write a new control binding) when they started giving some C-Class mechs a new special.  The turret-mode never did anything to give C-Class mechs an advantage... in fact, it is almost always a disadvantage - only useful when one has a good position on a spot to hold and backup from their team (and still has to know when to get out of turret-mode and run).

This would also open up the opportunity to do something for the Rocketeer as an actual "special ability".  Rocketeer could use a temporary ability such as "mulitple lock-on targets for a 'mega-rocket shot' sort of thing.  It would be a 'special', but wouldn't have any impact on its balance to other mechs (seeing as it's already lacking in competitiveness anyhow).

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 28 April 2017 - 11:01 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 48 posts
A B-class mech with just one weapon dealing heavy damage make it fast to get in and get out as a secondary , dropping land mines in the paths of pursuing mechs , Special ability maybe a cool down or a smoke screen to aid in attack or for getaway

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

ability "macro" repeats all inputs two seconds before the time ability was used

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

LASER MECHS!!!

I would say FLAME-THROWER MECHS!!!, but they pretty much killed that idea by creating the Incinerator.
A true Flamethrower mech, actually shooting flames would be ultimately cool and popular I am certain.

- But in the mean time....

LASER MECHS !!!!

Edited by Nymwasob, 23 July 2017 - 10:12 AM.

There is no profit or success in ignoring problems, customers and players.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
No fuzzing laz0rz.

Just no.

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yes! Lasers! Yes! Must have lasers!!!

LASER MECHS !!!

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Don't we already have a "laser mech" in the vytro?

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Do we? I don't think I have played that one. Does it actually have "Lasers"???

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

A charge up "lightning cannon" it's more or less a laser the thing is a sniper.

Edited by Shade__, 23 July 2017 - 01:53 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: send, help, and, sleeping, pills

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users