Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

24-man Bunker Siege is not best siege.

ohDKCIO.jpg

• crockrocket, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 7 others like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

ohDKCIO.jpg

TBH when I played bunker siege back when War Wednesday ran regularly, my system was nothing like it is today. I only got 10-20 fps during those events, on low settings.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Using a curve, you could assume that the next update is delayed by a month and two weeks according to that timeline, as it hasn't gotten here until another date which may or may not be next week. The next one would be planted sometime around April or May if we follow this trend, assuming that the delay only occurs every two content updates and does not linearly increase since launch.

Here's a graph so you can see my projection:

BOD4aZp.png

Math != Imagination

So where does the PC update fall?  I don't understand why you guys don't work your bugs out on the PC version before pushing it to the consoles.  It should be easier for you to push to the PC since you don't have to go through all the reviews for PS4 and Xbox.

• bacon_avenger and Luaq like this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

So where does the PC update fall?  I don't understand why you guys don't work your bugs out on the PC version before pushing it to the consoles.  It should be easier for you to push to the PC since you don't have to go through all the reviews for PS4 and Xbox.

Seems to me they are going to use the xbone code for the pc side after 'relunch'.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Seems to me they are going to use the xbone code for the pc side after 'relunch'.

Before anyone else gets up in arms about this, they are going to merge the majority of the xbone branch with the PC branch - things like the UI, graphical adjustments and other things that are blatantly PC-centric will stay the same.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

The PC relaunch should coincide with CU4 on the graph.  Since today is monday and I believe it was supposed to be the day that "hasn't gotten here" to release CU3 and theres no CU3 patch anywhere to be seen, we can use deductive reasoning to conclude that CU4 is at least 8 weeks away from next monday.... maybe (unless they violate the coincidence of releasing patches on a monday).

Before anyone else gets up in arms about this, they are going to merge the majority of the xbone branch with the PC branch - things like the UI, graphical adjustments and other things that are blatantly PC-centric will stay the same.

That seems to be a complete contradiction to what CZeroFive posted earlier in the thread, source please?

You could download Hawken for Xbox One, as it's the same codebase we'll be using on PC.

It is my assumption solely based on that statement that we'll get a direct copy of what the Xbox console has (UI included).  Merging the old PC code with the Xbox one branch would be a CM nightmare. 

Edited by SS396, 27 February 2017 - 09:43 PM.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

(UI included).  

*Panics*

• Luaq likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I think Bunker works surprisingly well in competitive play. Not so much in pubs.

Sounds like the ring of truth. It seems like any lack of coordination can be punished pretty severely by a competent enemy team.
  • Luaq likes this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

It isn't.

24-man Bunker Siege is not best siege.

I leave for a year and people still whine about this? Grow a pair, Bunker siege is always fun.

• crockrocket and Luaq like this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

IRON_LORD

IRON_LORD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

YEAH, AN UPDATE I CAN TOUCH.

As always, I hope the advertising campaign for the PC relaunch will be well organized. It would be saddening to see your efforts being wasted because of a lack of visibility. There have been many good games that died because of that.

I'm glad you are actually thinking about the new players more than the veterans. We (...ok, they) will keep waiting for new hardcore stuff, it's almost an hobby nowadays, but newcomers will need to be amazed at first sight by the world of Hawken. I'd say there are few free-to-play fps on steam worth playing other than Hawken, but giving the impression that the game is alive and constantly being updated will always be key.

(broken english ftw)

Ornual

Ornual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

As much as I would have liked to have something positive to say about the update, I logged on to find the Xbox version of Hawken broken to the point of you not even wanting to play it. I think I will be sticking to PC Hawken until they fix it. x.x

Comments/Complaints from the Xbox community of Hawken players below:

Armor fusor was removed entirely, grant it, this is not the end of the world and can be dealt with, but many people are unhappy with having spent many thousands of credits on this internal for use on pretty much all their mechs just to have it vanish out of thin air, needing replaced on every build.

Turrets have been turned all the way up to 10 on the OP scale. Turrets as we know, generally can only be placed one at a time for it's type of item, though this update had something, either a bug or intentional go apes*** on it. All turrets have 3 placements, only take up 3 slots, (so you can run a total of 6 turrets per mech) and now they can all be placed at the same time?! For a total of 36 turrets per team per mech life. I played one game and just said F this.

Those were the major issues.

Minor ones I hear from the community are as follows:

Some sort of instant heal glitch with one of the internals that takes you to full HP in a second.

Half of the mech tree missing for some noob players.

Some grey box now sitting on the top right of your screen with no use to be seen as of yet.

all 12 slots on the top of the screen when loading in that used to show the players mechs now always shows 12 X's, regardless of player count in the lobby. (You can still see what mechs people are launching with on the score board.) 

The scores on the leaderboards were all reset again, and yet once again legacy XP counters were not put into effect on the scoreboards rendering them basically useless for any older players to keep track, considering everyone who has played up to this point will have a different XP rating than their leaderboard rank will show.

Besides the loss of credits for all the Armor Fusors, people seem to be okay with this being gone, provided the turret thing is removed, it's just pure spam at this point.

EDIT: More issues found and added to the list by the Xbox Community.

Tech heal torch was replaced with a EOC Repeater. (basically not a tech, it's special ability still is the old on which is now useless.)

You unlock a Vanguard every 2 days you play in a row that spam your garage. Example: Reward for playing two days in a row is that mech, you play 2 days, stop 1 day, play 2 more days, ect.. Your garage gets spammed filled up with G1 Vanguards with no way to filter them out.

If I could get a comment back on any of this, it would be appreciated so I can share it with the Community that made said comments.  :thumbsup: 

Edited by Ornual, 02 March 2017 - 12:23 AM.

• DerMax, Miscellaneous, Onstrava and 3 others like this

PC/Xbone Hawken player. Community Organizer for the Hawken Community Xbox group (2100+ members and counting).                                                                                          

Controller FPS controls over Keyboards any day!                                      

N8GCbTB.png

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
TURRETS ARE COOL!

Armored fusion gone...hmmmk..blah blah blah...6 turrets! When is this going live?! I want to see 36 turrets on the battlefield. This is exciting news, please tell us more. I want this to go live immediately.

Edited by Onstrava, 01 March 2017 - 02:13 AM.

• Luaq likes this

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

36 MG-turells is not enough, we need "thousands upon thousands of turells" to forgive all the sins.

P.S.: the new C-class mech called "36M" should be renamed to "36 MG-turells carrier", and have ability to throw all 36 sacred MG-turells into 360 random direction by press "F". it will be good.
P.P.S.: Devs, just do it... i need this.

• Luaq and DeeRax like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I leave for a year and people still whine about this? Grow a pair, Bunker siege is always fun.

Do you enjoy fps in the teens? I don't. No matter how fun Bunker Siege was, my lousy PC ruined it for me.

Edited by DallasCreeper, 01 March 2017 - 04:57 AM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Do you enjoy fps in the teens? I don't. No matter how fun Bunker Siege was, my lousy PC ruined it for me.

Are you still having FPS issues? Have you tried Nepacaka's plastic Hawken settings?

mansbestfriend

mansbestfriend

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello. What is the meaning of ''relaunch''? What will happen when the time comes? 

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Are you still having FPS issues? Have you tried Nepacaka's plastic Hawken settings?

I'm not having fps problems anymore, I bought a new GPU last month which solved that issue.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I'm not having fps problems anymore, I bought a new GPU last month which solved that issue.

Sweet. Good deal.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Hello. What is the meaning of ''relaunch''? What will happen when the time comes? 

The PC version will have feature parity with the console version when the relaunch occurs.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The PC version will have feature parity with the console version when the relaunch occurs.

For other people:

Will PC get console's UI?

• DeeRax likes this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

For other people:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by DallasCreeper, 01 March 2017 - 11:14 AM.

• DeeRax likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

For other people:

Yes but it may see some polish to be more user friendly and graphically appealing.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Yes but it may or may not see some polish to be more user friendly and graphically appealing.

Fixed yer post.

#morevague

#keepitconsistent 

• Luaq and DeeRax like this

[DELETED]

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Yes but it may see some polish to be more user friendly and graphically appealing.

...seriously?  

I mean... seriously?

You realize you're just going to get dumpstered for putting that on PC, right?

EDIT: This is so confusing. This is the sort of thing that branched code specifically exists for. I don't understand why you wouldn't try to polish the PC UI. The garage still exists. We know it still exists because we can hear the mechs stand up when we load the game. I understand that the console UI needed to get rid of the tiny text that the PC one has, but I don't understand why the PC needs kindergarten-huge stickers in place of a decent UI.  The console UI is objectively worse at everything than the PC one, including clarity. Have you tried to select a mech at the bottom of your list from the top? Even on console I can barely read them on the TV and the pics of the new mechs are so generic I can't tell what I'm looking at half the time so I have to wait for the mech to load to verify!

FFS, you can't even change your weapons in mid-battle on console despite the fact that there are buttons available for it!  

I am so confused. This is compounding your problems for no good reason that I can see, and good luck getting anyone back on board after they take one look at that mess. You are lighting the dumpster on fire.

Edited by Amidatelion, 01 March 2017 - 01:50 PM.

• DerMax, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 7 others like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

That's not good at all.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, Amidatelion and 2 others like this

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, Amidatelion and 4 others like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

You can polish a turd

Objectively false.
Source:

...seriously?  

I mean... seriously?

You are lighting the dumpster on fire.

This dumpster has been lit for awhile now.

Gross. Why.

Edited by DeeRax, 01 March 2017 - 02:07 PM.

• SS396 and Luaq like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Objectively false.

Nah. I did my research before posting:

Too bad the new UI doesn't look this good.

Edited by hellc9943, 01 March 2017 - 02:10 PM.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, Amidatelion and 6 others like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I don't have details because to be quite honest, I am not sure of what the UI changes are that we're going to make. I am a programmer and in this case the messenger, don't shoot me.

• Luaq likes this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Nah. I did my research before posting:

Too bad the new UI doesn't look this good.

Hahahaha, I saw that. xD
(ugh.)

Is a molded ball of poop really a turd anymore tho? I mean, it's still fuzzy bunny, yeah, but now it's a ball of fuzzy bunny. But try taking a fuzzy bunny in its natural turd form and then polishing that.
My argument stands?

Though I guess with a premium specimen, good technique, and a delicate touch, it might be possible...

Edited by DeeRax, 01 March 2017 - 02:31 PM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

This is exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen.

The console UI is objectively worse at everything than the PC one, including clarity. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Hi.

Relaunch means to launch a game that has already been launched. Its a second attempt to bring interest back after there has been some form of change.

It took me a while but now I finally understand what I was looking at.  I knew the X axis was time, but I didn't quite get what the Y axis was trying to convey, below is just my guess.  (In my university physics classes if you didn't label your axes you got an automatic F for your lab reports. Shame shame) 

prikDQi.png

So you wanted to know what will happen when the time comes (in at least 8 weeks after next monday).... disappointment at a higher rate as indicated by the slope of the line after CU4.  

Photoshop CS > Gimp > M$Paint

[DELETED]

seekanddominate

seekanddominate

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi.

Relaunch means to launch a game that has already been launched. Its a second attempt to bring interest back after there has been some form of change.

It took me a while but now I finally understand what I was looking at.  I knew the X axis was time, but I didn't quite get what the Y axis was trying to convey, below is just my guess.  (In my university physics classes if you didn't label your axes you got an automatic F for your lab reports. Shame shame) 

prikDQi.png

So you wanted to know what will happen when the time comes (in at least 8 weeks after next monday).... disappointment at a higher rate as indicated by the slope of the line after CU4.  

Photoshop CS > Gimp > M$Paint

Actually what I was wondering was if we would have to redownload the game or is it gonna be like a patch?  I want to make this clear, I really love this game and I am gonna keep lovin' it no matter what. Because I respect evolutions. Although like I asked, when it's relaunched, is it gonna be a patch or are gonna have to redownload it. I would be glad if the technical team clears that. Thanks.

Evacerberus

Evacerberus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Well, please deliver a message to whoever makes that decision and politely point them in the direction of a new UI. Bloody hell the UI for console is terrible, and making us suffer any more at this point is just beating a dead horse.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

If the UI was designed to be scaled and changed easily, it shouldn't be much of a problem. That being said, I would hope they still redesign the UI for PC, as it is lackluster—especially the mech tree.

The fear that I, and probably many others have, is if it's going to be well-optimized for the PC platform both in performance and feasibility. Would hate to see it run pathetically on relaunch.

TpsOr7F.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Yeah the console UI is garbo, pls no.

We're not shooting the messanger, so long as you can give messages both ways.
  • Miscellaneous and DeeRax like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

the end is nigh, i can see it, tis within sight, it falls with a court order removing this IP from their ownership and banning them from releasing or developing games or sims all in favor say aye

aye!

• LaurenEmily likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

just beating a dead horse.

dead horse was born for this.

• Miscellaneous, Evacerberus, JackVandal and 1 other like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

animated-horse-gif-16.gif

• Miscellaneous, Luaq, Bergwein and 3 others like this

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I think Hawken's PC GUI is leagues ahead of this GUI for consoles. What it could use is better mech access.
  • dorobo and Bergwein like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users