• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

about the calendar. do i get the raider for playing 4 days in a row? and then assault for 7 days in a row?

God I hope not, thats the last thing I need, triplicates of every mech. The free ones they handed out during the Ascension launch still have never been used on my account and are just taking up space. At least give us another option to cash out the reward for something useful.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Yes, you do end up getting the raider for playing 4 days in a row, and the assault for 7 days in a row. Those will be the actual rewards.

There are one-time assignments for two other Mechs as well. We're hoping to have a way to destroy your Mechs in a future update.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, Amidatelion and 5 others like this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

We're hoping to have a way to destroy your Mechs in a future update.

(Edit: I now realize that you mean deleting a mech in a garage, but I like my idea and I'm keeping it.)

You know what? Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but if it's done the right way, that could be cool. If there were certain matches where you could earn something (an unlock, a skin, a part, some HC/MC) at the risk of destroying whatever mech you're using when you lose (or a random mech), that'd be a neat way to gamble with duplicate mechs a lot of us have. It'd be a way to use HC (buying mechs) to farm skins and parts that you'd normally have to buy with MC but with a mech on the line. Maybe these only happen in certain private servers with a setting enabled, or maybe they happen once in a blue moon on public servers.

Imagine if someone challenged you to a 1v1 in a pub. You could do it in one of these servers. "Fine, you little siht, are you willing to bet a mech on this?"

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 24 February 2017 - 08:58 PM.

• Miscellaneous, TheFrostnessMonster, -Tj- and 5 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

(Edit: I now realize that you mean deleting a mech in a garage, but I like my idea and I'm keeping it.)

You know what? Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but if it's done the right way, that could be cool. If there were certain matches where you could earn something (an unlock, a skin, a part, some HC/MC) at the risk of destroying whatever mech you're using when you lose (or a random mech), that'd be a neat way to gamble with duplicate mechs a lot of us have. It'd be a way to use HC (buying mechs) to farm skins and parts that you'd normally have to buy with MC but with a mech on the line. Maybe these only happen in certain private servers with a setting enabled, or maybe they happen once in a blue moon on public servers.

Imagine if someone challenged you to a 1v1 in a pub. You could do it in one of these servers. "Fine, you little siht, are you willing to bet a mech on this?"

1v1 for pink slips?  :teehee:

Edited by bacon_avenger, 24 February 2017 - 09:14 PM.

• SS396, Miscellaneous, Charcoal and 2 others like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

1v1 for pink slips?  :teehee:

You mean like an old school street race?

(I swear I've seen that posted before)

• bacon_avenger, Nept, EM1O and 1 other like this

[DELETED]

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

hooo sh!tz!

You mean like an old school street race?

(I swear I've seen that posted before)

for mech pink slips?

get that fuzzy bunny with the CB Forest camo out here!  i got a boatload of 2012/2013 vans, zerks, SSs, and Saults to get rid of...

this could be a real Thing, C05, if you could rig it up.

edit: hell, i'd even do matches sober for this so i could maybe clobber someone properly. :yes:

Edited by EM1O, 24 February 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

EM10 , I got a ton of copies of all the mechs on my main too. Got like 7 or 8 techs and I don't even like em. :)

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

rs with a setting enabled, or maybe they happen once in a blue moon on public servers.

You gotta put your pink slips on the line, see what you brung

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MoH_Megatron

MoH_Megatron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

What in tarnation?

Some pointers. IDK, but to me, the layout doesn't look so appealing.

Also what would the rewards from the calendar and assignments consist of? I'm also seeing that some of rewards from the calendar are given for short period of time; therefore, are the assignment rewards the same? Some more skins, burners, and healer thingys would be great to have in my inventory than the fuzzy bunny ones I had since the first day playing.

IDK who else wants this feature, but there should a better way of transferring credits. Doing it by meteor credits is pathetic.

Pm1U0eA.png
 Great. Just what was needed. More seeker span and spacebar mechs for bunker.

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
I can't be the only one who doesn't have a problem with the UI, right?
My main problem is with the graphics for some of the preview pictures of the new mechs that RLD made, the icons for those mechs, and the banners on the front page (though the SS and Brawler one on the screenshot that CZeroFive seem alright) and the graphics for the new internals. All of them seem somewhat out of place to the rest. I hope that can be fixed at some point but then again that doesn't impact gameplay.

Overall I'm happy with the features showcased. Keep it up!

Edited by SparkyJJC, 25 February 2017 - 09:59 AM.

• LaurenEmily likes this

AXgnWyr.png

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
These internals are pretty interesting, I'm tempted to call this the A type patch because a 32% increase without evasion device or powersurge is greatly tempting for any A type pilot. The G2R or raider would love this but man if you thought an A type was fast, oh boy try adding 32% more speed without evasion/powersurge....wait a second...I can't..Just thinking about that..this.. this can't be happening. This is going to suck. $hit plus lag! Omg. I can't handle this right now..

Edited by Onstrava, 25 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

• DingdongJR and Pulcinella like this

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

These internals are pretty interesting, I'm tempted to call this the A type patch because a 32% increase without evasion device or powersurge is greatly tempting for any A type pilot. The G2R or raider would love this but man if you thought an A type was fast, oh boy try adding 32% more speed without evasion/powersurge....wait a second...I can't..Just thinking about that..this.. this can't be happening. This is going to suck.

While I agree that the big speed increase would be a blast on A mechs, I don't see thrust vectoring being so good on Turkey. -10% on taking a hit seems to be debilitating on a mech that is all about getting all up in the enemies' business. Same logic on raider.

I would also note that it might be useful on SS or reaper, as those mechs are generally not going to want to be stuck in, so the movement bonus would both help them position and be less likely to be dispelled.

This continues to beg the question though: how long is "a short time"?

Edited by wischatesjesus, 25 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The 'short time' refers to 3 seconds.

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Yes, you do end up getting the raider for playing 4 days in a row, and the assault for 7 days in a row. Those will be the actual rewards.

There are one-time assignments for two other Mechs as well. We're hoping to have a way to destroy your Mechs in a future update.

Do you want to bring into play the element repair mechs after the match? For example as in the game "World of Tanks"?
Or "update" barrel of a arms (Due to the wear and tear of the shooting)?

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

We're hoping to have a way to destroy your Mechs in a future update.

You must of misunderstood what I wrote because destroying it doesn't solve the issue that was brought up.  Theres not much of a reason for me to play for 4 days in a row to get a reward that I already have two of in my garage, and even less of a reason to do it just so I can throw it in the trash at some point in the future (which is at least 16 weeks away at this point).

[DELETED]

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Theres not much of a reason for me to play for 4 days in a row to get a reward that I already have two of in my garage, and even less of a reason to do it just so I can throw it in the trash at some point in the future (which is at least 16 weeks away at this point).

People who already have all the mechs aren't the ones that the system is aimed at.

• crockrocket, Miscellaneous, -Tj- and 2 others like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

People who already have all the mechs aren't the ones that the system is aimed at.

Yeah I knew that.

God I hope not, thats the last thing I need, triplicates of every mech. The free ones they handed out during the Ascension launch still have never been used on my account and are just taking up space. At least give us another option to cash out the reward for something useful.

If you give the player an option of a triplicate mech or some HC, or whatever, you expand the domain of who the system is aimed at and more players can benefit.

[DELETED]

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

This news does sound mostly good TBH.

Except....
Bloody seeker on mechs... seriously?

Yes, seeker on mechs.

Yes it is a crutch, but we need crutches or we will lose the new players.

Would you have hospitals tell people with broken legs "Fuzz crutches, Git Gud Scrüb". Probably not. New players sometimes feel like they walk into this game with a huge handicap. Let them use a seeker and get over the hump, then we can ALL continue to play as they will stay, rather than say "Fuzz this" and leave.

Are you saying you aren't able to deal with your opponents running seeker? I have one thing to say...

"Git Gud Scrüb"

Edited by 6ixxer, 25 February 2017 - 02:08 PM.

Evacerberus

Evacerberus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Try reading the whole post.

You know, I appreciate you pointing that out to me, and have since read the post. That said, I can't help but to stay cynical. I bought a product that was simply taken away, and I have submitted five support tickets with screen shots that have been ignored. I would at least like a timeline on how they are compensating people in mine and similar situations. I understand that getting belligerent isn't adding anything constructive, but half a year and little to no news on the issue does not speak well of Reloaded and I am simply tired of getting the short end of the stick. 

• Amidatelion likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Are you saying you aren't able to deal with your opponents running seeker? I have one thing to say...

To extend what I said a little...

I think RLD need to make some noob-friendly mechs, even if they are rubbish in high tier as this aids retention.
Also, Make them cheaper so noobs buy them first, and have a label that they are good for beginners, but not strong against experienced pilots.

These noob-mechs can have less dps overall, but they will aid noobs as they will not miss every shot, and therefore get at least some damage on target.
For instance, I think Fred needs to swap to the hidden proximity tow secondary asset, to make it relevant again and noob-friendly (So many noobs don't airburst). Rocketeer, Bruiser, Nief, Fred(modified), etc Mechs that have weapon assists.

Edited by 6ixxer, 25 February 2017 - 04:43 PM.

• Charcoal likes this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Regarding accounts still missing things.... do we need to do another ticket for this or?? It'll be the 3rd submitted ticket I've made regarding. Thanks.
  • Evacerberus likes this

wmmoney.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

While I agree that the big speed increase would be a blast on A mechs, I don't see thrust vectoring being so good on Turkey. -10% on taking a hit seems to be debilitating on a mech that is all about getting all up in the enemies' business. Same logic on raider.

I would also note that it might be useful on SS or reaper, as those mechs are generally not going to want to be stuck in, so the movement bonus would both help them position and be less likely to be dispelled.

I dunno, maybe with Reaper since its options for viable builds are more limited, but I don't think it'd be worth it on SS unless the "short time" is completely insignificant. Even then I doubt I'd personally run a flat 20% speed boost with hardly any downsides over AC/Advanced Armor Fusor/Replenisher/Advanced Reconstructor just because you don't need to cover nearly as much ground to engage using SS compared to the rest of the mechs except Slug Reaper. You should be correcting bad positioning pretty much immediately with SS due to its low DPS and armor making it harder to fight multiple enemies in unfavorable locations, so Thrust Vectoring would just cause you to take extra damage retreating from situations you'd normally still escape from and make you waste more time repairing. It'll also be awful against sustained mechs in general because they'll be virtually guaranteed to trigger constant debuff activations.

Edit: I reread this thread and apparently the speed decrease lasts for three seconds? Yeah no

I might equip TV on Scout and Infil in average-MMR matches because the penalty wouldn't matter too much if I'm mainly vulching and the speed increase would help me exploit bad positioning and close distance, but I'll pass on the rest of my mechs and switch back to my current selections in high-skill servers. Afterburner looks like the most useful planned internal by far especially since it's one slot, and I'll probably swap it for Basic Fuel Converter on everything using that except Zerker, Assault, and Bruiser. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 25 February 2017 - 04:55 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

Nathasar

Nathasar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I am wondering what's going to happen to private servers with this update. Is there a shot we can get Monster Bash back? 

https://community.pl...rd-is-nathasar/

Also, I approve of people researching my parts ~

WUQ5xPY.png

• LaurenEmily likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I am wondering what's going to happen to private servers with this update. 

Nothing. Private servers are on hold until they figure out a way to charge people that isn't sketch and is easily tracked.  

What I want to know is why does KDR have 4 servers still and why Singapore is the only Fight Club left.  

Can we get ONE of those back in North America?!

• crockrocket and ARCH3TYP3 like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I can't be the only one who doesn't have a problem with the UI, right?

Of course you're not. That UI totally sucks.

• dorobo and SS396 like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Of course you're not. That UI totally sucks.

Second.  It looks like a first year web design project from a student with the mentality that C's equals degrees, either that or it was CZeroFive using his M$Paint skills again.

[DELETED]

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Finally, we’d like to close this developer post out on a good note. We’re really, really, really excited about doing the PC relaunch - more than you guys will ever know. We’ve been going the extra mile trying to polish and improve the game. We look forward to providing both Content Update 3 and Content Update 4 in early 2017.

Lastly, get a good, quick look at this guy. You’ll be acquainted with him in the coming weeks :)

Until next time,
CZeroFive

Can you put in a good word for us, to try and include a new map with the relaunch? There's still time to put in the effort.
Even if players come back and there's a new mech or two, they still mostly play the same.

Experienced pilots *really* need a new map. And IMO the relaunch on PC is when it should appear, not beforehand on console .
Your team should understand how to build hype. I'm one of the optimistic ones, and right now I could be more hyped.

Cheers,
6ixxer
  • DerMax and DieselCat like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Even if it's barebones map with no texturing just basic geometry with ambient occlusion would be fine. If not map then at least MAP VOTING so we can skip things like bunker.

edit: workshop for maps?

Edited by dorobo, 26 February 2017 - 03:48 AM.

• Miscellaneous, DieselCat, LaurenEmily and 4 others like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I am wondering what's going to happen to private servers with this update. Is there a shot we can get Monster Bash back? 

https://community.pl...rd-is-nathasar/

Also, I approve of people researching my parts ~

Good things happen when Nathasar has access to private servers.... 

• coldform, LaurenEmily and DeeRax like this

JgQjgkx.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Even if it's barebones map with no texturing just basic geometry with ambient occlusion would be fine. If not map then at least MAP VOTING so we can skip things like bunker.

edit: workshop for maps?

God I hate Bunker. Worst map ever in any game. Dev should not only have been fired, they should have sued him. It is a cluster**** of a map. Yes please let us bypass this drivel of a map. Thank you! :wallbash:

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

God I hate Bunker. Worst map ever in any game. Dev should not only have been fired, they should have sued him. It is a cluster**** of a map. Yes please let us bypass this drivel of a map. Thank you! :wallbash:

Bunker siege looks like fun...

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

It isn't.

[DELETED]

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

only with firendly fire on and you play rev-gl granny

• nepacaka likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Bunker Siege is a blast, don't listen to the haters.

• coldform, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 2 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Bunker Siege is a blast, don't listen to the haters.

Bunker siege best siege
  • DeeRax likes this

JgQjgkx.png

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Bunker siege is pretty fun and bunker isn't even that bad of a map to begin with, don't get why people hate it :s
  • crockrocket, DieselCat and DeeRax like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Bunker siege is pretty fun and bunker isn't even that bad of a map to begin with, don't get why people hate it :s

look what it done to me

during-vivas.gif?w=478&h=269

• DeeRax likes this

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
I hated Bunker for a long while.
I eventually settled in, accepted its weirdness and wide open vulnerability and decided to try and have fun with it.
It's a lot more fun for me now.

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I think Bunker works surprisingly well in competitive play.  Not so much in pubs.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Bunker siege best siege

24-man Bunker Siege is not best siege.

• TangledMantis likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users