• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

We'd like to thank everyone who participated in the Pioneer private server access.  At this time we're going to be moving the Pioneer servers over to a monthly server rental fee. All Pioneer server access will be terminated on February 29th, if you'd like to retain your server the new fee will be 4,320 MC per month. Once you have the MC on the account contact support with the server name(s) and we'll get the server switched over to monthly for you.  For those Pilots looking to rent a server, the cost is the same and you'll contact support to get set up. 

• The_Silencer likes this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
now I have to work out what that is in real money...

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Will the community operated servers available continue (like TPG 1-3 + TPG HQ servers, Hawken Teamspeak) or does this cover ALL "private" servers?

Edited by Silverfire, 16 February 2016 - 07:31 PM.

• crockrocket and Amidatelion like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Shadeness

Shadeness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Just under 30 $USD (42 $CDN). 100$USD for 4 months (so 25$ / month).

6oFOruY.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I am so very, very tired.

For anyone not wanting to do the math, the $100 tier will get you 4 months, with a savings of $5.

Also, if an update doesn't drop within a week of Feb 29th I will eat my fuzzy bunnyng hat.

EDIT: seems like I'm late for everything

Edited by Amidatelion, 16 February 2016 - 08:16 PM.

• DerMax and Guns_N_Rozer like this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

It would behoove Reloaded to include us on any plans they have for the future of these servers, at least. I do not feel the current servers would measure up to this price and that's counting the $5 bonus.

• Erzunterweltler, _incitatus, comic_sans and 2 others like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Isn't that kind of steep?  First game hosting site I googled was hosting 12 player BF4 servers for half that.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

$30 is a bit steep 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Hopefully my fellow Robros stocked up on hawken coins and are playing the long game. MUAHAHAHA!

wmmoney.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Isn't that kind of steep?  First game hosting site I googled was hosting 12 player BF4 servers for half that.

We've been over this before.

To rehash both sides points:

BF4 and the like servers are much more popular, making up in volume the necessary costs of running them.

BF4 and the like are more reliable, with a much more robust administrative suite.

The vast majority of other such servers are of "complete" non-beta games, it is rare for a game still in beta to even have these capabilities.

Why are players even being offered private servers if the game is still in beta, especially in this state (this was initially said like six months ago)

Would you rather we not have private servers at all?

No, but I would like to know where this money is going/more reliable servers/anti-cheat/better back-end access/if things will improve.

And, barring some more specifics, everything goes downhill from there. 

Can we please discuss new stuff?

Edited by Amidatelion, 16 February 2016 - 08:58 PM.

• crockrocket, DieselCat, comic_sans and 1 other like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
For that much you better damn well be able to ban items like scanners.
There certainly needs to be something they do significantly better than the free servers.

It would work for dedicated clans that charge say 10 players $2.50 per month membership (or a way to transfer/gift MC)
Or a clan creates an event that is a month long and its a nominal fee to enter.
eg, 30 players (6x 5player teams) at $3 ea pays for entry and puts up a prize purse worth a couple of months rental.

Perhaps Reloaded will start offering competition rewards that equate to free server rental.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

30bucks? for 30-66tick servers...O_O, not worth sorry. What about TPG servers will they be free?  How about active clan servers do they have to pay just to keep their servers up for practices and scrims..? We have community events such as War Wednesday and Sunday Sunday Sunday, on private servers..with the size of the community this is a bit steep.  Free-10$ is worth...not 30$

• Amidatelion likes this

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

We've been over this before.

To rehash both sides points:

BF4 and the like servers are much more popular, making up in volume the necessary costs of running them.

BF4 and the like are more reliable, with a much more robust administrative suite.

The vast majority of other such servers are of "complete" non-beta games, it is rare for a game still in beta to even have these capabilities.

Why are players even being offered private servers if the game is still in beta, especially in this state (this was initially said like six months ago)

Would you rather we not have private servers at all?

No, but I would like to know where this money is going/more reliable servers/anti-cheat/better back-end access/if things will improve.

And, barring some more specifics, everything goes downhill from there. 

Can we please discuss new stuff?

... If I'm expected to fork over $30 a month for a private server?  No.  Since there's no way I'm forking over that much $$ for a private Hawken server, I suppose I'll not pursue this discussion further so, kind of yes, you and others can discuss new stuff.  :thumbsup:

• Amidatelion likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
+1 Amid

Needs some better method to keep out the haxors. Configurability to ban by user, client IP or network range as a minimum.
  • Bad_BennyAK likes this

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

ok, but for $30 you have to leave dallas servers in dallas and stop sticking them in chicago.  

• _incitatus likes this

-XD-

-XD-

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have heard a lot and dev team, you are shooting yourself in the foot. I cant see any clan or group paying this, several have already said no. 

Rip competitive hawken, War Wednesday and other community events.

Eth0: I can never tell if you are serious or just trolling me, then i remember your name is XD.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

My bad!

Edited by kaiserschmarrn_, 17 February 2016 - 06:04 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'm pretty sure some reimbursement is required in this situation...

Strictly speaking, this is false. The initial timeline was specified to be 3 months which was then extended to an uncertain term which I don't recall exactly because someone else handled those details. I know every month I logged into my server and found I could was a surprise.

Only responding to this because incorrect information is not a firm foundation to begin a protest/negotiation.

• Nept, comic_sans, ticklemyiguana and 1 other like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Yeah, they extended the original rental period far beyond the agreement.  Can't really complain there.

• talon70 and CraftyDus like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

The Hawken TeamSpeak server has been up at the complete and utter whim of the devs since TPG season 1, albeit under a different name. The servers have been up far longer than anyone paid for them. The current price is steep, but oh well. It's a free to play game. If you want your own server, you're gong to have to pay a premium, since you didn't pay for an account.

• PoopSlinger and BimboRotto like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i think some transparency on what the $30 is going to.  i think with the premium price, we should expect a premium product 

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

now I have to work out what that is in real money...

It's 30 USD, so about 500 + a liver for us, Six...

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

A few questions :

- as far as I understood everything will be made through Zen desk ? Is it possible to donate MC to a given player through zen desk to pay for multiple month and share the price ?

- what is the support provided for 30€ (i.e. lag/hitreg issues, KDR servers weren't good during practice), will it be increased from actual standard ? If not, how much should it cost for a "premium support" ?

• Guns_N_Rozer, ticklemyiguana and Bad_BennyAK like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

lol goodbye clan practice

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I might even buy one if they were any decent. At this current state no thank you

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler and 4 others like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

A few questions :

- as far as I understood everything will be made through Zen desk ? Is it possible to donate MC to a given player through zen desk to pay for multiple month and share the price ?

- what is the support provided for 30€ (i.e. lag/hitreg issues, KDR servers weren't good during practice), will it be increased from actual standard ? If not, how much should it cost for a "premium support" ?

Weren't you claiming servers had  nothing to do with the lag and hit reg and that those were bound to individual ISP and routing?

Why would you expect support if all is fine at their end?

chickin.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

So far what I've understood is that routing can also be tweaked from server side (iirc when the sub-marine communication cable broke down this summer and the routing was changed from server side).

I dunno if ash can confirm my statement.

Some servers seems to be the cause of packet loss in France

https://community.pl...-at-prime-time/

The topic about communication cables issues

https://community.pl...2-same-for-you/

CaptnJosh

The problem has been caused by Telia peering.  We are now routing around it, so unless your ISP is heavily using Telia itself, then you should see better performance.

Edited by (KDR) MomOw, 17 February 2016 - 05:04 AM.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
I guess we're all gonna go Pubbing! Must be 18yrs old or older with ID to enter. 8D

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

We can rent single months at a time though correct? 

I think it's about a zero probability that I rent one regularly, but I might take a one-time-use.

• Shoutaxeror likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Throughout this time, my server support requests have been responded to quickly, and my issues are fixed right away.

Some times not even requiring a formal req/ticket.

Everyone gets "premium" support

Also I'm looking at this as something more than just a server rental at this point.

I consider this as the way to play without cheaters.

Almost like an ESEA premium or a CEVO mvp client account w/ the requisite server commands.

Edited by CraftyDus, 17 February 2016 - 05:36 AM.

• Nept, _incitatus, MomOw and 1 other like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

That's a tad expensive imo

buuut i adore this game enough to justify the cost <3

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Strictly speaking, this is false. The initial timeline was specified to be 3 months which was then extended to an uncertain term which I don't recall exactly because someone else handled those details. I know every month I logged into my server and found I could was a surprise.

Only responding to this because incorrect information is not a firm foundation to begin a protest/negotiation.

Oh huh.

Thanks for letting me know; I had no idea that this was the case.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Are the private servers generally better performance-wise than the regular ones ?

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Are the private servers generally better performance-wise than the regular ones ?

Not a the moment. In fact they're identical.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

This is great.

And I'd just like to say thanks to Reloaded for keeping their word regarding the Pioneer servers in that we definitely got our money's worth.  They gave us 9 months (at least) for the price of 3. 

Is $30 a month too much?  I don't think so.

• PoopSlinger, Nept, CraftyDus and 3 others like this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Maybe, just maybe. 

• CraftyDus likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Honestly, these are a tad on the expensive side, but they're nothing ridiculous.  Just have your teammates pitch in, and you're looking at a pittance. 

• CraftyDus and Charcoal like this

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Will the MC deduction be setup to recur every month?  Or do we contact support every month to renew?  How's that going to work?

• Liederkranz likes this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Why use MC and cut steam in on server rentals? You could use paypal  on the main site and net more $.

Please consider making the rental servers  166tick on a real fat pipe in mid US somewhere (not chicago). This would give them more value then the current/public servers.

I think an easy way for several  people to pay for a server would work well right now.

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

i think some transparency on what the $30 is going to.  i think with the premium price, we should expect a premium product 

It's going to the cost of the servers. 

A few questions :

Yes, you can donate MC to a server, you'll just need to let us know the server name you're donating too. The support is as it is now for pioneer servers, we respond pretty quickly excluding holidays. 

We can rent single months at a time though correct? 

I think it's about a zero probability that I rent one regularly, but I might take a one-time-use.

Yes, you can rent one for a month and not the next month. 

Will the MC deduction be setup to recur every month?  Or do we contact support every month to renew?  How's that going to work?

Yes, I can arrange for that to be set up. You'll need to contact support a month prior for it to cancel it. 

Why use MC and cut steam in on server rentals? You could use paypal  on the main site and net more $.

Please consider making the rental servers  166tick on a real fat pipe in mid US somewhere (not chicago). This would give them more value then the current/public servers.

I think an easy way for several  people to pay for a server would work well right now.

MC is the easiest way right now for us.  The servers won't be changing from the current tick rate, sorry. 

We all know you are wanting information on what is going on. All I can say right now is the Hawken team is small, approximately 15 people (that's full and part time included). Everyone is hard at work and once we're able to disclose what is being worked on you'll hear from Josh. 

• ArchMech, Nept, crockrocket and 16 others like this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users