• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Wait, so they've invented the time machine? Have you seen the dinosaurs? Killed the baby Hitler? How's Hawken doing in 2025?

Fixed that. It's early, gimme a break!

• dorobo, DerMax, Miscellaneous and 3 others like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

The turn cap shouldn't affect aiming, as it only affects X/Y rotation rate caps. As long as you're not hitting those rotation caps, you should be able to aim the same. Doing a 90 degrees turn should be less painful with it enabled.

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your phrasing but... That directly affects aiming, or at least the field in which you can quickly aim. As far as I can tell this allows for a larger mechanical skill gap between skrub and mlg. But hey I guess if  there's another season omni isn't playing right?

Edited by crockrocket, 24 February 2017 - 05:00 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

This news does sound mostly good TBH.

Except....

Bloody seeker on mechs... seriously?

And...

still using the terrible UI in those screenshots, still ugly, bad colour scheme, buttons and all assets are way too large. I just really hope they don't push that UI on the PC version.

They aren't, which has been confirmed. 

And Seekerauder is amazing, I'll fight you.

• DerMax and Luaq like this

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Yes, the afterburner's dodge speed refers to the speed in which the dodge is executed.

C05, what about boosting? Many pilots eventually learn to link boosts and dodges into nifty chains...with afterburner, will they become chains of old school boost speeds linked with enhanced afterburnered dodges?

Nevermind I went back and read. Duh.

Edited by ARCH3TYP3, 24 February 2017 - 05:42 AM.

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

C05, what about boosting? Many pilots eventually learn to link boosts and dodges into nifty chains...with afterburner, will they become chains of old school boost speeds linked with enhanced afterburnered dodges?

Nevermind I went back and read. Duh.

Just so there's no confusion. It applies to both boosts and dodges.

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your phrasing but... That directly affects aiming, or at least the field in which you can quickly aim. As far as I can tell this allows for a larger mechanical skill gap between skrub and mlg. But hey I guess if  there's another season omni isn't playing right?

Yes, it will increase the field in which you can quickly aim. Given the values, that's not a lot of space increase, and also given the values, you'd be sacrificing 3 slots of internals - which is a huge tradeoff. Especially when you consider that some internals give more of a benefit than that. The lower turn cap Mechs will actually get less of a benefit just due to the percentage increase so you'll probably see this used on things like the Scout/Zerker, where they would have to sacrifice movement internals to equip this thing.

Edited by CZeroFive, 24 February 2017 - 05:51 AM.

Sriracha_Sauce

Sriracha_Sauce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
SMC tow on proct will be more annoying zerk with no damage boost on the merits of ridiculous airspeed. It'll quickly become the ideal build I think.

Edited by Sriracha_Sauce, 24 February 2017 - 08:20 AM.

Can't handle the sauce?

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

The new TOW mech has only a single alternate weapon due to how lightweight the Mech is. The Seeker can be changed out with a SMC Cannon, which is the only thing that engineers have found that fits on the thing with a TOW rocket weighing it down.

I too consider automatic heat-seeking missile launchers to be the premier choice in compact and lightweight weaponry
  • DeeRax likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Sigil_

Sigil_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I mean, you could say that the Piston (Berserker) and Moke (Scout) chassis are sturdier or have a higher lifting capacities than the Proct, but both have been running around with TOWs paired with 'Heavy' weapons for years now. Both even have access to the same loadouts as the Brawler, Vulcan / TOW on Berserker and Flak / TOW on Scout.

• DeeRax likes this

No melee. No lasers.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I'm not sure you can really make the "weight" argument in a universe where the mechs literally only function due to antigravity minerals.

• crockrocket likes this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I'm not sure you can really make the "weight" argument in a universe where the mechs literally only function due to antigravity minerals.

You're underestimating the power of the glorious leaders.

Obviously they can make such claim, and whatever else they wish because they are able to access and manipulate the very structure of the game's universe and it's unique laws of physics. 

• Silverfire, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 5 others like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

g1391797573406916835.jpg

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

Taerkasten

Taerkasten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Sounds promising the updates, well to be frank many of us are still waiting and in the meantime, playing another games and expecting a good comeback of hawken.

Just a quick question for the dev, i'll have some years than i'll stopped playing the game, soon i'll redownload the game for playing again, ¿My mech's will be there?, i'll mean i'll have in the garage all the standard variants of the mechs, alot of boosters, alot of credits, alot of personalization for them, etc etc, ¿they will be there?, ¿Or i'll have to send a support ticket if they are not in the garage? the worst thing than i'll dislike is the idea of start from strach, or zero.

Good day.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

The first content update for Hawken was released on September 26, 2016. The second one has been released on November 21st, 2016. The third one will be released rather soon along the same schedule timeline. Use your imagination.

Well, if you are going off of that, by using some simple math one can conclude that the third one is already late by quite a few weeks, it should of already happened on January 16th 2017.

I was hoping the relaunch would coincide with April 1st, well... you can use your imagination on why.  #missedopportunity

Now at least we have narrowed down when its NOT going to happen and thats anytime in roughly the next 8 weeks.  #evenlaterearly2017

Thanks.

Math > imagination

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

PETRONAS

PETRONAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have been seeing nothing as far as Anti Cheats and routing out hackers on the PC platform.  Anything being done about this problem/issue? 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Well, if you are going off of that, by using some simple math one can conclude that the third one is already late by quite a few weeks, it should of already happened on January 16th 2017.

I was hoping the relaunch would coincide with April 1st, well... you can use your imagination on why.  #missedopportunity

Now at least we have narrowed down when its NOT going to happen and thats anytime in roughly the next 8 weeks.  #evenlaterearly2017

Thanks.

Math > imagination

Using a curve, you could assume that the next update is delayed by a month and two weeks according to that timeline, as it hasn't gotten here until another date which may or may not be next week. The next one would be planted sometime around April or May if we follow this trend, assuming that the delay only occurs every two content updates and does not linearly increase since launch.

Here's a graph so you can see my projection:

BOD4aZp.png

Math != Imagination

• Nachoeslach, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 6 others like this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I have been seeing nothing as far as Anti Cheats and routing out hackers on the PC platform.  Anything being done about this problem/issue? 

As stated many moons ago, it's something we'll evaluate and react to accordingly, and probably won't be public about it.

• DemitronPrime likes this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Using a curve, you could assume that the next update is delayed by a month and two weeks according to that timeline, as it hasn't gotten here until another date which may or may not be next week. The next one would be planted sometime around April or May if we follow this trend, assuming that the delay only occurs every two content updates and does not linearly increase since launch.

Here's a graph so you can see my projection:

BOD4aZp.png

Math != Imagination

and it could happen on April 1st.   #makeithappen

Straight lines != curves

#geometryishard

• DingdongJR likes this

[DELETED]

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Can you confirm that you will at some point be burning the cheating heretics in the glorious fires of the almighty EOC ??
  • DemitronPrime likes this

wmmoney.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Can you confirm that you will at some point be burning the cheating heretics in the glorious fires of the almighty EOC ??

Clearly we'll just replace their chat with a !random command quote from #hawkenscrim and that will suffice as punishment.

• bacon_avenger, coldform, crockrocket and 12 others like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

my smurf mechs all work now, no Patrick head on the Fred, etc.  on the Vanguard that i hc'd just to have something, my garage purchase shows smc, and eligible to purchas miniflak alt weapon.  ingame, it shows i have smcs in both default and alt weps.  weird.

have yet to positively confirm em1o hc/xp award rates and wild mmr change rates have fixed.

really good news is my fps dips 20-60 when shifting modes (garage, carousel, ready) but otherwise remains steady inmatch at 121.9-122.0.  amazing!  Prosk, and especially Facility (coop-bot-destruct was eye-hurty 10-30 fps)!

amazing!

:thumbsup:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

The relaunch has not been delayed. It's always been Early 2017.

You could download Hawken for Xbox One, as it's the same codebase we'll be using on PC.

IF i wanted to re install my whole machine on windows 10 (which i really dont want to do) you mean? because as far as i know as a windows 7 user that isnt an option?

Unless I am missing something (possible)

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Unless I am missing something (possible)

Yeah, obviously you are missing the Xbox One.

#only8moreweeks

[DELETED]

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Yeah, obviously you are missing the Xbox One.

#only8moreweeks

you comment is obviously missing Relevance....

Considering the point is not paying for a second Microsoft computer when i already have a decent rig;)

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

The new TOW mech has only a single alternate weapon due to how lightweight the Mech is. The Seeker can be changed out with a SMC Cannon, which is the only thing that engineers have found that fits on the thing with a TOW rocket weighing it down.

btw, SMC+TOW is a berserk clone. how about EOK+TOW. at current moment there no mech with EOK+TOW combination. will be pretty cool.
also, how about new C-class with EOK+TOW? i mean, except Brawler almost all C's use grenade-type weapons, (GL, KLA, Saare), will be pretty good see another C-class with old'n'rusty TOW launcher. Due the many of C-class use SMC, Vulcans, and other sustain weapons, EOK+TOW can be quite good, bacoz rocketeeer is not good.

• DeeRax likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

you comment is obviously missing Relevance....

No, it was completely relevant.

Considering the point is not paying for a second Microsoft computer when i already have a decent rig;)

You cannot play H?wken for Xbox One WITHOUT an Xbox One.

[DELETED]

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

No, it was completely relevant.

You cannot play H?wken for Xbox One WITHOUT an Xbox One.

http://www.cinemable...ards-56737.html

JS

http://img.cinemable...ecf728cc278.jpg

http://img.cinemable...134c2ff31c1.jpg

My... What a big Xbone he has

Edited by DemitronPrime, 24 February 2017 - 02:33 PM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm OK going to check my main and all my alts for either working mechs to replace all the broken ones I spent real money on. OR to see if I have compensation that will allow me to replace the body parts, paint jobs, rockets, etc that I had to begin with. I'll post back later after i'm done. BUT I have heard the check is in the mail many, many, many times in the last 4 years. Soooo I'm believing cash in my hand.

**OK EDIT UPDATE, Like I said I would I am reporting back with results on all my accts.**

OK CZeroFive I will give credit where it is due. All my mechs are working on all my accts now. I was compensated for missing stuff on my main acct. The only 2 things I'm missing are ones I've had problems with for years. First the first 9 months of my game time are gone. The original devs had to replace it once in spring of 2013. It disappeared again later and then the devs disappeared. Then reloaded came and they didn't have it so they said I joined in June/July of 2013. And from what you are saying you all have some of the early database are missing. OK I get that. I'll live with that. Hell my time online in the main game has now lost over 500 hours of my time on that main as it was running backwards for about a year since reloaded took over. (yeah that was weird and they had no idea why it was doing that. It has since stopped going backwards and is going forward again.) I actually joined in October of 2012 for the 1st closed beta. I did the second one. Missed the 3rd because my mom was in the hospital with serious surgery. I was one of the unlucky few who originally did not receive their BETA SKIN and had to petition the devs for it. It was given to me since I actually was there. It disappeared sometime late 2013 and the devs disappeared in 2014 so never got it back then. Then reloaded came and said they would give it back as soon as they could find the Beta Skin in the database. They have told me for over a year now they can't find the Beta Skin in the database. I find that odd since other players have theirs and you now should know where it is by now. I mean really. I will open a ticket again on that and I'll post in the PC trouble section of the forums too. Maybe you'll see one of them and help me get it back. Its one of the things that really mean a lot to me. I earned it. I worked hard for it and I was there. So please give it back to me? Thank you for your time and trouble. I do appreciate my mechs working again and I appreciate the compensation for the stuff lost. Take care, see you in game. Novt8r............

Edited by Nov8tr, 24 February 2017 - 04:00 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

http://www.cinemable...ards-56737.html

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards?
BY WILLIAM USHER 3 YEARS AGO 0 COMMENTS

Find something more recent and relevant.

[DELETED]

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards?
BY WILLIAM USHER 3 YEARS AGO 0 COMMENTS

Find something more recent and relevant.

Look dude... Just because C0 made you look like an Idiot a few posts earlier dont mean you have to be a douche ok? Go have a coffee, sit in the corner and think about your life...

the only REASON i even mentioned this is because C0 told me i can download hawken for Xbone and try that, upon doing a little research it IS possible to play xbone games on windows 10... even without a xbox one...

but here you are in typical chevy style making a heap of noise and going no where... trade in man...

#ifitainamoparitaintacar

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Look dude... Just because C0 made you look like an Idiot a few posts earlier dont mean you have to be a douche ok? Go have a coffee, sit in the corner and think about your life...

the only REASON i even mentioned this is because C0 told me i can download hawken for Xbone and try that, upon doing a little research it IS possible to play xbone games on windows 10... even without a xbox one...

but here you are in typical chevy style making a heap of noise and going no where... trade in man...

#ifitainamoparitaintacar

Prove it.

Show me where people are downloading H?wken for Xbox One and playing it on a Windows 10 PC with no Xbox One.

You made yourself look like an idiot in your own post.  Congrats.

[DELETED]

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Clearly we'll just replace their chat with a !random command quote from #hawkenscrim and that will suffice as punishment.

That's not a punishment for me.

• Miscellaneous, LaurenEmily, DemitronPrime and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Prove it.

Show me where people are downloading H?wken for Xbox One and playing it on a Windows 10 PC with no Xbox One.

You made yourself look like an idiot in your own post.  Congrats.

I made my self look like an idiot for looking into a comment made by a DEV? a commented QUESTION that you decided to Jump in on and be amateur hour troll (even though the post had nothing to do with you) just because your day is fuzzy bunny and you wanna try share your negative energy?

LOL ok bruh

P.S -- hope either your day gets better or you learn to stop projecting your hateful fuzzy bunny onto other people for no apparent reason...

#ownergotamopar

4227567477_cb6bd2cfd5_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by DemitronPrime, 24 February 2017 - 04:11 PM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

snip

snap

Can you guys just transfer this argument to a PM and save the thread for actual feedback?

Can you, like, stop? You're being incredibly irritating.

^

Feedback: This is good. I like this, but I still don't know whether or not PC is getting the new UI. I like the current one more.

Edited by DallasCreeper, 24 February 2017 - 04:16 PM.

• dorobo and DemitronPrime like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

-snip-

lNM7VnC.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

yeah man sorry dude...

I just didnt appreciate him getting all rude when i was just tryna ask c0 what he meant in his reply to me.... but yeah im done

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I made my self look like an idiot for looking into a comment made by a DEV? a commented QUESTION that you decided to Jump in on and be amateur hour troll (even though the post had nothing to do with you) just because your day is fuzzy bunny and you wanna try share your negative energy?

LOL ok bruh

P.S -- hope either your day gets better or you learn to stop projecting your hateful fuzzy bunny onto other people for no apparent reason...

#ownergotamopar

4227567477_cb6bd2cfd5_z.jpg?zz=1

No, you are an idiot because you don't understand simple english.  A Dev told you that you could download Hawken and play it because he assumed you were smart enough to understand that you also needed a fuzzy bunnyng Xbox One to do it.  Yeah I know what a stretch that was.  Who knew there were truck drivers like you that played video games.

Second, nobody was being a douche to you, until now, if you had noticed I have been posting amusing posts all fuzzy bunnyng day, and that includes the one that was a direct response to your dumb ass question to CZeroFive.

It wasn't until you got all uber butthurt that you had to fly off the fuzzy bunnyng handle and start trying to insult someone by attacking something that they like.  Where was I attacking you or the things you like?  I was simply trying to tell you the truth and you are to fuzzy bunnyng dumb to understand it and concluded it was someone being a douche to you.  #notmyproblem

And no my Chevelle doesn't look like that, I live in a desert not the woods (but at least you got the year correct, so bonus points, thats a sweet fixeruper).

[DELETED]

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

snippity snappity

Can you guys just transfer this argument to a PM and save the thread for actual feedback?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

yeah man sorry dude...

I just didnt appreciate him getting all rude when i was just tryna ask c0 what he meant in his reply to me.... but yeah im done

Next time just be done a little faster, thanks.  I don't enjoy reading your posts half the time, tbh because I find them lacking.

Edited by Silverfire, 24 February 2017 - 04:33 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

about the calendar. do i get the raider for playing 4 days in a row? and then assault for 7 days in a row?

• coldform likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Baleted

Edited by Amidatelion, 25 February 2017 - 04:51 AM.

• LaurenEmily, Rainbow_Sheep, DemitronPrime and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users