Photo

Hawken - Technical Degeneration

- - - - - crash black screen not starting rendering thread exception fatal error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

moglisaiyan

moglisaiyan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys and Girls,

Pardon that my first post be one of tremendous grief. Its been a trilogy I tell you.

01 Hawken was running fine on ultra settings for months, no problem.

02 Out of nowhere, Hawken (only Hawken) started crashing (possibly the Kernel) some moments into the game.

- Updating GPU drivers / Windows Updates  and so on.
- Including Refreshing / Cleaning the GPU (also physically from dust) / Reinstalling, you get the picture.
- Waiting for grass to grow.
- GPU Temp at
62C

03 "FATAL ERROR" Hawken not starting

- After another month past, persistent driver Updates (current Version 359.06) and withdraw symptoms, Hawken, now-adays does not even start. Fantastic! Im returned a "Fatal Error".

hawken_error.png

It feels like the Nvidia GPU / Firmware / Drivers and Hawken are not getting along much theses days.
Might anyone have some liberating insights?

Cheers

----------------------------------------------
SPECS

MAINBOARD
GA-X99-UD4 (rev. 1.0) rev. 1.1?

CPU
Intel Core -  i7-5820K 3300 2011-3 BOX

GPU
Nvidia - Feforce GTX 970 

RAM
ADATA DIMM - 16 GB DDR4-2133 Kit (x2, 8Gb)

SSD
Crucial - SSD 250GB 500/555 MX200 SA3 CRU

HDD
Seagate - ST2000DM001 2 TB

DDU (Power)
be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER10 CM 800W ATX24

TOWER
Fractal Design R

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

try reinstall older drivers version and dx9.

• EM1O likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Isnt DX 11 reverse compatible?

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Have you tried resetting your inis?  I have a feeling this will get Hawken to at least load, I think one of your ini's got corrupted and thats why its throwing fatal errors now, and can't seem to find the correct path for the game files (movies).

As far as the kernel crash issue,  I'd run and old version of driversweeper (the free one) and roll back a few versions, maybe even quite a few versions and see if it stops.  I myself started having issues with SLI and random kernel crashes since updating after 350.12.  (most of the kernel crashes happen in twitch or youtube though and its related to the cards switching from 2d acceleration from standard) I have since stopped updating them though, they don't seem to be fixing the problem.

I suspect that your GPU might be getting fussy at high temps.  Is it overclocked at all or factory clocks?  Try turning on some sort of Vsync, or locking the FPS at 60 or 90 or whatever.  Also run some sort of program that allows you to increase your fan speed profile to help with lowering some of that heat.  Also check your power supply, if its not putting out all the power that your card needs that could also be causing the crashes.

• nepacaka likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

moglisaiyan

moglisaiyan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks or the tips guys!

Tried everything apart from fan speed increase and physical hardware (thermometer or something) temp check, i ended up clean installing.. no prevail :(

@SS396: Do you know of any such tools I can increase fan speed with and check the temp (maybe an infrared thermometer)? Nvidia software tells me it outs at 62/65 degrees, not sure if I should believe it.

Thanks in advance!
Suffering Hawken Dude

Have you tried resetting your inis?  I have a feeling this will get Hawken to at least load, I think one of your ini's got corrupted and thats why its throwing fatal errors now, and can't seem to find the correct path for the game files (movies).

As far as the kernel crash issue,  I'd run and old version of driversweeper (the free one) and roll back a few versions, maybe even quite a few versions and see if it stops.  I myself started having issues with SLI and random kernel crashes since updating after 350.12.  (most of the kernel crashes happen in twitch or youtube though and its related to the cards switching from 2d acceleration from standard) I have since stopped updating them though, they don't seem to be fixing the problem.

I suspect that your GPU might be getting fussy at high temps.  Is it overclocked at all or factory clocks?  Try turning on some sort of Vsync, or locking the FPS at 60 or 90 or whatever.  Also run some sort of program that allows you to increase your fan speed profile to help with lowering some of that heat.  Also check your power supply, if its not putting out all the power that your card needs that could also be causing the crashes.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Some suggestions for you:

- Check the integrity of your local game files on Steam. -> Game properties..

Also, I'd suggest you to run a DEFRAG (defragmentation file system) and also an Scan Disk. -> Accesories - System Tools. And HDD Properties - Tools, for the disk scanning procedure. The later will take some time but it's good to prevent.

Good luck!

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Some of the error looks like it refers to memory addresses.
You can do an easy ram test as you have two sticks that are good enough on their own.

1) Shutdown, remove the second stick and try loading up.
2) Shutdown, substitute the other stick and try loading up.
If the crash happens no mater which stick you try on its own then it is not ram, and you have isolated one more possible fault.

EDIT: chances of them both having a fault is low enough that I'm not really counting that possibility...

Edited by 6ixxer, 18 January 2016 - 05:46 PM.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I have AMD cpu, but got the exact same output log. I went through all those listed checks and procedures, including a reinstall. after many hours it occurred to me that I hadn't seen that big green eyeball at the end of install (an AMD-only Thing?) that adds the 3rd party software and DX9.

Went to M$ downloads, reinstalled the DX9.

Voila.

Maybe your DX9 is corrupt?.

• 6ixxer likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

..So would be good idea to reinstall both game distributables. VC++ and DX library packs.

• EM1O likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

moglisaiyan

moglisaiyan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Would you believe this, seems like uninstalling MSI Gamming App did the trick in the end.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, black screen, not starting, rendering thread exception, fatal error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users